Quick print - error - cannot open macro file

I understand that the settings are stored in Dex.INI.  All users have
read/write access to this file - however we can only use Quick Print if the
Adminstrator is logged into Windows.  It must be a security issue however
don't know where else to look.

Any clues anyone?

Catherine,
Can you give full access to the Great Plains directory to your users.

Gerald

"Catherine the Brit" wrote:

> I understand that the settings are stored in Dex.INI.  All users have
> read/write access to this file - however we can only use Quick Print if the
> Adminstrator is logged into Windows.  It must be a security issue however
> don't know where else to look.
>
> Any clues anyone?

Gerald (227)
8/4/2006 6:30:02 PM
Gerald is on the right track.  To confirm this is the issue, log on to the
workstation/network with the administrator password.  Then log into GP with
the users id/password.  If you can use Quick Print, it is a user rights to
the workstation/folder issue.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

"Gerald" wrote:

> Catherine,
> Can you give full access to the Great Plains directory to your users.
>
> Gerald
>
> "Catherine the Brit" wrote:
>
> > I understand that the settings are stored in Dex.INI.  All users have
> > read/write access to this file - however we can only use Quick Print if the
> > Adminstrator is logged into Windows.  It must be a security issue however
> > don't know where else to look.
> >
> > Any clues anyone?

info4071 (3004)
8/6/2006 5:35:01 PM
From what I reminder, the quick print needs to create a file in the
Application folder.
If your users do not have privilege to create a file, then the Quick Print
wont function.

The file created is a dexterity macro file.

------
Robert

"Richard L. Whaley MVP" <info@AccoladePublications.com> wrote in message
> Gerald is on the right track.  To confirm this is the issue, log on to the
> workstation/network with the administrator password.  Then log into GP
> with
> the users id/password.  If you can use Quick Print, it is a user rights to
> the workstation/folder issue.
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> Documentation for Software Users
>

> "Gerald" wrote:
>
>> Catherine,
>> Can you give full access to the Great Plains directory to your users.
>>
>> Gerald
>>
>> "Catherine the Brit" wrote:
>>
>> > I understand that the settings are stored in Dex.INI.  All users have
>> > read/write access to this file - however we can only use Quick Print if
>> > the
>> > Adminstrator is logged into Windows.  It must be a security issue
>> > however
>> > don't know where else to look.
>> >
>> > Any clues anyone?

Robert