Report Writer should allow more than 80 chars in Static Field txt

Report Writer does not allow to have more than 80 characters in the static
fields text. Only option would be to align them and this results in spaces
between them..This issue should be looked upon

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=04a20b68-1c13-4d80-af00-464529d25d59&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

On the alignment issue, several off-the-shelf reports have line fields put
together to form one continuous line. You may want to take a look at them.

"Mathew" wrote:

> Report Writer does not allow to have more than 80 characters in the static
> fields text. Only option would be to align them and this results in spaces
> between them..This issue should be looked upon
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=04a20b68-1c13-4d80-af00-464529d25d59&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
CharlesAllen (483)
8/16/2005 3:51:01 AM
Thanks Allen for your reply. Do you know any which Off-the shelf report I
should be looking ?

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> On the alignment issue, several off-the-shelf reports have line fields put
> together to form one continuous line. You may want to take a look at them.
>
> "Mathew" wrote:
>
> > Report Writer does not allow to have more than 80 characters in the static
> > fields text. Only option would be to align them and this results in spaces
> > between them..This issue should be looked upon
> >

> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=04a20b68-1c13-4d80-af00-464529d25d59&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
I agree

This issue prevents many of the Report Writer functions I created for v7.0
onwards from returning strings longer than 80 characters.

It especially effects RW_ConvertToWordsAndNumbers() and prevents it from
working with large amounts.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Mathew" wrote:

> Report Writer does not allow to have more than 80 characters in the static
> fields text. Only option would be to align them and this results in spaces
> between them..This issue should be looked upon
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=04a20b68-1c13-4d80-af00-464529d25d59&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
8/24/2005 7:18:04 AM
Thanks for taking the time to note some Report Writer suggestions. Your input is valuable to us and influences the future direction of our products. Your suggestion has been reviewed by our Program Management Team. At this time, we are putting most of the reporting changes into support for SQL Reporting Services reports and refreshable Excel reporting. In future releases, we will consider your Report Writer suggestions.

<Mathew> wrote:

Report Writer does not allow to have more than 80 characters in the static
fields text. Only option would be to align them and this results in spaces
between them..This issue should be looked upon

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=04a20b68-1c13-4d80-af00-464529d25d59&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
cgust (108)