Purchase Order Receivings

Allow a default for the company or the user that can set the receiving type
to either Shipment or Shipment/Invoice

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4780a245-fdd2-4575-a61b-e7c1ec783d05&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Great Idea

"Mike@SoftSolGrp" wrote:

> Allow a default for the company or the user that can set the receiving type
> to either Shipment or Shipment/Invoice
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4780a245-fdd2-4575-a61b-e7c1ec783d05&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Jason4159 (666)
8/26/2005 7:49:02 PM
You can accomplish this easily using VBA.  You use a .dll from GP to retrieve
the user id and company information.  Based on the user and/or company you
can set the doc type.  You can also set access to PO doc type using security.
--
Jim

"Mike@SoftSolGrp" wrote:

> Allow a default for the company or the user that can set the receiving type
> to either Shipment or Shipment/Invoice
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4780a245-fdd2-4575-a61b-e7c1ec783d05&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
vollanter (20)
9/9/2005 7:45:27 PM
I happen to see this post and needed a solution for the same issue.
If anyone can advise what kind of security that Jim is talking about here?

Thanks,
Sugih

"Jim Vollanter" wrote:

> You can accomplish this easily using VBA.  You use a .dll from GP to retrieve
> the user id and company information.  Based on the user and/or company you
> can set the doc type.  You can also set access to PO doc type using security.
> --
> Jim
>

> "Mike@SoftSolGrp" wrote:
>
> > Allow a default for the company or the user that can set the receiving type
> > to either Shipment or Shipment/Invoice
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4780a245-fdd2-4575-a61b-e7c1ec783d05&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Sugih (78)

Tab order after using pop up calendar on date field
After selecting a value in a date field by using the pop up calendar, the tab order on the screen sometimes goes to the first dollar sign ($) on the screen and tabs through each dollar sign until the last one is reached and then starts tabbing through the fields starting with the first one instead of just tabbing to the next field. This happens if the cursor was in a text or number field and the value in the field was not selected (highlighted) when the calendar button was pushed. If the date was typed in to the date field (as apposed to selected using the pop up calendar) then the su...

Qty on hand not reducing when submitting order
Hi, we have CRM 3.0 and GP 9 with the CRM Connector for Dynamics GP installed. When we create orders in CRM and then submit the order, the qty on hand for the products is not reducing. It only seems to reduce once the Order is changed to an Invoice in Great Plains. In our old version 1.2 w/ GP 7.5, this was not the case. The qty on hand was reduced as soon as the order was submitted. Does anyone know if this is by design or if there is some place to change those settings? Thanks. - Jeff ...

NEW E-MAIL RECEIVED SOUND
Ok, I know this sounds petty, but... I have a user that receives a sound through the internal speaker when she receives an e-mail and all other users receive the SOUND set "NEW MAIL NOTIFICATION" notify.wav. The users notification that she receives a new e-mail is through the internal speaker of the Client Box on a Windows 2000 box. The other users of the same Client Box receive the standard notification through the sound card and the attached external speakers. The biggest problem is that she writes the paychecks. Please help if you can. Thanks, Marshall W. Lawrence On Tue...

Error 0x80040118 when sending/receiving
Any clue what error 0x80040118 (unknown error) is. I get this on a pop3 account in Outlook 2002. I have googled it and didn't find anything. Thanks What is happening when this error occurs? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "tk" wrote: > Any clue what error 0x80040118 (unknown error) is. I get this on a pop3 > account in Outlook 2002. I have googled it and didn't find anything. > > Thanks > > > ...

Delays in receiving email
One of our users is reporting that there is a delay in the delivery of her emails coming into her inbox. She only sees the new messages when she clicks on a folder (any folder) in her folder list (tree). Nobody else in the office is reporting problems and she is using the same version of Outlook as others. I installed the latest SP to see if it would help but it hasn't. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Jack ...

