Report Writer Text Spacing Problems While Modifying a PO form

Due to Report Writer static text field size limitations, I am forced to try
to use two adjacent text fields to complete a sentence. I  am having an
inordinate amout of problems trying to get words to align in sentences with
the correct amount of character spacing between words that span the text
field boundaries. And, the process of toggling between Report Writer and
Dyamics to get the Purchase Order form to reprint is time consuming. What am
I missing (besides patience)?
--
Jay
0

Jay,

1) Setup a calculated field for your static text. Set the result type to
String, and use the Constant tab to enter your string. For the sake of this
example, lets assume your text is 240 characters long and the name of the
calculated field is myText.

2) Since you need to parse out the text into various lines, you will need to
establish the lenght of each line of characters. This is important because
you will need to setup calculated fields which will serve as placeholders for
the parsed text. For the sake of the instruction, lets assume you decide to
have 60 characters per line. You will then need to setup 4 calculated fields
(i.e., Line1txt, Line2txt, Line3txt, and Line4txt.) that will have a result
type of string.

Now, you will click on the Functions tab and select Core: System and choose
the RW_ParseString user-defined function to extract each line from your text
calculated field.

Line1txt might look something like:

FUNCTION_SCRIPT(RW_ParseString myText 60 1)

Line2txt might look like:

FUNCTION_SCRIPT(RW_ParseString myText 60 2)

And so on...

Hope this helps,

--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Jay" wrote:

> Due to Report Writer static text field size limitations, I am forced to try
> to use two adjacent text fields to complete a sentence. I  am having an
> inordinate amout of problems trying to get words to align in sentences with
> the correct amount of character spacing between words that span the text
> field boundaries. And, the process of toggling between Report Writer and
> Dyamics to get the Purchase Order form to reprint is time consuming. What am
> I missing (besides patience)?
> --
> Jay
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
4/28/2008 3:21:00 AM
You can also run two clients, one in the report writer and one in the
application waiting to print.  Then you don't need to keep swapping.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Due to Report Writer static text field size limitations, I am forced to
> try
> to use two adjacent text fields to complete a sentence. I  am having an
> inordinate amout of problems trying to get words to align in sentences
> with
> the correct amount of character spacing between words that span the text
> field boundaries. And, the process of toggling between Report Writer and
> Dyamics to get the Purchase Order form to reprint is time consuming. What
> am
> I missing (besides patience)?
> --
> Jay

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Problems with reports
Hi, we are having troubles with our MSCRM. We installed MSCRM on a demo-pc within our dmz. Everything works fine as long the user connects from the local company network. But if the user connects from external everything works except the reports. Even the list of reports isn't displayed within MSCRM. Has anyone a clue? Thank you very much for your help Chris are you using ssl on your external web as crystal will not work over ssl (so i have been told) "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1836101c41afb$9eb7dde0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Send data from one form to another
Hi All, I want to know if it,s possible to send data from 1 form to another totally unrelated form. The situation I have it one form is my MRP requirments. I want to open another form PURCHASE ORDER (PO). I was wanting to add a button to the MRP form that would send the data to the PO form. The MRP form may change to multiple items and then add these different items to the same PO. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could do this or if it can even be done. -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.as...

How do I fix a sudden problem with sending and receiving emails f.
I have been successfully using Outlook as my default email program with my SBCYahoo dsl for some months and then I was not. The only thing I can link it to, possible, is that for a short while I agreed to allow Microsoft to monitor my use of their programs. after about a week, some of the programs didn't work as well and some other problems occurred, so a uninstalled that program. what happen now is that the process times out after receiveing a few of the emails and says that "connection was interrupted"-which is impossible since I am 'always connected' via dsl...

Problem with Windows Live Signin
I am currently used Money Plus Home and Business, and have problem sign in my Data with MSN Windows Live ID. I was recently chagne my Windows Live Messenger Login ID. As I read Money suppose to detect the change. Now how do I fix this problem. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Luan Pham wrote: >I am currently used Money Plus Home and Business, and have problem >sign in my Data with MSN Windows Live ID. I was recently chagne my >Windows Live Messenger Login ID. As I read Money suppose to detect >the change. Now how do I fix this problem. Thanks See if this helps: http://s...

Refreshing a field, not an entire form
Hello - I have a form with several required fields. I want to be able to refresh the data in one dropdown field on GotFocus, based on the data in another dropdown field. DD Field 1 is called categories Cat_ID Category 1 Accommodation 2 Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing 3 Animals and Pets DD Field 2 is called Sub-Categories CatID Sub Category 1 Bed and Breakfast 1 Camping and Caravans 1 Hostels the row source for the Sub-Categories field is: SELECT SubCategories.[Sub Category], SubCategories.CatID FROM Categories INNER JOIN SubCategories ON Categories.Cat_ID = SubCategories.CatID WHE...

