Question about returns

When I get a credit, and try to do a returns transaction I have to know the
receiving number of the invoice it was billed on.  There doesn't seem to be
any way to look that number up that I can find.  Does anyone know how this
should work?  Thanks!

0
danny1118 (16)

deej03,

What you're actually looking up is the Shipment Receipt number on
which the item was originally received, not the Invoice Receipt
number.  When you enter the PO Number and Item Number in the Returns
Entry window, you can look up all receipts against that PO and Item
combination by clicking on the looking glass on the Receipt No. field.

Hope this helps,

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)

To upgrade or not upgrade, that is the question
My current server is SBS 2003 Premium and my practice managment software uses a SQL 2000 DB. I also run Exchange. I do not have the SBS2003 R2 upgrade. My practice management software no longer supports SQL 2000. Their minimum requirement is SQL 2005. My current server is a 4 year old Dell PE 2800 with a 3 GHz Xeon single processor (room for another) and 2GB ram. I'm not sure if it is 64bit capable but I think it is. I have 9 workstations which are accessing the database pretty much continuously. I wouldn't say that my practice managment program seems slow, although t...

PF
Does this folder need to be replicated to my new E2k3 server from the E2k3 server that is being rebuilt? I am about ready to do a reset of the system folders GUID since all of my clients are getting the "cannot update free/ busy information" Back History: Inherited a frickin' mess. A 5.5 migration that wasn't completed (server nuked and not uninstalled properly) Was able to remove, had to change some AD Attributes for siteFolderServer since it was pointing to the deleted 5.5 server, solved my OAB problems strangely enough. However PF replication between the two servers are...

GetOpenFile question
Can someone explain to me why when the following code executes, the filename shown in the message box for the first iteration is the last file name selected in the multiple selection. The second iteration show the first file name selected and continues on in order until the next to last file name selected. Dim FileToOpen As Variant FileToOpen = Application.GetOpenFilename("TableFiles (*.prn), *.prn", , "Name of Files to Use", , True) counter = 1 Do While counter <= UBound(FileToOpen) MsgBox FileToOpen(counter) counter = counter + 1 Loop End Sub TIA Garry I d...

wireless question
Hi Do WiMax and 3G use TCP/IP in L3 , where can I find their app and driver stack in Windows ? Thank for your teaching . Kid <Kid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Do WiMax and 3G use TCP/IP in L3 , Yes. >where can I find their app and driver >stack in Windows ? Don't understand the question. There will be a driver for your WiMax adapter that comes from the manufacturer. That driver passes IP packets up to the next layer, which is part of the standard TCP/IP driver stack. -- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com Providenza & Boekelheide, In...

LDAP Server question
I am new to Outlook 2002 and I am wondering how does the LDAP server works? I have a annoying problem accessing my address book. Outlook 2002 looks for the LDAP server and does not find it and beeps a error message. This goes on for a while then it stops it allows me to load up my address book or Contacts list. Thanks Cliff You can remove the LDAP address book by select Tools | Email accounts | view\change address books. "Clifford Hines" <chines40@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:ju3eivc2l5jv9k5athmcfti1ar8i13kela@4ax.com... > I am new to Outlook 2002 and I am w...

Recipient Policy questions #2
Hey guys I wanted to change my addressing scheme from the current lame one to something like %g_%s@domain.com. When i change this ...will all my users email address' automatically update to these new address' ? or do i need to make other changes? Also...is there a way to keep those old address alive for a bit (via forwarding/connecting) so we dont miss anything...or will this perm remove the old ones? thanx SteveMAster Keep the old addresses, insert new address in Recipient Policy and set it as default. This will ensure when recipients hit Reply they see the correct ad...

Interview Questions Feb 20, 2006
How to prevent my .NET DLL to be decompiled? By design .NET embeds rich Meta data inside the executable code using MSIL.Any one can easily decompile your DLL back using tools like ILDASM ( owned by Microsoft) or Reflector for .NET which is a third party. Secondly there are many third party tools which make this decompiling process a click away. So any one can easily look in to your assemblies and reverse engineer them back in to actual source code and understand some real good logic which can make easy to crack your application. The process by which you can stop this reverse engineering is...

Re: Excel - MATCH, INDEX or VLOOKUP - That is the Question
Hi, Here asking for your help again. This place is so useful. Heres the situation: (Also see attachment) If the user were to pick answers from a series of questions is i possible to match up the answers and return the relevant result. i. A7+B7+C7+D7+E7 = G7. How can this be done, please. Thanks Andrew :confused Attachment filename: multipl eg.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=55677 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Perhaps the quiz template on my website can help or point you in useful direction: ht...

