Report Wrtier - Keep Group Together

On our POs the Line Item information in  printed in two rows.  On multi-page
POs the last line item on will print one line of information and the other on
page 2.  Is there a way to keep the infomration together? We are on version
10.

0
MikeWal (41)

Report Writer engine is a single pass processing engine, this is, it
navigates the tables that it uses to yield data on a report sequentially from
top to bottom. This in turn means that Report Writer cannot go back to the
previous record and figure out whether it needs to move it to another page
before outputing the current record, and as you already know, there is no
such flag as "Keep Group Together". In fact, Report Writer is bound by the
fixed size of each section on which it needs to print data.

Hence, if you need such level of functionality and printing quality for your
reports, you will need to move to the more sophisticated SSRS or Crystal
Reports.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"MikeWal" wrote:

> On our POs the Line Item information in  printed in two rows.  On multi-page
> POs the last line item on will print one line of information and the other on
> page 2.  Is there a way to keep the infomration together? We are on version
> 10.

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
10/8/2008 8:14:25 PM
Can I re-size the section?

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Report Writer engine is a single pass processing engine, this is, it
> navigates the tables that it uses to yield data on a report sequentially from
> top to bottom. This in turn means that Report Writer cannot go back to the
> previous record and figure out whether it needs to move it to another page
> before outputing the current record, and as you already know, there is no
> such flag as "Keep Group Together". In fact, Report Writer is bound by the
> fixed size of each section on which it needs to print data.
>
> Hence, if you need such level of functionality and printing quality for your
> reports, you will need to move to the more sophisticated SSRS or Crystal
> Reports.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "MikeWal" wrote:
>
> > On our POs the Line Item information in  printed in two rows.  On multi-page
> > POs the last line item on will print one line of information and the other on
> > page 2.  Is there a way to keep the infomration together? We are on version
> > 10.

0
MikeWal (41)
10/8/2008 8:25:03 PM
Resizing the section is always an option, but still not a guarantee that
records won't move onto the following page for the case you originally
encountered.

Best regards,
--

"MikeWal" wrote:

> Can I re-size the section?
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Report Writer engine is a single pass processing engine, this is, it
> > navigates the tables that it uses to yield data on a report sequentially from
> > top to bottom. This in turn means that Report Writer cannot go back to the
> > previous record and figure out whether it needs to move it to another page
> > before outputing the current record, and as you already know, there is no
> > such flag as "Keep Group Together". In fact, Report Writer is bound by the
> > fixed size of each section on which it needs to print data.
> >
> > Hence, if you need such level of functionality and printing quality for your
> > reports, you will need to move to the more sophisticated SSRS or Crystal
> > Reports.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> >

> > "MikeWal" wrote:
> >
> > > On our POs the Line Item information in  printed in two rows.  On multi-page
> > > POs the last line item on will print one line of information and the other on
> > > page 2.  Is there a way to keep the infomration together? We are on version
> > > 10.

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

SQL Reporting Services and GP 10
Hello: Is it possible to associate SQL Reporting Services reports with SOP invoices in GP 10.0 rather than with Report Writer? I know that Accountable Software has Forms Printer, but I believe that that only works with Crystal. And, I know that there are SRS reports written to display data from GP but I do not think that these reports will work in terms of printing invoices or orders from SOP. Thanks! childofthe1980s No not really.. The problem is that when an SOP or POP document is printed, GP needs to be updated. Accountable does that with their Crystal interface but I dont kno...

Reporting Hardware Specs for a 20TB Oracle DB
Hello, I have a requirement for a Reporting Solution for an Enterprise Reporting Solution for a 20TB Oracle (running on Unix) Datawarehouse that does about 150M Transactions a day. There are about 300 users and not more than 30 concurrent users. They already have a MOSS 2007 Installation so i need specs for the SSAS Server which will sit on its own server. My questions are; 1) What should the specs (RAM, Processor, Disk Space) of this SSAS Server be? 2) What would the specs of the SSRS Server be? 3) Any other special considerations? Thanks I'd buy the highest machi...

