Report Writer #7

I would like to see more reports available such as overtime reports, new hire
reports, federal tax deposit reports which shows the amount of fica and fed
withheld per check date.  There is a long list of reports that would be
beneficial to have.
--
DL

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=03f352b5-d96a-443b-9ae7-5a21420f045e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
dl (42)

Get some training or pay someone to have these reports done for you.

"DL" wrote:

> I would like to see more reports available such as overtime reports, new hire
> reports, federal tax deposit reports which shows the amount of fica and fed
> withheld per check date.  There is a long list of reports that would be
> beneficial to have.
> --
> DL
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=03f352b5-d96a-443b-9ae7-5a21420f045e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
Actually, I have learned how to create reports in report writer and I have
created a few of these but these are some pretty basic reports that every
company needs and it seems realistic to me that it should come equipped with
the software.
--
DL

"Zille Hassan ( Support Consultant)." wrote:

> Get some training or pay someone to have these reports done for you.
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
> > I would like to see more reports available such as overtime reports, new hire
> > reports, federal tax deposit reports which shows the amount of fica and fed
> > withheld per check date.  There is a long list of reports that would be
> > beneficial to have.
> > --
> > DL
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=03f352b5-d96a-443b-9ae7-5a21420f045e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
dl (42)
4/21/2006 3:22:02 PM
I don't think you're going to see them in GP. Greenshades has new hire
reporting. The data is in GP, of course, so a report could be created. If you
are using HR, I believe it has a new hire report. I can't get into GP right
now; otherwise, I'd tell you for sure.

Because GP does not track tax deposits, you're not going to be able to get a
report for them. It would be great if tax deposits were tracked.

The Check History report can be run over a date range and will provide the
Federal and FICA withholding amounts withheld per check and in total.

--
Charles Allen, MVP

"DL" wrote:

> Actually, I have learned how to create reports in report writer and I have
> created a few of these but these are some pretty basic reports that every
> company needs and it seems realistic to me that it should come equipped with
> the software.
> --
> DL
>

> "Zille Hassan ( Support Consultant)." wrote:
>
> > Get some training or pay someone to have these reports done for you.
> >
> > "DL" wrote:
> >
> > > I would like to see more reports available such as overtime reports, new hire
> > > reports, federal tax deposit reports which shows the amount of fica and fed
> > > withheld per check date.  There is a long list of reports that would be
> > > beneficial to have.
> > > --
> > > DL
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=03f352b5-d96a-443b-9ae7-5a21420f045e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
callen (2505)

Formula In Crystal Reports
Hi All, I'm just starting to learn Crystal right now but it's all very new to me so I was just curious if anyone knows if you can do formulas in it. I'd like to take a custom CRM field called setup cost on a product and add all the values of this field up in a quote. Ie if there are 3 products all with seperate setup costs I want to add those together. Or will this have to be done a different way? Thanks all Tom Hi, Crystal supports both VB and Crystal Reports formulas. the help files are quite good regarding formulas, and the 9.2.2 CR with enhanced edition has an excel...

Turn Off SOP Transfer Log Report
Is there any way to not have the SOP Transfer Log show up? We usually just hit the Cancel button on the Report Destination window but it gets annoying when you transfer 100-150 orders a day. I know you can go into the posting setup to cancel posting reports but I can't find anyway to stop the Transfer Log. -- Scott Scott, No, there isn't a method built in to do this. You'd need a customization using Dexterity or I think you could use VBA to do this as well. patrick mbs developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

Report width will not shrink
I have a report that was originally designed as legal size, but by eliminating a few columns is now landscape letter size. However I am unable to shrink the width from 12" to 9" - there seems to be something invisible to me in one of the headers, footers or detail sections. I have tried everything to try to select whatever it is that is 12" wide but am unable to find it. I have tried CTRL A for select all, tried highlighting from the top or the side, etc but nothing shows up. It has to be a line or something, but when I preview the report the second page is blank. I ...

Inserting rows slow on large report
I have a large report I maintain with 3 data tabs and 2 report tabs, 1 for top 10 customers, about 400 rows, and another for all other customers, about 4000 rows. Every month I have to update it for any new customer/product combinations. I have optimized the formulas to the best of my abilities and gotten a full recalc time down from 3 min to 30 sec, which is acceptable. My biggest problem now is that every time I need to add a row (or delete one for that matter) it takes about 15 seconds (on the 4k row report, adding to the top 10 customers report takes 3-5 seconds), per row....

sending to group gets "sending reported error 0x80040610"
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported error (0x80040610) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040610' This person sent an email to a distribution group we have set up. It seems that everyone got it but the error came to her like that. Any ideas? Bryce. Does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885917 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:46119f2c$0$503$815e3792@news.qwest.net... > Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported e...

