Remove format link?

Is there a way to remove the format link between fields in Modifier?  Help
just shows how to set it and the usual stuff doesn't seem to be working.

remove shading on side of page
I have a file that was converted to word 2007 which resulted in a vertical shading on about 1/4 of the page. I have looked everywhere and am unable to find or remove the shading. Any suggestions? The shading is probably the area reserved for "balloons" when Track Changes is enabled. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "cathyh" <cathyh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D77B6BB2-D2FF-4A63-951E-DAA69F16E095@microsoft.com... >I have a file that was converted to word...

WLM for kids
I have the most recent version of WLM 9 and additionally installed WLM for kids from http://www.kinder-messenger.de . When I go to the Games tab and click on the icon of a particular game, Internet Explorer (7.0) opens a new window and shows an error like "Cannot open http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tivi.de%2Ffernsehen%2Flogo%2Fpopup_html%2F28762%2Findex.html" . What's wrong with this url-encoding? Greetings, I forgot that existed. As I'm sure you already know, http://www.tivi.de/fernsehen/logo/popup_html/28762/index.html is the real link. I couldn't find a referenc...

Color formatting pivot bar chart
I have a bar chart that shows the top 5 40 segments broken down by each teritory. It graphs good, but I need to color code the segments into their groups. So 1-5 may be one group, 6-13 will be another. When I color code all turn the same color. I would like to conditional format on the worksheet. Can that transfer to the chart? How do I manually make the segments change. Each territory will not have the same top 5 segments, thus using pivot to help with this task. The top 5 are from a generated report. I could bring all 40 but will still want to graph top 5. Thanks. Hi, It i...

shape linked to cell
Hey there, Not sure where is best for this question so i appreciate any on bumping it to a more suitable forum! I have created a worksheet that performs some simple trigonomotr functions. I would like to get the values from the formula to draw shape matching the values put in and taken from the formula. I would appreciate any help on this, be it example workbooks links t sites or tutorials. Many thanks in advance -- owarin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- owaring's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2535 View...

Conditional Format #6
Excel 2003 SP2 Trying for format a cell based on the sum of a range in which the cell exists versus amount in another cell. So if the number in the cell changes, making the total of the cells exceeds a predetermined number, then the cell should be red. In verbal logic: if sum(a1:a10)>B1 then format A2 red. Can this be done through conditional formatting, or do i need to write a change-cell event code? Thanks. In conditional formatting under condition 1 set: "Formula is" =sum($a$1:$a$10)>$b$1 then set your desire format "ZootRot" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> ���g...

chart plot area
I have an excel chart with a single line through the chart (at an angle). I would like to insert one picture in the plot area below the line and another picture above the line. Is this possible? Many thanks for any assistance. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Instead of a line chart, you could create an area chart, with a different picture as fill in each series. For example, with the following data in A2:E2 -- S1 10 15 20 25 In the row below, enter: S2 =30-B2 Copy the formula across to cell E3 Create a stacked area chart from the data. Double-click on the Y...

Linking pictures from storage map to Excel
I was wondering.. I have a storage facility in the company and I recently used Publisher to design a layout of our facility. What I would like to do since I made the file once I saved it an html so it can be accessible by anyone on the network. What I want to do is have it so if someone clicks on a specific unit # that is displayed for it to automatically go to where the saved information is which is in a excel spreadsheet with the personal info about that Unit #. Not sure if it is possible. Thanks ...

formatting pictures
About two years ago I used Microsoft Publisher to edit some pictures. I blurred the outside edges, for example. I can not figure out how to do it again. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance. Paula Could it have been Home Publishing? Publisher is not a photo editor although it can do some basic things. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "supermom1414" <supermom1414@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1370685A-AE13-4014-8053-C542434B17D0@microsoft.com... > About two years ago I used...

change general format to time w/o losing the data
Help - I have several spreadsheet with military time i.e. 1701, 1615, etc. The cells are in general format. Since I need to calculate hours from these times, I tried to convert them to [h]:mm but when I do, it changed the number 1701 to 40824:00. I tried to change the cell format to hh:mm but it gave me zeros. I use Excel 2000. Thanks. Hi With your number in cell A2: =TIME(LEFT(A1,2),RIGHT(A1,2),0) -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "klaire" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09db01c4a620$e775390...

Link Monitor functionality in Exchange 2003 ?
Hi, at Exchange 5.5 we are using Link Monitors to check the Exchange server mail connections between the servers within the Exchange organization. But at Exchange 2003 I found no equivalent function. Any ideas to solve that without MOM ? Thanks in advance, Rainer ...

Numbers aren't changing with new format why?
Had my worksheet tampered with and haven't been able to restore my three columns with numbers back to the original format. Had them set has accounting, with 2 decimals and the $ symbol. Also the formula to add them stays as the formula not the result. It's just basic addition nothing else. The numbers are staying to the left and unless I enter two numbers other than 0 after the decimal it doesn't show. ie 50.00 shows as 50, 60.50 shows as 60.5. I have tried all that I could think of, please help! Click on the cell, then click on the $ in the toolbar..........0.5 becomes ...

How to change the date format?
In cell A1, it is 10-Apr-2010, which is saturday. If I change the format type into dddd, then it will show Saturday. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to change the format into Traditional Chinese "星期六"? what is the format coding? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Hi Eric, Go to Tools>Options and select the "General" Tab then select the font your want at "standard font". The font you need is 'simsun', so please be sure to download it if you have not got it installed on your machine. Download the font here > htt...