Report of sales by month based on a cross tab query
Hi, I have a cross tab query that will provide sales by month for 2008. Right now it is sales for January08. As there are sales for future months, they will appear as well. I want to create a table that has all of the months listed out already. Right now, on the first day of the month, I go into the report and add the new month. I want it so that all month are listed which I have done. The problem is that when I run the report, I get an error that says "the Microsoft Jet does not recognize February as a valid field name. After today, there will be February data but no March ...

Does the New Worth Report have a fault
When I calculate my new worth in MS Money 2000 (old version I know) it adds my assets and liabilities instead of subtracting them. For example, if my savings, checking, investments total $10,000.00 and my liabilities total $5000.00, MS Money calculates my net worth as $15,000.00. Shouldn't my net worth be $5,000.00? Shouldn't it subtract my liabilities instead of add them? Please let me know if there is a glich in the software and how I can fix it. Also please let me know if I am financially inept. Thanks, -k In your example, the net worth should be $5,000.00. You may hav...

Grouping Pie Slices
Is there a way that I can select and group individual pie slices together? Hi, Jon shows away of doing this in his article. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=471 Cheers Andy beeemergyrl wrote: > Is there a way that I can select and group individual pie slices together? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Problems with reports on Money 2004
I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a new UK version available so I cannot upgrade. Can anybody help In microsoft.public.money, Jayne Morris <Jayne Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I >have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it >still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a ne...

Can there be variable size columns in one report?
I want to create a report that has 3 sub-reports of different column widths. Is this possible? -The 1st sub-report has 1 column that occupies the entire width of the page -The 2nd sub-report can fit 2 columns in the page width -The 3rd sub-report can fit 3 columns in the page width Subreports can have any number of columns that don't have to be the same from one to another. Typically your columns should display across then down in order to render properly as a subreport. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "SheldonHinds" wrote: > I want to create a r...

Report Sum
I am working on a cost study form for a body shop. Each vehicle will have its own page. I have to be able to add up to 15 different list part totals as well as 15 different net part totals. I then need to add the 7% tax of the list part total to the net parts total. I would love some input on what would be the easiest way to achieve this because I then have to generate a report with by the different companies showing total parts, total labor and total profit ratio. Usually, you want to text put boxes in footer of the form. You have to pull the footer down on the bottom to have...

Categories & Reports in MM 2002? #2
I created a Business classification to keep track of business expenses. Yet, I cannot use any Reports for my Business classification. How do I just limit the Reports for the Business classification? Christopher Paul Billows http://www.accidentaldesign.com "Life is not fair, it is interconnected" -- myself ...

Grouping mail by From and To
I would like to be able to create a view which groups email messages by sender AND recipient. In other words I would like each group heading for a given name to contain all the email sent to that name plus all the emails received from that name. Seems like an obvious thing to want to do but is it possible and, if so, how? I don't think you can group by two fields like that (either field having a common value). You could create a search folder that will group mail from & to certain people that that's limited to one contract per search folder <john@antell.org> wrote in ...

Print employee record summary Inquiry report
How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? There's not a report you can print from the window. You can either do a screen shot of it or create a custom report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Hazvi" wrote: > How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? ...

Keeping Custom Properties When Forwarding or Replying to a Message #2
We have emails saved on the file system, that is kept track of by another program. These emails have custom properties attached to them. There is no custom form, just custom properties. These fields were originally added using objPost.UserProperties.Add. We need it so that when someone opens up one of these emails through the file system, and then replies or fowards the message, these custom properties are kept in the reply. This is so the external program can track these emails. Is there a way this can be done? We could have these emails opened up using an Outlook command line that i...

Report on a specific printer, bug in access 2007?
Dear all, in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup" button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However, after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this worked with all previous versions of access, it seems the specific printer setting has no effect anymore). Does someone know where I could find a patch or a workaround for this? (no updates are found through office update, and this might be critical for some applications). Regard...

sales report by split sales persons
we have situations where 2 different sales persons sell to the same customer, depending on product group. We select the specific sales person when we enter the sales order. Unfortunately, later when we want to run a sales report, it assigns all the sales to whatever salesperson is shown in the Cards as the default sales person. We need a report that assigns sales to sales persons based on the data from the individual sales orders ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click th...

keeping messages in inbox
I've been using Outlook for about a month to pull in my emails from a different mail services I have - AOL and SBC/Yahoo. The problem I'm having is that while my messages are coming in from AOL correctly (or they seem to be), Outlook only retains them for a week or so then they disappear. It does not happen with the SBC mail (which is the first/default mail account). I've looked everywhere for something to adjust the length of time messages stay in the Inbox folder for the AOL messages, but no success. Anyone with ideas that might help would be greatly appreciated, be...

