Reports sending PDF format on GP 9.0

I would like to request you to get solution for GP-9, Reports format sending
through outlook as PDF format. I have installed Adobe writer and trying to
send to PDF format. It’s giving the following error.

"When you create a postscript file you have to send the host fonts. Please
go t he printer properties “Adobe PDF Settings" page and turn off the option
" Do not send fonts to Distiller"

But I checked on the printer properties I could not find such option there.

Please provide me the solution
Regards,
saifu

0
saifu (6)

From the General Page of the printer properties, select the "Printing
Preferences" button.  You'll find the checkbox there.

"saifu" wrote:

> I would like to request you to get solution for GP-9, Reports format sending
> through outlook as PDF format. I have installed Adobe writer and trying to
> send to PDF format. It’s giving the following error.
>
> "When you create a postscript file you have to send the host fonts. Please
> go t he printer properties “Adobe PDF Settings" page and turn off the option
> " Do not send fonts to Distiller"
>
> But I checked on the printer properties I could not find such option there.
>
> Please provide me the solution
> Regards,
> saifu

0
urprete (7)
8/25/2006 2:24:02 PM
i checked on general page prperties and printing preferences also. there are
the follwoing :-

1-view adobe PDF result
2-prompt for adobe PDF file
3-do not send fonts to "Adobe PDF"

i disable the 3rd option, but its sill not working..

tks
saf

"urprete" wrote:

> From the General Page of the printer properties, select the "Printing
> Preferences" button.  You'll find the checkbox there.
>
> "saifu" wrote:
>
> > I would like to request you to get solution for GP-9, Reports format sending
> > through outlook as PDF format. I have installed Adobe writer and trying to
> > send to PDF format. It’s giving the following error.
> >
> > "When you create a postscript file you have to send the host fonts. Please
> > go t he printer properties “Adobe PDF Settings" page and turn off the option
> > " Do not send fonts to Distiller"
> >
> > But I checked on the printer properties I could not find such option there.
> >
> > Please provide me the solution
> > Regards,
> > saifu

0
saifu (6)
8/26/2006 9:43:01 AM
Saifu, I have the same problem with GP 8.0 & Adobe 7.  I see no one has
answered your post in a few days.  I was able to e-mail for months & now I
can't. I still haven't found an answer on why. I will keep u posted if I find
an answer on this problem. Please do the same.

Al

"saifu" wrote:

> i checked on general page prperties and printing preferences also. there are
> the follwoing :-
>
> 1-view adobe PDF result
> 2-prompt for adobe PDF file
> 3-do not send fonts to "Adobe PDF"
>
> i disable the 3rd option, but its sill not working..
>
> tks
> saf
>
> "urprete" wrote:
>
> > From the General Page of the printer properties, select the "Printing
> > Preferences" button.  You'll find the checkbox there.
> >
> > "saifu" wrote:
> >
> > > I would like to request you to get solution for GP-9, Reports format sending
> > > through outlook as PDF format. I have installed Adobe writer and trying to
> > > send to PDF format. It’s giving the following error.
> > >
> > > "When you create a postscript file you have to send the host fonts. Please
> > > go t he printer properties “Adobe PDF Settings" page and turn off the option
> > > " Do not send fonts to Distiller"
> > >
> > > But I checked on the printer properties I could not find such option there.
> > >
> > > Please provide me the solution
> > > Regards,
> > > saifu

0
Al1 (451)
9/1/2006 3:52:02 PM
I have found that getting Adobe Acrobat and GP to work together required a
very fragile balance.  The slightest change to Acrobat will make it stop
working.  Here are the things that I have seen break it after it's been
working fine:

- upgrading/installing new version of GP
- installing service pack for Acrobat
- creating a non-default setting in Acrobat (this is a biggie - it will
cause the same message you're getting, even though you have the box
unchecked)

