Purchase Resolution Tables

PRW tables in Great Plains - are these tables temporary tables populated only
when the purchase resolution is run?
Im asking because i want to extract data in crystal from the PRW40034 table
but cant seen any PRW tables via crystal.
Thanks
Theo :)
0
theo (92)

I reckon these PRW tables are names of once before existing tables in earlier
versions of GP - i believe the tables I want are the MPO tables
If this is 100% (im at about 95% with this) its a shame MBS havent cleared
up the table list to NOT show tables that are no longer used.
Theo :)

"Theo" wrote:

> PRW tables in Great Plains - are these tables temporary tables populated only
> when the purchase resolution is run?
> Im asking because i want to extract data in crystal from the PRW40034 table
> but cant seen any PRW tables via crystal.
> Thanks
> Theo :)
0
theo (92)

Consolidating tables for reporting through crystal
I was wondering if anyone out there has come up with a good way of reporting across multiple companies? We have 30 distinct companies in GP and the best solution I have come up with is to create a stored procedure that pulls data from each company db. I can then use Crystal to report off that sp and get consolidated information. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Doug Consider using views using union queries, instead of stored procs. there is one other way You cn use an OLAP tool such as Proclarity from Professional Advantage or XL Reporter from solver Inc These tools give you more tha...

Speeding up access programs with linked tables
The business that i help program is running with alot of access programs and many of them seem to be extremely slow when they are using linked tables. what are some possible solutions for this situation? Thanks, Nathan What are the linked to? Other Access databases or some other database such as SQL Server or Oracle? If another database, look into creating views in them that gathers up the data especially if there are table joins. Also research pass-through queries where the work in done on the database server and not Access. If linked to other Access databases, then prop...

How do I reference one cell in a table by using both the row and .
If I have a table with column headings and row headings that are different and I want to find out the information for a particular cell based on what is in those headings, how would I do that. i.e. if I had columns marked 1-10 and rows labled 2005 - 2010 how would I find the information of the cell that matched column 6 and row 2008? One way: Assuming the column/row you want to look up is in K1/K2, respectively, =VLOOKUP(K2,A1:J6,MATCH(K1,A1:J1,FALSE),FALSE) or, if you named your table "table": =VLOOKUP(K2,table,MATCH(K1,OFFSET(table,,,1,),FALSE),FALSE) In artic...

Deploy a DDL trigger to prevent dropping tables for mulitple datab
The SQL 2005 server I am using has mulitple databases. The database MyDB is one of them. I make a DDL trigger to prevent deleting columns in tables in MyDB. Here is the script to make the trigger: CREATE TRIGGER Safety ON DATABASE FOR ALTER_TABLE AS RAISERROR ('Table schema cannot be modified in database. You must disable Trigger "Safety" to drop or alter tables!', 16, 1); ROLLBACK ; The trigger works well for MyDB. Whenever deleting a column in a table inside MyDB, the transaction is not allowed. Now, I want to set up the same trigger not only mon...

Pivot Table
Is there any way to set the default settings for the Table Options for every new pivot table that you build? Also, is there a way to change the default format for a numeric field (number, 0 decimal places, instead of the original 2) Thanks, Rds, Ignacio ...

Linked Tables headache
Hi I have a database with 43 linked files. Normally, when I need to link it to a new version of the back end, I use the Linked Table Manager, I thick Always Prompt for New Location, then click on Select All, then browse to where the back end is, and it links all the tables. Now, it is asking me again for each individual table. This is totally unacceptable from the clients point of view. 1) It takes all day. 2) It's too much can go wrong. Is there any way I can write my own routine to do this properly? Stapes See http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0009.htm at "The Access Web"...

