Record is locked (deadlock was detected)

when trying to run a CM Transaction I get "A get/change next operation on
table 'CM_Transaction' deadlock was detected.  when I click on more details i
am given the following.  [microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
Transaction (process ID 77) was deadlocked on thread | communication buffer
resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim.
Return the transaction.

currently I have ensured that no one is logged in.  I view the odb.dex_lock
table in the tempDB and cleared it.  At this point I can run a reconciliation
with no errors where I could not before, but it i try running the CM
Transaction again I get the same error with the process hanging at 7%.  the
record that I cleard in teh odb.dex_lock comes back.  Any Ideas?

0
Shu1 (2)

Shu,

Did you go to Batch Recovery and see if any batch out there is hanging. If
Yes, Recover the transactions, if any. Also, Try to run the following scripts
after vieiwing the info (i think you already did this though I'm giving it
again)
DELETE DYNAMICS..ACTIVITY
DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00800
DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00801
DELETE TEMPDB..DEX_LOCK
DELETE TEMPDB..DEX_SESSION

Also, Add the following in DEX.ini file and see if it works as well

SQLDeadLockRetries=5000

--
Thanks
Janakiram M.P.

"Shu" wrote:

> when trying to run a CM Transaction I get "A get/change next operation on
> table 'CM_Transaction' deadlock was detected.  when I click on more details i
> am given the following.  [microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
> Transaction (process ID 77) was deadlocked on thread | communication buffer
> resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim.
> Return the transaction.
>
> currently I have ensured that no one is logged in.  I view the odb.dex_lock
> table in the tempDB and cleared it.  At this point I can run a reconciliation
> with no errors where I could not before, but it i try running the CM
> Transaction again I get the same error with the process hanging at 7%.  the
> record that I cleard in teh odb.dex_lock comes back.  Any Ideas?

0
janakirammp (688)
7/7/2009 7:00:01 PM
thanks a ton for your thoughts.  I tried everything you mentioned and it is
still causing the same problem.  ???

"Janakiram M.P." wrote:

> Shu,
>
> Did you go to Batch Recovery and see if any batch out there is hanging. If
> Yes, Recover the transactions, if any. Also, Try to run the following scripts
> after vieiwing the info (i think you already did this though I'm giving it
> again)
> DELETE DYNAMICS..ACTIVITY
> DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00800
> DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00801
> DELETE TEMPDB..DEX_LOCK
> DELETE TEMPDB..DEX_SESSION
>
> Also, Add the following in DEX.ini file and see if it works as well
>
> SQLDeadLockRetries=5000
>

> --
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
> Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login to Dynamics GP
> partner forums at
> http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads
>

> "Shu" wrote:
>
> > when trying to run a CM Transaction I get "A get/change next operation on
> > table 'CM_Transaction' deadlock was detected.  when I click on more details i
> > am given the following.  [microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
> > Transaction (process ID 77) was deadlocked on thread | communication buffer
> > resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim.
> > Return the transaction.
> >
> > currently I have ensured that no one is logged in.  I view the odb.dex_lock
> > table in the tempDB and cleared it.  At this point I can run a reconciliation
> > with no errors where I could not before, but it i try running the CM
> > Transaction again I get the same error with the process hanging at 7%.  the
> > record that I cleard in teh odb.dex_lock comes back.  Any Ideas?

0
Shu1 (2)

Timed recordings
I'm just about to start building my own media PC, which will primarily serve as a receiver and recorder for digital TV - both from satellite and terrestrial. I'm in the UK, but as the UK newsgroup for Media Center is rather quiet, I thought I'd seek help from both groups. I hope you don't mind the cross-posting. I can't remember the correct terminology, but our broadcasters send some sort of control signal along with the broadcast which indicates the precise start and stop times of each programme (this is in addition to the usual programme guide). It i...

Record counter for navigation
I have eliminated the navigation buttons on my form and replaced them with command buttons. Now how do I make a textbox show a record count just like the standard record counter? This counter would not be bound to any field in the table, but would just be a count starting with 1 of whatever records comprise the current query. I'm doing this to have more control over the appearance of the buttons and counter. Robert Try a text box with Control Source of: =[Form].[CurrentRecord] More info in: Numbering Entries in a Report or Form at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-10....

Getting a value from the last record
Hello, I have an inventory database. I have the sum of apples in my last record and want to subtract apples today from it. The value is the last record number from a table: Total apples (in last record) = 25 (new record) sell 5 apples = total apples = 20 me.total_apples = me.sell_apples + (last record me.total_apples) How can I get that last records me.total_apples. I do not have an open internet access so I can not go see alan browns web page only microsoft web pages. Thanks How will Access know what the last records is? Do they contain a DateTime tracking fiel...

How to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form? 09-27-07
Hi I have subform with datasheet view and I need to know how to select record in the subform and to show it in the main form? Thanks Forget my last post. I misuderstood your question. The code I gave will give the record "number" (sort o count from the table start) not the refered to record. -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Wayne-I-M" wrote: > Hi > > There are other methods but a simple one to use would be > > DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, "MainFormName", acGoTo, > Forms!MainFormName!SubFormName.Form!LinkIngPrimaryField > > Chan...

