Report Writer Drawing options

Hi Y'all

Im trying to change the font in Report Writer but when i go to Drawing
Options its Grayed out. what do i need to do?
0
Brenda1 (81)

Brenda,

Most likely the report is set up as a text report. If that is the case,
changing it to graphical will allow you to control the font.

--
Lyle U

Brenda wrote:

> Hi Y'all
>
> Im trying to change the font in Report Writer but when i go to
> Drawing Options its Grayed out. what do i need to do?
0
lyleu (305)
9/23/2008 9:05:34 PM
From the report definition window unmark the Text Report checkbox. That will
turn it into a graphical report. Beware however, unmarking the text report
will change the layout, so have a backup of the report.
--
Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP

"Brenda" wrote:

> Hi Y'all
>
> Im trying to change the font in Report Writer but when i go to Drawing
> Options its Grayed out. what do i need to do?

problem converting report from Access 2003 to 2007
I have just converted a database from Access 2003 to Access 2007, and for some reason the formatting of some of the reports has gone haywire. The height for some of the sections has increased to 22", and I cannot change it. I have set "can shrink" to yes, I have tried setting "auto height" to no and to yes (it made no difference), I have used the "remove extra report space" option, and there are definitely no controls in the expanded space. However, I cannot drag the section margin up, and I cannot over-write the height setting in the propert...

Logo on the report
Could you help me finding some thread or source from where to copy some samples to build a logo on the report ? I want to build a simple logo without a picture bot somewhat having a better look -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Put an image control on your report. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "samotek via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > Could you help me finding some thread or source from where to copy some > samples to build a logo on the report ? I want to build a simple logo > without a picture bot somewhat having a better look > > --...

Reprint Aging report
Hi, Due to a spooling missfunction, the monthly 'Aging Report' didn't came out and we want to reprint it. Where can I find this option (if there is any ) ? Thanks in advance You can run the historical aged balance and use what ever date you want. Rick "Beat BUCHER" <Beat BUCHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:491CCB47-4700-4109-810A-175B9E234DA0@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Due to a spooling missfunction, the monthly 'Aging Report' didn't came out > and we want to reprint it. Where can I find this option (if there is any ) >...

exporting reports to Excel
Is there any way to export our Great Plains reports to excel? TIA TRD Yes, there is a way. It's not pretty. It's not easy. It's a real pain. Print the reports to a delimited file and open up the file in Excel. You'll need to do maintenance on the report. Your best bet is to use SmartList/SmartList Builder, Crystal, SQL Reporting Services, or some other report writer than export to Excel. Or you can wait until v10. Version 10 will offer 75 SRS reports and 100 Excel-based reports, according to documentation I've seen. -- Charles Allen, MVP "TRD" wr...

Field promotion in a Report.
Hi NG. I have a Table - Quiery an a Report. The Reports contain fields: First_Lastname Adr1 Adr2 ZipCity If this was mailmerge in Word and Adr2 field was empty I would have this information in the letter: First_Lastname Adr1 ZipCity Is it possible to do so in the Report? -- Best Regards from Joergen Bondesen On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 23:13:10 +0100, Joergen Bondesen wrote: > Hi NG. > > I have a Table - Quiery an a Report. > The Reports contain fields: > > First_Lastname > Adr1 > Adr2 > ZipCity > > If this was mailmerge in Word and Adr2 field was e...

Search My Report Help
I made a report from a table that is a list of files with their hyperlink, a description column, etc. I want to make a report that has a search button at the top, and can be searched by All columns or the few columns I have. I have tried to search for answers and am new to Access. Can someone give me a good resource, give me some code help, or tell me if this is possible? You can't put command buttons on a report. Therefore you need to "search" for the data in the query that you use for the record source for the report. You can search on a form. In fact there...

Draw a themed combo box.
hi I am trying to make a combo box like control completely on my own by directly derving from CWnd. I have a control derived from CWnd. The OnPaint handler's code is given at the end of the post. What i am doing is that in the OnPaint I am drawing a edit control and then drawing a scroll button on the right hand side. In enabled state the control looks just fine but in disabled state, it does not look like the MFC themed combo box. Can someone help me get the disabled look? code snippet: CPaintDC dc(this); CRect totalRect; GetClientRect(totalRect); // dropdown button ...