Can't open Entourage, Word database problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Entourage won't open because it doesn't recognize my identity, and I desperately need access to my older calendar events. And Word no longer has my projects listed; it says there is a database problem, but I used the DB utility to repair it with no improvements; I even tried reinstalling Office for the zillionth time and that did not help. In addition, my version is 12.0.0, and I cannot install ANY updates, and I've tried with all of them. don't know what to try next! On 10/3/09 8:09 AM, in artic...

Junk email problem...
We run a exchange 2003 environment and all of our users run Outlook 2003. We turn off the "junk email filter" in outlook but for some reason email is still going into our users junk email folders on their mailboxes. I am assuming somewhere in exchange this option is turned on and filtering this email. Any ideas on what I am missing? Thanks all Halve, I've been experiencing the same issue and have not found a solution for it as of yet. I've used group policies to disable the Junk Email filter in Outlook and have used the OWA Administration Tool to disable the Junk E...

Reporting library for MFC
Any suggestions for a good commerical reporting library for MFC Apps. I have been using Crystal Reports but it is a pain when deploying apps on CD to users to install and find that there are dll registration problems. Try active Reports - excellent. http://www.datadynamics.com/ - Tim "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uXhvDBruDHA.3536@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Any suggestions for a good commerical reporting library for MFC Apps. I > have been using Crystal Reports but it is a pain when deploying apps on CD > to users to install and find...

FRX Capabilities in reporting???????????
I am new with frx. Please bear with me as I have many questions to ask. How well FRX in reporting? Can it create any kind of report we want to make? How easy it is to make a report? Can FRX make monthly inventory journal? For example: On April 1, there are 4 kind of items. Item A, B, C, D. They have initial qty 1,2,3,4. On April 7, we receive item A with qty 3. On April 23, we receive item C with qty 2. On April 29, we sell item B with qty 1. On April 30, we return item D with qty 2. I want FRX to create report like this -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

PROBLEM SIZING A TEXT BOX IN A FORM
Access 2007/vista I have a form in which I cannot adjust the text boxes INDIVIDUALLY. I click on a text box and it becomes surrounded by an orange border, indicating it is selected. But when I size it smaller or larger, all the other text boxes in the form move in tandem. I have not encountered this before and am baffled. Ideas? -- William ...

Page SetUp Print Problems
A friend has a spreadsheet that is giving him some problems. We go to Page Break Preview and the sheet is 2 pages wide. My friend wanted to make 1 page wide so we dragged the blue line to the right to make it one page. Excel, instead of doing that, made it 20 or more pages. We went to the Page Setup and noticed that Excel had changed the scaling down to 10%. We wanted it to be 1 page wide by 6 pages long so we put that info in but Excel did not accept it. We thought maybe something was wrong with the sheet itself so we selected all the cells and cut/paste them into a new sheet - but it s...

record and print amounts in multiple boxes on 1099 forms
We have had several clients that have been very disappointed to learn that they can only do 1 amount box per 1099. For instance, they might need an amount for rents and one for non-employee compensation. I think it would need to be settable at time of transaction entry. One of our clients said they could do that in Quickbooks and was very surprised to learn that GP won't do it. -- BrianB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

Format problem #6
Somehow my formatting appears to be defaulting to time. Everytime I copy formulas or data from one cell to another the format changes to time. How do you stop this from happening? -- Gary If you land the cell pointer on a particular cell and cut-and-paste, then the format of the original cell will follow to the pasted cell. If you're encountering "phantom" formats then the cell may have been previously formatted. I tried to get a blank sprdsht to behave in the manner you describe, and couldn't. My error: this often happens to me when using cells formatted as dates or...

Report re contacts
I'm attempting to create a report of accounts that will include not only primary contacts but any associated contacts as well. When doing an advanced find the report only shows the primary contact. Is there a way that I can request all contacts associated with an account to appear in the report? I don't know if it is possible using that manner. Try using SQL Reporting Services report instead. You can make them using Visual Studio or the report designer (i.e. a stripped visual studio). Run the setup for Reporting Services from the CD 1 and include authoring and you should be able...

My Reports in GP 10.0
Hello: An end user of GP 10.0 has reported something intertesting to me on "My Reports" on the home page. If she switches companies (or when she first logs in at the beginning of the day) and clicks on "My Reports", she gets an "illegal address" error. The error is remedied by clicking "Customize this page", clicking the expansion button next to "My Reports", and checking all of the boxes next to her reports. Then, she does not get the error. But, it's kind of annoying for her to have to do this all of the time. Do you know wh...

