Report Writer (Modify Stock PO Form)

I need to add a comment to all PO's forms.  (ie. "All corespondents must 
reference the above PO number.")
Can someone walk me through the process from start to finish or show me 
where to find this info.
thanks,

GP9.0 SP3
-- 
Christian S
South Carolina
0
5/26/2008 9:04:00 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 6 followers. Follow

5 Replies
372 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 55

Christian,

If this is a comment that will be used very often, then you can create a 
comment ID in the Comment Setup window (Tools > Setup > Company > Comments) 
by entering the Comment ID, i.e., POREFRNCE. and setting the series to 
Purchasing.

When you create your PO, you can select this comment ID from the lookup.

If the comment is sporadic and PO specific, you can use the Expansion Button 
(->) next to the comment ID field in the PO Entry screen to capture these 
type of comments.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com


"Christian S" wrote:

> I need to add a comment to all PO's forms.  (ie. "All corespondents must 
> reference the above PO number.")
> Can someone walk me through the process from start to finish or show me 
> where to find this info.
> thanks,
> 
> GP9.0 SP3
> -- 
> Christian S
> South Carolina
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/26/2008 10:43:01 PM
Thanks for responding Mariano.  You helped me a few months ago.

Currently, I am looking to permantely modify all PO's by adding additional 
text that states my company's policy stating that we will not release payment 
for a invoice we receive unless that invoice references the PO number.  
I basically do not know how to do that (add a text box) in report writer 
successfully.  It seems that when I modify the form the changes do not take 
affect.
To make things even more interesting...
We had our partner make some modification to this form a while ago and some 
users can print the form with the modification and others cannot.
Thanks again,
-- 
Christian S
South Carolina


"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Christian,
> 
> If this is a comment that will be used very often, then you can create a 
> comment ID in the Comment Setup window (Tools > Setup > Company > Comments) 
> by entering the Comment ID, i.e., POREFRNCE. and setting the series to 
> Purchasing.
> 
> When you create your PO, you can select this comment ID from the lookup.
> 
> If the comment is sporadic and PO specific, you can use the Expansion Button 
> (->) next to the comment ID field in the PO Entry screen to capture these 
> type of comments.
> 
> Hope this helps,
> 
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> 
> 
> "Christian S" wrote:
> 
> > I need to add a comment to all PO's forms.  (ie. "All corespondents must 
> > reference the above PO number.")
> > Can someone walk me through the process from start to finish or show me 
> > where to find this info.
> > thanks,
> > 
> > GP9.0 SP3
> > -- 
> > Christian S
> > South Carolina
0
5/26/2008 11:30:00 PM
Christian,

The instructions I provided to you will allow you to print the comment on 
the PO form without having to make any changes or customizations to the 
report (beyond the aesthetic ones you want to add, such as logos, etc.). 

On another note, it sounds that the problem you are experiencing is because 
the customization has not been properly deployed or security is not properly 
granted to the users that are experiencing the issue. To minimize the effects 
of deploying customized reports, I suggest you centralize your REPORTS.DIC 
file on a network shared folder and change the path of each workstation (by 
editing the DYNAMICS.SET file) to point to the shared folder.

Hope this helps,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com


"Christian S" wrote:

> Thanks for responding Mariano.  You helped me a few months ago.
> 
> Currently, I am looking to permantely modify all PO's by adding additional 
> text that states my company's policy stating that we will not release payment 
> for a invoice we receive unless that invoice references the PO number.  
> I basically do not know how to do that (add a text box) in report writer 
> successfully.  It seems that when I modify the form the changes do not take 
> affect.
> To make things even more interesting...
> We had our partner make some modification to this form a while ago and some 
> users can print the form with the modification and others cannot.
> Thanks again,
> -- 
> Christian S
> South Carolina
> 
> 
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> 
> > Christian,
> > 
> > If this is a comment that will be used very often, then you can create a 
> > comment ID in the Comment Setup window (Tools > Setup > Company > Comments) 
> > by entering the Comment ID, i.e., POREFRNCE. and setting the series to 
> > Purchasing.
> > 
> > When you create your PO, you can select this comment ID from the lookup.
> > 
> > If the comment is sporadic and PO specific, you can use the Expansion Button 
> > (->) next to the comment ID field in the PO Entry screen to capture these 
> > type of comments.
> > 
> > Hope this helps,
> > 
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > 
> > 
> > "Christian S" wrote:
> > 
> > > I need to add a comment to all PO's forms.  (ie. "All corespondents must 
> > > reference the above PO number.")
> > > Can someone walk me through the process from start to finish or show me 
> > > where to find this info.
> > > thanks,
> > > 
> > > GP9.0 SP3
> > > -- 
> > > Christian S
> > > South Carolina
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/26/2008 11:45:00 PM
Gee, he said he wants the same thing on all PO forms!!