How do you track returns/refunds in your register?
I buy a lot of stuff, and as a result, I also end up changing my mind and returning things pretty often. I keep all of my transactions detailed and categorized, but when I enter a negative value (say, a 20$ credit on my credit card for a movie I returned), it's obvious that Money doesn't know what to do with it. It warns me that I'm adding a credit as an expense. Then, many of Money's reports count this as an expense (ignoring that it should be counted as -20$). I fear that the correct answer might be to simply delete the purchase transaction, and the return transacti...

Sumproduct Question 02-10-10
I have a database in Excel. Column A is Date in mm/dd/yyyy format. Column G is Sales. I need a Sumproduct formula to return the sales for Mondays in August 2009. How do I extract Mondays from mm/dd/yyyy and build the formula? I do have multiple years in the dBase, so it needs to consider the year too. Thanks One way: =SUMPRODUCT(--(Weekday(Sheet2!A2:A11,2)=1), --(text(Sheet2!A2:A11,"yyyymm")="200908"), (Sheet2!G2:G11)) Adjust the ranges to match--but you can't use whole columns (except in xl2007+). =sumproduct() likes to...

Date started and finished question?
Is there a solution to this question if I started work say on 1/1/08 and finished the job on 2/1/08 Can I have this automated to say dates 1/1/08 thru 2/1/08 I have a cell that I can enter in a date I started and I think I can have several other cell automatical enter in the date a week later in each cell a week difference from each cell by using say the start date cell is called A2+7 and we'll say this sum is entered in A4 Could I in A5 use this formular A4+7 and so on for however many weeks it takes. Well actualy that was 2 question lol sorry if I confused anyone there So if I can ...

Yet another picture database question
I currently have a database that loads pictures from a network location; sub Form_current image1.picture = "\\server\share\picture.png" end sub as this enables me (or any user) to open the database from any computer on the network. Is it possible to load pictures from a local intranet http address instead? The pictures I want are accessed in a browser by typing the following: http://address/directory/file.pl?display=chart;number=12345 This would make updating the database easier as I would not have to open and resave every picture to the network share. Forgot to say, I am...

Formula to Count and Return Most common Value in a Dynamic Named Range #2
Hi Frank, Thanks for input. I've used this Formula referencing the cells wit the A1-Style and works ok. Can you explain the use of =1 in this Formula: =MODE(IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET($A$2,ROW($A$2:$A$9)-ROW($A$2),0))=1,B2:B9)) I'VE TRIED TO AMEND THE FORMULA SLIGHTLY TO USE THE DYNAMIC NAMED RANG WITHIN THE FORMULA - CAN YOU HELP =MODE(IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(INDEX(NAMEID,1,1),ROW(NAMEID)-MIN(ROW(NAMEID),0),1),RESULTS),,))??? WHEN I USE THIS REPLACED WITH MY A1-STYLE REFERENCES - I GET ZER For counting the number of values lets assume you have entered the above formula in C1. Then use:...

Summing Question
I have a question: If I have two columns such as: 9.5 2 3.6 3 14 1 22 1 8 2 9 3 7 1 How would I sum all of the numbers in column A that correspond with a 1 in column B? Of course I want to the same for 2, and 3 also. Thanks. On Jan 24, 5:34 pm, Jimmy <nos...@nospam.com> wrote: > If I have two columns such as: > 9.5 2 > 3.6 3 > 14 1 > 22 1 > 8 2 > 9 3 > 7 1 > How would I sum all of the numbers in column A that correspond with a > 1 in column B? =SUMIF(B1:B7, "=1", A1:A7) Assumi...

An English question about programming, need help!
In the book "Programming Server-side Applications for Microsoft Windows 2000" by Jeffrey Richter, I found such a sentence: "I know developers who don't even think twice about allocating megabytes of storage for tasks that need no more than a few kilobytes, tops." (on page 5) What I couldn't understand is the last word "tops". Who can tell me what is the exact meaning of "a few kilobytes, tops."? I'm not a native English speaker, and I think this question is more relevant to programming than English. So I post the question here other than so...

return next # in sequence
I am creating a list of purchase orders and all of the POs have a prefix. How do I automate the suffix number to be added to the prefix? Thanks, Matthew one way: use Autocorrect to change an unlikely string to your prefix. For example, if your prefix is RPXXL in Autocorrect set qq to change to RPXXL to input po "RPXXL 478831" input "qq 478831" the cell content will change to the po above. >-----Original Message----- >I am creating a list of purchase orders and all of the >POs have a prefix. How do I automate the suffix number to >be added to the pref...

