Quantity Shortage Options - Backorder

When I have a shortage while entering a sales order, I want to be able to
Backorder Balance in the Quantity Shortage Options, but that is not an
option.  The Help window tells me to make sure the item is checked to "Allow
Backorders" and it is, but the backorder options still do not show up.

AB
0
AB (54)

You need to enable Back Order transferring on your SOP document type. In
addition, you will need to have a back order document setup and assign to the
Back Order ID field EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT USING BACKORDER DOCUMENTS.

To verify this, go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > Sales > Sales
Order Processing and click on the Sales Document Setup button. Choose the
correct document type for your case. Once the window is open, select the type
ID you are having issues with.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"AB" wrote:

> When I have a shortage while entering a sales order, I want to be able to
> Backorder Balance in the Quantity Shortage Options, but that is not an
> option.  The Help window tells me to make sure the item is checked to "Allow
> Backorders" and it is, but the backorder options still do not show up.

> AB
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Republish option
I am saving a worksheet as a web page, and have chosen for it to be automatically republished every time I save. The problem is...it seems to be appending to my old file, because my web page is just duplicating information every time I save. Is there a way to have it overwrite the old web page when it auto-republishes? ...

Item Quantities Maintenance Backordered Quantity
Where does the Backordered quantity come from in the Item Quantities Maintenance window? We have several items with a Backordered quantity but we have no unposted Sales backorders. It has been noted in many sites that this number does not track correctly. It is suppossedly the total of unposted backorder transactions (items on Backorder type documents). Most sites run inventory reconcile regularly to keep this number correct. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at ...

SOP Blank Options Invoice report
Hi, anybody an expert on this report? This form is selected when 'Include Tax Details' is checked on the Print Options screen, and prints a tax breakdown in the body of the report, after all line items, and before the footer totals. (the data is preprocessed and sequenced into the Sales Document Temp table as the last line items for the invoice). This works fine in the live company, but when I run this option in the test company, the tax breakdown, summary or by line does not print. (the right report is selected). Is there a setting somewhere that turns on/off invoice tax det...

Unzip a file, Word crashes
When I try to unzip a Word doc (Word 2007) Word crashes - literally opens millions of dialogue boxes (possibly related to the registry?) and the only way I can stop it is to go into task manager. Also, on drop down box on right clicking there's no unzip option. Help/advice please in simple step by step terms!!! How are you "unzipping" the file? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Natgus21"...

Delivary Options
Trying to figure out whey one of my email accounts is set up to send emails and a specific time and will not allow me to change it. I go into the options and change it, but it doesn't change. Anyone know a fix? What version of Outlook are you using? What kind of e-mail account is it? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "Chuck" <chuck73@no.com> wrote in message news:FF28FD17-003A-494F-8B2E-2EB3583C8630@microsoft.com... > Trying to figure out whey one of my email accounts i...

per-recipient send options
Hi. I am using outlook 2003 on my home computer. How do I use per-recipient send options? After selecting a recipient in the To box, and then selecting it, I click advanced, then send options. I get the error message, "Per-recipient send options could not be set. The recipient has no options specified." So where can/do I set these options? Thanks for any help. ERic I think you can only use those if you're attached to an Exchange Server. "Eric Swope" <EricSwope@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2CA89C2-CA47-4BD0-9095-6233DBC8CA5D@m...

option buttons/check boxes are shifting
Hello - The option buttons and check boxes I have put into a worksheet are shifting to the far left after every print job. Any idea what would make these move? Thanks for any insight! Dan Here's some previous discussion http://support.microsoft.com/d´┐Żefault.aspx?kbid=838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 There's a link on this URL: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=838910 How to obtain the hotfix This issue is fixed in the Excel 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix Hotfix Package May 6, 2004. For additional information, click the fol...

Inventory Item Quantities
I have a Retail liquor store that I am installing RMS. I have packages that I buy in cases but sell in six packs, twelve packs, and cases all broken down from a case. Is there a way to recieve the cases, and make the smaller quantities remove inventory from a main item when sold? There's a feature called Parent/Child - open item properties and go to the special tab - you'll see Parent Item and Child Quantity fields. This is described in the online help - start there and post back if you still have trouble. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com...

Invoice for less than the quantity ordered
We have a company who uses Great Plains that sells every item as drop ships. They sell a lot of products with a unit of measure of Ton. When the product is delivered it can never be delivered for the exact amount ordered (ex. ordered 25 tons, gets 24.877 tons when delivered). So, when we enter the invoice for the PO there is always a little bit left over that we need to get rid of. MBS Support gave me a way to be able to delete what is left but it is a lot of steps for someone to have to go through for every invoice. Plus in order to invoice for less than what was ordered on the sa...

"delivery options" failing to send email
I'm using Outlook2003w/BCM, and wondered if anyone has seen or knows how to solve problem with using delivery options to set an email to go out at later time, but then it doesn't go out... The PC setup I have is simple...a Linksys router, always-on DSL connection, and 2 PC's on the network. Sometimes Outlook is open, sometimes not. (The Linksys connection times-out every 10 minutes, but a send/recieve, or IE6, or anything...restarts the connection) I wrote 2 emails Tuesday, and entered into "Delivery Options" to deliver these at 9am Wednesday. (Outlook words it... &qu...

restrict the save as type options in an excel workbook
Is there any way within an Excel workbook, to restrict the save as type options in an excel spreadsheet? Particularly, I do not want anyone to be able to change from 2003 workbook to 2007. Thanks Dan hi, Dan ! > Is there any way within an Excel workbook, to restrict the save as type options in an excel spreadsheet? > Particularly, I do not want anyone to be able to change from 2003 workbook to 2007. it is assumed your workbook is already saved as 97/2003 excel version... 1) put this in your workbook code module (ThisWorkbook) Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boole...

