Remote Connection

I'm currently utilizing Great Plains 7.5 with SQL Server
2000.  I have ten maintenance foreman who access the
service call management module via a broadband virtual
private network; average bandwidth of 400Kbps.  The
computers the maintenance foreman have are 1.6Ghz
processor with 256Mb RAM.  There is considerable latency
when the maintenance foreman access the service call
management module, is there any way to increase the
performance.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi

Have you thought about using terminal services to host your client
applications for remote users?

Regards

James

--
Visit MGP Central on

http://spaces.msn.com/members/hushdontspamme/

"Rene Camarillo" <rcamarillo@hacep.org> wrote in message
> I'm currently utilizing Great Plains 7.5 with SQL Server
> 2000.  I have ten maintenance foreman who access the
> service call management module via a broadband virtual
> private network; average bandwidth of 400Kbps.  The
> computers the maintenance foreman have are 1.6Ghz
> processor with 256Mb RAM.  There is considerable latency
> when the maintenance foreman access the service call
> management module, is there any way to increase the
> performance.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!

This server requires PTR for unauthenticated connections
I'm getting the following message when trying to send email to a particular domain: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <(mydomain) #5.5.0 smtp;554 This server requires PTR for unauthenticated connections.> >From what I've read this is a reverse DNS lookup issue? But I checked our MX record, which is correct. There is a correct A record for that host, and the PTR for that host's ip address is correct. I'm not sure what else to check. The first part of the error states...

ODBC Connect error in Script Host Version 5.8
My Access/ODBC connection code is failing in Win7/Script Host 5.8. If it runs on V 5.6, it works. If it runs inside VbsEdit debugger, on Win7, it works. It FAILS running directly on either Win7 or Server 2008 R2 (V 5.8) I guess the basic question is what is different between V 5.6 and V 5.8? If the underlying OS/provider has changed, I think that would be the same when running either in or out of the VbsEdit debugger. I'm using the generic format: Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\mydatabase.mdb;Uid=Admin;Pwd=; (From ConnectionStrings.com) Specifically: ...

Must be connected to the internet
I was warned that MS Money was junk. I was also warned that Vista was not even close to a true release version. I assumed that my degree in Software Engineering and decade of industry experience would ensure that the problems I was warned about would not happen to me. I was wrong. I have purchased a new quad core dell pc with Vista. I then purchase Money Plus Deluxe and spent around 8 hours importing my accounts, categorizing my expenses, setting up a budget, setting up bill payment, etc. Today I tried to open Money. Money prompted me that it required a software update in order to proce...

SOAP error when connect to project server
I have an installation of Project 2007 Professional w/SP2 and i've been trying to connect up to our Project server but i get an error saying that the Office SOAP toolkit component is not installed correctly. I have a mixed office environment, where Project 2007 is the only 2007 office product i'm using and the rest is office XP SP3. Has anyone got any ideas on how to solve this issue? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0079_01CA9A91.D92F4690 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-p...

Connecting Points In An XY-Scatter Plot Graph
I made a data table to help me organize my workout schedule at the gym. On the X-axis I used the date, and for the y-axis I have weight. I have several different excersizes, and thus several different plots (on the same graph). I don't do every excersize every time so the points are some what scattered. The graph is a "XY (Scatter) with data points connected by lines." Ok. My problem is that the points of a line are only connected when I do the same excercise twice in a row (not row as in column). For example; on 04/06/06 and 04/08/06 I do bicep curls, the points are conne...

Inbound connection + form question
Hello, I just set up sharepoint server 2007 sp1 for the first time. It works like a charm internally. I've got a domain name and it is being forwarded to my external IP address which responds ok. However when I try to go to the web address I get a page cannot be displayed. I've got my port 80 being sent to sharepoint servers IP also internally from the router (netgear prosafe). What step am I missing here any ideas? Also I was wondering if there was a way to set up a "form" so to speak where a user could click on something, it would open up say a excel spreadsh...

Connect Next Ponumber
Dear All, I was trying to create purchase order entry through econnect, and for that i was using getnextponumber procedure. But iam getting the following error, System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): COM object with CLSID {12F8A948-D2E1-428C-A025-92275430932B} is either not valid or not registered. Could any body help me in this issue please. Thanks in advance ...

