Remove PO or AP TRX from FA TABLE

If a PO or an AP transaction is posted to FA clearing account by mistake how
can a revesal be made and the correct accout be recorded for the transaction
if we have Post Thru GL for AP. If we delete from teh table or use the purger
purchasing transaction option what happends to the transaction?and how does
it get posted to the correct account?

Thank You,
0
BC (33)

Default Value from another table
I want to assign a value in a form to a value from another table. I want to be able to do this for many forms (using the same value from that table). Why? Well, here is the setup: I have a login screen in the beginning (has a combo for the usernames, and text for the passwords). I have another table (table1) the records what username you selected. I want to use that value, and use it as the default value for the "Name" fields in forms the individual will use (that way they don't have to type in their name, and/or have a combo to select their name (where they can lie and chose s...

How do I change the header or footer to print an Access table
I teach at a high school and need to have the students identify their papers by putting there names in the header of footer area when printing a Access Table. I have not be able to find the area to make the changes. Any help would be appreciated. Use a Report. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Dennis A" <Dennis A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A308F92-E358-44B3-918D-2838BBE239C5@microsoft.com... > I teach at a high school and need to have the students identify their papers > by putting there names in the header of footer area when printing a Access > Tab...

Refreshing pivot table when cut/paste data
I think this is supposed to be easy, but I'm having trouble. I have a pivot table that is run off data called Source. I need to replace the Source data on occasion, and so have been "cutting and pasting" the new data into Source - it's exactly the same in terms of columns, but has more rows. When I got to "refresh", the pivot table says it's invalid data, or some such error, and I have to rebuild. I think there is a way with links to do this, but I can't find it clearly explained. Any suggestions? Debra Dalgleish has some (lots) instructions here ...

varying table length in a MACRO
I would like to perform a macro on multiple spreadsheets with varying numbers of rows. When recording the macro, I used the keystrokes to go to the end of the spreadsheet; however, when I apply the macro to other spreadsheets, it uses a fixed row area. How can I get this to go to the end of the spreadsheet? tlwhite Range("A2").Select ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Select Range(Selection, Cells(1)).Select Range("B1:M2028").Select Range("M2028").Activate Hi, The macro below will loop through the named sheets and find the...

KB890830 Malicious Software Removal Tool installation never goes a
Windows XP SP3, Norton 360, DSL, Pent4 @ 2.66g. Tried both Windows & MS auto update with same results. For the last several, well 6 months now, the malicious software removal tool (KB890830) seems to never completely install. When I click to install, it prepares, then installs (full green iinstall bargraph) and the updates ready icon in the toolbar goes away as if all ok. Within a couple of minutes it pops back up as if I never did anything. If I check ms update history I have successfully installed the tool 30+ times a month. help appreciated patman wrote: > Window...

Pivot table question #12
I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. One for each month of exactly the same data. I know you can use multiple ranges in a pivot table, but I am having issues that I can not figure out. The out put has row references and the field names are across the top. Any suggestions? Bart Hi, It's not clear what you want, but here is an idea: There is a way to do this using a very sophisticated query technique, but here is a tricky but easy way to do what I think you want: 1. It sounds like you already have creates your pivot table from Multiple Consolidation Ranges. So on the ...

'SY_Current_Activity' cannot find table
We were having a problem logging into Dynamics so I made the mistake of dropping the Activity table from within SQL Enterprise Manager. How can I recreate the table so that users can log into the system? Hi Hutch, To recreate your Activity table in Dynamics, locate your Dynamics GP folder then goto SQL->Install->0->System and open Tables.sys file in Notepad, copy the Activity tables creation part and execute it against Dynamics Database. For your reference I am copying that sql script below: /******************************************************** /*Begin_ACTIVITY*/ if exists...

Can you convert an Acess 2003 table to ASCII?
A printed has requested conversion of mdb file to ASCII text. Can this be done? If so, how? You could export the table as a text file (you can set the delimiter options when saving). Rightclick on tablename and choose export... hth -- Maurice Ausum "BobF" wrote: > A printed has requested conversion of mdb file to ASCII text. Can this be > done? If so, how? File /Export Pieter "BobF" <BobF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34366210-031A-4BE9-BFF9-55015CC98C3C@microsoft.com... >A printed has requested conversion of mdb file to A...