VPN question....
HI, its possible to access my RMS databse wich is located in other city from my local office RMS Manager via VPN? is that doable? thanks! I see, since it will be the VPN network i can just type the regular server name, and database name in the RMS ADMON. Im in the right way? Thanks@ So is that perfectly possible to accomplish? I think i must use the 1433 port right? Thanks "Rob" wrote: > Yes, once you setup your VPN you need to set the SERVER Name as the LAN IP > address of the SERVER in SO ADMIN. > > Rob > > "Aldo" wrote: > > > HI,...

Schema Edit Relations question
I don't mean to crosspost but I really don't know where questions on yellow view Schema window in VS belong. If someone has a better suggestion for a newsgroup please let me know. All I do relates to Datasets and not XML directrly. Lets say I am in the the schema for a dataset and am in the yellow Schema window and and trying to relate two tables. When my Edit Relations Dialog box comes up by default, VS puts a value in my field called Key. The value is Constraint1. My question is whether this is some sort of default that I should just generally accept or should I be doing someth...

Simple Question #2
I'm not really a newb to excell but i just cannot get this graph to come out right. It may seem ridiculously easy to you guys but i cannot figure it out. This needs to be two lines on the same graph. Force of Friction goes on the y axis Mass goes on the x axis Sliding friction: Mass: ..0004 .048 ..00036 .076 ..0002 .104 ..0004 .132 Rolling Friction: Mass: -.016 .076 -.021 .104 -.025 .132 It can't put make the...

Excell 2000 Newbie question
Excel 2000 Windows 2000 I need some assistance, guidance or inspiration on how to complete a certain task within excel. Here is my scenario, Column "C" throughout our spreadsheet is a status indicator, we have specific codes that get entered into this cell. I would like to setup the spreadsheet so that if a certain status is entered in Column "C" the entire row will be highlighted a certain color based on the status. I know how to do this with conditional formatting, but the problem is that there are more than 3 different conditions. Example, Col C = bk - Row highligh...

Outlook2003 Archive Restore Question
After a complete XP Pro SP3 reinstall, I have just re-installed Outlook'03 and imported OK the outlook backup.pst file (with "Work Offline" checked) from my external HD, and the personal folders, calendar and contacts appears to be exactly as I last backed it up. However, when I restored the archive1 backup.pst it added the emails back into my main pst folders vs. re-creating the archive folder as I expected. Is that is what is suppose to happen? If so, I take it the next step is to just activate the File/Archive process and go from there? Alternatively, I r...

A question on sending mails
THis might perhaps be a bit too preliminary forum - but still all suggestions are welcome. I have 4 different accounts configured in my outlook- one specially for friends, one for family, business and so on. I have one particular account set to preferred account while sending. But it so happens, that I forget to keep changing the account names- while sending mails as a result, all my contact (personal and business) keep getting mails from other accounts. I agree that this is purely a question of discipline but still.. �s there a way I can ask outlook (macro?) to check with me before se...

Excel Question #16
What's the formula for adding different cells from the same column? Ex. a5+a22+a100 Les In an unused cell type =A5+A22+A100 and hit the <ENTER> key. If those cells have numbers, you will get an answer. OR you could use =SUM(A5+A22+a100) which ignores cells that are not numbers. i.e. A5 = 123, A22 = 123, A100 = "les" The SUM function would return 246 =A5+A22+A100 would throw an error. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:47:01 -0800, Les <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What's the formula for adding different cells from the same c...

Money 2007 setup question
So I have puchased and installed Money 2007 and am going through the initial setup screens. I have come to the step "Sign in to you Money file" which demands to have my Windows Lie ID and password. I do not understand why Money demands to have this information, especially since I will not be connecting to any of my acounts online. I have tried entering bogus information, it obviously attempts to validate the information. How do I get past this? I will not be using the online abilities of the application, I only want to use the local files to store my data. Is there a program u...

GET.CHART.ITEM returning strange results
I have some functionality written in VB that I am re-writing in C#, but I am getting a different result from the GET.CHART.ITEM macro for the exact same chart series point. This is running in Excel 2003. An example: VB CODE: --> result is 337.5 Dim returnValue as variant Series.points(1).select returnValue = Application. ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET.CHART.ITEM(1,1)") C# CODE: --> result is 309.25 Series.points(1).select object returnValue = _application.ExecuteExcel4Macro(("GET.CHART.ITEM(1,1)"); Another interesting note is that I run the same C# code on the sa...