Receivable transactions using Integration Manager

Hi,

I'm new to Integration manager and while trying to import receivable
transactions of type "invoice" into Great Plains using Integration Manager, I
receive the following errors:

ERROR: Field 'Customer ID' does not have a default value.
ERROR: Field 'Distribution.Distribution Account' does not have a default
value.

I am using a tab delimited text file for import.
Customer Id is of the format 000001
Distr. Account is of the format 9999-999-99-99-99

Can anyone help me with this.

Check each one of your mapping and make sure it says 'use source' and then
tell it which field in the source represents the fields.  The fields may show
up more than just once.

"Jacob Raymond" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Integration manager and while trying to import receivable
> transactions of type "invoice" into Great Plains using Integration Manager, I
> receive the following errors:
>
> ERROR: Field 'Customer ID' does not have a default value.
> ERROR: Field 'Distribution.Distribution Account' does not have a default
> value.
>
> I am using a tab delimited text file for import.
> Customer Id is of the format 000001
> Distr. Account is of the format 9999-999-99-99-99
>
> Can anyone help me with this.
0
LeslieVail (702)
11/12/2007 2:35:39 PM
Hi Leslie,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I found out what the problem was and it may
help others who face similar errors while using Integration Manager.

 Even though all the customer codes in the text file matched the ones in GP,
there were about 1200 blank records between a few stray entries at the bottom
of the text file with invalid customer codes. These went undetected due to
the 1200 blank records and caused the error. I noticed these by scrolling to
the bottom of the text file.

Regards.

Jacob

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> Check each one of your mapping and make sure it says 'use source' and then
> tell it which field in the source represents the fields.  The fields may show
> up more than just once.
>
> "Jacob Raymond" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm new to Integration manager and while trying to import receivable
> > transactions of type "invoice" into Great Plains using Integration Manager, I
> > receive the following errors:
> >
> > ERROR: Field 'Customer ID' does not have a default value.
> > ERROR: Field 'Distribution.Distribution Account' does not have a default
> > value.
> >
> > I am using a tab delimited text file for import.
> > Customer Id is of the format 000001
> > Distr. Account is of the format 9999-999-99-99-99
> >
> > Can anyone help me with this.
Yep, that'll do it!  Thanks for posting your resolution - it helps us all.
This is just one of the reasons I do not like using Excel to create text
files. The stripping off of leading zeros is another all-time favorite of
mine.

Thanks!

"Jacob Raymond" wrote:

> Hi Leslie,
>
> Thanks for the prompt reply. I found out what the problem was and it may
> help others who face similar errors while using Integration Manager.
>
>  Even though all the customer codes in the text file matched the ones in GP,
> there were about 1200 blank records between a few stray entries at the bottom
> of the text file with invalid customer codes. These went undetected due to
> the 1200 blank records and caused the error. I noticed these by scrolling to
> the bottom of the text file.
>
> Regards.
>
> Jacob
>
> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
>
> > Check each one of your mapping and make sure it says 'use source' and then
> > tell it which field in the source represents the fields.  The fields may show
> > up more than just once.
> >
> > "Jacob Raymond" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm new to Integration manager and while trying to import receivable
> > > transactions of type "invoice" into Great Plains using Integration Manager, I
> > > receive the following errors:
> > >
> > > ERROR: Field 'Customer ID' does not have a default value.
> > > ERROR: Field 'Distribution.Distribution Account' does not have a default
> > > value.
> > >
> > > I am using a tab delimited text file for import.
> > > Customer Id is of the format 000001
> > > Distr. Account is of the format 9999-999-99-99-99
> > >
> > > Can anyone help me with this.
0
LeslieVail (702)

Receipt not in Item Transaction Inquiry
I have a client that uses project accounting. They have received against a purchase order. The receipt shows up in the Purchase Receipts Inquiry, but does not show up in the Item Transaction Inquiry. What could be causing this? ...

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

how many receivers i can add

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Using INDIRECT within functions

How to use count for calls per hour

Integration Transactions Pls help
Can anyone let me know how much time does the integration manager takes to upload a 10,000 lines(SOP) into GP There are two methods of importing SOP transactions. One uses the SQL optimized adapter and one does not. The method used depends upon the data you would need to map. There are some fields and business logic not available with the SQL adapter. But, assuming you are using the SQL adapter, you should be able to import 10,000 transactions in about 60 minutes or less. If you are using the other one, start it and go home for the night. It will take hours. If you have some reso...

SOP Sales Transaction Entry Window
Dear Folks, I have noticed that i couldn't choose/select a salesman Id from Sales Transaction Entry Window (Transactions-> Sales -> Sales Transaction Entry). In my case for every Invoice i have to select a Diffierent Sales man ID. Could any one help me how can i enable this. BUT IT IS AVAILABLE IN Transaction Entry Window which we use without inventory module (Transactions-> Sales -> Transaction Entry Window) Awaiting for your favourable feedback. You can find that field by clicking on the customer number expansion button to the right of the customer number field. Thi...

Anyone use Promys CRM software integrated with GP Dynamics?
Our company is considering using Promys as a CRM to create quotes and sales orders for the sales team. I am concerned about the integration with GP and what the pitfalls may be. Is anyone here currently using Promys with GP Dynamics? ...

Hi All, I'm creating a form that allows the user to pick a txt file (dialog) and then display the path and contents on the form. The code has been cobbled together as I found the pieces that worked, so bear with. I got the file picker working and displaying the file name on the form, but the file contents won't display. I had a feeling the problem had to do with importing a namespace (see the error in the code when I tried "Imports System.IO") or with a missing reference. Using Access 2003. References: VB for Apps, MS Access 11 Obj Lib, OLE Auto, MS V...

Can't use openURL or access internet on some locations
I have previously raised a question where openUrl threw an exception in a specific office location. However the problem I have now is that the application just freeze when I call openURL. It seems as it is waiting for something. This only happens at one company so far the company does have a proxy but so do I at work and I have no problems. I have also tried the Microsoft TEAR sample and it behaves the exact same way, it says "Opening internet...Connection made" and then it just stops. If I run it on my computer it gets the webpage and everything finishes ok. I have tried to set t...

Downloaded transactions assigned incorrect payee
Money 2003 Delux is auto-assigning the wrong payee to transactions that are downloaded from my bank. Money is using the last payee in the list (prior to downloading new transactions) and assigning that payee to all new transactions. Is this some sort of "productivity" feature that I can turn off (I'd prefer to shoot it in the head), or is it a bug or data file corruption? Cheers, Scott ...

Parameters to open SO Manager with your credentials automatically?
Does anyone know of either shortcut target line parameters that would cause you to automatically log in with a specific user/password combo; or even a command prompt parameter? Thanks! ...