Parmeters in Reports
Hello, I have a report generated from a query. The field names are add1, add2 and add3, productname. The data in the fields: add1-add3 are the same. I would like to be prompted when I open the report for the data in fields add1, add2 and add3. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Open the query in design view. Add this as criteria for add1 --- [Enter add1 info] If you want the query to return records that have all if the criteria you enter then put criteria for the rest on the same criteria row. Otherwi...

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

New Entity visit Report and Integration of Participants (MS CRM 3.
Hello Newsgroup, We have created a new Entity called visit reports. We have to add Participants in this new entity. It would nice, if we could have a field like the Participants in the appointment, where you can select the Participants from Contacts, Accounts, and Users. I'll hope , some of you have a idear. Regards Thomas You have to create a new relationship for your custom entity to the types of participants you want to be available. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Thomas Haller" wrote: > Hello Newsgroup, > > We have created a new Entity...

Crystal Report 9.2.2!!!
Hello All, I have install crystal report 9 then I download crystal 9.2.2 and start the setup. first it uninstall crystal report 9 and then it starts installing 9.2.2 and ask the CD KEY I enter Crystal Report 9.0 CD key but it does not accept that KEY. How can I update Crystal 9.0 to Crystal 9.2.2??? Thanks in Advance, Naveed. recheck the key...you only need to install 9.2.2 then enter the 9.0 key -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Naveed" <nrehman@marsonssoft.com> wrote in message news:e%23...

Report Columns
I am trying to add columns to my report but am having some difficulty. The report is basically a form letter. It is grouped on the employee’s unique ID. In that group header is the letter, Dear so and so etc. It is the details portion that I am trying to get into two columns. Is there something I am missing on how to do this. I would rather no put a sub report in to accomplish this. Thank you Jason, Well, the subform would be an easy way to go about that. However, I would think you could use the ID group header to display the first part of the letter, the detail section to disp...

weird sum on report
Hi everyone I'm building a report based on several crosstab qry and it seem ok with values. That report has group values. I want, at some point, a line with totals as well as a line with the difference between 2 lines, like expenses to sales. Quite simple, i guess. Result : not only it doesn't subtract in some grouping/levels, as well it doesn't sum the other 4 lines i need. Is this weird or not? (lol) Tks in advance for all your help. Pedro Pedro, I don't see anything wrong from where I sit. Of course, I can't see your crosstabs, data, grouping levels, expressions, ...

HTML report in vb.net
How do I create an html report in vb.net instead of Crystal or ReportViewer? Hello, > How do I create an html report in vb.net instead of Crystal or > ReportViewer? Pretty vague. If the problem is to create html markup you could try the HtmlTextWriter class (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.htmltextwriter(VS.80).aspx to see if it's easier for you. Also most Reporting Packages (including RS, note sure about Crystal but very likely) are able to render a report as HTML markup so you could perhaps still use them. Not sure what is your scena...

Recover missing Z-Report
One of my clerks received an error message during running a Z-Report....she did not note the error so I have no idea what it is...the report did not print yet manager says there is a Z-Report but it is blank...all the transactions are in manager and it says there is a Z-Report but it is totally blank....any way to regenerate this Z-report or make it so it's not blank? ...

Creating a report that tracks stock's life cycle (buy, transfer, s
Greetings and Salutations I purchase ABC stock, and it is held by my broker "Those Brothers". I purchase more ABC stock at different times. These transactions are recorded in Money. I move my investments from "Those Brothers" to the "Quiet Company" and I purchase more ABC stock at various times. The Transfer Out and the additional Buys are all recorded in Money. I decide to sell a lot of ABC stock (spanning multple purchases and multiple investment firms) and use the FIFO method. Somehow Money knows which shares it is selling, I would like to get a report...

Report output appears to be in Chinese
I have a query based on multiple tables/queries and when i set one of the relationships to many-to-one, the report output appears to be chinese characters. If I change the relationship, the output appears normal, but I don't get all the records I'm looking for. Any suggestions? Yes. Make a backup of your database right now and put it away in a safe place. While you are at it, look for your most recent backup. You may need it. You may have a corrupt database. Tony Toews has an excellent web page on database corruption. Http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm ...

