Purchase order Processing

Hi,
A purchase order that was received, not posted, got posted in error.  What
is the best way of "reversing" this error?
--
P McCarthy
0

Hi--

You would enter a return, transactions>>purchasing>>returns trx entry.
If it was only received, you would choose to enter  Return type.  If
it was received and invoiced, you would enter a Return with Credit.

Please note, this will NOT open the PO back up to be received, you
will have to enter a new PO or if the PO is not completely received,
you could also edit it to increase the amountt to be received.

Take care,
Christina

0
turtlesoup00 (221)
11/10/2009 1:52:37 PM
No,

However - this is a hotly debated item. You cannot 'return' the item and
open it up for receiving.

Leslie

"P McCarthy" wrote:

> Hi,
> A purchase order that was received, not posted, got posted in error.  What
> is the best way of "reversing" this error?
> --
> P McCarthy
0
LeslieVail (702)

Import sales orders with configured items through econnect
Has anyone tried to get sales orders with configured items into Great Plains through econnect. I cannot find a schema for configured item details in econnect. Please post if anyone knows how to handle this issue and has done it so far. Thank you in advance. jacktundra@hotmail.com ...

List opportunities order by estimatedclosedate and name of custome
I had done an aspx that returns all open opportunities ordered ascending by estimatedclosedate, or ordered ascending by name of customer. But when i try to order de two attributtes at the same time, nothing happens, because if i filter first by name of customer, and next by estimatedclosedate, the result comes ordered by estimatedclosedate. Anyone can help me? -- Regards, Pedro Airó ...

Disable Price Locking When Quote Converted to an Order
When an order is created for a quote the price is locked so cannot be changed (unlike when creating an order direct). We only use Quotes and Orders to monitor correspondence not as a the primary sales order mechanism so we need teh flexibilty of making changes after the order is created. Does anybody know how this can be disabled? thanks Scott ...

can excel put document in alphabectic order automatically?
I am trying to make a phone list and I am doing it just by memory and I dont want to have to go by alphabetically, my brain doesn't work that way. Please help. I am woking with Excel 2003 in windows xp home edition Hi Miss, > I am trying to make a phone list and I am doing it just by memory and I dont > want to have to go by alphabetically, my brain doesn't work that way. Please > help. When you're done, select your table and simply choose Data, Sort and select the proper options. Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jkp-ads.com Once you have entered al...

Internet Order variables in exchange table through the Yahoo stores module
Hi everyone, I have a custom built shopping cart based on the yahoo stores module and I use the exchange table to import the web orders. The only documentation I have is the example provided in the Knowledge base. In the example, there is no tag for discount, how can i specift a discount the the transaction? Also, the currency is denoted by: <Order currency="USD" id="smspos-588"> Some orders are in canadian, what should I write in this case? Thank you very much Rami I would imagine the Canadian currency is just set to CND and the smspos-588 stays the same. T...

coallating designator and sort order
Hi, in 2005 MS SQL , how can I see coallating designator and sort order of my instance ? Thanks. big (big@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > in 2005 MS SQL , how can I see coallating designator and sort order of my > instance ? SELECT serverproperty('Collation') Note that the collation can be over-ridden on database level and eventually on column level. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 20...

Creating an order for a client
when you create an order for a client in BP are you using a GP licence? No, you are not using a GP license within Business Portal. You are using a BP license. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Catherine the Brit" wrote: > when you create an order for a client in BP are you using a GP licence? If the back office (GP) is on the same box as Business Portal - why do we need to have TS? "Charles Allen" wrote: > No, you are not using a GP license within Business Portal. You are using a BP > license. > -- > Charles Allen, MVP > > > > "Catheri...

Project Purchase Orders #2
Can someone tell me how to move purchase orders to historical (from open) Is there a monthly process to run or something? thanks! To close the purchase orders, the user should go to the "PA Edit Purchase Order Status" window (Transactions>Project>PA Edit Purchase Order) and you can select the status of the Purchase Order as a whole or per line entry to "Close". Hope this helps. "Doug" wrote: > Can someone tell me how to move purchase orders to > historical (from open) Is there a monthly process to run > or something? > > thanks...

