Question: Remove Credits from a receivables trial balance

From one of our users...

How can you remove credits from a receivables trial balance? (I tried and a
debit memo and was not given an option of applying it to a specific credit.
Now I have two lines, one of my original credit and one for the debit memo.
The balance is 0, but both line items show up.)

Thanks,

Morgan

0
abcd4010 (60)

Did the user go to the Apply Sales Documents menu option and apply the
credit to the debit? I tested this and it worked fine.

"Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
> From one of our users...
>
> How can you remove credits from a receivables trial balance? (I tried and
> a debit memo and was not given an option of applying it to a specific
> credit. Now I have two lines, one of my original credit and one for the
> debit memo. The balance is 0, but both line items show up.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Morgan

0
callen1071 (408)
3/29/2005 5:47:47 AM
Thanks, Charles.  From the user:

The suggestion from Charles Allen worked perfectly. Thanks to you both!

Thanks,

Carrie

"Charles Allen" <callen@bkd.com> wrote in message
> Did the user go to the Apply Sales Documents menu option and apply the
> credit to the debit? I tested this and it worked fine.
>
> "Morgan" <abcd@senditon.com> wrote in message
>> From one of our users...
>>
>> How can you remove credits from a receivables trial balance? (I tried and
>> a debit memo and was not given an option of applying it to a specific
>> credit. Now I have two lines, one of my original credit and one for the
>> debit memo. The balance is 0, but both line items show up.)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Morgan

0
abcd4010 (60)

Another quick question! Thanks!
I have a workbook with 9 worksheets. These sheets are named different names, but let=92s just say they are named sheet1 =96 sheet9. Sheet1 is named =93Main=94 while the other ones are different. When you open the workbook, I want only sheet1 (sheet1 named =93Main) showing and all the other sheets hidden. I want a macro in sheet1 (sheet1 is named =93Main) that when clicked will pop up a box asking something like: click 1 to view sheet2; click 2 to view sheet3=85etc), when the number is selected, I want the macro to hide all other sheets and unhide sheet3 for viewing. Thanks! You could use ...

If any cell in a range is blank question
Hello. I have two sheets in a workbook. One is a Summary sheet, and the next is titled "Bldg 5". What I am trying to make sure is that the range A1:K20 on the Bldg 5 sheet has had data entered to them (ie, they are not blank). The question that corresponds to Summary sheet A1 is "Has the data for Bldg 5 been updated?" If ANY blank in Bldg 5's range A1: K20, then put a "NO" in Summary A1's cell. If ALL of the Bldg 5 range had data in it, then put a "YES" in Summary A1. I also need A1 to update as data is entered into the Bldg 5 range (a...

remove vb project
How to remove an (empty) VB Project from my Workbook ( so that I am not prompted to save as .xlsm ) ? Save the file as a .xlsx and it will remove the VB Project. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "John Grandy" wrote: > How to remove an (empty) VB Project from my Workbook ( so that I am not > prompted to save as .xlsm ) ? > > > . > ...

how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet
how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet Try going to the View menu and unchecking Page Break Preview On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:01:08 -0800, "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet You may be in page break preview mode. Go to "View" and select "normal" Regards Bill K "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A65FC73-CAA0-428D-8ECD-0C2A2E15B799@microsoft.com... > how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work she...

Ending balance doesn't equal market value
I am using MS Money 2004. In my portfolio the Contributions ($) Market Value amount is showing a negative amount, but Today's Balance shows a zero Ending Balance. How do I get them to both show tha same number? In microsoft.public.money, Eggman wrote: >I am using MS Money 2004. In my portfolio the Contributions ($) Market Value >amount is showing a negative amount, but Today's Balance shows a zero Ending >Balance. How do I get them to both show tha same number? Try File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair Look for future transactions. ...

pswd question
On XP pro sp3, if I start->run and type control userpasswords2 then hit enter I get a UserAccts window, I then click the Advanced Tab, I then go down to the center of the window to the AdvancedUserManagement heading and then look to the right and click the Advanced button, I get another window called LocalUsersAndGroups, if I then click Users->MyAcctName I finally get a window that called MyAcctName Properties, if I look down to the center I see a check box (that is checked) beside a heading that says, "password never expires". Ok.......now I go to ControlPanel(ClassicV...

