Raw Material Where USed Report??

When we running SBF, we had a Where USed report telling us where a particular
raw material was used(finished good assembly). We can't seem to find this
report in GP 10. We do have the BOM module.

Thanks,
Dick at VPI

Assuming you mean that you are utilizing the BOM feature from the
Manufacturing module (and not Inventory), then the "Where Used" functionality
is contained within the BOM Entry window (Cards >> Manufacturing >> Bill of
Materials).

Two radio buttons exist just above the pane at the bottom left of the window
where the BOM tree view appears.  One of them is "Bill of Material" while the
other one is "Where Used".  The window is a bit quirky in that you have to
select an existing BOM to "open" the radio buttons.  I usually just select
one of the left/right arrows at the bottom right to grab the first BOM.

Once you've done this, you can key a raw material item in the Item Number
field and then change the radio button to "Where Used".  This will show the
parent assembly for each subassembly or raw material keyed in the Item Number
field.

Hope this helps!

David

"Dick at VPI" wrote:

> When we running SBF, we had a Where USed report telling us where a particular
> raw material was used(finished good assembly). We can't seem to find this
> report in GP 10. We do have the BOM module.
>
> Thanks,
> Dick at VPI
I can't find that report either Dick.  I know that not all features in
SBF are available in GP (go figure!) so perhaps this is one that
isn't.  The Where Used David is referring to is for the Manufacturing
BOM, not the Inventory BOM, which are two different animals.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
8/3/2010 12:36:24 PM
thanks for the  replies. This was a very important report  to the owner of
the firm. He is going to be one unhappy camper if I have to tell him he paid
more for a "bigger" GP version and didn't even get a "where used" report..

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> I can't find that report either Dick.  I know that not all features in
> SBF are available in GP (go figure!) so perhaps this is one that
> isn't.  The Where Used David is referring to is for the Manufacturing
> BOM, not the Inventory BOM, which are two different animals.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>
> get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
>

> .

I think that would be a pretty easy report to create in Crystal or
SSRS if you find it's not available otherwise.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
8/4/2010 12:47:28 PM
Can't you just go into Cards - MFG - Bill of Materials. find your item -
change the radio button to Where Used and then Print?

"Dick at VPI" wrote:

> thanks for the  replies. This was a very important report  to the owner of
> the firm. He is going to be one unhappy camper if I have to tell him he paid
> more for a "bigger" GP version and didn't even get a "where used" report..
>

> "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:
>
> > I can't find that report either Dick.  I know that not all features in
> > SBF are available in GP (go figure!) so perhaps this is one that
> > isn't.  The Where Used David is referring to is for the Manufacturing
> > BOM, not the Inventory BOM, which are two different animals.
> >
> > Frank Hamelly
> > MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> > East Coast Dynamics
> > www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
> >
> > get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
> >

> > .

WE do not have the manufacturing modules--only the Bill of MAterial for
Inventory. I finally located the report under Inventory/Reports/Setup..
Eotyher it came with Bill of MAterial Setup or it Came over from SBF..Which I
think is the case bvecause when I opened it, there were some previously
entered parmameter arguments..

film at 11

"Martink" wrote:

> Can't you just go into Cards - MFG - Bill of Materials. find your item -
> change the radio button to Where Used and then Print?
>
> "Dick at VPI" wrote:
>

> > thanks for the  replies. This was a very important report  to the owner of
> > the firm. He is going to be one unhappy camper if I have to tell him he paid
> > more for a "bigger" GP version and didn't even get a "where used" report..
> >

> > "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:
> >
> > > I can't find that report either Dick.  I know that not all features in
> > > SBF are available in GP (go figure!) so perhaps this is one that
> > > isn't.  The Where Used David is referring to is for the Manufacturing
> > > BOM, not the Inventory BOM, which are two different animals.
> > >
> > > Frank Hamelly
> > > MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> > > East Coast Dynamics
> > > www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
> > >
> > > get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
> > >

> > > .

I found the report in GP2010 as well.  This is a new install, not an
SBF migration.  Although the report doesn't appear in my system under
the Inventory Setup reports drop down list, it does appear if I choose
to list the reports using the navigation pane reports list.

I think the mystery is solved - the report is there - it's just tough
to find!

