Report printing on two pages versus one page

We are on GP 9.0.

I have several users that have to swap between 2 printers frequently.  When
they use the Ricoh printer (a GP non-supported printer), the Job
Status/Closing Report prints on 1 page to that printer.

However, when they use the HP LaserJet 4300 (a GP compatible printer with
the correct GP compatible drivers), the exact same report (same job
number/same report) prints on 2 pages.

I've tested it on myself and have noticed that even when I display the
report the screen (not even printing it), it has this problem.  If I have the
Ricoh selected under File - Print Setup, the report spools to the screen as 1
page; if it's the HP, it spools to the screen as 2 pages.

We are not using named printer support inside of GP.

I keep assuming this is a printer issue...except for the part where GP
spools it to 2 pages before it even hits the printer.  Does GP read the
driver info when it spools a report to the screen or what behind the printer
setup would drive the report display?

--
Angela Meek
Business Analyst

Angela,

Yes, GP uses the printer driver to display to the screen, that why you're
seeing what you're seeing.  This becomes an issue a lot of times with
computer checks in GP - if the printer gets changed, the checks typically
become slightly misaligned.

I don't know the exact technical reason for this, but I have seen similar
things for non-GP printing as well, some printers seem to allow a different
'printable' area than others.  For example I have one Word document that
prints perfectly on 3 printers, but on a 4th one cuts off the border at the
bottom.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Angela M" <AngelaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are on GP 9.0.
>
> I have several users that have to swap between 2 printers frequently.
> When
> they use the Ricoh printer (a GP non-supported printer), the Job
> Status/Closing Report prints on 1 page to that printer.
>
> However, when they use the HP LaserJet 4300 (a GP compatible printer with
> the correct GP compatible drivers), the exact same report (same job
> number/same report) prints on 2 pages.
>
> I've tested it on myself and have noticed that even when I display the
> report the screen (not even printing it), it has this problem.  If I have
> the
> Ricoh selected under File - Print Setup, the report spools to the screen
> as 1
> page; if it's the HP, it spools to the screen as 2 pages.
>
> We are not using named printer support inside of GP.
>
> I keep assuming this is a printer issue...except for the part where GP
> spools it to 2 pages before it even hits the printer.  Does GP read the
> driver info when it spools a report to the screen or what behind the
> printer
> setup would drive the report display?
>
> --
> Angela Meek
> Business Analyst
> ACS Dataline

0
victoria (3340)
7/9/2008 3:55:24 PM
Angela,

I would open a support case on this one, especially since you said you have
the correct (as in recommended) driver version installed for the HP printer
model. Maybe you can work around the issue by emulating some other HP printer
also supported by the version of GP you are using. Usually HP printers do
allow emulation of other HP printers.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Angela M" wrote:

> We are on GP 9.0.
>
> I have several users that have to swap between 2 printers frequently.  When
> they use the Ricoh printer (a GP non-supported printer), the Job
> Status/Closing Report prints on 1 page to that printer.
>
> However, when they use the HP LaserJet 4300 (a GP compatible printer with
> the correct GP compatible drivers), the exact same report (same job
> number/same report) prints on 2 pages.
>
> I've tested it on myself and have noticed that even when I display the
> report the screen (not even printing it), it has this problem.  If I have the
> Ricoh selected under File - Print Setup, the report spools to the screen as 1
> page; if it's the HP, it spools to the screen as 2 pages.
>
> We are not using named printer support inside of GP.
>
> I keep assuming this is a printer issue...except for the part where GP
> spools it to 2 pages before it even hits the printer.  Does GP read the
> driver info when it spools a report to the screen or what behind the printer
> setup would drive the report display?
>
> --
> Angela Meek
> Business Analyst
> ACS Dataline
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/9/2008 4:20:01 PM
Angela,

I was looking at another possibility: does it make any difference whether
you are using PCL5 or PCL6 drivers?