Problem in showing dialog boxes from a regular dll
Hi, I had a MFC application to be used as icon window (hidden). Also I had a regular MFC DLL exporting functions that will show MFC dll. All these functions are calling the AFX_MANAGE_STATE macro and PreTRansalte message is implemented. If the functions are called from any exe they work as expected even calling from my tray icon app is alright. Now I have merged some the resources (dialogs and string) of tray icon into my dll. Still tray icon works fine. There is another console application that calls my resouce dll to display dialog boxes as well and it also works fine. Now if my ...

problem with laptop client
hi everybody, i've got a lot of troubles with laptop client for outlook (CRM 3.0) i've installed MS CRM 3.0 in a win 2003 server, with sql2005 and exchange 2003. my pc is logged to a different domain, not the one with CRM, but these 2 domains are in trust between them. CRM via web works right. but if i try to install laptop client (but also desktop client) on my pc, i get an error (no communication or similar) when i run outlook (2003 sp2) during installation i put "http://192.168.0.100" (ip address of CRM server) when asked. do I have to put another ip address? or even if ...

Auto Add Textboxes in Forms
In case of the Forms I use, it is Desirable to make them as compact as possible. Stripped of any unnecessary items. It seems usefull to make a form which ads a new textbox everytime something has been entered in the last one. My question: "What Code should I use to get my forms to add a new textbox everytime something has been entered in the last one?" Thanks in Advance! Don't do it. The maintenance makes it more effort than it is worth. Just set them all up in design, and maybe hide them until needed. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) ...

Report Index Does Not List All Names
I am trying to create an index for a retiree listing that we have (1600+) however when I open my report to polulate the results for the TableOfContents table- the only names listed are the ones for the top of each page. Here is the module that I used from Microsoft. Any input would be appreciated. Option Explicit Dim db As DAO.Database Dim TocTable As DAO.Recordset Dim intPageCounter As Integer Function InitToc() 'Called from the OnOpen property of the report. 'Opens the database and the table for the report. Dim qd As DAO.QueryDef Set db = CurrentDb() 'Re...

New Exchange reporting and Assessment Tool
All, Just checked out a new tool from Priasoft called the Assessor for Exchange - www.priasoft.com that will go out and find hidden problems in Exch and provide great info to help correct them. Also has some of the best Exch reporting I have seen in a long time. I always like to pass on cool tools when I run accros them. ...

SSL & Forms based auth messed up rich client version
Okay, I'm about ready to scrap OWA entirely. I had OWA up and running perfectly with no security, however external clients could not log into their mail boxes. They would get the login screen but their credentials were not being accepted even though I know they were typing them in correctly. So I decided to try SSL and Forms based Auth. Now when I try to login using IE6 sp1 to the premium client version about half the site loads, but stops, with a "loading" message where the viewing pane should be. I'm running exch 2003 on win2k3, for both the back end, and front end s...

Send mail problem #2
POsted this in outlook.general with no response so will try this group. APologies for the cross post but I am still unable to resolve this issue. W2K Pro will all patches and updates. Had Outlook running fine for a long time strictly for internet email at home. Worked on getting a VPN connection through our firewall at work. The VPN connection did work but I was unable to get my outlook to pull mail from our server once I reconfigured Outlook for Exchange. Uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled. Configured for my internet account only and now it will not send mail at all. The server properties...

Device problem
Hi, I've already spent several hours trying to figure this out, reading forums and suggestions, trying different things, and not succeeding at all. So, I decided to post my problem on here. I have a Samsung YP-S2 (Pebble). With the device, I had to install Samsung Media Studio. Everything was working great until a couple of weeks ago. I plugged in my device to add new songs, BUT Samsung Media Studio won't recognize it...so I can't do anything. Now, I noticed that My Computer lists the device as "unspecified" now. It used to list it as a portable devi...

PO/ Serials
hi, how can we connect between purchaseorder/purchaseorderentery table with serial table, that i need a report shows a serialized item by POs or TRX. thaks Sad - I think you will have to either create a custom report yourself or use a SQL query to get your results. There is a table called purchaseorderentrydetail that tracks serial data - join purchaseorderentrydetail to purchaseorderentry on purchaseorderentrydetail.purchaseorderentryid = purchaseorderentry.id, join purchaseorderentry to purchaseorder on purchaseorderentry.purchaseorderid = purchaseorder.id; track PO number on purcha...

XPath problem #3
Hi all, How come the following XPath expression doesn't return any nodes? descendant::*[node()=SignerInfo] Here's how it's called on the document root node: XmlNodeList list = m_xmlDoc.DocumentElement.SelectNodes(sXPathExpression); Here's the XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Deal BPApplication="WCC" xmlns="http://tempuri.org/TestWCDealSchema.xsd"><Applicants><SignerInfo ApplicantType=""><FirtName /><MiddleName /><LastName /><SSN /><Adress><Street /><C...