Why not just hardcode a text field on the report instead of having to
remember to add the comment ID every time a PO run is performed or
remember the need to add the comment via an expansion field???

It' not the sexy way but it's dead easy to do and to modify at a later
date if needed. Next thing you know, you'll have him running SQL
scripts and modifying the database for some reason.

-- 
Lyle U


Mariano Gomez wrote:

> Christian,
> 
> If this is a comment that will be used very often, then you can
> create a comment ID in the Comment Setup window (Tools > Setup >
> Company > Comments) by entering the Comment ID, i.e., POREFRNCE. and
> setting the series to Purchasing.
> 
> When you create your PO, you can select this comment ID from the
> lookup.
> 
> If the comment is sporadic and PO specific, you can use the Expansion
> Button (->) next to the comment ID field in the PO Entry screen to
> capture these type of comments.
> 
> Hope this helps,
> 
> Best regards,
0
lyleu (305)
5/27/2008 1:55:39 AM
Lyle,

I am not sure why the words, but when I choose to provide assistance to 
someone I do so with the existing functionality in mind. It is each person's 
choice to go the route they prefer after reading the options available from 
everyone who choses to contribute a response, and in this particular case, 
whether that's hardcoding the report, using the existing functionality, or 
why not, running a script.

If I ever suggested to someone to run a script, is because I have done so in 
the past and it happens to resolve my particular problem at the time, but by 
no means anyone is obligated to follow that route as it will depend on the 
organization's or the client's particular needs.

This is an open forum of opinions and we are all in it to seek assistance 
from those who have been there before, so I would appreciate you contribute 
your part without diminishing others' efforts.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com


"Lyle U" wrote:

> Gee, he said he wants the same thing on all PO forms!!
> 
> Why not just hardcode a text field on the report instead of having to
> remember to add the comment ID every time a PO run is performed or
> remember the need to add the comment via an expansion field???
> 
> It' not the sexy way but it's dead easy to do and to modify at a later
> date if needed. Next thing you know, you'll have him running SQL
> scripts and modifying the database for some reason.
> 
> -- 
> Lyle U
> 
> 
> Mariano Gomez wrote:
> 
> > Christian,
> > 
> > If this is a comment that will be used very often, then you can
> > create a comment ID in the Comment Setup window (Tools > Setup >
> > Company > Comments) by entering the Comment ID, i.e., POREFRNCE. and
> > setting the series to Purchasing.
> > 
> > When you create your PO, you can select this comment ID from the
> > lookup.
> > 
> > If the comment is sporadic and PO specific, you can use the Expansion
> > Button (->) next to the comment ID field in the PO Entry screen to
> > capture these type of comments.
> > 
> > Hope this helps,
> > 
> > Best regards,
> 
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/27/2008 3:59:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Report runs slowly if other users are logged in
I am experiencing an intermittent problem of reports that run slowly (approx 20 x slower than normal) if a number of users are also logged into GP. Logging the other users right out of GP clears the problem. Does anyone else experience similar problems, or have any suggestions? GP ver 6.00g52 / SQL 2000 SP3 / Win 2000 SP4 TIA, Frank Stern, Fujitsu Services ...

split tender in POS doesn't show up in tender report in HQ
POS can split same type credit card transaction in a sale and process it correctly. However, when running a tender report only one of the credit processing shows up. For example, customer uses three visa cards for sale of 6K total - 2K on each card. POS does allow this without using the layaway function and processed them after swiping all three cards correctly. However, when running a tender report in HQ in order to reconcile the day's closing only one of the 2K processed will show up. Is this a bug? Can this be fixed? Thank you in advance! Diana ...

Include a field from previous record on current form
Can anyone explain how I can include a field from the previous record in an unbound text box on a form or report of the current record? I have a form which includes fields for storing the current quantities of liquids in tanks. What I would like to do is show what the volumes were previously on the form as well. I want to be able to view this for any record not just when adding a new record. Thanks One way would be to assign the value to a global variable. The global variable should be declared in a standard module, not in the coe module behind a form. This would keep the level(s) ava...

Custom Tailoring An Access Report to fit an Existing Form Fed Printer Receipt Fo
I work for a State Correctional Facility as the Mailroom Supervisor and Computer Help Desk Representative. While Inmate receipts are still being written by hand there is a Stand-Alone- Computer Receipt System, consisting of a Stand-Alone-Computer, Okaidata 321 Impact Printer, 3 color part copy form fed preprinted/number receipt form, and Lotus Approach Software, that generates Inmate receipts. The flaw with the Stand-Alone-Computer is that when it is used each following day the following days receipt information is lost instead of being captured in a database. I am in the proces...

formula for a nested subform into other form
Hello!!!,,,I need an urgent help in a formula. I have the tables: [Ship] [Invoice] [Payments] IdShip (keyfield) ----------------> IdShip IdInvoice DateShipped IdInvoice (keyfield) ---------> AmountPaid Port AmountInvoiced DatePaid Customer DateInv I have a form A, which contains a key field &quo...