Best regards,
--

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Angela,
>
> I would open a support case on this one, especially since you said you have
> the correct (as in recommended) driver version installed for the HP printer
> model. Maybe you can work around the issue by emulating some other HP printer
> also supported by the version of GP you are using. Usually HP printers do
> allow emulation of other HP printers.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Angela M" wrote:
>
> > We are on GP 9.0.
> >
> > I have several users that have to swap between 2 printers frequently.  When
> > they use the Ricoh printer (a GP non-supported printer), the Job
> > Status/Closing Report prints on 1 page to that printer.
> >
> > However, when they use the HP LaserJet 4300 (a GP compatible printer with
> > the correct GP compatible drivers), the exact same report (same job
> > number/same report) prints on 2 pages.
> >
> > I've tested it on myself and have noticed that even when I display the
> > report the screen (not even printing it), it has this problem.  If I have the
> > Ricoh selected under File - Print Setup, the report spools to the screen as 1
> > page; if it's the HP, it spools to the screen as 2 pages.
> >
> > We are not using named printer support inside of GP.
> >
> > I keep assuming this is a printer issue...except for the part where GP
> > spools it to 2 pages before it even hits the printer.  Does GP read the
> > driver info when it spools a report to the screen or what behind the printer
> > setup would drive the report display?
> >
> > --
> > Angela Meek
> > Business Analyst
> > ACS Dataline
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

run report that uses a set of dates #2
Once again I am baffled! I need to keep track of projects that get checked out to be updated. Each sheet is a different project. In column B I have when the project was checked out. IN column C I have the date the project was checked back in. The formulas I am currently using are: Column D: =TRIM(IF(B9<>"","out","")&" "&IF(C9<>"","in","")) which gives :"out" if not checked in and "Out IN" if it is. Column E: =IF(B9>C9,"OUT","In") This tells me if the project...

Overdraft report
I don't know if this is possible or not. Is there a way to have an overdraft report be generated automatically for those accounts that are negative? We run not just one account in here but at least 200. Thanks, Megan Advisor FYI can provide notification when you reach user-defined account balance limits, including by e-mail and to mobile devices. In Money Plus, it can be added to the Home Page. Customized Reports are also another option. "Megan" <Megan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7F8DB50-22DF-4D79-B8A5-C159607C6B87@microsoft.com... > I d...

Vlookup for two sheets in same workbook
Ok. I am desparate. I've working on this for hours; I have VIN numbers in sheet 1 in the range I2:I5521 I have VIN numbers in sheet 2 in the range G2:G4717. I need to see if the VIN numbers in sheet 2 are on sheet 1, of so highlight the cell or delete the VIN number. I'd really like to delete the duplicate. Roberta select column G in the second worksheet and name it "ColumnG" without the quotes. Then, select cells I2 down to I5521 in the first worksheet and choose Format Conditional Formatting... Change Condition 1 to: Formula: =VLOOKUP(I2,ColumnG,1,FALSE)=I2 ...

nesting functions to compare segments of two columns
In Excel I would like to nest functions to make the formula =MAX(OFFSET((ADDRESS((MATCH(I1,F1:F8000)),6)):(ADDRESS((MATCH(I2,F1:F8000)),6)),0,1)) The part =ADDRESS((MATCH(I1,F1:F8000)),6) works on its own as does =MAX(OFFSET(F14:F23,0,1)) but they don’t work together. The intent is to be able to type in two numbers; a minimum value (I1) and a maximum value (I2). The location of those values would then be identified in a column of ascending numbers (F) but the numbers would make a range separated by a variable number of other cells dependant on the min & max inputs. Th...

Print document (packing slip) for inventory transfer/adjustment
An option should be given to print a document (not only edit list) when a transfer or an adjustment is done. This could be in the form of a packing slip (not showing cost) or one showing the cost. This would be useful when transfering between remote sites and a transfer document can accompany the goods being transfered. This will assist staff with verifying that what was electronically transfered was what was physically transfered ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click t...

Page Transition
Is there a way to apply page transition to a publisher website, like what is offered in FP 2003? refer to the FAQ - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "awm050501" <awm050501@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D565FB11-FB21-404C-8722-6BD0CB974B86@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to apply page transition to a publisher website, like what > is > offered in FP 2003? ...