Tax table too big...
Upon setting the store operations up we have built a web site that goes along side it and our company has presence in 12 states, so our finance dept said we had to charge sales tax in those states by shipping zip code. This makes our tax table about 30k records or so. When the receipt at the pos is generating it takes about 45 seconds on this screen and then prints. If I delete 99% of these rows in the tax table, the rteceipt generates in a second or less. Is there a way to fix this wait time? TIA Okay fixed my own problem... It turns out it took forever on the receipt template po...

Table Structure
I need to find the table structures of the CRM database. Particularly where linked documents are stored. Does anyone have a good place to obtain this information. open up sql enterprise manager and dig into the mscrm database tables you will find most of the CRM tables end with base such as opportunitybase, contactbase, leadbase etc have a dig around and see if it makes sense "AAA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d1e401c42320$12879ea0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I need to find the table structures of the CRM database. > Particularly where li...

Updating a league table
Hi guys. I'm trying to teach myself to use excel and as a project to get me going I've decided to create a results and league table for the English Football Premier League. I've got my fixtures and result grid, and the league table. I've programmed the league table to update the win, lose, draw, goal difference for both home and away fixtures and the total points for the team automatically when I type in the results. However I can't get it to automatically sort the league table by order of points (highest to lowest) and to take into account the superior goal differenc...

HLOOKUP: specify table array in a cell
I am looking to specify the range of cells for the table_array in a cell. For example: =HLOOKUP("ABC", A1, 5, 0) where A1 would contain the info on my range of cells in a different notebook. How would I do this? Thanks >where A1 would contain the info on my >range of cells in a different notebook. What do you mean by: in a different notebook? You can try it like this but if a different notebook means a different workbook (file) then that workbook (file) must be open for this to work. =HLOOKUP("ABC",INDIRECT(A1),5,0) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Melanie...

SVC05002 table error with dynamics 9 upgrade ERROR
hi, I am trying to upgrade from Dynamics 9 to v10. On page 10, of the upgrade instructions they tell us to run select RTV_Return_Status from SVC05002 group by RTV_Return_Status having count(*) > 1 against the DYNAMICS table. I get the following error: Server: Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Invalid object name 'SVC05002'. Thanks for your help Hi Biren, Execute the script against your company database/s and proceed to the next step in the manual you are using. Hope this helps! Cheers, Dennis Araullo, MACS Microsoft Certified Techno...

Remove escape characters in XML generated by XMLSerializer ?
Hi I am using the XMLSerializer class to serialize a custom class into a memory stream whose contents i then pass to a MSSQL SP that uses the sp_xml_preparedocument SP, i can serialize the class but get secape characters in the XML when i read from the memory stream. I do not know much about encoding so i may be missing something very obvious here, heres some of the cod _Serializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(MyClass)) _Stream = new MemoryStream() _Writer = new XmlTextWriter(_Stream, new UTF8Encoding()) _Serializer.Serialize(_Writer, _MyClassInstance) _strXmlData = Encoding.UTF8.GetString(_St...

Add field to Printed PO
Hi, I would like to add the Quantity on Hand to the printed PO. I looked in customer source and did not find a new PO report that would work so I need to make the changes myself. Has any one added this to thier PO and is willing to share or could someone make a recommendation on how to change a copy of the original PO report to add the Quanitiy on Hand (and they haven't asked for it yet but I would be willing to bet that they will be asking for Qty committed next). Thanks, Laura Laura wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to add the Quantity on Hand to the printed PO. I loo...