Outlook 2003 continuously loses connection to Exchange server
This problem began when I changed to Outlook 2003. The icon in my sys tray intermittently shows a bang with the hover text error message "Connection to your exchange server has been lost". This gets so annoying when trying to read mail and I can't access it for 15-20 seconds. This is on a corporate network and my IM has been useless in debugging this. I never had this problem until I installed Outlook 2003. Any ideas? Do you have Outlook setup to use cached mode? >-----Original Message----- >This problem began when I changed to Outlook 2003. The >icon in m...

Outlook 2007
Hi, On a local lan, outlook 2007 connecting to Exchange 2003. If the network connection is lost between the workstation and the exchange server and outlook is running and connected to the exchange server when the connection re-establishes (no regard for duration, quick or long) then outlook will NOT correct itself and reconnect. A white screen shows and you have to "force" a close and re-open. Any ideas on why this happens or is this just a product flaw? Thanks in advance, George Hi George, I'm getting same experience, I'm trying to analze what is causing it, certa...

Does Requery "Go back" to the remote Databse after I do an Open ? #2
I am using SQL Server 2000. If I do a cRecordSet "Open" that gets all the records of the table and later on I do a Requery, does the Requery go back to the remote Databse in SQL Server 2000 ? I don't have a way of testing this. Thanks a lot in advance. ...

How can I get Outlook to connect to Novell?
I have a old Novell NetWare server. Probably about 10 - 15 years old. I don't know much about Novell. I have the client installed on the network properties. I can get to the Novell shares. I just don't know how to get the email out. They use GroupWise and are moving to Outlook 2003. I don't know how to connect Outlook 2003 to the GroupWise mail server. It doesn't use IP Addresses does it? It has an IPX number, but I'm not sure what to do. Any guidance is appreciated. See if the info here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/enterprise.htm#groupwise &l...

Connection Failed! 01-03-10
Every so often, when I click my Local Area Network Connection icon, I get a Connection Failed! nastygram. The only solution seems to be to reboot. Then all is well, probably for days or even weeks. Then it happens again. Any idea why?? Perhaps the NIC went to sleep? See the Power management tab for it in Device Manager properties. chuck wrote: > Every so often, when I click my Local Area Network Connection > icon, I get a Connection Failed! nastygram. The only solution > seems to be to reboot. Then all is well, probably for days > or even weeks. Then it happens a...

Unable to connect to outgoing e-mail server
After downloading (earlier this week) the latest security patch for Outlook XP, I received the following message: "Outlook is unable to connnect to your outgoing (SMTP e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message contact your Internet service provider." I contacted my ISP and their advice was to restore my previous version of Outlook (without the patch). I haven't taken that step yet. I can access my e-mail through Outlook Express, but I prefer Outlook. Advice? Delete and recreate your mail account. Ensure that if you are required to sign onto the incomin...

SSL connection
Hi I'm helping an elderly lady set-up her new laptop. It has Windows 7 which I don't know as I am on XP. Her email (Windows Mail as part of the Office set she bought) gives me the following message. Can anybody help me sort it out? "The server does not support a SSL connection. Subject 'test again' Server Response: 250 8BITMIME Server: 'mail.btinternet.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC7D Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): Yes" -- Thanks a LOT in advance, Dave dave@willison.org ...

ODBC connection #2
G.P. uses an ODBC connection to communicate with SQL, do some body know if exist a way to change the way G.P. do SQL connection's? We requiere to change this, cause security porpouses and we're working with high avalaibility environment. I'll apprecite your help. Juan Acosta juan.acosta@gcg.com.mx ...

Outlook Express Hyperlink connectivity
From Outlook Express, If I have an email that contain internet link, when I click on the link, it does not do anything. It only changes the color. Acting like it is trying to connect, but it won Please reply ASAP.\\Thanks.. Al ALipour wrote: > From Outlook Express, If I have an email that contain > internet link, when I click on the link, it does not do > anything. It only changes the color. Acting like it is > trying to connect, but it won > Please reply ASAP.\\Thanks.. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Wind...

exc2003
Hi, new SBS 2003 install. OWA works, (POP3 connector, sending, receiving emails works with OWA) BUT, cannot install outlook2003 onto w2kprof, and outlook2000 onto win98. I get error message: w2k, when add mails, control panel,.. "check name" : cannot connect... and on w98, after start outlook: "cannot open..., do you want to open default file folders.." (or something like in english..) Any idea? what should to check, write the steps. Hi Did you configure a DNS or WINS settings ??? Try to type the Exchange IP address instead Exchange server name. Regards, Shai Net...