Using Microsoft Query data in a pivot table.
I'm using MS Query/SQL to pull data from a database that holds accounting information. I have a column (fee) that represents a payment that was made, so, obviously, the number is negative. In SQL, I can change the code to multiply the column by -1 (-1*fee)to make the data positive and everything works fine. However, when I refresh the data in my spreadsheet, it takes that field and moves it to the last column. Do Pivot Tables in Excel expect the columns in a certain order, or does it only look for a matching header, regardless of location? If the former is the case, how to I ge...

differences between two tables
I'm trying to find the differences between two tables, A and B. There are some records in A that are not in B, there are some in B that are not in A, and there are some in both but with differences in the fields. I'm not getting everything. Does anyone have any ideas how I can tackle this? Thanks! Use a UNION ALL query. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "denise" wrote: > I'm trying to find the differences between two tables, A and B. There are > some records in A that are not in B, there are some in B that are not in A, > and there are s...

Excel Graphs / Table not printing with the Word Document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I've cut and pasted excel graphs / charts into a word document. When I print the document the spaces where the Excel products are located come out blank. Text prints fine. I'm fairly new with Mac so it's likely a setting I made but cannot find what I did to correct problem. Thanks! 3Sons@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > > I've cut and pasted excel graphs / charts into a word document. When I print the document the spaces where the Excel products are locat...

Pivot Table with two row header?
Can I create a Pivot Table using a combination of two rows as the header? Example: Row B1 = May_05 Row B2 = June_05 A3 thru A10 = Dates B3 thru B10 = Values I want to establish B1 & B2 together is the header row. I need to do this because C1 = May_05, C2 = Aug_05. My header is a pair of months. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thank You, Steve -- sslack ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sslack's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16442 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php...

Problem with pivot table #2
I am trying to create a pivot table. I have the following fields: cust#, item#, and quantities for different months. I want the pivot table to look like this: data cust item jan feb march 123 1 1 2 3 123 2 4 5 6 124 1 1 1 1 etc But I am getting cust item Data 123 1 sum of January 1 sum of February 2 sum of March 3 123 2 sum of Jan etc How do I do this? Thanks! In the Pi...

Pivot Table showing wrong data
I have a table with information such as Salesperson, Customer, Sales $, Year, Month, Date_Customer_Started. The data contains info for 2009 and 2010. I am trying to determine for every new account created in 2009 and 2010, Sales by new customer and salesperson. The Pivot table has sales data and count of customers by year and the rows contain Salesperson, Customer, Month and date_Customer_started. I expect if a customer started in April 2009, and the customer continuing to buy in 2010, sales figures by year and month and the count of customer only in 2009. But the pivot table sh...

Copy setup tables and changing functional currency
I have a Company database named PRIMARY where the Default currency is USD. The Company has 8 other currencies. I have a brand new Company database named SECONDARY and I want the Default currency to be VEB and not USD. I have read tech articles 872709 and 874208 on using DTS to get the setup data over to the new Company database. This is a 7.5 version of GP. I seem to have an issue with database triggers on the SECONDARY Company database after the DTS. Has anybody been through the process of creating a new Company database along with DTS of the setup tables and changed the functional cu...

Creating Lookup Field Between Two Tables
I have a main table with about 5000 records of companies I may want to do business with. Now I've created another table showing the differences in the business practices of the companies. I'd like to be able to lookup the company name and information in table one by ID number rather than retype it for table two. I know there is a way to create a lookup table in table two in order to look it up and select the applicable ID number but I've tried using the Wizard and I'm getting nowhere. HELP! Thanks, Ron You need to create forms based on your table(s) or quer...

store multiple timestamps in one row on table
Hello, I am trying to create a form that allows an employee to select their name and click a command button to store the time they leave for lunch and another button the time that they return. I have each button coded to be written to a table, but I would like to have the in and out times be stored on the same row so I can have a function subtract the two. Currently, it writes a new row for each click of the button. Any help would be appreciated. On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:19:56 -0800 (PST), roostorx@gmail.com wrote: >Hello, > >I am trying to create a form that allows an employee to ...

New Excel data does not appear in linked Access table
I have an Excel2000 worksheet which contains 5 columns of data. I created a table in Access97 which is linked to the worksheet. For the last year, any data added to the worksheet appears in the table. Now the worksheet exceeds 1,683 rows. All data in rows 1684 and beyond does not appear in the table. The worksheet has never had any Named Ranges. Following the suggestion in article 197232, I defined a name range which included data in rows 1 to 2000. Data in rows 1684 and beyond is still not visible in the table. Is the "restriction" in Access or Excel? How can I get around thi...

