Quick question for David (since I saw he was online earlier)

Hi David,
   Could you point me in the direction of the Microsoft Small Business
Accounting newsgroups please?  I had them in my other newsreader, but
have since lost them in this one.  And, I know they should be pretty
easy to find, but I'm having a "blind" moment.

Thanks.
Patrick.
--
Patrick Dickey <pd1ckey43@removethis.msn.com>
http://www.pats-computer-solutions.com

Patrick

I will see what I can find out for you.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Patrick Dickey" wrote:

> Hi David,
>    Could you point me in the direction of the Microsoft Small Business
> Accounting newsgroups please?  I had them in my other newsreader, but
> have since lost them in this one.  And, I know they should be pretty
> easy to find, but I'm having a "blind" moment.
>
> Thanks.
> Patrick.
> --
> Patrick Dickey <pd1ckey43@removethis.msn.com>
> http://www.pats-computer-solutions.com
> Smile..  someone out there cares deeply for you.

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
9/1/2005 7:57:01 AM
Hi Patrick - David contacted me to assist with your inquiry. I assume that
you are looking for the public SBA newsgroups. You can find links to both the
Web based newsreader as well as the NNTP group at
http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/community/newsgrouplanding.mspx

Liz Hallen
Online Experience Manager
--
This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Patrick
>
> I will see what I can find out for you.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> Escalation Engineer
> MBS Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>
> mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "Patrick Dickey" wrote:
>
> > Hi David,
> >    Could you point me in the direction of the Microsoft Small Business
> > Accounting newsgroups please?  I had them in my other newsreader, but
> > have since lost them in this one.  And, I know they should be pretty
> > easy to find, but I'm having a "blind" moment.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Patrick.
> > --
> > Patrick Dickey <pd1ckey43@removethis.msn.com>
> > http://www.pats-computer-solutions.com
> > Smile..  someone out there cares deeply for you.

0
lhallen (21)

How can I add transaction while using the online version of money
Ok... when I first bought Money several years ago and installed it on my home computer, I could then login while at work via the passport and see the information that I had entered on my home computer. If I purchased something during the day I could go online and add the transaction which was great way to know at any given moment what my TRUE balance was in my account. Now when I check my Money account online from work I can see all the information I've entered at home but now there is no way to add a new transaction other then from my home computer where I have Money installed. ...

Another Access Question
Hi Everyone, Is it possible to place the front end (forms) of an Access Databse on a web page, so that users can log on via the net and enter data into the forms. I am guessing that the front end would have to stand alone but not sure ! Any advice would be great Thanks will07 <will07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to place the front end (forms) of an Access Databse on a web >page, so that users can log on via the net and enter data into the forms. I >am guessing that the front end would have to stand alone but not sure ! Can't be done using...

lotro gold | lord of the ring online | wow | buy /sell #2
http://www.wowmmocom.com you can buy the cheapest lotro gold in our website http://www.wowmmocom.com,we'll provid you the reliable and instant delivery our msn: julieook@hotmail.com website: http://www.wowmmocom.com ...

look up question #2
I have a list of people with their system rights in the next column by group. Each person may have more than one type of right in the list as follows John Smith Edit Joe Doe Submit Cathy Dory Edit John Smith Submit As you can see above, John Smith has both edit and submit rights on this list. What I am looking for is a formula where I can look down the list of names and find all instances of John Smith and then it can tell me if John Smith ever has edit rights or ever has submit rights. What I would like it to do is return a 1 if he has edit rights a...

question about spam
How is it that spam sent to one mailbox will end up in another not mentioned in the "to" address. In other words how is it that spammers get mail destined to Bob in Jim's mailbox? In news:y9CIg.1194$Cq4.62@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net, Mostro <ovelozpleasenospammingme@glasnospampleasefloss.com> typed: > How is it that spam sent to one mailbox will end up in another not > mentioned in the "to" address. In other words how is it that > spammers get mail destined to Bob in Jim's mailbox? The BCC field. It can be used for evil as well as good. ...

Yet another Lotus macro question
I have for the most part converted to Excel but have a simple macro that on the surface cannot be converted. The Lotus macro used a database, template and list of branch names. The macro itself started with the name of the first branch, copied it to the template, sucked in the data for that branch and then printed the report. Then it went down to next name on the list and repeated the process until it reached the bottom of the list. In Excel it seems to indicate I have to repeat the steps for each and every branch on the list and not loop back through a 8 line macro that refers to the ...

NMHDR question about hwndFrom
the documentation says that the hwndFrom attribute is the window handle to the control sending a message. I have a toolbar sitting on a property page. the toolbar is sending the message. Am I correct in assuming that the hwndFrom is the property page? I am having a problem obtaining the window handle of the property page. From the toolbar, I am calling CWnd* pOwner = GetOwner(); fh.hwndFrom = pWnd->GetSafeHwnd(); When I run the debugger pOwner correctly has the value CMyNotesPP, which is the parent window. When I step through the next line hwndFrom has a value in it but when I click th...