Send form windows to the back of -global- Z-order
I know there is a function to send child form windows to the back of an app's 'local' Z-order. And there's an easy way to send them to the -front- of the global Z-order. But is there any way to send them to the back of the global Z-order? In other words, place the form windows behind all other currently active windows? Bob wrote: > I know there is a function to send child form windows to the back of > an app's 'local' Z-order. And there's an easy way to send them to the > -front- of the global Z-order. > > But is there any way to se...

filling unbound form
I have a main form with a subform on it. the subform is continuous. At the end of each row is a small button that opens a popup form. What I need to do is take info and fill the popup with info relating to the subform row. I am unsure of how to do it. Here is the popup form load that I have sofar; Private Sub Form_Load() Dim sql As String Dim rst As Recordset sql = "SELECT InventoryLots.ID, InventoryLotsQ.ID AS LotsQID, InventoryLotsQ.LotNumber, InventoryLotsQ.PartNumber, InventoryLotsQ.Revision, InventoryLotsQ.Location, InventoryLotsQ.POChargeAccount, Inventor...

Intrastat reports
I have a customer who runs the standard intrastat reports. A problem has arisen in that some invoices are showing on the report and some are not. The invoices not showing have a tax date outwith that month but were posted in the month so that may be why they are not showing on the report. Surely the report should show all invoices posted in that month that are EU transactions. If it only shows invoices that have a tax date in that month then what happens when you get a late purchase invoice with a tax date for last month but posted in the current month, this will not be shown on th...

Ability to skip/not skip lines on the Blank Invoice Form
Would like the ability to skip or not skip lines on the Blank Invoice Form, similar to how GPA let you enter a blank line between items. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

Use VBA to design Excel report
Hello - I've got an Access application that uses VBA to programmatically create a series of Excel reports. I'm having a little trouble formatting the cells correctly. The way you would code it in Excel isn't always working in Access. Does anyone know where I can find a good reference on the proper format? I've figured out basic font changes, but I'm having trouble with number formats and borders. Thanks! Sorry, I should also include sorting. Can't seem to get the wording correct for that either. Thanks again! "Michael" wrote: >...

Final Mfg Costs Report
I'm trying to build a report that will show, for each MO, what the final qty & unit cost of all components and outsourcing processes used were. I just want to confirm that the best table to use for this is MOP1004. Is that accurate? It appears that table captures all bucklushed and issued costs, but I just was hoping for some validation form the peanut gallery. Thanks. And a quick followup question. The costs seem to be duplicated in about columns out of about 72 listed for cost (for example I see cost in VARCOSTSCLLCTD_3&12, but not any of the other VARCOSTSCLLCTD and t...

Discrepancy between Report and Favorite Category total
Hi, I am using the free trial version of Money Delux 2005. I have Groceries as one of my Favorite categories. PROBLEM: On the Home page I see $804 as a total for the "Current Month". However, when I run a Spending by Category Report for the Current Month the total for Groceries is $691.51. The difference is that the Report does not include one $112.59 transaction categorized as Groceries. The missing transaction was categorized from My Money on the web not from the application on my PC. The transaction shows up fine in the appropriate account but is not picked up by the repo...

Money not updating stock prices
I use MS Money 2004 Deluxe and update my stock prices on-line everyday without a problem. Today, it won't update. Anyone else having the same problem? How can we tell if the problem is with Microsoft's server? Thanks to all. Using M2005 and having same problem. In fact NOTHING will download, including bank statements. "Chuck Leven" <CHLeven@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u5vQ3t5GFHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I use MS Money 2004 Deluxe and update my stock prices on-line everyday >without a problem. Today, it won't update. Anyone else h...

charting two stocks as candlesticks in same graph
Hi, I want to graph in one same candlestick chart two stocks over the same period. how do i do that? can i do it for two dif time periods as well? i.e. in same graph i want feb-jun of year 1 and feb-jun of year 3 of the same stock/index . One set of OHLC can go on the primary axis and the other on the secondary axis. This is a bit tricky to produce. Make a candlestick with the first set of OHLC. Copy the range with the second set, including the dates, select the chart, and use Edit menu > Paste Special to add the data as new series with the appropriate options. This messes up the can...

save record on continuous form
Can you force a save record at a certain control, to force a requery to a linkfield at that point? Anne wrote: >Can you force a save record at a certain control, to force a requery to a >linkfield at that point? I don't understand what you mean by "force a requery to a linkfield", but you can force a record to be saved (as long as it passes its intefrity checks) at any tine by using a line of code: If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] ...