How to lock closed opportunities
Hi, I would like to prevent users from re-opening closed opportunities after a certain period from the Actual Closed Date. This is to prevent them from changing some of the information. The best would be to disable the "Reopen Opportunity" option in the Actions menu for the closed opportunity. I found that there is no access to the menu if I want to use javascript and workflow manager does not seem to cater for this scenario. I also looked at the security privileges but it does not have controls to menu level. Can anyone advise me how I can solve this? Thanks. Hi, Put the...

Updating New Record form
Hi, I have two tables set up: tblDeals and tblEquip, they have one field in common called: DealCode. I have a query qryEquip that links the two tables based on the DealCode field and adds other tblDeals fields like Customer, Description, etc, to help identify the deal but only the DealCode is stored in the Equip table. Form frmEquip is based on query qryEquip and it is working fine. Here’s what I’m trying to do: When I add a new Equip record I want to be able to look into the tblDeals for the right deal and then pass the DealCode to the frmEquip, then have the frmEquip pull the rest o...

Copying records from one (sub)form to another subform using Append
I have a mainform with products (and thier details) from a products table and a subform showing ingredients (from an ingredients table). I wish to select existing ingredient records from one subform and copy them to so that they appear as ingredients in a new Mainform. I have a selection box next to each of the ingredients to enable selection but how do I "copy" these selections to the new record on the new mainform. Do I use an append query to do this? Any guidance on doing this would be great (not too experienced in this area). Many Thanks On Tue, 9 Feb 2010...

Not able to add or edit records from an input form.
Hi, I have an MS Access input form that is based on a query that is based on a table called Training. The Training table is actually an SQL Server table that is linked. There are three fields in the table: ID (The primary key), CustomerName and TrainingDate. I added three records into the table using SQL Server Enterprise Manager and can add more. However, I can't add them using my access form. I can view them but cannot add. I can't edit them either. What setting do I make to allow edit and adding to occur? I posted this question in the sql server forum and was ...

Detecting Version of an .mdb file
Hi, Is there a simple way to detect which version of MSAccess was used to create an access database? Ideally using ADO. I have databases in 97,2000 and 2002 format and am looking for a simple VB script to do this. Any ideas? Thanks Daniel ...

Cannot record macro in excel
If you cannot record macro in microsoft excel. I found one reason for that. Reason for this was security righs in registry. My case was this: We have Windows 2000 AD domain.We use compatws.inf template in group policy to give more rights to normal domain users. Situation was this: I cloned PC from image and in first boot i installed f-secure to PC. This installation added one registry key to hklm/software/classes/clsid and gave this key security righs to averyone . This key did not have permission to inherite permissions from upperlevel. Thats why security templates hangs and users did...

Recording multiple checks in a single deposit
This seems like it's probably brutally simple, but I can't figure it out: how do I record multiple check numbers in a single deposit? The deposit consists of a couple checks from my primary checking account which I'm depositing, along with some cash, as a single deposit transcation in a different checking account. Using MS Money Deluxe 2003. - sph In microsoft.public.money, hodgdon wrote: >This seems like it's probably brutally simple, but I >can't figure it out: how do I record multiple check >numbers in a single deposit? > >The deposit consist...

Cursor Anchor Lock
I have had this happen to me in Excel over the years. I am sure it has to do with a memory issue but I am curious if it has happened to anyone else. The helpless desk where I work is clueless, I know 10X more about excel than anyone in the IT dept. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, my cursor will anchor onto a cell. I can still move the cursor but it stays in select mode, i.e. if I drag the mouse it is as if I was holding down the left click button, selecting cells as I move the mouse. No matter what I do I can't get the excel to deselect the cell and I have to control/alt/del to kil...

Checking for new records
I am new to VBA and need to call "TravelForm" from the "MeetingsForm" It should open in to a new travel with travel info from "tbltravel" filled in. I tried the following code in the "on Click" property of the calling button in the MeetingsForm. Private Sub btnTravel_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnTravel_Click Dim DocName As String DocName = "frmTravel" DoCmd.OpenForm DocName, OpenArgs:=Me![Order_Num] Exit_btnTravel_Click: Exit Sub Err_btnTravel_Click: MsgBox Error$ Resume Exit_btnTravel_Click End Sub Then on the T...

Duplicate Detection Problems
CRM 4 Prof We recently upgraded to V4 and put some duplicate detection rules in place. We have at least one record where: 1. We attempt to edit the record. 2. When we click Save, we are told a potential duplicate is detected. (This duplicate is an inactive record that we choose to ignore.) 3. We click Save Record. 4. The screen refreshes, and none of the edits are saved. This happens in both the Outlook client and the Web client. Assistance is appreciated. Talina UPDATE: I unpublished the Duplicate Detection Rule that governed contacts and the problem went away. Obviously, t...