Random Exchange mail not being received/delivered to extenal compa
Over the past few weeks I've had quite a few staff members compain that certain emails are not be recieved or deleivered into there mailboxes to/from external companies. What steps should I take to troublshoot this major problem? Turn on some sort of logging? Test connections? (how??) Version: Exchange 2003 Thanks Rex Rex <Rex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Over the past few weeks I've had quite a few staff members compain that >certain emails are not be recieved or deleivered into there mailboxes to/from >external companies. > >What steps should I ta...

z-order in dialog editor
Hi, I'm getting entirely frustrated in attempting to layout a dialog and manipulate the controls. I'm using MFC in VS2003. There doesn't appear to be any ability within the Format menu to manipulate the z-order of the controls on the dialog. I went into the "Customize..." dialog and found "Bring to Front" and "Send to Back" under the Format menu. I added these to my Format toolbar thinking that I had solved the problem. So what happened? Nothing! I select a control and the "Bring to Front" and "Send to Back" toolba...

using outlook can you receive without tapping on receive messages
I would like to be able to see new messages in my in box without having to use the receive tab. Is there a way to have them just come into my inbox without tapping on receive Set up automatic mail polling every 10 minutes in Tools, Options. "lmg" wrote: > I would like to be able to see new messages in my in box without having to > use the receive tab. Is there a way to have them just come into my inbox > without tapping on receive I tried this advise and it still does not work. "Mary" wrote: > Set up automatic mail polling every 10 minutes in Tools, Op...

Outlook error 0x80040600 on receive
My WinXP system had locked up and I had to power cycle it. Upon opening Outlook 2003, it checked the mailbox for integrity, then failed on downloading new mail. Error is "task 'xxx.com - receiving' reported error (0x80040600):'Unknown error 0x80040600'" This is a POP3 account and my local inbox has over 3000 messages in it. Restarting Outlook hasn't made any difference, nor has deleting the messages in webmail. The error comes back when new mail comes in. Thanks, Dave Dave <dlmcmurray@bellsouth-NOSPAM.net> wrote in news:Xns9825D3F635464dlmcmurrbellso...

Correct ordering of Include directories?
Given the following Include and Lib folders in VS6 and VS7.1, could you help me understand the proper ordering of the folders? I'm pretty new to VC++/MFC, and I'm sometimes having issues during builds that indicate redefinition, perhaps duplicate includes of header declarations, etc. Thanks a million for helping me clear this up. I'm not sure if the "more-specific" stuff should be above the "more-general" stuff, and also not clear whether the \MFC and \ATL family of folders are specifically required. VS6 Include Directories C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\Inc...

How can I copy a horizontal range in reverse order?
I have a range of dates listed in order from left to right with the most recent dates at the right. I need to put those columns of dates in reverse order so the most recent dates are on the left. Help. Have you tried Data|Sort? -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Steve" <steve@hanksspec.com> wrote in message news:249501c3fc6c$56327240$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a range of dates listed in order from left to right > with the most recent dates at the right. I need to put > those columns of dates in reverse order so th...

How to add new status reason to Order Cancel or Fullfill
Hi, we need to adjust naming and augment the choices on those actions. Ie change "No Money" by "Project Canceled" Thanks for your help /Patrice Hi Patrice take a look at the attribute "status reason" within the entity Order. http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/08/16/702642.aspx Best regards "Patrice" wrote: > Hi, > we need to adjust naming and augment the choices on those actions. > Ie change "No Money" by "Project Canceled" > Thanks for your help > /Patrice The attribute for Orders has picklist of Original C...

Can't purchase Publisher 2007 after Trial
I have used the trial version of Publisher 2007 for 2 months. I get the following error message when I attempt to convert from trial to full version online: http://indeego.com/officetrialtofullconversion.png I've cleared cookies, cache, etc, same message each time. Ideas? This is a production system and I thought I'd just give credit card and get going. Please reply to newsgroup as I don't read e-mail from this account. You could move your temp folder and see if that helps. Look at your firewall. Is it allowing access? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.c...

Recipients not receiving mail, not in postmaster account either
I have several recipients that are not receiving mail from "good" senders, and the mail is not dropping into the Postmaster mailbox (which is set as an SMTP alias on the Administrator account). Where can I find these incoming emails? The senders are not receiving any error replies. It is as though the emails are just disappearing without ever being seen by anyone. When I check my Administrator/Postmaster account via Outlook, I am not seeing "kicked out" messages. There are quite a few non-deliverables (such as messages sent to non-existent users in the directory) and s...

Change sorting order behavior for columns with pick list values
Please change the behavior for sorting anny view for any entity to the label name instead of the value of the label. as Microsoft CRM 3.0 has a bit strange way of the sorting behavior in views for columns with pick list values When in a view (any view for any entity) When a column is a pick list field When I sort the view on the column which is a pick list field The sorting order is not by label name The sorting order is not by order in the pick list The sorting order appears to be on the value belonging to the label result looks to be un-logical ---------------- This post is a suggesti...