Strange behaviour - Access Reports
Scenario: Removed a field from a database, and attempted to remove it from several reports as it was now not used. Removed the field from the query running the report, but forgot that there had been grouping levels on that field within the report design. Saved the report. Found that I could not run/design the report once I had done this - running on the report from the database window, the mouse icon would flicker and not do anything. Ran the report from code and would get an error "open report action was cancelled". Had to delete report, import from a backup, remove the fileds from...

Form Fields Navigation
Hi all, I have a query about navigating within protected Form Fields within Word 2003. By standard (I think), when a form is protected with text form fields within it, using the up and down cursor keys jumps between form fields instead of between lines of text within the formfield. I have tried creating a simple macros: Selection.MoveUp unit:=wdLine, Count:=1, Extend:=wdMove and Selection.MoveDown unit:=wdLine, Count:=1, Extend:=wdMove and bound them to the up and down cursor keys but this seems to be ignored when the form is proteced. If anybody has any suggestio...

monthly quantity report
I got a monthly table TABLEJAN id quantity type 1 1 c 2 1 c 3 2 d 4 2 d TABLEFEB id quantity type 1 2 e 2 2 e 3 3 d 4 3 d how can i make a query to become like this month SUM(e) SUM(d) SUM(c) JAN 0 4 2 FEB 4 6 0 thx I'm not sure why you have separate tables by month. However, you can combine them with a union query like: SEL...

Report Deployment
I've built a SQL Reporting Service report in SQL 2005, can this be deployed to a CRM Install running SQL 2000? I'm not 100% sure, but I guess not. Could you try and inform about the result? -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://www.ronaldlemmen.com/ "MD" wrote: > I've built a SQL Reporting Service report in SQL 2005, can this be deployed > to a CRM Install running SQL 2000? Ronald, I was successful in deploying it into my company's production server even though we don't have VS 2003! Thanks to the guidance of the SRS Report Manag...

Send report to Excel
I have created a macro in my Access application that uses the RunCommand action with the SendToExcel command. When I run my report in print preview mode this option (Send To Excel...) is grayed out or disabled. I am using the runtime version of 2003 and my version of Excel is also 2003. Is this a missing reference issue? An add-in that was not installed? Any help is appreciated. On Dec 27, 9:24=A0pm, anjee <anjee...@cogeco.ca> wrote: > I have created a macro in my Access application that uses the > RunCommand action with the SendToExcel command. =A0When I run my report > i...

How to create a report from CRM which shows all contact details
I am a new user to CRM and am trying to create a report from CRM which will show all of our account names, along with the contact name, address and email address. (in Excel format) I would like to be able to run different reports like this i.e. to give me a report of all contacts in the same postcode area. I am using Version 3.0 of CRM. Silvia, Although you can use any RDL (Report Definition Language)-compliant authoring tool, most CRM customers will use Visual Studio .NET with the Reporting Services Report Desgign add-in to author reports. You'd need to have this software on y...

Add Item button on Transfer out / in and PO
Hi All On V2.0.0105 I cannot get the above screen to display. I click on the button but nothing happens - is this a know problem and is there a hotfix? Many thanks Martin Is no one else having this problem? Happens on different PCs so I have no explanation! Please help! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_04B7_01C77B74.1597A130 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Martin, Its been discussed here a couple of times, either update to 2.0.0107 or = turn off the Always display Find button. --=...

crystal report logon error - please check you have enough licenses
We are evaluating MS CRM and have installed CRM1.2 on Win 2K3 with AD, SQL Server, Exchange, IIS running on the same box. Everything seems fine except that when I try to access the CRM reports, I get an error "crystal report logon error.please check you have enough licenses". I've researched a good number of posting on the net before writing this but it seems that nothing is able to get reports to work. I would appreciate any suggestions or refferences. - Igor ...

Suppressing Verification Form for Credit Card Payments
Is there a way to suppress the display of the verification form if the user selects the Credit Card payment option on the tender form? Thanks.--Omar Omar, If you are not using the RMS program to process credit cards, change the Credit Card Tender type properties to other -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management Syste...

Publishing forms to Organizational Forms
When publishing a form to organizational forms I get the following error message. There are no articles in the KB. "an error occurred while going to this folder" Exchange 2000 Outlook 2002 All permissions have been checked and are okay. If there are any REAL ideas about what is going on in Exchange, please post a reply. Thanks to all! ...