Mine had been working fine for a long time, and all of a sudden stopped 2
weeks ago.  I believe it was caused by a service pack to Acrobat.  I went
into the settings and found that the checkbox for "Do not send fonts to
Adobe PDF" was all of a sudden checked, where I know I had it unchecked
previously.  I have also seen cases where even though you turned off that
setting in the Adobe PDF printer settings under Printers and Faxes, in GP,
if you go to File > Print Setup and select Adobe PDF as the printer and
click on Properties the "Do not send fonts to Adobe PDF" was still checked
and you need to uncheck it there as well.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Saifu, I have the same problem with GP 8.0 & Adobe 7.  I see no one has
> answered your post in a few days.  I was able to e-mail for months & now I
> can't. I still haven't found an answer on why. I will keep u posted if I
> find
> an answer on this problem. Please do the same.
>
> Al
>
> "saifu" wrote:
>
>> i checked on general page prperties and printing preferences also. there
>> are
>> the follwoing :-
>>
>> 1-view adobe PDF result
>> 2-prompt for adobe PDF file
>> 3-do not send fonts to "Adobe PDF"
>>
>> i disable the 3rd option, but its sill not working..
>>
>> tks
>> saf
>>
>> "urprete" wrote:
>>
>> > From the General Page of the printer properties, select the "Printing
>> > Preferences" button.  You'll find the checkbox there.

0
victoria (3340)

Favourite GP Feature
What are some of the members of this boards favourite GP feature or trick? I am looking to compile a list of simple tricks users can learn quickly to help them out. Do an Interent seach for GP 50 tips and tricks. You'll get results from Convergence 2010 presentations. some good tips in there. Also search for 50 more tips and tricks. "Adam" wrote: > What are some of the members of this boards favourite GP feature or trick? > > I am looking to compile a list of simple tricks users can learn quickly to > help them out. Try this blog for a da...

Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.
Hi, We are using Office/Outlook 2007 We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working ok except for two things; If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word 2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of 1,15. So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10. If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the us...

can't send or receive emails

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

Where is the lasso feature in 2008? (was in formatting palette in 2004)

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

Reporting IRA distributions
I have an IRA account with corresponding cash account. I am trying to get the distribution from the IRA to show up as "Retirement Income" in the Tax-Related Transactions report. How to do it? The distributions are handled as a transfer from the IRA Investment cash acct to a checking account. Thanks for any help. Money 99, BTW. Do I need to upgrade to a later version? ...

formatting auto replies
Does anyone know of a method that allows outlook 2k2 to format automatic replies regardless of the format of the original message? I setup this automatic response rule that replies with a template, but problem is, when replying to http clients (hotmail or yahoo), the message at the receiver's end has words totally misplaced, all over the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

how do i send an e_mail from outlook?
please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? gholinezhad wrote: > please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? Is this real? Click on "New", write your mail and then click "Send" ...

Mail will not Send/Receive automatically
I have outlook set up to send/receive every minute but it suddenly stopped doing so. Anyone have ideas why? Robin Several. For starters, a one minute polling interval is just nuts. It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working. In general, here are the reasons automatic polling might fail in Outlook: 1. You have created an unrealistic po...

Printer specs -- A2007 PDF
I'm using A2007 to email a report in PDF format. Some of my users are ending up with a Portrait report instead of the report's Landscape default. They don't see it until they've emailed it already. How can I programmatically force it to landscape at the time I set up the email? ...

Re: teach me how to send friends email

no access to send internet email

Format for credit card numbers

Varying format
Is there any way to format a cell differently depending on the number of decimal places typed in? What I need is a minimum of 2dp but 3 if the typed entry matches. eg 1.2 appears as 1.20 and 1.234 appears as typed. TIA Ian Hi! Try formatting the cell with a custom number format such as 0.00## Al -- Alf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27494 "AlfD" <AlfD.1f5q6o@excelforum-nospam.c...

Custom reports #3

OL 2000 should not autom send/receive on start
Hi, I found it in OL 2002 but not in OL 2000. How can I define, or better disable, that OL is trying to send/receive mails on starting and closing OL? And it should never automatically try every x minutes to do so. I found this option on OL2000 but my impression is, that OL is still polling the pop3 account for new mails. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks a lot Hans Tools->email accounts->send/receive settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail se...