Receivable Document Date

I noticed for a past transaction that a receivable was post dated while the
posting date was the correct date.  What is the best way to correct this?
Can I do this through the database?
0
lynn1 (103)

Lynn,

The best way to do this is to void the original transaction and re-
enter it.  This will provide a complete audit trail.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
8/8/2008 3:31:55 AM
What is your Posting Setup? Is it "Post To GL" or "Post Thru' GL"?

In case of "Post To GL", it is possible as the posting of Receivable could
be in a past date and that would have generated a GL Journal. And this GL
Journal could have been posted later.

I am not sure about the scenario exactly, but above is an assumption. I also
wonder why would you want to change it anyways. Details with respect to your
Business Requirements would help us giving you more precise answer.

--
Regards,
Vaidy

"Lynn" wrote:

> I noticed for a past transaction that a receivable was post dated while the
> posting date was the correct date.  What is the best way to correct this?
> Can I do this through the database?
0
Vaidy (155)
8/8/2008 3:41:00 AM
Follow Franks rule.  Void and re-enter.  There are too many places and to
many "if you do it this way" to be sure you hit them all in the db.

Can you, yes.  Just because you can, does not mean you should.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Vaidy" wrote:

> What is your Posting Setup? Is it "Post To GL" or "Post Thru' GL"?
>
> In case of "Post To GL", it is possible as the posting of Receivable could
> be in a past date and that would have generated a GL Journal. And this GL
> Journal could have been posted later.
>
> I am not sure about the scenario exactly, but above is an assumption. I also
> wonder why would you want to change it anyways. Details with respect to your
> Business Requirements would help us giving you more precise answer.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Vaidy
>

> "Lynn" wrote:
>
> > I noticed for a past transaction that a receivable was post dated while the
> > posting date was the correct date.  What is the best way to correct this?
> > Can I do this through the database?
0
info4071 (3004)

How do i insert a page from another publisher document?
I really need to know how i can copy/cut/move/insert a page from another publisher document to the one i am using? Jamie <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I really need to know how i can copy/cut/move/insert a page from > another publisher document to the one i am using? In the source document, go to the page you want. Deselect all objects. Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C. In the destination document, insert a new blank page. Ctrl+V. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Receiving Code 646 when installing KB978382, KB978380, & KB979895
Windows update is failing to successfully install the updates KB978382, KB978380, & KB979895. The error code received is Code 646, on my Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 2) PC. Scans of the Help forums seems to indicated to solve the problem, I can simply download and install the update manually, but this does not determine the original problem. I want to resolve this issue so Windows can update automatically and I don't need to interfere. I attempted an install after disabling my firewall software on both the PC and Wireless Router, but this was not successful either. Is ...

CRM 3.0
I have been struggling with getting our CRM 3.0 system customized for several weeks and this newsgroup has been an excellent source of reference. However, I'm having to use this as my primary reference resource because Microsoft has shipped CRM without much in the way of documentation. Does anyone know where you can find actual, comprehensive documentation on actually getting this product customized and set up? The Implementation Guide is weak - anyone who's read it knows that it lobs out concepts without any real "meat" to back it up with specific details on how to i...

HELP: Email body is deleted when i receive voting buttons response
Hi All, Whenever I vote using voting buttons, Email body gets deleted when the voting response is sent. So for eg: If I have enabled voting buttons and asked to vote on something from person xyz, the person xyz votes "accept" or "reject" and the email body is deleted when I receive the vote response email. Is there a solution for this? I want the email body to stay when I receive the voting responses. Thanks in advance. ...

Tutorials/Resources on how to make a Word Document 508 Accessable
Hello All; I have a document in Word that I need to make 508 accessable because I work for a fedeeral agency. I am ultimately going to convert it to acrobat format but I hear it is much better to make the doc ument accessable in Word rather than waitng until it is in Acrobat. I also found this to be true because converting tables in acrobat format is a complicated task that I have still not ben able to figure out. So ... can anyone lead me to some good tutorials/resources on how to make a Word Document accessable so when I convert it to Acrobat, the Acrobat file can be read ...