Pivot Table
Good day everyone. Is there a way to deselect multiple items from a field that was dragged into the Pivot Table? I have some fields that have 100 choices and I would like to quickly display just areas that I need. This means that I may select 10 items and deselect 90. Then, get the numbers I was looking for and repeat the process for a different 10. Grouping isn't an option because people come with different requests, many with overlapping records. Any ideas? Thank you and have a great day. You can use a macro to hide or show the items -- there's some sample code on my web sit...

External table is not in the expected format
Hi Access 2003 - trying to import some dbf/cdx files On one machine - access 2003 sp1, they import fine. On another machine, also Access 2003 sp1, I get an error 'External table is not in the expected format'. Why would this be so ? Thanks Bruce ...

Convert Word Table to Excel Spreadsheet
I know how to use the mail merge feature from Excel to Word, but how about from existing labels in Word to a usable Excel spreadsheet. My approaches have been to save word as .txt and then get external data in Excel. That works great accept I need to be able to have different column fields like Name, Address, City, State etc. What is the best way to go about doing this? Any help?? Thank you in advance. Have you tried Copy and Paste? You may need to play with cell borders if the borders show in the Word doc. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from em...

About Purchase Order Number Type
Would there be any ways to handle different automatic number series for Standard Purchase Order rather than manually changing it during input? Alexis, GP only offers one numbering sequence for Purchase Orders, so this is not possible without either manually changing the numbers of a customization. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Alexis" <Alexis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B457E787-1F8A-4F14-8A69-CA3CE3AF578C@microsoft.com... > Would there be any ways to handle different automatic number series for > Standard Purcha...

How to analyze data and output it in table form?
I am a beginner in MS Access and would like to try some data analysis. I have a database like this: http://hk.geocities.com/butterflycharles/access.jpg And I would like to analyze the data and output a table like this: http://hk.geocities.com/butterflycharles/academicprofile.jpg Please let me know what I should use(e.g. query, functions, reports, etc.). If possible, please let me know the corresponding tutorials so that I can understand what's going on. I wonder if crosstab query is the answer. Thank you!!! ...

Pivot table order active
how do i get my order feature in a pivot table actvie it's greyed out now? what are the steps? thanks What are you trying to do in the pivot table? What do you have selected when you choose the Order command? If you're trying to rearrange the items in a field, right-click on the item in the heading area, and choose Order, then one of the Move options. Tere01 wrote: > how do i get my order feature in a pivot table actvie > it's greyed out now? > what are the steps? > > thanks > > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextu...

Adding records to a table via a subform
I have a many-to-many relationship between event outings and participants. On the form for the outing, the user may select participants from a dropdown box in a subform to add an entry to the table that links the event outings table and participants table. I'm running into an issue with the subform. The entry to the link table is not being created until I go to the next row down on the subform,. So if I select Albert Adams from the dropdown, no record is created until I go to the next row in the subform. Is there a way to correct this? Thanks Jeff Jeffrey Marks wrote: ...

populate table using multiselect listbox
Access 2003 I have a main form called f001ProjectReview (PK ProjectID). There is a subform called f022Shipping(PK ShipID, SK ProjectID) with a simple multiselect listbox called lstIncoTerm. The listbox can have a multiple choice selection. When the user selects one or more items in the listbox, how do I get the table called t12ShipIncoTerms to update with the ShipID and lstIncoTerms for each selection in the listbox? Thanks in advance! -- deb On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:00:01 -0800, deb <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When the user selects one or more...

Word table cell marking routine needed
Hello, I have a thorny problem that I am hoping for a creative solution to - I have scripts that convert Word tables to tab-separated text, but because some cells are (intentionally) left empty in the source document, I need a way to mark them before they are collapsed so that in their collapsed state there are not two consecutive tabs left behind, rather, a tab followed by a placeholder string of my own devising, followed by the second tab. My script consolidates consecutive tabs into a single tab later (because the vast majority of consecutive tabs in such documents are truly unnecessary). ...