Re-creating Great Plains Database Objects

Hi All,

I just recovered data from corrupt Great Plains mdf files for GP 8.0 and
imported to the newly created databases (Dynamics and the Company), I want to
recreate sps,Functions,rules and views that came out of the box during the
initial installation.

I tried using the Great Plains utility tool ,it pickups up the database but
I am failing to run the special Upgrade feature.

Any ideas folks?
--

"The Best thing in life is life"
0

Ibutho,

If this is already a corrupted environment, the best thing to do is scratch
that installation and start over. Drop all GP databases on your SQL Server
and uninstall GP 8.0. Then, install GP 8.0 and let it recreate all the
objects.

What I would do in turn with the recovered databases is rename them, then
use SQL Server DTS to import all configurations and transactions back into
the newly and freshly created databases.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Ibutho" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I just recovered data from corrupt Great Plains mdf files for GP 8.0 and
> imported to the newly created databases (Dynamics and the Company), I want to
> recreate sps,Functions,rules and views that came out of the box during the
> initial installation.
>
> I tried using the Great Plains utility tool ,it pickups up the database but
> I am failing to run the special Upgrade feature.
>
> Any ideas folks?
> --
>
> "The Best thing in life is life"
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
10/23/2008 8:21:01 PM
Ibutho,

Newly created databases should already have all the needed objects to run
GP, what you only need is to fill your old transactions which not are an easy
task for sure!

Importing those transactions directly to GP is totally unsafe, the actions
you should perform right now is to recreate a new GP company and reintegrate
your transactions using Integration Manager or Macro’s.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Ibutho" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I just recovered data from corrupt Great Plains mdf files for GP 8.0 and
> imported to the newly created databases (Dynamics and the Company), I want to
> recreate sps,Functions,rules and views that came out of the box during the
> initial installation.
>
> I tried using the Great Plains utility tool ,it pickups up the database but
> I am failing to run the special Upgrade feature.
>
> Any ideas folks?
> --
>
> "The Best thing in life is life"
Mariano and Mohammad ,Thank you guys for your input.

I will give it a shot. Thanks.
--

"Mohammad Daoud" wrote:

> Ibutho,
>
> Newly created databases should already have all the needed objects to run
> GP, what you only need is to fill your old transactions which not are an easy
> task for sure!
>
> Importing those transactions directly to GP is totally unsafe, the actions
> you should perform right now is to recreate a new GP company and reintegrate
> your transactions using Integration Manager or Macro’s.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Software Development Manager
> +962 - 79 - 999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
>

> "Ibutho" wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I just recovered data from corrupt Great Plains mdf files for GP 8.0 and
> > imported to the newly created databases (Dynamics and the Company), I want to
> > recreate sps,Functions,rules and views that came out of the box during the
> > initial installation.
> >
> > I tried using the Great Plains utility tool ,it pickups up the database but
> > I am failing to run the special Upgrade feature.
> >
> > Any ideas folks?
> > --
> >
> > "The Best thing in life is life"
0
Ibutho (23)

How to create tent cards with a mail merge
I am a meeting planner and I have a list of 300+ clients that routinely need tent cards. I have a list in excel that I merge from. However, when I do it now, each name takes up two pages. So if I only wanted to print Dr. So and So's tent card, I would have to select "print" pages 1 & 2. Isn't there a way to have a mirror page or something instead of it's own page? Can you kind of explain this better. Do you want the doctor's name on both sides of the card? Do you want to print only the doctor's card? What size are the tent cards? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MV...

Re: Mailbox Rights
You seem to know very well about this. I found this artical on Microsoft Technet so I announced to my Management that it works and I can give read rights to the users from exchange server. And am still trying to figure out the answer or way to escape from what I can not do. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3AdminGuide/a7de9bbd-54b5-45b7-8421-b32dad648654.mspx According to this link on Technet Microsoft misguides Tech users like me. Idid confirm from Microsoft that it does not work. You're absolutely right about it. But is there any solution at all that I ...

Newly created user and mailbox!
When I create a new user and also create a new email address for that user, the email address is never generated, and I can't open the mailbox logging in as that user, even though the exchange task allows me to move or delete the mailbox. Can anyone help me. Ultimately, I can not create any new mailboxes that work. On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 07:45:25 -0700, "Dewayne Martin" <dmartin@metalpowderproducts.com> wrote: >When I create a new user and also create a new email >address for that user, the email address is never >generated, and I can't open the mailbox ...

