Remove format link?

Is there a way to remove the format link between fields in Modifier?  Help
just shows how to set it and the usual stuff doesn't seem to be working.

Re: Formatting Pages
Oop! Missed the rotated text. I do not believe this can be done economically, but am waiting to be shown otherwise. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Jim" <twodays@nospamcableone.net> wrote in message news:... > Permission granted <g> > View>Header and Footer>Custom header>Upper right>*click the # icon a space, > then the ### icon. This will cause Page n of n Pages to appear on the > preview and hard copy. > > -- > Greeting from the Gulf Coast! > http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays > "Carolyn&q...

Conditional Formatting referencing other Worksheets
Hello, I sometimes get lost with too much formula-ese, so please forgive me if the answer is clearly out there. First, let me state that I understand that when a cell is linked, just the value, not the format travels with it. Here is what I want to do. I have a "dashboard" worksheet that combines the tasks off of 5 other worksheets. Basically I want to set up formatting so if the cell references: 'wksht1'=blue 'wksht2'=pink 'wksht3'=yellow ....and so on... What is the simplest way to do this? From my research on the boards it looks like conditional format...

linking excel to word
hi i'm working on a excel spreadsheet and was wanting to place a link to a empty word document, from a link or a macro of some kind. this is so that the user can open a document a write a letter after checking his/her data. is this possible thanks john -- johnny.exe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johnny.exe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30775 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=519673 Why don't you create a Word template and place the workbook in the templat...

Point to a Specific Grid View from Opportunity Link
I have added a link on the left navigation bar of the Opportunity called Metrics as well as a new view Opportunity View called Metrics. When the user clicks on the link I want it to load the Metrics view inside the grid. Is there a way to handle this? Thanks! This could help: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=AdvancedFind1 -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup The JavaScript Snippets Directory: http://www.stunnware.c...

Removing a line inside a table cell
I created a table with several split cells and sent it out for people to fill in and complete the data. Someone has put a line inside one of the unsplit cells and several of the split cells that I can't figure out how to remove. This line is not a border nor is is underlined text--it is actually a line that stretches almost edge to edge of the cell. Apparently what they were trying to do was split the cell but added this line to divide the cell instead. If I try to split the cell, the line goes with the split and is in both cells. If I add a row, the line is in the new r...

Slightly off topic: Remove Office 98 from the Dock
We have migrated our users from Office 98 to Office 2004. We would like to remove the Office 98 apps from their Docks (they now show up as questions marks, since the apps have been removed). Unfortunately, a sys admin who is no longer with the company somehow "locked" those items so users could not inadvertently remove them from the Dock. No one here knows how he locked them. Any ideas on how we might unlock and remove these items? Most users are running OS 10.3.9. However, there are a few running OS 10.4.8. Thank you for any help you may be able to offer! Kristina Up...

Formatting Text Boxes in UserForms
When designing text boxes for data entry, can the text box controls on the UserForm be assigned number formatting properties? For example, how would I arrange for data in TextBox1 to be in % with one decimal point, preferrably with a trailing % sign? You can format the value that goes in the textbox the way you want. Maybe something like: Option Explicit Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) If IsNumeric(Me.TextBox1.Value) Then Me.TextBox1.Value = Format(Me.TextBox1.Value / 100, "#0.0%") End If End Sub KG wrote: > > When des...

QUESTION about LINK : warning ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C49FB4.2F3700C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1256" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dear: I build an ISAPI Filter using Extension Wizard ,when I Build a release = version of the filter the following warning appeared: LINK : warning LNK4089: all references to 'OLEAUT32.dll' discarded by = /OPT:REF why this warning generated? and what it is mean? Regards ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C49FB4.2F3700C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="windows-1256" Content-Transfer-...

format of complex numbers
Hello, I have a problem concerning the data format when entering a comple number in Excel. I want to enter the complex number 2+0.01i So I enter �=COMPLEX(2;0,01;"i")� but when the number shows up in th worksheet it looks like: 2+1E-002i and I would like it to appear a 2+0.01i . So how do I change the format of the complex number? I have tried t use the Format cell option but it does not work -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =complex() returned a string--not a number. That's why changing the number format won't work. I don't have a pretty sug...

Subreport formatting 05-14-07
Is it possible to keep the formatting of the subform on a report separate from the formatting on the subform on the form. The text on the subform in my report needs to be smaller to fit on the page. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200705/1 ...

Generating an EXCEL dataset with formating
I have the need to generate an EXCEL dataset, not macro driven, which has formatting that just can�t be done in the CSV type of file format. Generally my requirements are for a 6 column table with bold column headings and a title line above the column heading that is also bold and in a merged cell of the 6 columns. Currently I am generating a .XML formatted document, but you have to remember to say Open with EXCEL or it opens in the browser and you see the code to generate the table not the table. The beginning of the code is below. Is there a better format that can be used, so ...

Remove Service
Is it possible to remove the service part for users that doesn't need this, in Outlook and browser. Jack You had to change the sitemap.xml file, problem solved :) Jack "Jack" <jackdSPAM@jackd.dk> skrev i en meddelelse news:u4%23NUg46GHA.4996@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to remove the service part for users that doesn't need > this, in Outlook and browser. > > Jack > ...

Conditional Formatting #63
I need to condionally format a field so that if the field = 1 it's yellow, if it = 2, it's Blue, etc... The conditional format feture only allows you 3 conditions and I need six. How can I get around this... I'm assuming I'll have employ code. Thanks. Hi, see this site: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=90 this will do what you want. Regards Frank >-----Original Message----- >I need to condionally format a field so that if the field >= 1 it's yellow, if it = 2, it's Blue, etc... > >The conditional format feture only allows you 3...