Opening Excel Link from Outlook 2000
Hi All, Using Outlook 2000 (Office 2000 Professional). I Receive an email with a hyperlink to an Excel file (Somewhere On the LAN) I Click on link An existing Excel Session is disturbed with a message advising user to open as read only (Not a "file locked" messagebox). Excel file procedes to be opened in Internet Explorer Existing Excel session has all it's windows resized So 2 problems which could probably be solved with 1 solution 1. How to stop excel-linked files being opened in IE 2. How to stop existing excel sessions being disrupted Many Thanks, -John ---------------...

how do you link outlook with the new business contact

print text in a circular format
Is there a way I can print my text in a circular format instad of only left to right -- starting at the outside of the circle, following the circle shape, going round the circle, ending in the center of the circle (depending on the length of the text)...? Word Art will do that. It's located on the left tool bar. -- Don Vancouver, USA "loves 2 design cards" <loves2designcards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D599B82B-862D-4549-9B34-52D0D1568764@microsoft.com... > Is there a way I can print my text in a circular format instad of only left > t...

outlook removes attachments sent from a mac
I am using Outlook 2002 and Windows XP. I can receive attached Word documents (.doc files) sent from a PC just fine, but Word documents sent from a Mac are stripped by Outlook. No message is provided indicating that the attachment was blocked or removed. The attachment simply does not show up in the message window. On numerous occassions a .doc file was sent to me from a mac and was stripped while the exact same file arrived on my end just fine if it was sent from a PC. I'd appreciate any insights into this frustrating problem. ...

Default formatting
How can I change the default setting for cell formatting - even on existing spreadsheets. I wanted all numbers to be inputed as currency with 0 decimal places, but it always defaults to numbers with 2 decimal places. I know I can change the formatting after the fact, but I wanted this to be the default setting. Thanks for any help. Existing workbooks will have to be re-formatted on an individual basis. New workbooks can have the default changed. Open a new workbook. Customize your as you wish. Note, to have all sheets formatted to not show zeros, select one sheet tab and "Sele...

conditional formatting based on column
In Excel2000, can I have a conditional format based on a formula reference. For example, I have data in columns A and C. In column B I have formulas that reference either column A or C ( +A15 or +C19). Can Excel use conditional formatting to look at the formula and then format it one way if in column A (red fill) and another in column C (yellow fill). Thanks Hi there, Think of Conditional Formatting much like that of a circular reference, because that is what it is. You are attempting to give it a True condition unto itself - and if everything lines up (is True) then the condition is me...

Custom Date Format and Input Mask Trouble
I have a date field who's format property is mm/dd/yyyy hh:nn .... but I can't seem to get an Input Mask to work with that. I've tried 00/00/00\ 00:00 .... and many variations of that. Can anyone clue me in? -- Thanks, tbl -- Thanks, tbl This appears to do the job: 99/99/0000\ 00:00;0;_ tbl wrote: >I have a date field who's format property is > > mm/dd/yyyy hh:nn > >... but I can't seem to get an Input Mask to work with that. >I've tried > > 00/00/00\ 00:00 > >... and many variations of that. > >Can anyone clue me in? >...

E-mail links #2
Links appearing in my emails bring up a browser window but does not display navigate to the url. This isn't a big deal when the link itself is a url (I can just copy/paste), but when it's an html href, it's a real problem. It appears that Outlook doesn't recognize it as being a valid link. Has anyone experienced this before? ...

Problem formatting for printing
I'm trying to format an Excel spreadsheet to print; either by selecting the section I want to print and/or using the view/ page break preview. For whatever reason it is not alloweing me to reduce the percentage size to fit on one page --or drag the page borders in the page break preview. The spreadsheet is columns A through O and rows 1 through 58. Its strange-- here's the error message it gives This error can appear if you have attempted to print content which cannot fit on the printable area of the selected printer. Usually this occurs when you have selected to: Print to ...

Locate link browser window problem on Windows 7
Every time I click on a link in an email in Outlook, a "locate link browser" window appears. There's a lot of help on the web to fix it for Win XP, but those steps don't appear to work for Windows 7. I tried pointing it to iexplorer.exe and the window isn't coming up anymore, but it just launches IE and my home page... not the link that was in the email. I've also tried setting the default browser to Firefox... and then the links in emails work. But, if I then try and set the defaul browser back to IE, clicking on a link in an email will launch IE...

Link objects in an MDI Application Client Frame (the grey area)
hi in an mdi application, how can put an object inside the MDICLient (the grey area in an MDI application) in which when i click it, it will open Internet Explorer and direct me to a website. see this image: http://tinypic.com/k1azog.jpg any idea would certainly help. young_leaf ...

Conditional Formatting 05-21-10
Hi, I have an input model which I have populated with data in each cell by entering =SUM(Balance_Sheet_Retrieve!A1), and so on. Some of the cells will be locked so they cannot be changed and these are coloured light green. Input cells - which can be changed are coloured light yellow. What I would like to do is use conditional formatting to change the background colour of any input cell which no longer uses the exact original formula - so, for example: if the cell just has a value OR has a different formula (even if it is the original formula plus a new one, or plus/minus a...

Dead Removable drives
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit Service Pack 2 Single user --------------------- I have four drives showing in Computer They came pre installed with my computer. Removable Disk F Removable Disk H Removable Disk I Removable Disk I When I click on each I get: "Please insert a disk into Removable Disk I '... same for each drive How do I get rid of them? Any help or advice appreciated eXistenZ These would most likely be card-reader slots for CF, SD, etc. type memory cards. Find and disable the card reader controller/controllers in Device Manager and that shou...