Lock cell #2
Hello In excel 2003 I found it very handy to have the 'Lock Cell' icon customised on my toolbar. I can't find it in Excel 2007 which is very disappointing. In a large spreadsheet, I want to be able to see if a particular cell is locked or not, just by selecting it rather than having to open Cell Format and then the Protection tab each time. Thanks J Hi, go to the "quick access taskbar" besides the menue button and select "more commands" then switch to the Home Tab and select the lock button! Yeay! Thank you "Sascha" <noreply@microsoft....

CHotKeyCtrl
Hey, I have a dialog on which I've placed a hotkey control which I've wired to a CHotKeyCtrl wrapper. How do I detect when the user has changed the hotkey inside the control? ClassWizard is only showing me a NM_OUTOFMEMORY message to map, I need some sort of FIELD_CHANGED message to respond to so that I can update the hotkey with the system table. Anybody know what message to process? Thanks, Dave "Dave" <neorife@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0cOcnVXdFd17YpeiXTWJjQ@comcast.com... > Hey, > > I have a dialog on which I've placed a hotkey control whi...

Detail record prints on top of group header subreport
Hello, I have a report with a subreport in the group header. Both the detail and subreport have two columns (width 3"). Column layout across, then down. The first record of the detail section prints in the header section on the right side, on top of the second record of the subreport. Thanks in advance for your help. Ellen ...

deleting a record after copying data
I currently have code in a form called workorders to execute after update to copy data over to a new form called Closed_Workorders. using two different tables (tasks and closed tasks) How do I write the code to delete the record once it is copied. "Thanks for your Support" Here is the code: Private Sub Status_AfterUpdate() If Status = "Completed" Then Dim StDocName As String Dim StDocnbr As String StDocName = "Completed_WorkOrders" StDocnbr = [Log_Number] DoCmd.OpenForm StDocName DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Forms![Completed_WorkOrders]...

Autofill: can it detect change in value?
Is there a way to autofill down a column, where the autofill detects a new value and uses that value, until the next time it hits a new value? Simple example: I want this: To look like this: Dave Dave Dave Dave Bill Bill Bill John John Try the below 1. Select the data range in ColA (say A1:A100). 2. Press F5. From 'Goto window'>Special> from Options select 'Blanks' and hit OK 3. This will select all blanks. 4. Now press = (equal sign) 5. Then press Up Arrow to reference the cell just above 6. Now press Ctrl and Enter ...

HELP: how to detect if printers are installed? woes :S
I made a Excel template with a macro to set up page margins, etc for the printer. This macro is ran when you load up the Excel template. However, if once doesn't have any printers installed, they get a warning to chose/find/setup a printer. Does anyone know in VBA how to detect whether any printers are installed. If no printer is installed then bypass my printer setup code? Hi An error message is generated when you try and print with no printer. I Googled this group and found this code from Tom Ogilvy which you might be able to adapt. I don't know how you catch the error witho...

Macro to lock VBA project
Hello Is it possible to have a macro that will: 1. under VBA project properties lock project for viewing 2. open input box to input password to view project properties. 3. save file /or prompt to save as. So in other words after you open vba project and play woth macros, work on file etc, one could just click a button and a input box to input password to lock VBA project would be opened. Afeter you input it the input box closes and saves the file or prompts save as if it is not saved yet? I tried to google it and record it but no luck... Anyone? Thank you Excel's VBA doesn't supp...

lock code in excel EX(hyperlinks)
I HAVE MADE A SMALL PROGRAM AN NEED TO LOCK ALL CODED LINKS AND BE ABLE TO CLEAR PAGE THANKS FROM IAN ...

Graceful Method Of Making Single Record Non-Editable?
I've got a continuous list subform. One of the rows is identified by !IsBuyDependent=True. I want this row, but none of the others tb non-editable. My best shot so far is: -------------------------------------- Private Sub txtResetDate_Enter() With Me If .txtIsBuyDependent = True Then Beep .txtDummy.SetFocus End If End With End Sub ------------------------------------- Where .txtDummy is an unbound field with .BackStyle and .BorderStyle = Transparent; ..TabStop=False - sitting over top of a percent label on the same line. Screen snap at http://tinyurl.com/37m...

Accessing fields on Record Source without putting them on form/subform
I have a database designed to maintain family membership information. I have a mainform and subform. The subform draws data from tbl_family, which contains fields - household_id, family_member_id, and relationship plus others. Please note that Head of Household (coded AA) is one of the selections for Relationship field. On subform, each time the user selects a different person to be the Head of Household, the relationships for all family members reset to blank, except the one person just selected for head of household. Here is my working codes: ************ Private Sub cboRe...

Add Records Sequentially with DMAX
Where is the proper place in my form to add the following Area Table CostCodeLast3 CostCode 1000 001 10-001 1100 001 11-001 1200 001 12-001 002 12-002 003 12-003 I want the next cost code to pop up after I enter the area in a new record. I know how to combine the last 3 with the first 2 numbers of the area. I don't know how to make the code select the next last 3 for area. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Dan,...