email being sent but not being received
I am using Win7 with Outlook 2007. Comcast is my provider. My computer is about four months old. I can receive e-mails fine but when I send, they are recorded in the sent folder but they are not being received by anyone. I called Comcast and they can't figure it out since everything is working on their end. I have deleted the e-mail account and reset it both manually and let the computer set it. it works for about a week then won't work. I am testing this daily with my Live.com account. HELP!! Outlook was working fine until about a month ago. Are you sure t...

receiving virus messages on word 2004 for mac documents in Entourage
The virus Exploit-1Table was found in eHGT_transplant ad.doc. The attachment eHGT_transplant ad.doc was removed. anyone have any ideas. i've already contacted apple with no luck. In article <1190128669.393643.134830@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, "weil052061@gmail.com" <jweil@ehgt.com> wrote: > The virus Exploit-1Table was found in eHGT_transplant ad.doc. > The attachment eHGT_transplant ad.doc was removed. > > anyone have any ideas. i've already contacted apple with no luck. What ideas are you looking for? You apparently were sent a Word docu...

Sum values that precede todays date
I am trying to find a way to sum the values of payments made to date? eg Date Payment 01/01/2007 10 01/02/2007 12 01/03/2007 11 01/04/2007 10 01/05/2007 10 01/06/2007 23 01/07/2007 10 01/08/2007 10 01/09/2007 10 01/10/2007 10 SUM 116 So if it was today it would sum all values preceding the figure for July? Is there an easy way to do this using a formula? I have tried using the offset and match formula but then i can't get it to sum all previous payments. Many thanks for your help Jody =SUMIF(A:A,"<="&TODAY(),B:B) -- HTH Bob (the...

Display Current Date
Ok, I must be thick - how do I get a spreadsheet to display the curren date Peter -- Peter ----------------------------------------------------------------------- PeterG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1648 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31969 Hi Peter you can use a FUNCTION, which will, of course, recalculate (ie tomorrow it will show tomorrow's date) =TODAY() or you can enter the date via the shortcut key combination of Ctrl & ; Control and semi-colon Cheers JulieD "PeterG" <Pete...

Checkboxs Move in Document
I have a spreadsheet that I have created checkboxes in. When I view the document in Print View mode the checkboxes move. Also, when I print the document the checkboxes move from the original location. I'm not sure why. Any explaination that you can give me would be great. I'm using Word XP and Windows XP. I created the checkboxes by using the Forms toolbar and selecting checkbox. I don't want them to move. Thanks in advance for help you can give me. Sherry http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in...

Forcing a specific date format
I've set the date format within the cells to appear as dd-mon-yy (12-Oct-05)....Doesn't excel automatically change an entry entered as Oct 12 2005 to 12-Oct-05? If it is supposed to do that, why are my cells not automatically reformatting to the syntax I want? -- Thanks, Diane Likely because it should be dd-mmm-yy, not dd-mon-yy. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "DianeMcP" <DianeMcP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:398A0EC3-5420-416B-99EB-B69CCFF6695A@microsoft.com... > I've set the date format within the cells to appear as ...

How do I convert a number formated as a date to text in Excel?
I need to convert several columns of dates in excel to text. When I simply use the format cells command to reformat the cells to text, it first converts the date back to the underlying number then converts it to text. Hope I'm being clear here. Example - the date as viewed on the screen is Mon (Monday). When I convert it to text I get 38446. I want "Mon", in text format. Thanks! Brother, I think only a macro could convert your date to text. Perhaps if you tell us why you need it in actual text, there are other solutions. Perhaps -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitt...

Rotate timeline dates
Hi, Posted this question before but no reply upto now. Difficult question ;-)? Or ... a stupid question :-(. How to rotate the dates on a time line bar by 90 degrees (left or right)? In my attempts, the dates are unreadable because they overlap. I will overlook the proper command. Mvg, Frans ...

Can I insert hyperlink pictures into a document (to not use link)
I am using Doxygen which creates pictures and in its RTF format has links to those pictures. I want to have a document (will convert to WORD 2007) that has the pictures in it NOT the links. If each picture is saved as a separate graphics file (.jpg, .tif, .bmp, whatever), then you can simply browse to them and Insert them. On Mar 11, 12:48=A0pm, pmcg <p...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Doxygen which creates pictures and in its RTF format has links= to > those pictures. I want to have a document (will convert to WORD 2007) tha= t > has the pictur...

adding date in excel
I would like to know how to add a year to a date. If a persons date o birth is 14/11/1976 and he would retire from service at the age of 55. I woul like to add 55 years to his date of birth 14/11/1976 + 55. How would do this calculation. fero -- ferozm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ferozms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1956 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47699 On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:49:38 -0500, ferozms <ferozms.1x2mma_1129593901.0375@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Messages not received
I have XP and am using Outlook. Some of my emails are getting to recipients and some are not. There seems to be no determining factor as to why some get through and others do not. Any ideas? ...