Process left behind
Each time I start and shut down outlook it leaves a process behind which has to be ended with the task manager. I can end up with several to close. Any ideas would be appreciated. Peter. ...

Minimizing Outlook 2002 puts it near front of tab order
I've been having (what I think is) a very strange problem with Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000. If there is more than one other top-level window open and Outlook 2002's main window is minimized, OL's main window then shows up as the second window in the tabbing (Alt+Tab) order. To reproduce this, open several applications, bring OL to the front, minimize it, and then hold down Alt+Tab. Regardless of how many other non-minimized windows are open, OL still shows up as the second window (after the one on top). This contrasts sharply with the normal behavior of top-level windows, where a ...

Open PO in Dynamics not showing Line Item on Order in Business Por
Quantity Ordered in Purchase Order Entry shows 60 but when I look item up in the Business Portal under Inventory Items On Order shows 0??? Please help!!! Have you Printed the PO yet? What does Quantity On Order in GP Item Inquiry say? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "tstrop" wrote: > Quantity Ordered in Purchase Order Entry shows 60 but when I look item up in > the Business Portal under Inventory Items On Orde...

Anyone have issue with the migration process?
Hell-o, Will be migrating from 5.5 to ex 2003 and wanted to know if anyone else has already done this and what successes or failures where experienced or your opion on the migration utility. THANKS, Gary An exchange migration could be done in two differents ways: If you have a few users only, then you can use Microsoft exchange migration wizard from exchange 2003. If is a very large organization, think about active directory connector, connection agreements, etc to make both systems coexist while migrating users. >-----Original Message----- >Hell-o, >Will be migrating from 5.5...

Business Process Management(BPM) Tutorial, Workflow
Business Process Management or BPM,is the practice of improving the efficiency and effectiveness of any organization by automating the organization's business processes.Workflow is the movement of documents and/or tasks through a work process. http://flying-rugs.com/business-process-management/BPM.html ...

Multiple Outlook.exe Entries in the Task Manager Process List
Outlook 2003 (from the recent Students & Teachers suite) works fine on two computers that share a .pst file. One of the computer lists OUTLOOK.EXE many (e.g.,four) times in the process list of the task manager, even though I am not running Outlook at the time. I can end the processes with no apparent problem. None of this happens on the second computer. Why are there multiple OUTLOOK.EXE processes running? Thanks. PS-Remove "removethisnospam7" from the above email address. ...

sendStringToExecute() : execution order ?
Hi, i have ARX in an MDI application with several child windows, each one encapsuled in an DocumentObject. I want to execute a command for every child, and i use sendStringToExecute(): the simplified problem is: for (all documentObjects) { AcApDocument* doc = documentObject.getDocument(); AcApDocManager()->setCurDocument(doc); sendStringToExecute(doc, "my_command", false, true, false); } The first strange thing is, that AutoCAD first runs through ALL objects doing a setCurDocument() for every document, and ONLY THEN starts to execute the "my_command" for...

Closing a form error 2585 This action cannot be carried out while processing a form or report event
Closing a form error 2585 This action cannot be carried out while processing a form or report event. This message is occurring in a pop-up I have created to add line items to an invoice. The form works fine if they create a line item and click the ITEM DONE button which adds the item to a temporary table and then executes Call Line_Item_Wrap_Up This is the code executed which simply determines which module called it, reopens that form, and closes the current form. This work fine under normal circumstances. Sub Line_Item_Wrap_Up() DoCmd.SetWarnings True If Public_CALLED_LINE_ITEM...

purchase invoice entry
When matching a PO to a receipt number, I would like to see each line item numbered. When I match the invoices to our PO's, it is so much easier when there is a problem to see if it has to do with missing quantities without having to count each line item! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

GP8.0
Hi, one of the user was posting a purchase receipt when its computer crashed. this cause and issue because now each time we go to the PURCHASE ORDER DOCUMENT INQUIRY screen, we get a PRIMARY KEY VIOLATION error [Microsoft]ODBC Sql Server Driver SQL SERVER Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint PK##0300334. Cannot insert duplicate key in object dbo.##0300334. then it says : the stored procedure popSelectPoDocumentInquiry returned the following results : DBMS: 2627, Great Plains:0. i narrowed it down and i figured out that the Purchase receipt is showing in both POP10600 and POP30300 w...