BCP import error
I am getting this error during a BCP import, and since the file is not large, I determined that there are 2 rows with the same key, but 1 is in lower case, and the other all upper case. How can I define the column identified as the primary key to be case sensitive? thanks, Dave Assuming your PK column is a VARCHAR or other character data type column, you could try changing the table's and column's collation to a case-sensitive collation and see if that does it for you. Doing that may cause other issues for you. Anywhere that column is used, it would probably need to be ...

create dynamic range for chart
Hello, I want to export data from Excel, perform some calculations on it, and then link the data to an Excel chart. Although the exported data has a named range with it, the area where I've done calculations doesn't have a dynamic named range. It's the calculated area that I want my chart to reference. How can the chart reference only the dimensions of the calculated area that correspond to the variable dimensions of the exported data? Hi You create yourself dynamic ranges (Insert.Name.Define) for chart data series - like any dynamic ranges. Just remember for chart you must ...

Why does Excel automatically create a temporary Word archive file.
Each time I 'save as' MS Excel saves an additional file in my folder which has archive properties and also tags it as temporary. I would like to eliminate this additional file from the saving process. How is this done? That is by design and cannot be turned off -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Perplexed" <Perplexed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB08DB1A-BF6B-48AE-81E4-6B0383D36455@microsoft.com... > Each time I 'save as' MS Excel saves an additional file in my folder which > has archive properties and also tags it as temporary. I would ...

Can Excel 2008 open an xml file from and online database
In the past Excel for the Macintosh has not had the capability of opening in a spreadsheet format xml files which come from online databases. Has this changed in Office 2008? Excel for windows has no difficulty with this process. It depends on the XML :-) XML is a "language". Whether Excel can make sense of it or not depends upon what the languages "says". If you have the correct XSLT installed, then yes, Excel should be able to read whatever you throw at it. You need to find out from the author of the database which XSLT they are using, and possibly obtain the DTD a...

CRM Outlook Client Install Failure on MS SQL Server MSDE database
While installing CRM Outlook Client for laptop on a user's laptop I got the following error with the CRM System Requirements checklist and I can not contiue the installation. Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (MSDE) database Select Details shows: Microsoft CRM Environment Diagnostics Wizards The 'SQLOLEDB provider is not registered on the local machine. No error information available: REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG(0x80041054). Does anyone have a solution? Jon ...

Creating a Database with Macros
I have a folder of files each of which are an excel macro form and ar serialized (serial number is the file name as well). I want to tak all of these files and 5-10 cells of information from them and compil them into a database. I think I need to use macros but am unfamilia with how to go about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, d -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Collection object fails within class
I'm creating a wrapper class for a collection object, mainly so I can test whether a given records exists. I'm baffled as to why I'm getting "Invalid procedure or argument" in the exists function when I try to extract the value, whether it actually exists or not. I've tried collection.item and collection(item), same result. BTW, the values are numbers that I convert to strings. Option Compare Database Option Explicit 'this class object extends the collection object to include an 'exists' boolean function Private colStatus As VBA.Collection Private S...

re-activation code
I've had to reformat my hard drive due to a virus and i do not have the product activation code. How do I retreive it? It's on your disk. If you ordered the download version from Digital River, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811224 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49E05885-7AAD-46B4-BA06-9903259FD0BC@microsoft.com... > I've had to reformat my hard drive due to a virus and i do not have the > product a...

how can i create a leaflet in publisher
How do i crete a leaflet that folds, two folds, three pages, six counting the backs as well. and how do i change what page i look at. In Publisher 2000 it's; File New The Wizard comes up, select Brochures. -- Don Vancouver, USA "C" <C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AA87D44-A572-4CA3-AB9D-79D46A699EFD@microsoft.com... > How do i crete a leaflet that folds, two folds, three pages, six counting > the > backs as well. > and how do i change what page i look at. > ...

How does one create a custom Menu on the Menu Bar in Word 7?
It was quite simple in Word 2003 via Tools Customize. There is no Menu Bar in Word 2007, only the Ribbon, and the only customization permitted is of the QAT. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "kaoinla" <kaoinla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9590384-4E4F-48BB-9764-4B360724D3AB@microsoft.com... > It was quite simple in Word 2003 via Tools Customize. > That's a bit sweeping? - http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm and http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Cus...

can every object be serialized even with referenced object within in a complex scenario
Hi! If I have an object A that reference B and object B reference C and a lot of built-in types and some user defined struct will object A be able to be serialized to a file ? My second question: Does it exist object that can't be serialized ? //Tony Tony Johansson wrote: > Hi! > > If I have an object A that reference B and object B reference C > and a lot of built-in types and some user defined struct will object A be > able to be serialized to a file ? > > My second question: Does it exist object that can't be serialized ? > >...

Re-Help finding duplicates
Someone here a few years ago posted the formula/process to find duplicate data so it could be sorted then deleted. Here is my situation: Report a b c d e 1 yellow 5 b 7 2 yellow 6 c 9 3 yellow 5 d 9 4 blue 1 w 8 5 blue 5 m 8 6 yellow 1 m 9 The process that was posted was to add a formula in column e to enter an "X" any time data in column a was a duplicate. So the result would have placed an "X in e2, e3, e5, and e6 - looked like...