CDC::GetTextExtent question
Hi, I have a function that is to resize a status bar text pane when setting text dynamically. GetTextExtent() seems to think the text is almost twice as wide as it actually is so it leaves too much white space. How come? This is my func.: BOOL CMainFrame::SetStatusText(UINT nID, LPCTSTR lpszText) { int index = m_wndStatusBar.CommandToIndex(nID); if (index < 0) return FALSE; UINT nIDRet, nStyle; int cxWidth; m_wndStatusBar.GetPaneInfo(index, nIDRet, nStyle, cxWidth); ASSERT( nID == nIDRet ); CSize sz(cxWidth, 0); CDC* pDC = m_wndStatusBar.GetDC(); if (pDC) { sz = pDC->...

Datasheet question
Is it possible to show a Form Header on a Datasheet form ? Thanks Not that I know of, but you could emulate it by creating a new form with a form header (unbound - no rowsource) and place a subform in that form displayed as datasheetview. Maurice "Phil Hunt" wrote: > Is it possible to show a Form Header on a Datasheet form ? > > Thanks > > > No but you can fake it by putting the datasheet form in a subform = control on an unbound main form - Put whatever you'd like on the main = form. --=20 Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP "Phil Hunt" &l...

newbie question on multi-dimensional array
Hi all, I have a real lame question about multi-dimensional array operation. Suppose I have defined a two-dimensional array "Array(10,10)". If I want to use the Excel function "Average" to compute the average value of Column, say 10, of that 2D array, is there any way to realize it? I tried "Application.Average(Array(:,10))", but apparently the Excel doesn't like that. (You can see I am a Matlab guy, so please don't laugh at me:) ) Any comments are extremely welcome. -- sammus ------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 tasks view question
In Microsoft Outlook 2003, I am able to define a customized view of each column, under the Tasks section. Is it possible to share the same customized view of the Tasks with other users? In other words, when other users open a shared view of a Task, I want them to see the same column structure as I see. If it is possible to propagate or share my defined view of columns, can someone describe the procedure? Thanks kindly. Joseph There is not an easy "copy this to everyone" command but its possible. When you create the view, use the option to share it with everyone. When they vie...

A few small questions
I have an Excel document with many tab (actually it look like a database, before any other thing no I can't move it to Access (corporate reasons). I also have a restriction to avoid using macro!!!! First is there a way for footer or header information to include info from cells in the speadsheet. Second you can define info to repeate at the top, what about at the bottom of the page. Third the sheet that serve for report can have up to 8 pages, can the printing zone be define by a cell value, so that page x of y (the y part be other than 8). I have the database part in a sheet bu...

Money 2006, QFX & 2 Years Online Services
I am thinking about moving from Quicken 2002 to Mny 2006. My Banks provide QFX files. The way I've been using these is to logon to their web sites directly, download and save the qfx files, then double-click on them to open Quicken and import. I've tested opening the files with Mny06 and it seems to work ok. So, will I be able to continue doing this even after the 2 years of online services expire? I don't seem to be using any of their services with what I do. Thanks very much. Yes, you will. you just won't get the msn updates like quotes and automatic downloads. "pl...

formula question #7
Is there a formula that can change the color of cells if revenues drop three months in a row and if so what should the formula be? Hi, Assuming that your data is in row 1, columns A,B,C, with C being the latest data, Try using conditional formatting in cell C1 with the "Formula Is" =IF(AND(C1<B1,B1<A1),1,0) HTH >-----Original Message----- >Is there a formula that can change the color of cells if >revenues drop three months in a row and if so what should >the formula be? >. > Formula only needs =AND(D1<C1,C1<B1,B1<A1) you don't need t...

2005 "There is an online tansaction in progress."
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C50AB5.816C8BA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Everyone, I recently ran into a problem using Money 2005. I'll trace my steps = as closely as possible to the last time I successfully used the product. 2/01/2005 I synchronized my account with my bank who has Direct Banking = and Bill payment (JP Morgan Chase) and received no errors. 2/03/2005 I opened my money file and decided to test a feature so I = opened a new blank file (which clos...

Layout Question Please
Outlook 2003 When I am in the Monthly calendar view I have three small month calendars in the left hand pane which is fine. If I click the folders button on the left, the folders pane shows on the left with the full calendar view on the right which is how I want it. The problem is that in the left pane on top of the folder list it still shows on of those small calendars which takes up room from my folder list and I cannot see all of the folders. How do I configure it so the left pane is all the folder list and does not include the small calendar? Thanks in advance... Bob I don't th...

