Project Time & Expense - Manager notes

We just upgraded to GP 9.0 and BP 3.0. My manager noticed that when she
returned a timesheet in Project Time & Expense, it no longer allows her to
supply a note. How do we get back that option?

My guess...
I had to apply the setting for 'AutomaticProcessing" to 0, described in
Article ID# 921642. I noticed that besides "AutomaticProcessing" there are
other fields in table "PmaTimesheetConfig". One is called
"ApprovalNoteSubmit". Does this turn back on the approval rejection note?

Can someone list what behavior each of these fields changes?
Thanks!

See Article ID : 921642
0
DavidM (290)

------=_NextPart_0001_24FE2210

Hello,

Thanks for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups!

To enable note prompts, enter 1 in the Default Value column. Enter
0 if you don�t want to enable these prompts.

Diana Van Raden
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_24FE2210

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs26 Hello,
\par
\par Thanks for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups!
\par
\par To enable note prompts, enter 1 in the Default Value column. Enter
\par 0 if you don\rquote t want to enable these prompts.
\par
\par Diana Van Raden
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par ==============================================
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par
\par to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par
\par     from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par
\par     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_24FE2210--

0
dvanrade (102)
2/28/2007 4:06:21 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_302309EF

Hi David -

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Jan Smith

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_302309EF

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi David -
\par
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par
\par Jan Smith
\par
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_302309EF--

0
jsmit (219)
3/2/2007 8:02:19 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_47E1202B

Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

Sonia Lemke

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_47E1202B

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par
\par Sonia Lemke
\par
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_47E1202B--

0
sonial (92)

Business Portal Requisition Management and Blanket PO
Are we able to create a Blanket Purchase Orders in Great Plains from e-requisition? If not, why? Thanks, Louis No, you're not. I don't know why the system was designed to not enable you to do this. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Louis" wrote: > Are we able to create a Blanket Purchase Orders in Great Plains from > e-requisition? If not, why? > > Thanks, > > Louis Hi Louis, ReQlogic from Tectura is a robust Requisitions and Procurement module with integration to GP www.ReQlogic.com it has blanket functionality in addition to a much more robust workf...

Usig sdk to add a note to an existing account
Hi, Anyone know how to add a note programatically to an existing Account? Thanks John Hi John, It really depends on your situation the most obvious way is to use the CRM web services and simply use the create method. Public Sub CreateAnnotation() Dim service As New CrmService() service.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials Dim myNote As New annotation service.Create(myNote) End Sub Of course you will need to specify all the required fields; the above alone would fail! including the associated object ID (the GUID of the accoun...

Problkems with timing on meeting requests...
This is kind of bizarre and hopefully easy to fix... We are using the Outlook 2002 client with Exchange 2000. One of our users who has been sending meeting requests to other users. has just informed me that when the requested user gets the meeting request, the requested times are exactly an hour LATER than what she had set the meeting for. (the time on her machine is perfect) Also, when someone sends her a meeting request (vice-versa), the times show up on her Outlook client an hour EARLIER than they should be. What can I look for to correct this issue? It's seems fine for everyone e...

Append Query every day at certain time automatically
Hi, So i have a query qryStats. Basicaly i want to be able to see how the stats have changed over a period so i was thinking of turning that simple query into an Append Query so that it just add the results to a table tblStats. I tested it and it works great so i can design reports and the result is exactly what i want. Problem is im going to forget to run the query each day. What are my options? Can i write code of some kind that runs the append query each day at, lets say 16:00? YES but your db would need to be running in order for that to work. You could also create...

Delegate manage to-do bar
Is it possible for a delegate to view and manage their manager's to-do bar in Outlook 2007? No, but they can manage the individual Tasks and Mail folders which pretty much makes up the To-Do List. Set a filter on the mail folders to only show messages marked for follow up. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Ginny" <Ginny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Lost Ole notes on server after power surge
We have uers access GP10 thru citrix connection - GP installed on server - users log in thru internet connection. After power surge - the ability to open notes is not available - no error - simply nothing opens - we have restarted the server, it did not help - any ideas? Have you checked whether the directory where the notes are stored is accessible? Have you tried restoring a backup of the notes folder? -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.co...