Business Cards
Can anyone tell me whether you can change the print layout of the business cards? It is such a waste of card to only print 4 cards! I would likt to be able to print 8 business cards to a page. Can this be done? And how? Thanks, What version Publisher? What is the style number of your business cards? Are they the standard 3.5 x 2? Most templates are 2 columns of five or 10 to a page. It would be helpful to know the style number so as to calculate the margins and gaps. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Tonijr" <Tonijr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

How do I Un-merge two columns half way down?
I am creating a name & address list for a club. Half way down two columns (F and G) have merged. I cannot get it back into two separate columns again. Can any-one advise me, please? I am using Excel from Office 2000. Try selecting the col headers F and G Then click Format > Cells > Alignment tab Click* as required to uncheck "Merge cells" completely > OK *you may probably need to click twice -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Hattie" wrote: > I am creating a name & address list for a club. Half way down two column...

Reporting on the General Ledger code?
We are using Great Plains version 7.5 running on W2000 server and SQLServer2000 and have used FRx to generate some reports. The General Ledger code we used is composite in that it describes a hierarchy. FRx is unable to interpret the code, therefore cannot report at the various levels in the hierarchy. So we purchased 'Webhouse' which used OLAP (Analysis Services) technology in the belief that it would 'slice and dice' the data. However Webhouse suffers from the same problem, it treats the GL Code as being a 'flat' entity. I'm told by my Finance Director that...

Microsoft CRM integrated with SAP Business One
I am salesmanager for an organization who has implemented SAP Business One. We wold like to use Microsoft CRM/Outlook as our Customer system. Has anyone done any integration? Hi Nils, I-Bolt is definetely something to consider when integrating Biz One with MS CRM. It is a certified SAP development tool that helps integrate third party CRM solutions with Biz One. I know a SAP Business One Dev Partner in the USA working with I-Bolt who can integrate with MS CRM. Feel free to contact me for further info. Mal De Silva mdesilva@softwareadditions.com "Nils Roald" wrote: > I...

The font color I chose does not show correctly on the page
Hello, I am trying to create an invitation where I am using different fonts/colors. I pick the color red for one of my text boxes and it shows blue. PLEASE HELP!!!!!! If you select red and your document prints red, I would say the printer driver is OK; if not, visit the printer makers site for a more recent driver. If it is only the display rendering the wrong color, visit your graphics card manufacturer for a new driver. Also, visit your monitor manufacturer's site for a newer driver. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Desperately seeking ans...

where can I find the page sorter?
I want to see all the website pages and switch between them. where is than hidden in the menus? Avinoam wrote: > I want to see all the website pages and switch between them. where is > than hidden in the menus? And what version of Publisher would this be?! Your message is quite cryptic, but have you made sure that the STATUS BAR is selected on the VIEW menu? This is only available in Publisher 2003. If you have a version other than Publisher 2003 you will have to do it manually by copy and paste or dragging. In Publisher 2003 the function is menu Edit > Move Page -- After ...

Summing fields between two dates
I think I know how to do this but any extra help would be appreciated. I have a table with four fields - net sales, payin date, payin number, and payin amount. What I want to do is create a query that will summarize all of the amounts in "net sales" within a specified date range. I thought an expression reading SUM([net sales]) BETWEEN [start date] AND [end date] would work, but it doesn't. Suggestions? -- Für Elise - Support the Breast Cancer & Heart Foundations SELECT SUM( [net sales] ) FROM tableNameHere WHERE fieldWithDateHere BETWEEN [start date] ...

Excel should provide the facility to compare two spreadsheets
Excel only synchronises the 2 windows in the so-called "Compare Side by Side" feature. This is misleading as the comparison has to be made manually by the user, and is also is not stated in the help. This feature should be called "synchronised windows", and a proper compare feature added to the tools menu. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open th...

Range formula possible to update summary page with new entries when new sheets created?
I'm not sure what this would entail but is there a way to fix our summary pages to include formulas or whatever that more automatically update links from the sheets linked to them when new sheets are added to each workbook? The reason I ask is because my colleagues are dealing with four workbooks that each have about 15 worksheets minimum. Every time a new employee is hired, a new employee sheet is created by copying one from another employee and modifying the entries to reflect the new person. Unfortunately, the summary sheet doesn't automatically include working links when they co...

embed a third party's page in my page
hi, i'm using a 3rd party searching user control, if i click on search btn. it displays results on another page by getting data from 3rd party's server. i want to embed results page into my page. i don't have code for searchbtn's click event. any idea!!! ...