Reporting table fields vertically
I've come across a client with a non-normalized table with sales of items for eight different regions. So, the fields in the table are: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty .... .... Region8SalesQty Typically the client is printing these sales in columns, with a report that has the eight regions spaced horizontally across the page. Something like this: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty ... Region8SalesQty However, they now need a report with the sales reported vertically, like this: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty ...

Commissions report?
Is there a way in Money 2002 Standard to get a total for commissions paid over a certain period of time? I know I can get a monthly report that includes commissions, but would like to specify a period of time (e.g. prior 12 months) and receive a total. Thanks. Mike B In microsoft.public.money, Mike B wrote: >Is there a way in Money 2002 Standard to get a total for commissions paid >over a certain period of time? I know I can get a monthly report that >includes commissions, but would like to specify a period of time (e.g. prior >12 months) and receive a total. I assume you ...

Incomplete NDR report
Hi All, I have completed upgrading to Exchange 2003 Enterprise from Exchange 2000 Standard for about 2 months now. Everything is woking fine. The server is still running WIN2K. I have just noticed all NON-DELIVERY reports are the same in format. If an e-mail account does not exist in active directory the returned e-mail is the same basic e-mail as if an inbound e-mail that is over sized. See below. The server code part is correct (5.1.1 or 5.1.2) This only happens if a Non-Delivery report is delivered to the Internet. A non-delivery report internally gives the full description why the ...

Printing #7
After I removed the pagebreak, my worksheet prints out very small. Also, without actually signifying the number of pages to print, it trys to print 1000s of pages ... that just started. First select and set a print range/area. Next under Page settings disable "Fit to" and use "adjust to" 100% Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 13:12:54 -0700, allstarmanage <allstarmanage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After I removed the pagebreak, my worksheet prints out very small. Also, >without actually signifying the number of pages to print, it try...

How do I get email in Outlook Express on an XP machine into Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 Machine?
The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So How do I accomplish this? On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:03:05 -0800, MikeH <mikeh@somewhere.net> wrote: > The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another > machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I > don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So > How do I accomplish this? F...

Print Item Number Ole object on Sales Order Processing reports
Would like the ability to print an Item Number Ole object on my SOP reports. For example, go to Transactions, Sales, Sales Transaction Entry. In the Sales Transaction Entry window, enter an Order for an Item. Click the Item Number Note button. Once you are in the Note window, click the paperclip button to add an Ole Object. In the OLE Container window, click Edit, and then click Insert New Object. In the next widow click Create from File. This is where you will attach an existing object (such as an image or text file). Close the window and save your changes. Click Attach to atta...

Credit Card Transactrions Not Showing up in Reports
In May of this year I closed a Disovercard account because the # had been compromised. I closed the account in Money. I got a new account # and I created a new Discover account in Money. Both accounts have been updated with transactions via direct connect. (Not the old since May of course) I noticed that the ledger looked different in the new account, different than my checking ledger (and previously, my Discover ledger) and my current Visa ledger had looked. The layout of my Visa nd checking ledgers is identical, columnwise and line wise. I thought nothing of this dfference. Also, it...

Upgrade GP Macros From 7.5 to 8
Hi can some one tell me what are the changes i have to do in a macro created in GP 7.5 so it will work with GP 8.0 as they are not working of course now. what are the commands i have to change? Hi Version 8 Menu options are different to version 7.5. It might be best to recreate the macro. What is the macro for? -- Regards James[MVP] Visit MBS Blog Central http://mbscentral.blogs.com "Nader Yousef" <NaderYousef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A20485C-59E7-4659-88AA-2DFDBF0077AA@microsoft.com... > Hi > > can some one tell me what are the ...

Money 2003
Suddenly my cash flow report is not including the input from the Debt Reduction Planner. Only the items in the Bills & Deposits and the estimates from the Budget are there. Really skews my cash flow for 12 months. It did last week. The HELP indicates that it should. Any thoughts? Is the account used to pay the DRP payments flagged as a budget account (details page)? "W Elwyn Gaige" <elwyn@gaiges.dallas.tx.us> wrote in message news:%23KgKHFA1DHA.2868@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Suddenly my cash flow report is not including the input from the Debt > Reduction Pla...

Change date format on report
My date displays as mddyy in the table but on the report I'd like it to display as mm/dd/yyyy, how would I code that to have that field always display in mm/dd/yyyy format. I'm thinking this is very simple but I just can't get it to work for me. Thank so much for your help. On May 2, 1:50 pm, SITCFanTN <SITCFa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My date displays as mddyy in the table but on the report I'd like it to > display as mm/dd/yyyy, how would I code that to have that field always > display in mm/dd/yyyy format. I'm thinking this is very simple...