Pivot Table question #4
Hi I have spreadsheets that take data via a pivot table from an OLAP cube that is held on a terminal server. The spreadsheets hold figures entered by me and figures obtain from the pivot table. I want to enable the automatic update on the pivot table but the pivot table is sorted by a project number obtained from the OLAP cube. My problem is if a new project is added to the OLAP cube then it is automatically selected from the drop down list. I want to be able to turn this off so that it only selects the project I have previously chosed. For example if I have selected the filter nu...

Remote Server Question
Right customer wants to acces his win2k8 server remotely. IT is using a generic printer from the server. At the office the printer is on a network. Terminal Services are being used to access the server remotely. What needs to be done to get said printer working? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee UK Time for a Common Sense change vote Liberal Democrat / Alliance Whether "at the o...

x-y Line Graph question
I have a line graph. X is dates and Y is numeric data. I am plotting 12/1/2005 through 1/30/2006. The problems is my series does not start at the "left most" point of 12/1/2005, it is shifted slightly. And the line does not end at the "right most" point of 1/30/2006. Any ideas will be appreciated. thanks! XL has two distinct chart types even though they look similar, the XY Scatter chart and the Line chart. There is no XY Line graph. I believe you have a Line graph. Double-click the x-axis and from the Scale tab uncheck the 'Value (Y) axis crosses betwe...

Installing Test Exch2003 and remove
Hi all, I want to install trial exchange 2k3 in production environment which has exch 5.5 site as mail server. What I want to do is install Exch 2k3 using 'first exch server in domain' option and don't touch exch5.5 at all. And use it for few weeks and remove it. Then we would like to decide purchase and re-install it, or outsource, or keep 5.5. Is this possible? I'm afraid that once Exch2k3 installed and modified ActiveDirectory schema, 5.5 stop working and can not remove 2k3. thanks in advance As a rule, always use a test lab. On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:30:03 -0500, &...

AD Computer object question
Hello, I have computer object within Active Directory for a specific server. Due to an issue, the link between the two has been broken. Is there any way to recreate the link without delete the AD object and join back the server into the domain? Thanks for your help, It's a really urgent matter, please help Dark Hello darkbol, Which kind of machine is it, Domain controller or member server or workstation? What is the exact error message? Did something happened before or is it just out of the blue? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is pro...

Mailbox moves to Ex2003 don't remove 5.5 mailbox
I have moved several hundred mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000 to an Exchange 2003 SP1 server running on Windows 2003 without any issues. However, lately I have moved two mailboxes (seperately) and have run into a problem. The Move Mailbox wizard shows a successful move and the mailbox does appear in the Exchange 2003 server, but the mailbox also appears in the Exchange 5.5 server. So, there are two mailboxes for a single account. I have reviewed article 299473 which seems to describe what is happening (although I have not used Replmon.exe to confirm this...

GP Extender Tables Question (GP9)
I have created an Extender window with 3 Fields (let’s just say price 1, price 2, price 3). I can see where it got created in table EXT40100, field User_Defined_Prompts_1 etc and I can also see where the data is stored in EXT00103. What I don’t see is where the prompts from EXT40100 are in its own rows so that you can link them to EXT00103 for reporting purposes. I know I can hard code the flags to their proper values in Crystal or set up my own custom table to do it but I would have thought that Extender will have a table like that. Am I just not seeing it? -- Pieter The prompts ...

Question on Formats...
This ought to be quite simple to answer. Is it possible to format the contents of a combobox? On sheet1 I have text in cells A1 to A8 e.g A1 = John, A2 = Steve, A3 = Claire etc. I have a combobox on a chart that displays those names when I click the down arrow. The default is lower case, black lettering. Can I make the names appear in bold and green for example? I have tried modifying the original names but that makes no difference. If I right click the combobox and select <Format Control> I cannot see a way to format my data entries. Maybe you can't do it. And I want to ...

two decimals - remove percentage sign
Hello everyone, I have percentages that i'm displaying in graphs with data labels. I'd like to remove the % sign so it is easier to view the data labels because the graphs are small, and i'd like to do it with custom formatting because there is quite a lot of data that i dont want to convert to whole numbers. I think the best way to do this is to somehow use custom formatting in format cells -->number-->custom to multiply by 100 and display it that way. is that possible? Thanks for the help! Adam ...

Chart
Hello, I created a line column chart on 2 axis. I have four data sets. The first 3 should go on the primary Y axis as columns and the 4th should go on the secondary Y axis as a line. However, Excel wants to automatically put both the 3rd and 4th data sets on the secondary axis as lines. I cannot find any command to change the 3rd data set to go onto the primary axis as a column. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! -Patty On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:27:33 -0800, Patty = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I created a line column chart on 2 ...

