Quick Journal and Checkbook

I am trying to set up an easy way to post ACH transactions. Currently
we have been using Bank Tranactions and using Increase/Decrease
adjustment. I thought I could use Quick Journal, but it does not post
to the Checkbook Register.

The transactions are similar each month. It is for sending out Child
Support payments and 401(K) contributions. Any ideas on how this can be
done efficiently?

Thanks

PS I'm fairly new to Great Plains, so I may be missing something
obvious. We are on Version 7.0

0
bobh815 (22)

Can Quick Journal be set up to post to a checking account?

loneieagle wrote:
> I am trying to set up an easy way to post ACH transactions. Currently
> we have been using Bank Tranactions and using Increase/Decrease
> adjustment. I thought I could use Quick Journal, but it does not post
> to the Checkbook Register.
>
> The transactions are similar each month. It is for sending out Child
> Support payments and 401(K) contributions. Any ideas on how this can be
> done efficiently?
>
> Thanks
>
> PS I'm fairly new to Great Plains, so I may be missing something
> obvious. We are on Version 7.0

0
bobh815 (22)
1/27/2006 12:16:12 PM
Not if you want it to show up in the bank rec module.

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"loneieagle" <bobh@tds.net> wrote in message
> Can Quick Journal be set up to post to a checking account?
>
> loneieagle wrote:
>> I am trying to set up an easy way to post ACH transactions. Currently
>> we have been using Bank Tranactions and using Increase/Decrease
>> adjustment. I thought I could use Quick Journal, but it does not post
>> to the Checkbook Register.
>>
>> The transactions are similar each month. It is for sending out Child
>> Support payments and 401(K) contributions. Any ideas on how this can be
>> done efficiently?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> PS I'm fairly new to Great Plains, so I may be missing something
>> obvious. We are on Version 7.0

0
victoria (3340)
1/30/2006 11:46:47 AM
One way to do this would be to use the Quick Journal to enter your
transaction and instead of the Cash account use a Suspense account.  Then
enter the bank transaction that only has the Cash and Suspense accounts.

Hope that helps.

--

>I am trying to set up an easy way to post ACH transactions. Currently
> we have been using Bank Tranactions and using Increase/Decrease
> adjustment. I thought I could use Quick Journal, but it does not post
> to the Checkbook Register.
>
> The transactions are similar each month. It is for sending out Child
> Support payments and 401(K) contributions. Any ideas on how this can be
> done efficiently?
>
> Thanks
>
> PS I'm fairly new to Great Plains, so I may be missing something
> obvious. We are on Version 7.0

0
victoria (3340)
1/30/2006 11:48:45 AM
Thanks. Not the answer I wanted, but it will have to do.

0
bobh815 (22)

multiple journal mailboxes ex2003
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could provide any input on why you would consider having multiple journal mailboxes, in a scenario that requires journaling. The reasons I can think of are: 1. Geographic dispertion of exchange servers, seperated by slow WAN links 2. A single journal mailbox on a dedicated server not having the processing power to handle all journaled messages. Thanks, James Your WAN links would have to be saturated or you would have to have a large volume for this to be a real issue. Of course you would probably want to make sure the journaling mailbox was close to t...

Journaling philosophy questions
I'm having a difficult time getting my head around when and why journaling is useful and would appreciate feedback from people that are actually finding that it makes them more productive: QUESTION #1: The blurbs that I've read on journaling (both online and in various Outlook books) indicate that journaling is great for tracking interaction with clients. These texts many times mention that it's great for billing purposes or simply determining where your time is spent. However, the only thing you seem to be able to track is email*, meeting requests, responses, cancellations and t...

Shortcuts skipped when executed too quickly
I'm encountering the following issue in Excel 07 with shortcut keys: When typing too quickly the shortcut is not executed and instead the shortcut keys that have been pressed are entered as text in the relevant cell. This is an issue on multiple machines. This is especially an issue in trying to quickly format borders and font colors. I am formatting with native shortcuts as well as shortcuts that are from a custom tab which have been added to the Quick Access Toolbar. The custom shortcuts simply apply specific RGBs to fonts/borders. An overview of my 3 machines specs a...