Shipping charges on a backorder
When making a sale and you have some items that are backorderd, the shipping charge will go on to the baceorded transaction. We need the the shipping charge to go on the sales transaction and not on the backorder. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http...

yes or no option
How do I create a field in excel that only provides a user a yes or no option? Chief, have a look at data, validation -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Chief Quinn" <Chief Quinn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7D552C1-0649-4BB7-B96E-B50584414983@microsoft.com... > How do I create a field in excel that only provides a user a yes or no > option? Hi see: http://www.contextures.c...

LIST option missing in DATA Menu #2
I thought of that, too, but she says it does not show up at all, eve after staying in the menu and/or clicking on the down arrows -- cccgsmit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cccgsmith's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1524 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26873 Are you sure that she has Excel 2003? If she has an older version, the List command won't be available. To verify, choose Help>About Microsoft Excel. The version is shown at the top of the dialog box. If s...

excel chart options titles tab should allow copy paste in fields
Can't copy and paste in the fields in excel/chart options/titles/fields (ie Chart title etc). Should be allowed to do this. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=55741dd3-67ee-454f-ba47-c70...

Returned to OnHand quantity
A sales retuns was made and the quantity is entered in Returned column and posted. Now we like to make the quantity available as "on hand" value. We like to decrease the Returned quantity value for that item. We have tried making adjustment / variance entry, but it only affects the onhand quantity. We also need the returned quantity to be decreased. Can any one of you please say me how to do it? Thanks. You need to do an inventory transfer, in your case the "from" site and "to" site will be the same, you will want to transfer from qty type = 'retur...

Defaults for email tracking options
What is the default setting in Options->Preferences->Email Options->Tracking Options->Use this option to decide...? Thx If Outlook 2003, seems to be the top three checked by default... HTH >-----Original Message----- >What is the default setting in Options->Preferences- >Email Options->Tracking >Options->Use this option to decide...? > >Thx > > >. > I'm not clear on what you're saying. Is the default the first one: "Always send a response"? Thx "Ivan T. Williams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Specifying Optional child elements when creating a new XElement object
I'm creating an XML "document" programmatically using: new XElement("Root", new XElement("Child", "Child 1"), new XElement("Child", "Child 2"), new XElement("Child", "Child 3")); However, I want to add a child element optionally - based on a condition. At present I'm doing the following: bool addOptionalChild = true; new XElement("Root", addOptionalChild ? new XElement("OptionalChild", "Optional Child 1") : null, new XElement("Child", "Child 1&quo...

Message tracking & Mailbox store options
Hi All, We are having a 2 node Exchange 2003 cluster. Everything is OK but I am unable to enable Message tracking. I had started the µsoft Exchange Mgmt & Windows Mgmt Instrumentation services but the fact is that, in the Exchange system mgr. by right clicking on my server and selecting properties I was surprised to see that both the options viz., "Enable Subject logging & display" & "Enable Message tracking" are disabled/grayed out. I need to know how to enable them. Also I want to salvage deleted mails for 7 days (which is by default) on Exchange...

Missing option in two instances of GP80
I have two GP80 SPANISH installation inone of those I go this way Inquiry > Finance > Account acum (Consultas>>Financiero>>Acumulación de Cuentas) Has anyone had this problem? Thanks ...

Setting languege options
I have set my language options to "English (UK)" in outlook and in word. When I'm righting a email it has English UK at the bottom and it is using the auto correct English dictionary. But when outlook checks spelling before sending "english (US)" is the defult languege. I'm using office 2002(XP) and have got word as my email editor Any help would be gratefully received ...

Purge option not available in Mailbox Store for deleted mailbox.
I have deleted a users mailbox and also tehir NT account. Now when I go in to the mailbox store and right click the deleted mailbox, I do not get the options to reconnect or Purge the mailbox. Please could somebody tell me how I can purge the mailbox. Do I need to recreate the account and then reconnect it, before dleteing it and purging it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Steve No, this is because the cleanup agent didn't run against the Information Store yet, you can run it manually by right-clicking the sotre and selecting "Run cleanup agent", then you...

Format Combo box to show first option in field
Not sure if my subject line makes sense, but I have a series of combo boxes that a user will use to look up various values, and make a selection based on the values available. In the first combo box, the user will look up a product-- there are several in the list. In the next combo box, the user can select size, and based on the product selected, there might only be a few sizes to choose from. In the next combo box the user can select a color. Again, based on the previous two selections, by now there might be only 1 color available; however, there may be more. If there is only one color I&...

unknown "Invalid attribute/option identifier" error
hi, i have a trigger in mssql wich should update a table in a msaccess database using the OPENROWSET, it is activated after an update action in the 'Item' table of the MSSQL this is the trigger: [code] /* Trigger body */ UPDATE OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0','\\nas1\workware\OrderManager\MyData.mdb';'Admin';'********',Inventory) SET Barcode = Inserted.ItemLookupCode FROM Item, Inserted WHERE LocalSKU IN ( SELECT SubDescription3 FROM Item WHERE ItemLookupCode = Inserted.ItemLookupCode) [/code] and this is the error it is returning me: [code] [...

Enterprise global - Calendars
Hi, We work with Project Server 2007. As an administrator, I opened the Enterprise Calendars from PWA to modify the Standard calendar and make the settings available for all the connected users. I also opened Enterprise Global from PWA and changed settings in Calendar and Schedule tabs, and saved Enterprise Global to server. When a user connects to the server with Project Professional 2007, the standard calendar is the same than the one in the server (expected behaviour) but the settings in Tools Options Schedule and Calendar tabs are not the same (unexpected behaviour). This ...