Removing FullAccess Deny on a single mailbox in Exchange 2007
I have a mailbox on Exchange 2007 that I need to allow one of my Exchange Admins to have Full Mailbox Access. They are being denied FullAccess through inheritance, does anyone know how to remove inheritance on a mailbox in Exchange 2007? Thanks in advance, Zach Butler That really doesn't seem like the right answer. How about creating a new account explicitly for the additional access that isn't subject to any of the inherited denials. We do this pretty often for exmerge and other system admin tasks. "Zach Butler" <Zach Butler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Table of cells contains comingled text (A,B,C,1,2,3)-formated as .
Have a "Log sheet" of digital photo file numbers which has a column formated as text with alpha & numerical (formated as text) entries to designate the printing instructions for each file. So a cell may contain a single entry as "A" or "C" or "1" or "5" etc. or it could contain multiple combintations as "B,3" or "D,1,1" which give the lab instructions on what to print and how many of each unit to print. Need to total the number of "A" or "B" or "1" or "3" entries that occur ...

Remove Payroll trx amount limit of 9999.99
Please remove the payroll transaction amount limit of 9999.99. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=26a7d8dd-de14-43de-a900-e4b751f75e92&dg=microsoft.public....

Removing Text
Hi, There is a field in our system that groups together a list of products called p_desc. Whomever build the system concatenates 3 fields together. Fields: Group, Code, Desc The way the data is stored is as follows: Group 47: Transportation Services Group 48: Communications Group 25: Furniture And Fixtures How do I remove the txt before before the :? I want my results to be as follows: Transportation Services Communications Furniture And Fixtures Please help. Thanks you can use the RIGHT function to extract the data after the colon. To determine how many characters to extract use ...

How to remove the "Receive account updates..." reminder?
This 'reminder' ("Receive account updates from MSN Money My Accounts") has been showing up in the reminders section of my MS Money home page for a very long time now, and I'd like to remove it without removing all reminders. Now, it probably is there because MS wants me to use a MS Id to sign into my MS Money account, but I never will since I think doing so would lessen the security and reliability of MS Money. In tests where I did use a MS Id to sign into MS Money the reminder did not show up. Have I just missed some easy way to disable or remove this reminder, or...

pivot tables
I have a table with region, leaders (rows), points per leader (value), and date (column). I want to get the average number of points per region per day. If I summarize the data using sum, I get the total number of points, not the average. If I summarize the data using average, I get the average number of points per person per day, not the average numer of points of the region per day. What need is to divide the total number of points of each region, each day, by the number of persons that actually get points that day. Any ideas? ...

Sorting Options for Pvt Tables
I am creating several pvt tables that will be updated often with new data. I want to know if there is any function within a pvt table that I can use to set up my pvt table so that only the top 10 data points are automatically displayed. So for example, if i have pvt table set up to show brand name and then accounts for each brand name and I sorted on accounts descending and only wanted the pvt table to show the top 10 brands that had the highest total accounts. Is this possible? Thanks. Double-click on the Brands field button In the Pivot Table Field dialog box, click the Advanced button...

Linked Table Wizard Doesn't Work
I feel real stupid. A while ago, I posted about a problem that I had. When trying to link to external data using ODBC, the dialog to link would't start. (Access 2003) Someone had me do something with Norton Antivirus and it fixed it. However, I stupidly forgot what the fix was. Now I am in the same pickle, I updated NAV. Does anyone know what the fix is to get the the dialog to Get External Data, link tables using ODBC? Perhaps this: If you use Norton AntiVirus, disable the Office Plugin. (You'll find it under 'Miscellaneous in Norton AntiVirus options.) -- ...

Linking First & Last Names in a table to a Full Name field in anot
Hi. We have been using Access for a project database for years. However, we just added our customer information (formerly in ACT) to Access. Now I have two fields in our contact table (First Name, Last Name) but only one field in the existing project table (Full Name). I would like to link the customer to his active projects in our existing project table. How do I link these so that when I view a contact I will see a list of his projects? I have created a query that combines the First Name and Last Name but then I am not sure what to do with that query field. Thanks, St...

Script to remove sensitive data from Great Plains database
Does anyone know of a SQL script to remove sensitive data from the Great Plains database? I want to give a copy of my data to a consulting company, but I want to remove any sensitive data like social security numbers, credit card numbers, account numbers, etc. Before I dig in and write my own, I was curious if someone has already done this (and would like to share)? Thanks! - Dave Dave, I don't believe anything like this exists. You'd really have to look at your data to determine what is 'sensitive' to you and address those one at a time. There are some fields,...