Thanks Dick.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank

sending mail using an alias email address
We are using Exchange Server 2007 with Outlook 2007 clients. I have several email addresses listed under my mail account on the Exchange Server for which I "receive" email. However, the server will not allow me to "send" email using any of these email addresses - as it only allows me to send using the primary address for my email account. I get a message saying "You are not allowed to send this message ... on behalf of another sender without permission to do so." What settings do I need to change on the Exchange Server so that it allows Outlook 2007 ...

Copying recordset multiple times using copyfromrecordset
We recently caught this issue but found out after research, that this has been occuring all year. This code worked in the past, but I am not sure if there was an Excel update that occurred which changed the behavior of the script. What we are trying to do is to have a recordset pasted twice into two seperate worksheets. It is pasting without issue in the first copyfromrecordset, but then it skips over the second paste (even when stepping through the code). I know that it is not the worksheet we are copying into because I can reverse the 'first paste/second paste' (see lab...

using parameters
I have a form which the user selects the BlockNo. The other information that is entered in the form is : 1) NoOfRecordedTrees - RT 2)NoOfSurroundingTrees - ST When the BlockNo is entered, a query runs which picks up fertiliser rates for this Block for all sectors within that block. With RT and ST - it should do a calculation such that it uses Rate/ sector * (RT+ST) to find how much fertiliser is needed for each sector in each block. I would like to add a column to the existing query showing FertiliserAmt using these parameters. How do I specify them within the query. Thanks for your great...

How to create Windows forms like in VB using VC++6?
Hi I'm newbie to VC++6 environment. I already know VB6,VB.net, C,C++ and JAVA. Now I am doing project in Directx sdk using MS-VC++ 6. I learned MFC enough to program. But I couldn't make Windows forms like VB. I have tried it using Appwizard but it so Clumsy. The Appwizard is focusing in Doc/View architecture. Now Anyone tell me how to create Windows Form Application without Doc/view Support in MS-VC++ 6............................ Any Help, Lot of thanks in advance................... itekchandru wrote: > Hi > > I'm newbie to VC++6 environment. I already know VB6,VB.n...

Uncheck "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" by default
http://www.vistax64.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1136177 Andrew;1136177 Wrote: > If I right click on a file there is usually the option to"Open with..". > Selecting this option list possible programs with which to open the > application and, below this, there is a check box labelled "always use > the > selected program to open this kind of file". The check box is always > checked, so clicking on OK permanently associates the selected program > with > the file type in question. > > However, I usually use this option to op...

Report Format

Finding all queries which use a table

Re: Using alias address
Brian Tillman wrote: > Vince <vinresp*@swhome.com> wrote: > > >>We use an exchange server at work for e-mail. I have set up an alias >>that I use for receiving mail but I wanted to use the alias for >>sending all the mail as well. I was told that it cannot be done in >>exchange but I can use a POP server. > > > I don't believe that's always true. For example, I have several accounts in > Outlook where I work, all within the same profile. Only one of those > accounts, the Exchange account, uses my work address. The ot...

Cannot delete report
Hi All, I have install the report manager sometime ago, it is working fine. Until recently we found that when i click the action menu, nothing is come out. I can't delete or rename the report. But I can add new report. Do anyone encouter this before? Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict ...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

Log ON Report Manager
Install Report Manger in the Server CRM Satisfactorily, but I have problems when I do log on to Crystal APS, I am using an account of domain administrator and it does not allow me to accesar to the APS. APS User Name: CCSGR3000\crmadmin APS password: ********* APS Server:servcrm I need Help, Thanks. The problem is with the login. Use the following: APS User Name: administrator Password: (should be blank) APS server: localhost (if it's local) I did run into a problem that Report Manager couldn't be accessed from anywhere on the network. It was an IIS configuration problem. &q...

Payables Trial Balance Report with Options
I am trying to run an A/P Trial Balance Report today that will give me the A/P balance at January 31, 2007. I keep getting the balance as as February 28, 2007. I've run the same report for A/R and am able to get the balance as at January 31, 2007. Currently using GP 9.0. With my previous employer who was also using GP 9.0, I sure that we were able to run an A/P Trial Balance report for a previous period. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I my be missing or what may be set up incorrectly? -- JR JR, The only date that you can spcify on the Aged Trial Balance With Options, ...