How do i keep the colors applied to the specific rows when sortin.
I have applied specific colors to specifc rows, but when i sort the colored rows follow the sorting format. ...

HELP! Outlook Keeps Receiving Same E-Mail Messages
Hello: I keep getting the same 6 e-mail messages. This is after calling Norton and Comcast re receiving the same 3 e-mail messages (538 of them since midnight Dec 3!). Of course, it was not their problem, so it must be Outlook. Any thoughts. It sounds like you have an email message with a large attachment that is bogging down your account. What happens with the email is once you have connected to your ISP and clicked on the send/receive button if the connection is lost it will start over again until it can pull all of your messages in 1 sweep. You will need to log on to your accou...

Cost Variance Report and Smartlist
We currently use the Enter/Match Invoice screen to enter payable invoices. I understand that when prices differ, a cost variance report is created/printed. Is there a way to create this report in Smartlist? We currently link the SOP / POP by using the purchase button. What is happening is, if the linked Purchase Order line is received at an incorrect price (found while keying the vendor invoice), when the link is used to drill back from the sales order to the purchase order the incorrect price shows. We would like to use Smartlist to see the original purchase order price and the ...

How do I rotate a grouped object in Excel?
I have grouped some objects in Excel that I need to rotate. I can't activate a rotate handle for the grouped objects. ...

Explanation of Money Performance Report
If i run a perfomance report there are 2 columns for judging performance - "%Rate of Return" & "Annual % Return". I am having a problem understanding the meaning of each column. If I run the report for exactly 1 year then both columns show the exact same numbers for indexes such as Dow Jones Indutrial Average or Nasdaq Composite which I have in my watch list. In the same report for exactly 1 year the 2 columns have very different numbers for my stocks and mutual funds. For example I have a mutual fund which shows 1.28 for % Rate of Return and 21.32 for Annu...

Outlook keeps deleting emails
subject says it all... about a week ago, i noticed that a week's worth of email had been deleted from my inbox, but all of the emails in the subfolders were all there. after resetting my views on the delete folder, i was able to see all of my missing emails and recover them all. then it happened again - several days worth of emails just go to the delete folder. it has happened several times now, and everytime the emails end up in the delete folder. some emails have been read, others were still unread. we are using exchange 2003 for our email server and my computer is ...

Error Message when viewing CRM 4.0 Reports
We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with HTTP Unauthorized 401 Any suggestions? This is a new install. "Chris Timms" <ChrisTimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4DDBE2-58EC-408F-82E8-3B7EF531D392@microsoft.com... > We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. > > http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with > HTTP Unauthorized 401 > > Any suggestions? Thi...

Anyway to keep bad messages
Hello, Once in a while messages fail on our Exchange 2007 transport servers and they never get delivered. I know an NDR should be sent to the sender. However, we are being asked for a way to figure out a way to keep them (as *.bad, *.eml or wahtever format) for a period of time. I am aware of the post Exchange 2003 SP1 changes made to the bad mail folder but I am wondering if there is a way, which I doubt, to accomlish this on Exchange 2007 transport servers. The error we get in the logs and the messages go to a balckhole somewhere: 554 5.6.0 STOREDRV.Deliver; Corrupt m...

Laying out a Report
I have a database with two tables called Fillers and issues linked. I want to make a report on issues under two different sections of the filler. Fillers Table Model = 6000 S/N 235 J/N 12 Date started Date complete Issues Table Fed/sep Date Part issue drawing issue bill of material issue assingned to plan of action Filler Date Part issue drawing issue bill of material issue assingned to plan of action Any suggestions would be appreciated What field is linking Fillers and issues? It looks like you want two records from issuses for every filler record. Is this correct? If so, h...