retrieving connection string w/ ConfigurationManager
I am trying to store and retrieve connection string info from config file and I am having trouble retrieving the connection string info. I stored the info with the following: Configuration config = null; config = ConfigurationManager.OpenExeConfiguration(ConfigurationUserLevel.None ); config.ConnectionStrings.ConnectionStrings.Add( new ConnectionStringSettings( "MyConfigurationString", "Server=local;Database=Test;Password=password;User Id=john;" ) ); config.Save(); I then remove the Add method and use the following try to retrie...

Connect to SQL Express database difficulties
I have just joined the "I'm sure I've missed something obvious club" I have VBExpress 2008 installed with SQL Express 2008 with the SQL Express management studio. I started building a prototype database in Management Studio: nothing complex, just a cascade of administratve tables to create a logical context for the real data. Next I created a project which would provide simple linked controls to populate the tables to see if the concept worked. Next I tried to Connect the Project to the Database. I thought this would be easy as I had already experimented with an ...

Access Db remote access
Hello All- Sorry for my stupid questions :-) I am considering a project that would be my first Access Db. My questions: 1- I believe it is possible to control which users can access certain fields, correct? Example: The Db would include the price we pay for products, the price we sell them for, and the profit margin. Only certain individuals should have access to the cost and the profit margins.. 2- The Db would need to be accessed remotely by some individuals, but we don't want to have the Db on the internet.. What are some options? Example: Product updates on the web are h...

Outlook can't connect after KB842773 windows update
I reinstalled windows last weekend, and this morning my system automatically downloaded and installed update KB842773. All email functionality then stopped, with a "Cannot connect. Please contact your ISP." message. Neither Outlook nor Thunderbird could connect. Un-installing the patch fixed the problem, but of course I'd rather be up to date with my patches. (But would rather be vulnerable to viruses than have no email!) The info page about the fix didn't mention anything about affecting email. Any ideas? My web access was fine, and was chat (Gaim) continued to work. ...

Programmatically connecting to backend
I have an odd issue, wondering if someone might have seen this. Not sure whether this question is more appropriate here, in security, or if this is a network administration issue - but here goes... I've got a database split into front and back end. Back end is password protected. The front-end has some code that prompts the user for a password, and then links to the back-end. This was working perfectly well at the client site, up until a few days ago. They created a new folder on the server, and restricted access to only users who are allowed access to the database. All of a sudden,...

Logging Connections in Exchange 2003
Hi, is there anyway to see the connection and to log it in exchange ? We have a customer that has mdaemon as MTA but would like to see what happens when an smtp connection is made. Something like this example: Tue 2004-12-28 13:18:36: Session 8499; child 1; thread 2604 Tue 2004-12-28 13:18:16: Accepting SMTP connection from [xx.xx.xx.XX : 65465] Tue 2004-12-28 13:18:16: Looking up PTR record for xx.xx.xx.xx (xx.xx.xx.xx.IN-ADDR.ARPA) Tue 2004-12-28 13:18:16: D=xx.xx.xx.xx.IN-ADDR.ARPA TTL=(60) PTR=[host.host.host] Tue 2004-12-28 13:18:16: Gathering A-records for PTR hosts Tue 2004-12-28 ...

Flow of info for e-Connect RM transaction
Hi, I need to see if I can customise some stored procedure for RM Distribution and RM Transaction and in order to do this, I need to know exactly what happenes when I run e-connect for RM Receivable integration using my XML file. Anyone know flow of updates that e-Connect triggers for this? Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks. -Jay Shah49@hotmail.com Just looking at the eConnect administration/installation PDF guide, it states in there that the stored proceedures for eConnect CANNOT be modifed. See page 13. Mike "Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Remote shut down of Excel
Something that I did realize was that the excel workbooks that are giving problems are the ones where my function forces a user-form to open and it stays open until the workbook closes. So there maybe an event I need to set to clean up the shut down? Any thoughts? > ";-)" <james.holland@comcast.net> wrote in message > news:f4Odnf6dWuBxR8HcRVn-gA@comcast.com... >> This code works for ~20 sets of excel workbooks. ONE of the sets (a > single >> workbook) always crashes the workbook, with a request to contact MS with > the >> error report. The ...