Quick Campaign
We are trying to reduce the amount of entering our employees have to do into CRM, and as a result want to use Quick Campaigns to monitor attendance etc at Events we hold. However, I've noticed you can only create one Campaign Response at a time, this can be quite tedious if you have to enter 50 campaign responses, especially since we use a general RSVP service (to receive phone calls and emails) to record responses so our employees don't have to. Responses will be added into CRM all at once. Is there any way to bulk create campaign responses?? Thanks Hi Anne, You can bulk i...

quick copy worksheet into other sheets in same workbook
I am wanting to copy a worksheet that is set up to show student results, targets and achievements into approximately 150 other worksheets in the same workbook. Is there a quick way of doing this other than copying and pasting? I want formats, colours and column widths etc to stay the same. In other words I want to produce about 150 identical copies of my layout as quickly as possible with the minimum of effort. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks in advance for any help and advice offered Right-click on the worksheet tab and select "Move or Copy", then use the dialog box that appear...

how to quick calculate sum of colume A1 to A115?
How to quick calculate sum of colume A1 to A115? Or, do I always have to set up formular =sum(A1:A15) to get the sum? =SUM(A2:OFFSET(A2,MATCH(999999,A:A,1),1)) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Anthony B" <no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote in message news:O6%23S2HZTIHA.5016@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How to quick calculate sum of colume A1 to A115? > > Or, do I always have to set up formular =sum(A1:A15) to get the sum? On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 17:36:23 -0600, "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote: >...

journal not there
Hi, Odd one. One of my users can't see his journal, it's enabled and logging things correctly as I can open it from my pc and see everything, and other poeple can also open it and view it. He can't see his journal on any pc if he logs in to it. He doesn't have a roaming profile. Any ideas? ...

Any quick key to insert current Date and Time?
Thx Hi Philip, Use Ctrl+; for the date and Ctrl+: for the time. Cheers, JF Thx a lot! <excelmunkey@dsl.pipex.com> ???????:1137082440.501483.254530@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi Philip, > > Use Ctrl+; for the date and Ctrl+: for the time. > > Cheers, > JF > ...

a quick question about the system tray
i'm sure this has been asked hundreds of times before. how, in mfc, can you have a program go to the system tray at all times, but only show up in the taskbar if the window is restored? this is in a dialog based application. thanks, edward I do this by handling WM_SIZE in my main window (I've done it in dialog and SDI MFC apps) to detect a minimise and use ShowWindow() to hide the window if minimise happened. Then, I use Shell_NotifyIcon() to add a notify area icon. Then you need to handle click messages on the main window (the clicks will actually be on the icon but they are n...

Quick Campaign emails remain in draft status after Rollup 2-Correc
Our emails in quick campaign remain in draft status and are NOTautomatically sent. We have installed rollup 2 and changs per 911520 - any suggestions? Your help is greatly appreciated. 911520 E-mail activities are not automatically sent to the recipients when you distribute e-mail activities for a campaign in Microsoft Dynamics CRM After you install this update rollup, create a registry entry on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server that is named CampaignSendEmail. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK. 2. In Registry Editor, locate th...

Is there a quick way to lock all pages in a workbook at one time?
I have several wrokbooks that have 20 to 50 pages each. I want users to be able to view or print the informatin, but not change the data. Any suggestions on how to secure all the pages at one time? one way save as on right hand top of window find <tools> enter a password twice tick the box read only recommended. Regards Bill K "teckie" <teckie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDEFF960-BB69-4625-8D79-58234DA21303@microsoft.com... >I have several wrokbooks that have 20 to 50 pages each. I want users to be > able to view or print the informatin, ...

Quick Campaign emails and the Contact "Bulk Email" Do not Allow
When I do a quick campaign to send emails, contacts which where I've set the "Bulk Email" field in the contact to "Do Not Allow" are getting the emails. I assumed that if the Bulk Email was set to Do Not Allow, that the Bulk Email I was sending through a quick campaign, would recognize this setting. Was my assumption wrong? Who has the answer and do you know where I can easily get some document on this. Also, I could not find a way when doing an advanced find, where I select the contactcs I will be emailing to with the quick campaign, to select on the "B...

Quick Journal and Checkbook
I am trying to set up an easy way to post ACH transactions. Currently we have been using Bank Tranactions and using Increase/Decrease adjustment. I thought I could use Quick Journal, but it does not post to the Checkbook Register. The transactions are similar each month. It is for sending out Child Support payments and 401(K) contributions. Any ideas on how this can be done efficiently? Thanks PS I'm fairly new to Great Plains, so I may be missing something obvious. We are on Version 7.0 Can Quick Journal be set up to post to a checking account? loneieagle wrote: > I am trying to ...

Store Journals
We do not poll journals back to HQ to save space/time. We have a need to allow several people to access the store journals. Is there a good and safe way to accomplish this without locking the store database or causing other issues. Will store manager do this? ...