=?iso-8859-9?Q?Re:_SBS_2003_Exchange_Mailbox_Storage_Limit_hatas=FD?=
See IMI Mailbox Statistics for Microsoft Exchange Server from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imims.htm > "murat" <murat@murat.com> wrote in message > news:5991ECA6-8ADC-49FA-85CD-B8A54339BE2F@microsoft.com... >> Arkada�lar merhaba, >> >> Rahats�zl�k i�in afedersiniz, ancak bir sorunum var. >> >> Yard�mc� olabilecek arkada��m varsa sevinirim. >> >> Sorun �u; >> >> �irket b�nyesinde SBS2003 var. Exchange de kullan�c�lar�n mailbox >> kapasitelerini en fazla 2 gb kadar y�kseltebiliyorum ancak �uan...

Corrupt database
When I start my Money application, I get the message that=20 the file is corrupted. I=B4ve installed Super Salvage, and=20 have tried to use the command msmoney -s. It asks for the=20 original password, it recognizes the password, but does=20 not open the file. When using the Super Salvage, I get the=20 message "It is to deeply broken" in Level 2, but in quick=20 mode (level 1) it goes all the way. My problem started with an energy failure. My Money file=20 that was 30 Mbytes, was now with 0Kbytes. I ran the=20 scandisk and made 2 files that was my moneyfile.mny and=20 moneyfile.ldb ...

Great Plains 8.0 y CRM
Hi, There is any issue to know about GP 8.0 and CRM installation, both in the same server? LIke security, performance... something like that... Thanks a lot. -- Evelin. ...

Money 2004 on Vista
I installed Windows Vista Home Premium several months ago. I recently had to re-install Vista and Money 2004 to get around issues caused by a hardware upgrade. I had been using Money 2004 with no problems at all on Vista before the re-install. Following the re-install of Vista, almost every time I start Money I get the following error. When I look in the folder, my Money file is not there but there is a TMP file with a create date of every time I've closed Money and my backup file. I recover the backup file and everything is fine again until I close Money. A new TMP file is cr...

Sluggishness in MDB file after database migration
Hello: We have an access database in the office that was sitting on server 1 and being shared by at most 5-7 users at the same time over a domain. Server 1 is old and we are looking to slowly retire it so we moved everything to a newer more powerful server 2 (including this database). However, it seems that whenever I shutdown server 1 in order to see if there are any users still accessing server 1 materials, I noticed this file (now resides on server 2) experiences very slow, sluggish responses when opening a table inside the database. The table will eventually open, but at about 1/2 ...

Turn off Outlook creating a new version when an E-mail is edited
In my Outlook 2003, whenever I edit and save an E-mail, say to remove a large attachment after copying it to my hard drive, it creates a new version of the E-mail instead of changing the original. How can I turn this of? I think I'm seeing the same issue...I keep my deleted items folder empty on a pretty regular basis but I continually find "ghost" email records and other items that don't have anything on them. Is this what you are experiencing as well? (odd about the screen names ) {:0) "Craigster" wrote: > In my Outlook 2003, whenever I edit ...

Can use some help w/ Internet / Object Close
I am using a form to direct users of my db to a website with the code below. I want to hide the form when they go to the internet and unhide when they close it. How can this be done, detect when the object is closed? Set Newsite =3D CreateObject("InternetExplorer.application") Newsite.Visible =3D True Newsite.FullScreen =3D True =91hide the form here Newsite.AddressBar =3D False Newsite.Navigate https://url Unhide form here when object is closed/on fire quit Thank You... hi Spero, Spero wrote: > I am using a form to direct users of my db to a website with ...

Re: new newsgroupes and how to acctivate my windows mail account
"martin" <spaceman1466@google.com> wrote in message news:... > ...

VBA to bring up database window
Access Newbie VBA beginner On Startup, I've got the database window hidden. I've got a splash screen with a Close Form button on it. When user clicks on the Close Form button, I would like the splash screen to close, AND have the database window come up - same as hitting the F11 key. Is this doable? Private Sub closeForm3_Click() On Error GoTo Err_closeForm3_Click DoCmd.Close Exit_closeForm3_Click: Exit Sub Err_closeForm3_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_closeForm3_Click End Sub James Sweet. That works like a charm. Thanks! "mray29" <mr...

Chinese Language support for Great Plains 8?
I know Great Plains does not support double byte yet, but MS SQL server does.W e're looking to see if it is possible to setup SQL Server to support Chinese Character Code Page, and have Chinese characters display on the Great Plains 8 form fields as well as report fields. Are there any updates or fixes that we can use to enable MBS GP to do this? Thanks ...