"Tab Order for Specific Fields"
Is there a way to select specific fields, that once an item is entered in that specific field it would select a another specific field? I hope this make sense. Thanks Hi Bernardo, You can affect the way the tab key works by - Preselecting your range (single or multiple areas) of cells - Protecting cells you don't want the user to move to - Event Change macro Worksheet_SelectionChange to prevent entry in certain columns (#ws_sc2) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#ws_sc2 --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages:...

Sequenced Activities in a Sales Process
We have a sequence of activities that occur within one sales stage in our sales process. Currently, when this stage is started, all the activities are dropped at the same time into the Activity List. Is there a way to sequence activities? For example, in our 'Win' stage, I don't want to schedule placing an order until after a deposit check has been received, which happens after a signed Statement of Work. I could swear I saw this functionality at one time when I was poking around, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find it again. Okay, I found what I saw befor...

Outlook stuck in process loop?
A couple of days ago I applied the following updates to my work PC--which is a Pentium(R) D CPU2.80GHz with 2GB RAM running XP Professional, ver 2002, service pack 2: KB937894 KB942840 KB942763 KB941569 KB941568 KB942615 KB944653 Now, it seems as though there is a process stuck in a loop when I run Outlook 2003. I can retrieve (although it takes longer), view and author messages without problem, however, the mouse pointer alternates between pointer and busy hourglass about once per second. Very annoying. A view of resources shows Outlook using about 48% of CPU resources. Curiously, if a dial...

Big bug with Z-Ordering in MFC (or resources or whatever...)
When you put a control over another control, say for example a Button over a Static control, the static draws itself over the button, so you cant see the button, but when you click the button (where you guess it should be...), it appears and presses, like it was always there... This problem give me the creeps! What i'm trying to do is make a window with some dynamically created controls which have the ability to move and resize (using CRectTracker or something similar), but can you imagine what it makes of it when one window goes over another? and when i'm trying to fix the ZOrder some...

Due Date in Purchasing
When entering Transactions in Purchasing we only have a Document Date field in the Transaction Entry windows. However, when looking at Smart Lists, Cash Requirements, there is s Due Date field. Is it possible to have both Document Date and Due Date as separate fields or are they always one and the same? -- Phil Gilbert Free Radical, LTD. Phil, On Purchasing transactions the Payment Terms are taken from the setup of the Vendor (Cards > Purchasing > Vendor > Options). You can change them in the following ways: 1. On a Purchase Order: click on the blue arrow button next to ...

Start Menu Order
When I go Start > All Programs, I get a menu of applications and folders of applications. They seem to be in random order. At least I can make no sense of the order. Is there any way to change the order in which the items of this list appear? "randwill" <rwilliams4254@triad.rr.com> wrote in message news:qOOdnYitFK0VJ5zWnZ2dnUVZ_uCdnZ2d@giganews.com... > When I go Start > All Programs, I get a menu of applications and folders > of applications. They seem to be in random order. At least I can make no > sense of the order. Is there any way to...

Multiple Shipments with Fulfillment Orders
I'm working with a client trying to review and possibly purchase/implement Adv. Distribution but I'm not sure it's the best fit for their scenario: They have an order of 500 items but it takes 5 shipments of 100 each to complete the order. With each shipment they would like a Bill of Lading. When testing with Adv. Distr., I have to fully distribute my lines to be fulfilled, back ordered, or canceled before it will change the status of the workflow. We were thinking of just using the packing slip modified as a BOL. I'm looking for some options for them to track the mult...