Display Report Header/Footer
Can somebody please give me the telephone number of the smartass MS VP who came up with the bright idea for the Ribbon so that I can call her and have her tell me how to display the Report Header & Footer in a report? Obviously, I must be an idiot because I can't figure out how to do it with this simplied, intuitive, help-ya out m***** fu***** ribbon. Oh stupid me, its under 'ARRANGE'. How idiotic of me to think that it'd under 'DESIGN' since I'm 'designing' a report as opposed to 'arrangeing' a report. "microsoft"...

Crystal Report not found on File Repository Server
I recently upgraded our MSCRM server to a new server. We don't typically use the internal CRM reports, we have some custom ones created with PowerTrack that we primarily use. The CEO tried today though to open one of the canned MSCRM reports and got this error message. I tried the others and I get it on all of them. CrystalReportViewer File frs://Input/a_063/021/000/5439/6ac34043c58b1112.rpt not found on File Repository Server. I checked the input folder in c:\program files\crystal ent 9\filestore\input and it is empty. I would have copied them from the old server, but it is ...

Creating Contacts For Accounts Using...

Scroll horizontaly with mouse, create same system used to scroll .
Hi, I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down but to scroll from left to right or vice-versa, you have to use the scroll bar or arrows and it's annoying... So, am I a millionnaire yet??? Hi Frederic, > I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for > horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work > with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down b...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

eXtender and Crystal Reports
I've created a Crystal Report to print eOne solutions eXtender fields. They store inaformation in 4 different tables: EXT00101 (String), EXT00102(Numbers), EXT00103(Date),EXT00104(Time).. I have created a View that unions all these tables - and convert them into a Varchar.. Once that is done, I've created a function called GetExtFieldValue where i pass the extender window id and field number and it returns the value for that string. This report was working fine and all of a sudden it became so slow that now it takes 7 minutes to get one record. If I delete all the data from EXT...

Outlook first use
Hi, when I open Outlook in a workstation for the first time, Outlook open setup and ask user to create a new profile. I have a utility to create profile automaticaly and this setup is deleting existing profile. Is it possible to Outlook don�t ask to create a new profile for the first time? Tks. Alex ...

Calculating Correlation using arrays
I have a sheet full of data for many products in chronological order. Column A is Date of manufacture Column B is time of manufacture Column C is the product Column D is a measurement from the automatic control system Column E contains occasional manual measurements for calibratio checks Up till now I have split the data out by grade and checked calibratio using pivot tables and also checked slope and offsets. After gainin exposure to all kinds of clever functions via this board I now wonde whether it would not be possible to automate these checks in some way ie on a separate sheet I list t...

Calculate Subreport totals in a main report Group footer
Hi all Apologies if this has been answered before but I can’t find it. I have a main Report with a Group called “Product_Category” which lists a number of “Products” in the Detail I have a Subreport named “product_costs” which has a record for each date and Text Boxes named “materials” and “fuel” (there are more but I’ll keep it simple). The Subreport sums all costs and has Text Boxes named “summaterials” and “sumfuel” in the footer (all with a height of 0.1cm) The Subreport is embedded in the Detail of the Categories and linked by Product_id In the Detail of the Main Rep...

Can Outlook 2003 use MSN Messenger INSTEAD of Windows Messenger?
I didn't get an answer to this question last week so I'm re-posting... I recently purchased a new computer (Windows XP Home Edition w/SP2) and loaded up all of the available updates to the OS, Internet Explorer, etc. Next, I installed Office 2003 Professional. I disabled Messenger integration with Outlook 2003 as discussed in other posts here. Next I installed MSN Messenger 6.2 and it seemed to run properly as a stand-alone application. So I re-enabled Messenger integration on Outlook 2003. The next time I booted up and ran Outlook, the Messenger icon appeared in the taskbar...

Online Restore using NT Backup has no edb.chk or edb.log files
I have a single site with four servers running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6a. I am using an internal 35/70 Compaq DLT. When I back up two servers at the same time using online method, I am missing the edb.log and and edb.chk files when trying to restore the db's. Is there a known issue for this? Thanks, Jim When you make online backup, you are backing up the database content perse, the logs files will be skipped because ntbackup cannot back up open files. I recomend you to adquire a third party backup software with open files and exchange database options, like Veritas to ensu...