[more of a 'c' question really] Converting doubles to strings without getting scientific notation
Hello hello.. I'm using _gcvt in a dialog to display a double, but when it gets small the string appears in scientific notation ie 0.02 become 2e-02 Is there another conversion routine I can use to prevent this? I have a not terribly scientific customer who would prefer a straight forward decimal display. Thanks "Zardoz" <thing@thing.thing> wrote in message news:122lvvkvicks85nka58iugok64ba0plpem@4ax.com... > Hello hello.. > > > I'm using _gcvt in a dialog to display a double, but when it gets > small the string appears in scientific notation ...

CRM v3.0 Questions
Hello, Is the fuctionality to unshare multiple records available in v3.0. The 1.2 documentation shows this functionality but it seems to be missing from the actual product. When you re-assign a record in v1.2 the record maintains a share relationship with the prior owner. Does v3.0 function the same way. Are there any tricks (other than using SCRIBE) when importing new records to link multiple contacts to a single lead. Has any new flexibilty been added to the Microsoft record importer. Thanks, Ron In 3.0 if you go to the settings > Organization Settings > System Settings th...

include/exclude email account in send/receive
Outlook 2000 had a setting wherein you could include or exclude an email in the send/receive process. I'm not seeing where that option is in Office Outlook 2003. If an certain email address that is listed in an email account setting doesn't exist the send/receive process fail entirely...for that one and all other accounts. This doesn't seem normal What do you mean if an "email address listed in an email account setting doesn't exist?" Clarify the problem you hare having. Automatic polling settings are in Tools > Send/Receive > Send/Receive Settings &g...

How to remove surf.mar@ pop up in Money 2008?
I'm having a problem with Microsoft Money 2008 Plus Home & Business and I think it must be a security setting thats not set right, but I can't find where to change it. It has something to do with Internet Explorer & Money (according to Google search). When I first open up the program it immediately pops up a box saying: Do you want to open or save this file? Name: MNY1CB4.surfplace Type: SurfBoard Shim Doc Object View, 1.50KB From: surf.mar@ I click open and it will load the login page. I enter my login and it says the exact same thing over again. I hit open and i...

OL 2003; Question about two default attachments in HTMLMessage Format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0" ------=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2003, XPP SP2=20 Hello, When I send an e-mail message in HTML message format, the recipient = (even when I send to myself) also receives two default attachments, = image001.png and image002.png. The first image is a what I would guess a = Microsoft ...

New Paycheck showing running balance
I recently added a new paycheck and have only made two such deposits to my bank. My questions is: Why is the Report showing an opening balance? For example: Opening Balance: 1,581.85 Month Ending 01/31/06 01/20/2006 Deposit Paycheck -- 1,265.00 01/27/2006 Deposit Paycheck -- 1,265.00 Where is Money 2006 getting that initial 1,581.85 from? The running balance should only reflect the two deposits totaling 2,350.00, but it shows a total of 4,111.85. "Dal" <Dal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE60812C-6596-436A-9129-F6AB8495405D@microsoft.com... > ...

Rounding Up question
Hi, A1 has the ROUNDUP Function referenced to B1: ROUNDUP(B1,0). Example: B1 says: 6.2 A1 will roundup to 7. Perfect! This works 99% of the time. But in a special case B1 says 6.0 - A1 still rounds up to 7. I expanded B1 decimal places and found B1 in this case really says: 6.00044. Hence the reason for A1 rounding to 7. Is there anyway to tell the A1 ROUNDUP function to not round up when the first decimal place says zero? Or to only go out one decimal place when rounding up? Hope I worded my question that it can be understood. Thanx in advance, Amy. Hel...

Question about MFC source code.
Hi, all, I find that there are some redefinitions in afxHH.h. Something looks like this: #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E110 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E111 // aliases: MRU_2 - MRU_16 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E112 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E113 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E114 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E115 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E116 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FILE1 0x1E117 #define HID_FILE_MRU_FIL...

List of questions
Hi, I have some questions in outlook 2003, can anyone help me? 1-how can i in the appointment type a subject with special format (red, bold..) 2-whent a task is 100% completed, how can be deleted automatically. 3- I need to filter only the available time on a specific day. ex if i have 2 appointments today on a specific time, what i need to see is the available time for other new appointments. 4-If I have a lot of appointments on a specific date that are colored with labels and have a specific show time as (busy,tentative), when i go to print this calendar with the "calendar detai...