Help linking workbooks
I have 5 direct reports who have 5 of their own. I created a spreadsheet to give to the 30 indirect reports and now I want to be able to gather the data for each of my direct reports. I know I can have my direct report's spreadsheet link to their reports but I don't want to create the templete 5 times and then redo it every time a direct or indirect report changes or one is added. Is there a way to link spreadsheets but instead of giving a definate workbook name have it reference a cell within that workbook which would tell it the name of the workbook to reference? IE. We a...

conditionally formatting
This question is similar to one posted by ian on 2/27/10 about conditionally formatting cells based on the values in other cells. I understand the theory behind conditionally formatting and used it to make alternative rows in my spreadsheet different colors. I am making a course development spreadsheet in Excel 2007. Column H is used to indicated when a course developer has completed the first part of a course, AH is used to indicate they complete part 5 of 10, and AW is used for completing part 10 of 10. I get that i can conditionally format the blank cell in Column B based...

Insert / remove a row from protected sheet excel 2003
Hi, I have my worksheet protected. I set the frist 5 rows all cells to Locked. The rest of the cells are Unlocked. When applying protection I ticked the boxes saying allow insert of row and allow delete rows. Yet when the protection is applied the icons / menu options for inserting / deleting rows are grayed out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! Michiel. ...

Conditional Formatting #79
How do I conditionally format some cells so that the ones containing a date that comes before today are highlighted? I've tried everything I can think of! (Mind you, that's not much) Hi select the cells choose format / conditional formatting choose cell value is choose less than type =today() click the format button - set your format OK twice Cheers julieD "Joooooooo" <Joooooooo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF13865C-5199-4E6A-A6CE-3E7CD2B34F33@microsoft.com... > How do I conditionally format some cells so that the ones containing a > d...

Conditional Formatting with 3 Criteria Options
I would like a Cell's Text to turn green if A1=B1, but turn red if A1<>B1, and no formatting if B1 is blank. What is the best way to go about this? I have excel2007. With that cell active, use Home/Conditional Formatting, use new Rule, use Use a formula to determine which cells to format and enter this formula: =AND(A1<>B1,B1<>"") then click format/fill/red then do another New Rule and use =AND(A1=B1,B1<>"") then click format/fill/green. HTH Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Nickle" <Nickle@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

excel format
I am trying to get a format for numbers patterns that I work with. The normal pattern is 123456-1234. How can I use a format the not show leading 0's on the right side of the - ...

I need to convert a scanned photo in Publisher to a jpeg format?
I have scanned a photo from my printer and would like to know how to convert the photo to a jpeg format. The photo is scanned to Publisher 2003. While in a state of withdrawal waiting for components to arrive to repair his dead laptop, Ed notices a message from "jonc9" <jonc9@discussions.microsoft.com>. >I have scanned a photo from my printer and would like to know how to >convert > the photo to a jpeg format. The photo is scanned to Publisher 2003. This once AND JUST THIS ONCE ONLY, right-click the picture in Publisher, click Save As Picture. In *ALL* future i...

Changing to the currency format
Hi, In a desperate situation and hoping someone might be able to help. I have this formula set up in a form: =IIf([Text14]>[Text12],[vendor Name] & " " & "spend" & " " & [Month] & " " & "YTD" & " " & "is" & " " & [Text14]-[Text12] & " " & "more compared to this time last year",[vendor Name] & " " & "spend" & " " & [Month] & " " & "YTD" & " " & "is&q...

Linking Workbooks 02-11-10
I have a new problem that's come up after upgrading to Office 2007. I am linking my reporting workbook to the daily workbook that is updated by someone else. The cells I am linking to are merged cells. When I insert the link I get... ='[0203 Company 2.xls]Day'!$J$5:$J$6 which results in a #VALUE error unless I remove the last part of the formula (:$J$6). Any ideas on how to get around this? It's taking me twice as long to set up my links now. THANKS!!!! You cannot link to a range in that manner, only a single cell link is legal. =J5:J6 will always...

Project links just fine in VC6 but link errors in 7.1
I wrote a DLL using VC++ 7 (unmanaged) . I have a small application that uses this DLL. The application links just fine using VC6. But if I try linking the same application using VC7, I get the following link error: TestLink error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: unsigned int __thiscall GarXface4::GxList<class GarXface4::ComPortName>::GetCount(void)" (__imp_?GetCount@?$GxList@VComPortName@GarXface4@@@GarXface4@@QAEIXZ) referenced in function "protected: virtual int __thiscall CTestLinkDlg::OnInitDialog(void)" (?OnInitDial...

font color with checkbox linked cel
I change the font color in the ckeckbox linked cel to white so it doesn't show when printing. However, it works with white only. When I change the cel color to another, the font (showing TRUE or FALSE) show in black. I've changed the color of the font to match the color of the cel. I even tried the conditional formatting. But it still shows black. Am I doing something wrong here? ...

OL2002 won't open when clicking on web links
I have WinXP home ed., Office XP small bus. ed., with outlook 2002. It was working fine but now when I click on a link on a web page I get a message saying "cannot open microsoft outlook. can't create item." I tried reinstalling officeXP and also went into file associations and made sure the URLmailto was associated with outlook. In IE 6.0 it does show outlook as being the default mail client. Email me if you can help! Thanks! ...