Stop users from send/receive receipts
I've looked through the news groups for the following question, but haven't been able to find a solution for W2K3. I have an E2K3 server with only one domain. I want to eliminate BOTH delivery and read receipts. Especially within the internal domain users. If the fix is to eliminate both internal and external receipts, this is fine. I read that adding your internal domain to "internet message formats" and not selecting the check boxes in the advanced tab will work for E2K, but didn't work for me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, brian On ...

Getting the Purchase Order Format to default to correct one
Hello, we are using the blank form for our purchase orders and currently when my users try to print a purchase order they have to select the blank form. It does not default into the Purcahase Order Print Options window. Currently it is blank when the window opens and they have to select it. In POP setup I have selected that as the default Purchase Order Format. My question is do I have to modify that window with modifier to make it default in or is there a simpler way to make this happen? Al, Something caught my attention of what you stated: "It does not default into the Purcahas...

Sort text Values in Numeric Order
I changed a field type in Access from Number to Text to allow 1a, 1b, etc. and now when the data is imported into my Excel workbooks, the order is still sorting as text (1, 10, 100, 101, 2, 20, etc.). Any thought son how to get it to sort correctly now? Thanks! Karl, IN an adjacent column add this formula =--A1 copy down and then sort by the helper column. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Karl Burrows" <karlspam@spam.yourbeacon.com> wrote in message news:uSRbPcxmFHA.2920@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I changed a field type in...

All Replies from One Account Regardless of Which Received
I have two accounts set up in Outlook 2007. I want to receive mail via one but when I hit reply have OL automatically use the other. I have already set the other as the default account in TOOLS-- ACCOUNT SETTINGS. Is this possible and if so how? No it is not possible automatically. Outlook used the receiving account = to send by default. You would need to change it manually for each item = you send (use the Accounts button). --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, BigK asked: | I have two acco...

MO created from sales order
We generate MOs silently from our sales order if there is an inventory shortage. Now we want to change things slightly: 1. We want MOs to be generated from sales orders if sales orders are placed on site A. 2. We do not want MOs to be generated from sales orders if sales orders are placed on site B. How can I set this up in Great Plains? any ideas are welcome. Best option is Item Resource Planning. If Site is A then Replenishment Method is Make, if B then Buy. -- http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "Jack Tundra" wrote: > We generate MOs silently from our sales order if the...

Inventory Received/Booked/Commited during Date Range
Does anybody have a report that shows me the detailed cost amounts and quantity per P.O. of goods received during a certain time frame? So if I receive part of a P.O. in April and Part of a P.O. in May and I run the "received report" for April I only want to see the quantities and cost for the part of the P.O. that was received in April. Never mind, I found the report that I needed on Customer Source. "Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message news:eupu52zyIHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anybody have a report that shows me the detailed cost amounts and ...

Manufacturing Order Entry BOM Revision
Here is the situation, Our BOM's have a revision, for example 603-001 when I change a MO from Open to Released. We update the BOM Revision to 603-002. I enter a component transaction entry pick document, and the then look up the MO on the MO Entry window and the Revision has updated to 603-002 (new revision) however the picklist is still the 603-001 (which is what I want) How come the MO entry window shows the most current BOM revision instead of the revision the MO was released at? -- Doug GP Manufacturing records the revision number but does not really support r...

send/receive malfunction
Unable to activate "receive" for "send & receive all". Only each individual email address will work separately .. What to do ? ...

Changing display order of primary & secondary axes in Excel charts
I'm trying to create a chart that uses horizontal bars to indicate the ideal stacking of tenants in a building (with each row containing several different boxes, or tenants, depending upon the size of the floor) in Excel 2003. One entry in the data table for this chart is "available floor area" which indicates the total sq. ft. available on each floor; this entry is plotted on the secondary axis, and all the tenants' (sq.ft.) leases are shown on the primary axis. Ideally, objects on the primary axis (bars representing individual tenant leases)should show up as being...

Outlook Send and Receive Progress window
This window keeps popping up every time OUtlook sends and receives, even though I check the box "Don't show this dialog box." Can anyone help me to turn the thing off? I also have Norton Antivirus scanning the incoming mail, if that makes any difference. You did not post your Outlook version. Take a look at this MS KB article, it may help: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q327/9/07.asp -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Easydoesit" <davehumphrey2@home.com> wrote in message news:ugZr2FgtEHA.2864@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > This window kee...