Report Question Please
How do I print a copy of the check register in date order just as it appears in the checkbook? I do not want the deposits to be seperated from the checks. Thanks in advance... Bob Use an Account Transactions report instead. You can customize it to print the date range, account, categories, etc. just the way you want. "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:CNY7b.137258$3o3.9776932@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > How do I print a copy of the check register in date order just as it appears > in the checkbook? I do not want the deposi...

Problem saving embedded .gif or .jpg (.bmp only option)
(Sorry for crosspost - also posted in "microsoft.public.outlook.general") I've seen this question posted a half dozen times, and I've yet to see a solution. Problem: When an animated .gif (ditto for .jpg) is embedded in the body of a message (Outlook 2002 (Windows XP (home) with Office XP 2002) - I'm NOT using Outlook Express), the ONLY option I have for saving the embedded .gif (or .jpg) is in .bmp format - no other option is available. (See attached screen print for clarification.) I have deleted all Temp Internet Folders & files; I have cleared Internet History...

'Define Views...' option not available in Advanced Find screen in Outlook 2000
The 'Define Views...' option in the View menu not available in Advanced Find screen in Outlook 2000. We are looking for a way to set a default view in the advanced find screen or a way to edit the messages view to make it include the To field. We have users that want to see the TO field without having to click View and then the 'Send To' view. I have tried customizing the view but each time I exit it resets the view. I have also modified my 'Messages' view but it was done at the main screen and doesn't seem to phase the one in the advanced find. I also tri...

Crystal report session timeout
Hello, we have a problem with the crystal enterprise server included with MS CRM. When we open a report, the first report is ok, but drilling into the report will cause the error message "report session timeout". I already changed the command parameter maxDBResultRecords to 0 and created a web.config file under inetpub\wwwroot\report where I set the execution timeout to 600. I also tried to increase the max thread number and max idle timeout. Nothing helped. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks Patrik Mueller Hello John, it is not a resultset problem, as the report should ret...

Reports Execution Error
Hi I am having trouble on reports like i.e unable to open reports with a user login.-- EXECUTE DENIED FOR OBJECT(rsexecutioncommand) It works with a administrator login.. Pls suggest!! This looks like a SQL permission problem. If a CRM user runs a report using their AD credentials then they will have Select permission on all filtered views, but don't have permission on any other objects. Is this a built-in report, or a custom report ? There shouldn't be any permission problems on built-in reports -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk ...

To be able to copy the format of the report to another report
Modify two different invoice forms and also two different forms for HISTORICAL invoice printing. A number of modifications have been done and it would be very much helpful if there's a way to copy the format of one to report to another. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

SQL ID last login report
Is it possible to run a script in SQL 2000 and 2005 to generate a report with the SQL IDs and the last time they were accessed? We need this information for an audit so we can determine which accounts can be disabled. Jason What is SQL ID? Logins? Run sys.server_principals DMV to see disabled logins "Jason Carter" <JasonCarter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E69D86B-9DC6-43C7-80FB-33C86A42C9F2@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to run a script in SQL 2000 and 2005 to generate a report > with > the SQL IDs and the last time they we...

Option to shadow shapes & text boxes in Publisher 2003
MS Office help offers the following instructions referencing a SHADOW STYLE OPTION; THIS OPTION DOES NOT APPEAR ON MY DROP DOWN LIST OF OPTIONS!!! Select the picture, AutoShape, WordArt or text box that you want to change. On the Formatting toolbar, click Shadow Style , and do one of the following: Add or remove a shadow To add a shadow, click the shadow style you want. To remove a shadow, click No Shadow. Change the direction of the shadow To change the direction of a shadow, click a shadow that goes the direction you want. Change the distance of the shadow from...

RM
Does anyone know why the option to run report by Document date is greyed out? I want to run the report by doc date but it is set to GL posting date. Thanks, S Sherry, the screen with the options is the same for all the reports, however, not all the reports have all the options available. Unless there is a really good reason not to, I always recommend using the Historical Aged Trial Balance report for everything you need. Then you have access to all the options. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blo...