Question on "Value" function
In trying to use Excel to help solve a mathematical puzzle, I would like to calculate the result of applying the mathematical operator in one cell to the numbers in two other cells. Example: A1 contains 2, B1 contains +, C1 contains 3. In D1, create a formula that will give the result of 2 + 3, i.e. 5. I have tried (among many other attempts) =VALUE(CONCATENATE(A1, B1, C1)), but it gives me a #VALUE! error. What am I missing? Hi this is not possible without using VBA. try the following UDF: Public Function my_calculate(op1 As Range, operand As Range, op2 As Range) my_calculate = Ap...

xml question?
what is the equivalent of this in C# ? foreach (XmlNode xmlConfigNode in xmlConfigDoc["configuration"].ChildNodes) Thansk Sorry I made a mistake here is what I want to convert to C# For Each Node In XmlDocument.Item("configuration").Item("appSettings") "Ray5531" <Ray5531@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:elPIiezOFHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > what is the equivalent of this in C# ? > > foreach (XmlNode xmlConfigNode in > xmlConfigDoc["configuration"].ChildNodes) > > > > Thansk > > Hi Ray,...

Back Order Question
Hi, Have a back order question. Normal back orders are working right. In that if you have 10 and the order is for 15. During the lineitem transtaction it will put 5 in the backorder field automatically. What we need is if the customer orders 15 and we have 20, but only ship 10. We want the BO field to automatically fill with 5. Is this possible. Thanks in advance. Dexter Southerland It depends on how you fulfill and if you have cancel and bo enabled in the document types. If you have these enabled and are using Use Separate Fulfillment, you can select 10 to ship and set 5 to BO. T...

Dynamics GP 10 Reporting Question
I heard reporting in GP 10 is upgraded. Does anyone know if it will be anything like Rockton Software Dynamics Report Manager where you can send any report to like Sql reporting services or crystal? ------=_NextPart_0001_70733CB7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I haven't heard anything at all that reporting in 10.0 will be changed. While I guess it's possible, I would assume for now that there won't be any big changes in general. I would expect more MS Office & SQL integration in the next version for sure, but I can't see everything rewrit...

Cannot Access Bank Accounts Online if Don't Store Money Info on MS
Hi, I turned off the option to have my account information synchronized and stored on MSN. My confusion lies to why that also means that Money cannot continue to automatically download bank/credit card/etc information to Money. Some do continue to be able to be downloaded automatically. Others don't. Basically, it says "If you don't store your info on MSN Money, you won't be able to utilize online features for some financial instutions". I don't understand the tie between having your information stored on MSN and auto downloading from financial institutions, ...

Array range error question
When i try to redim my array i get an out of range error. can someone tel me why? Cells A1..A10 are filled with strings. thanks much Sub Get_names_array() Dim names_array() As Variant 'dynmanic Dim j As Long ReDim names_array(5, 1) j = 0 Range("A1").Select For i = 1 To 10 names_array(j, 0) = ActiveCell.Value names_array(j, 1) = ActiveCell.Address arraylimitFirst = UBound(names_array, 1) 'returns current dimension of 1st array limit, init = 5 If j >= arraylimitFirst Then ReDim Preserve names_array(10, 1) ' << RANGE ERROR ...

Newbie Remote Assistant and Desktop Questions
i Folks: Developing C++ on VS 2008 Pro, XP Pro, Win32. I have a client that recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit, on his laptop. I recommended he get Ultimate so I could run Remote Desktop over the Internet. This is before I actually tried using Remote Desktop. After getting Remote Desktop up, I see that I really want, to help my client, is Remote Assistant. Both Remote Desktop and Remote Assistant are now running fine with two XP PCs on my LAN, using my Internet address, to connect. I've cobbled together port numbers requiring...

SOP Quick Print
We cannot print more than one copy of the Packing Slip with SOP Quick Print. In Quick Print setup, we have the Destination set to Printer. We want 2 copies of the Order and 2 copies of the Packing Slip. We get the 2 copies of the order but, for some reason, only 1 copy of the Packing Slip prints. We can get multiple copies of every document EXCEPT the packing slip. Even if we print JUST the packcing slip, it still won't print more than one copy. Any ideas? "Elaine" wrote: > We cannot print more than one copy of the Packing Slip with SOP Quick Print. > In Q...

Just a quick question
I want to be able to average a range of cells, some of these cells are 0, and those are the ones I don't to include in on the calculation. Brian, If your data is in "B5:D14"... =SUM(B5:D14)/COUNTIF(B5:D14,">0") Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA "Brian Shafer" <brian.shafer123@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:u5UCb.386665$275.1243012@attbi_s53... > I want to be able to average a range of cells, some of these cells are 0, > and those are the ones I don't to include in on the calculation. > > Brian, If your range actually...