Date Format #8
I have a column of dates in the format xx.yy.zzzz. I want them to be displayed as the format xx/yy/zzzz. The cell format custom option does not convert the date from one to the other. How can I do this? "Ron Cardy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FBF5040-4011-4966-8FBE-F22F70CF63B6@microsoft.com... > I have a column of dates in the format xx.yy.zzzz. I want them to be displayed as the format xx/yy/zzzz. The cell format custom option does not convert the date from one to the other. How can I do this? At the moment, you actually have text strings...

why does outlook stop send&receive with vista, have to restart?
I run Office 2007 with windows vista. Frequently my outlook stops functioning, messages stay in the outbox and send and receive do not work. I exit the application but have to start task manager because outlook.exe continues to run. When I close that and reopen all works fine again for a time. Any ideas please? Regards, Peter xpjnewtonx@ntlworld.com I have the same problem! My internet provider told me that the outbox is corrupted and I have to contact Microsoft office to tell me how to fix this problem! But, I don't know how to contact them. Each time I log on to the ...

Outlook Send/receive problem #2
After working properly sending and auto-receiving email, my Outlook 2003 stopped receiving (downloading)my email (both auto and manually). I followed the help instructions, but that did not fix the problem. Advice please. Thanx ...

outlook 2002 hyperlinks in received e-mail
When I open an e-mail with a link to a website and click the link, I get the windows explorer box opening with the following message "the path 'mconner' does not exist or is not a directory" How do I correct this problem so I can access the links in my e-mail? I'm running windows xp ...

Typing int a scanned document
How do I type text into a scanned picture or text file? It can be done a couple of different ways. May I ask what your end purpose is? Some ways are better/more appropriate than others depending on what you're trying to do. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Baddaddy" <Baddaddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84F13CB8-D879-459B-9DE8-A4B466C1BB14@microsoft.com... > How do I type text into a scanned picture or text file? Put the scanned image on the Master Page (ctrl+m), use text boxes on the publication page for the fill-ins. -- ...

Problem with wizard generated Active Document Container/Server
Hi, I posted the following in the vc.mfcole group, but that group seems kinda dead, so now I try to post it here instead.... If I create an active document server that is also a container through the wizard, it doesn't seem to be working correctly. If you run the standard wizard generated project and insert the server/container in itself twice (to get an instance that is acting as a container and server at the same time), it is unable to shut down. It gives an assert in oleipfrm.cpp (line 97 in VS.NET 2003 and line 94 in the VS2005beta2). The problem is the same even if I use a...

Print sales document while Posting
I might have disabled this feature in GP 8.0. Now I cant seem to remember where and how to enable "Printing a Sales document (invoice/order etc.) while posting". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Surendra I'm not familiar with this functionality in any version of Great Plains. It is not a piece of functionality I would recommend because you need to be able to correct mistakes before you post them. There are too many things that can go wrong while printing that you should have a way to fix without voiding and starting over. "Surendra" wrote: &g...

Date changes when copied
I've got an excel file where all the dates were changed. The cell format is "Date (14-mar-98)". Funny thing, if I try to copy a cell on another worksheet in another workbook with the same cell format, the data will change. Les say you have 01-Dec-03, it'll change to 30-Nov-99 in the new workbook! Ok, if you follow me, here is another one. You know that if you change a "date" cell format into "general"... the data inside that cell will give you a number (try it if you've never done it). So 01-Dec-03 on the corrupt file gives 36494 when the cell format...

how do I attach files but not within the document
I want to atach severeal files to a report. I don't want them within the report but want to reference them so the reader can see them. Any help? Have you considered using hyperlinks? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "DLW" <DLW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F22E824-3BB2-437E-BC30-E08983478E9C@microsoft.com... >I want to atach severeal files to a report. I don't want them within the > report but want to reference them so the reader can see them. Any help? ...