Quick way to put all records in email field of query in Bcc of Outlook
Is there an easy and quick way to grab all the records in email field of query to put in Bcc of Outlook's new message? Looping each record in the set takes too long and user might think the computer stucks. I have 1,000+ records. Thanks. On Dec 24, 8:27=A0pm, "Song Su" <son...@live.com> wrote: > Is there an easy and quick way to grab all the records in email field of > query to put in Bcc of Outlook's new message? Looping each record in the = set > takes too long and user might think the computer stucks. I have 1,000+ > records. > >...

Applications not available in Journal
Using OL 2000, single user machine, running win98 2nd ed. I have MS office 2000 loaded, as well as powerpoint 2k. The journal recognizes PPoint but not the rest of office. I have tried reinstalling & repairing office to no avail. Any advice would be appreciated. Thnx PAw ...

Receipt intermittently not printing
Customer has ver. 2.0 RMS Store Ops. Database is on a server and there is one POS machine, with 4 back office machines. This was an upgrade from QS2000. We upgraded straight into ver. 2.0 so are running SQL 2005 Server Express. No MSDE installed. Using Epson TM88 printer w/USB connection and Epson OPOS driver. Database upgraded fine, although there was one issue (wrong data in the sale date field) which we solved prior to importing the database into RMS. Not long after initial use of RMS, we started having issues with receipts intermittently not printing. When we investigated we foun...

Quick Create Products
Hi Is there a way to set up CRM so that Products do not have to be created in the Product Catalog area in Settings but can be created from the Products area in the Sales Module or may be through a Quick Create Form when using the Lookup Button to add products to an Opportunity, Quote and Order. I am not sure if this possible and how this will affect pricing. I am sure that someone must have requested this funtionality before. Any ideas? Thanks alot ...

Approval for Quick entry
When keying a quick entry transaction, our cliet would like to use the Password approval as defined in Setup/Posting options. It allows you to select Financial/Quick Entry and key a password but b/c of the behavior of Quick Entry not really going through the batch process, it doesn't prompt for a password. Suggestion is to use the password and if it cannot, then disable the option in setup so it doesn't appear you can define an approval for quick entry. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vote...

Outlook 2010 Quick Step
Is there a way to create a quick step in Outlook 2010 that will create a new message using a specific signature? I have four different signatures and this would be great if I could just click a quick step to use the one I want. I can't seem to find a way to get more choices from the actions. Create your message and "right click" in the signature area and the choices will be there. Bob "MCSE4u" <MCSE4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A02393B7-40BB-461B-882B-75540F48181A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to create a quick step ...

Journal entries in OL2000
error message "There is not enough memory available to perform the operation" when deleting journal entries in Outlook 2000 Any help! Thanks Reboot your machine. This sounds more like a Windows problem than outlook. "Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16c001c3e048$a2ae60b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > error message "There is not enough memory available to > perform the operation" when deleting journal entries in > Outlook 2000 > > Any help! > > Thanks ...

journal of x and z reports
We normally journal our receipts so they are immediately available for electronic reference when a customer wants to do a return or exchange. While this is helpful, we don't feel all that comfortable journaling daily X reports and Z reports. Is it possible to turn the journaling feature off for only these reports? You could probably achieve this by setting up a second receipt template that only has the x/z report chosen then setup a 2nd printer inside the register properties, uncheck 'Journal Receipts' and choose the x/z report receipt template. RMS should only print to the ...

Quick Styles
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I am taking a class in Word and am very frustrated with how different the Mac version is from what I am studying. Is there a clipboard other than the basic cut and paste? I mean a clipboard where we can see the text stored. Also, I am looking for "Quick Styles". Using "help" it told me that they are on the formatting palette under "Quick Styles and Effects" I don't have that option on my palette. Does it connect to Word Help for Mac or for the regular version? I'm frustrated and would ...

Filling Posting Journals and Invoices
Hi, can anyone show me the best way to file away all document such as posting Journals for RM,PM,...... Thanks Not sure if this is the "best way", but what I do is file them by module AP, RM, SOP and then by audit trail code in numerical order. The GL for our company references the batch ID, which is the same as the audit trail code for the module. This filing method has been helpful, when needing to research inventory transactions and adjustments. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBC9C819-8E4B-42B9-9B0B-848761670EA3@microsoft...

Trying to close year with a bad journal entry
I'm trying to close out the year for a company in GP 9. I get an error that states: "account assigned to transaction is missing". So I find the offending journal entry, but it has been voided. I cannot edit it or delete so I can close out the year. Suggestions? Thanks George hi, have you checked KB Article 855209 - Account assigned to a transaction is missing? if not, go ahead and look it up in partnersource. this kb should help you. the reason why you are receiving this messahe is because of a record that has an ACTINDX = 0. you may need to update it with ...