Linking a sub report to a main report
I created a report and a sub report in design view in Access 2007. How do I link the two reports? I actually got the two reports to link now. However when the I print preview the report the area where the sub report is being added to the main report has a border around it. Is there anyway to remove the border? "Rodney Doucett" wrote: > I created a report and a sub report in design view in Access 2007. How do I > link the two reports? ...

Non-Delivery Report #2
Hi, I have Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 server. On the "Default SMTP Virtual Server Properties" and "Messages" tab, I have my account (this is a distribution list) that I want Non-Delivery Reports to be sent. I put in distributionlistname@abcd.com but the NDRs do not go there. The user receives the NDR but not the designated admin account. Is there something else that needs to be done for NDRs to also to the admin account? thanks. On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:55:02 -0800, wli2k2 <wli2k2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have Exchange 2000...

Outlook Web Access still shows old Time Zone information in Option
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 and have updated our front end servers with the CDO patch for DST, however when you go into Outlook Web Access and click on Options, and scroll to the Current Time Zone entry, it still shows : (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana I have verified this to be the case on 3 different servers running OWA - none of the newly defined timezones are listed in this drop-down list. How do we get this list to refresh so that the new Pacific Time Zone is listed? I have the same situation, here are the specifics: Windows server standard 2003 SP1 KB931836...

Access report question 03-11-08
I have a problem which I hope someone will help me with. I have a query which has the following data; code amount 60 $25.00 60 $30.00 90 $40.00 45 $50.00 90 $45.00 I am trying to create a report which will give me only the totals for code 60 & 45 in one line and list out the total of code 90 in another line. Any help is truely appreciated. Thanks! Please could you type the results you hope to see. Your description is unclear. Evi "SandySun" <SandySun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BD38D97-0B15-4F0E-823...

Limit report to only amounts greater than an absolute value
In the footer section of the report, I have the following calculation =Sum(nz([dateb])-nz([datea])) I would like for the report to only show those values > |100,000| (based on the above calculation) How can I do that? Base your report on a query and set the condition you want in the criteria of an appropriate field. PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com "Jim McC" <JimMcC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F21DABE2-B33D-4B59-B7EB-23E61E28F3D6@microsoft.com... > In the ...

Profit & Margin Report against Item Database
Within the POS Reports tab it is possible to run a report on items sold where this report shows profit and profit margin for all items sold within a certain time frame. When this report is run, you are looking at past transactions. I'm looking for a report which looks at the profit and profit margins for future transactions by running against the existing pricing within the item database. In this way, if you have a profitability issue with an item, it can be corrected before the item is sold. I have Crystal Reports 9 but I can't make any headway. Is there any way to do this ...

drawing text vertically
Is it possible to draw a text vertically ? Maybe with functions DrawText() ? Thanks Hi, in CreateFont you have a parameter nOrientation in 0.1-degrees units. Bye, Holger. "Holger Gothan" <holger@friedrich-datentechnik.de> a �crit dans le message de news:bi1urj$4bs72$1@ID-193842.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi, > > in CreateFont you have a parameter nOrientation in 0.1-degrees units. > > Bye, Holger. > > I have already tried it, but nothing was done ... Here is the code CFont *pKeywordFont = new CFont(); pKeywordFont->CreateFont( 13, ...

Dont have secondary axis option listed in Series Option
I am trying to creat a seconday axis. In Excel 2007 from the Series Options tab on the Format Data Series prompt, I only have the following options: Gap depth and Gap width instead of primary and secondary axis. What am I doing wrong or how do I get these options Please look at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ Item number 26. What follows is said in reference to the above file (called secondary_axis). Take the following action in EXCEL 2007:- - click somewhere in one of the blue columns (on chart itself) - this will place blue circles around those columns - ...

Using Excel data to create mail merge/report
I have an excel data file which has 4 columns - employee number, employee name, orgcode, and # per org I have entries for 1 to 14 employees in each orgcode, and the first entry has the total for that org in column D "# per org code", but the rest of the entries in that org code don't have an entry in the 4th column If it were a simple merge I would know what to do, but what I need ideally is to be able to merge into a letter the information for each org code - or at least to print out a page which lists an org code and the names in that orgcode Is this possible to do this? I&#...