How to increase font size in page number selection tool bar
Trying to number pages of chapters of complete book. All works when I select option from Page number selection on each chapteruntil I get to one particular chapter. When I select same selection in that one that selection produces font number that is too small and I am unable to change it back to the same as the selection in the other chapters. What am I doing wrong? Exactly how have you tried to change this to match the other sections? Have you tried Ctrl+Spacebar to remove any manual formatting? Have you tried copy and paste a page number field from another section into thi...

In 2003, using 1/4 page postcard template, how to create mailmerg.
How do I get the <<Next Record>> function to work in Publisher 2003 mail merge? Do you have one postcard on your screen? When you use the postcard merge only one card should be visible not 4. Do this in the page setup before you apply a merge. From the tools menu, open the Merge Wizard, it will walk you through the steps. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "w1nner" <w1nner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7C3E383-13B6-4060-87F5-2B61E9E253A9@microsoft.com... > How do I get...

Print Ranges #2
Can you combine multiple spreadsheets so the pages print consecutively; i.e., spreadsheet 1 has 11 pages and the footer needs to read 1 of ?, 2 of ?; spreadsheet 2 has 3 pages and needs to start with 12 of ?, etc. If you are speaking of two workbooks each with one worksheet, then: In page setup of each, header/footer, custom footer, enter: Page &[Page] of 14 On second workbook, in page setup, change: First page number, from: auto to 12. Print. If you are speaking of two worksheets within one workbook, then: In page setup of each, header/footer, select: page 1 of ? or in custom foote...

More printing issues...deeper issue?

Copying sub reports
How else do you express frustration of having had two, count the messages, two people respond with none answers; why respond if not to answer the question? Or are credits given for number of responses, rather than resolutions. so, how do i copy a subreport and change the datasource, all small letters. -- phm Most of the time, the OP would post back in the thread where some of us had tried to help. They provide some information about what they tried and why it worked or didn't work. It also is nice if you say "thanks for trying to help". What you don't ge...

'Begins with' calculation in Report Writer
Hi Folks I am trying to build a conditional calculated field where I need to state something like 'if the Vendor Id begins with 'SA' then ........' If I use 'substring' then it does not find the beginning of the field. I think I need to use 'left_str' for the first 2 characters, but I can't seem to get the syntax correct. Can anyone out there help me please? Thanks Sheila You will want to create a calculated field using the RW_Left user-defined function {----------------------------------------------------------------------- RW_Left ...

Can I make a chart that is longer than the offered page sizes?
I am using Excel 2003 to graph data over distances of 10 to 15 thousand feet. The page sizes offered are so small that changes in the data over this range are difficult to detect. Is there a way to make a custom page size that is roughly 12 inches tall with the potential to be infinately long. This way, all the data wouldn't be crowded into a limited area, and a person could scroll left or right along the data interval. Hi, Infinitely long - No! You can customize to page size but it is related to your printer drivers. You pick a different size page by choosing File, Page Setup ...

Default Start Page
How can I make the Default Start page for all the CRM users the same page. That is when users open the CRM , the default Tab must be cases. If I have more the 100 CRM users how can do this at once. Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! Irshard Zahir You can do this with SiteMap customization, more information at crm's SDK. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9c178b68-3a06-4898-bc83-bd14b74308c5&DisplayLang=en -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "Irshard" wrote: > How can I make the Default Start page for all the CRM users the same p...

group cells so they always print together
I have groups of cells that I always want to print together. I want to keep these groups from splitting over page boundaries. Excel doesn't have the same kind of formatting that MSWord has (keep lines together). I think that the closest you'll get is to apply your page breaks manually where you want them. Remember that different printers have different printable areas. You'll want to be as conservative as the "worst" printer that will be used. wrlang1977 wrote: > > I have groups of cells that I always want to print together. I want to keep > these groups...