Listbox not populating every time
I have a form that has two listboxes. Both listboxes are on frmAccount. LISTBOX 1: Show investments inside an account This listbox shows data from tblPositions (a linked csv txt file) In the SQL of the listbox, I set the criteria of AccountNumber field of the table to equal Forms!frmAccount!AccNumber. LISTBOX 2: Show transactions of an account This listbox shows account transactions from tblTransactions (a linked csv txt file) In the SQL of the listbox, I set the criteria of AccountNumber field of the table to equal Forms!frmAccount!AccNumber. The idea of my SQL was to limit so that it ...

Workflow Manager 06-07-07
Can I install workflow manager on a workstation as a standalon? How? On Jun 7, 2:02 am, "Reddwarf" <reddwarf...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Can I install workflow manager on a workstation as a standalon? How? this only works on the server Hi, Yes you can, check out following URL for details; http://demiliani.com/blog/archive/2006/10/24/4257.aspx -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Reddwarf" wrote: > Can I install workflow manager on a workstatio...

Run Time error When Outlook XP starts in WXP
I just upgraded my Dell PII 400 from W2000 SP4 to WXP SP1. I was having a lot of problems with Outlook XP (all updates applied) crashing multiple times while in use, which was 1 reason for the upgrade. Now when I start Outlook, most times I get a message box entitled: 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library' with the text: 'Runtime Error! Program: C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE abnormal program termination.' When I click OK, Outlook closes. The next time, it starts OK, but has to scan the Personal folder for errors. Fixes? Britt Dickson -- "In an era o...

how to enable a control at run time
I have a label that I disable at design time, but I would like to enable it at run time and I can't figure out to do this. I tried using showwindow, but all that does is hide the control. Z.K. Use EnableWindow: ASSERT_VALID(pMyControl); pMyControl->EnableWindow(); More here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_cwnd.3a3a.enablewindow.asp --------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to what Ajay answered, make sure that you hook into the control with a member variable. Then you can reference all of the members functionalit...

Multicurrency activation and Project accounting
I am about to turn on MC where project accounting is running -- the database has 10 years of data. Does any one know how long running check links will take? AND, will all Projects read as the functional currency following this? I am very concerned about making this change and would like to hear the good and bad if anyone has done it before. Thanks! -- daunheik I would recommend setting up a test server and testing all changes completely. It is a good idea to involve the users in the testing. It is very important to test all changes in GP before applying them to a prod...

Cant get "Platform Builder" to appear under "Project Types" in VS2005
Hi Everyone, We've just purchased PB 6 and am trying to install it on one of our development stations, but no matter how many times I've installed/ deleted/reinstalled VS2005 and WinCE 6 I cannot for the life of me get it to appear in the project types list for when creating a new solution. It wont even allow me to open an existing project from the demo WinCE 6 folder. I'm now in to my 3rd day of battling with this ! Though the PB icon shows on the splash screen as it starts, as does some of the CE6 'getting started' stuff on the start page. It has had the ...

Vendor Address shown in Business Portal Requisition Management
We need the vendor address to show for requisition creators so they can select the correct vendor, example mutiple Hy-Vee stores, without giving them a great deal of access or purchasing authority. This flaw is causing checks issued to the wrong vendors in Microsoft Dynamics GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsrea...

Automobile Expense Tracking
As a future enhancement, I would like to see automobile expense tracking capabilities added. First, add "Fuel", "General Maintenance", and "Emergency Maintenence" as subcategories of the "Automobile" category. Second, add a "Automobile List", which should include "Make", "Model", "Model Year", "Vehicle Identification Number", "Purchase Date", and "Miles When Purchased". Third, when entering a "Fuel" transaction, provide a special entry form for "Current Mileage&q...

Print notes on purchase order blank report
How can I print the notes from purchase order header on the purchase order blank report? thank you in advance. You can modify the PO in Report Writer. Link the Records Notes Master to the Purchase Order HEader table and include the notes table in the report. Then the notes text field will be available to be displayed in the report. Regards Sivakumar V On Nov 17, 6:38 am, "Jack Tundra" <jacktun...@hotmail.com> wrote: > How can I print the notes from purchase order header on the purchase order > blank report? thank you in advance. Hi I am sorry but I cannot find th...

Quit Word 2008 in Snow Leopard time ?
I've noticed since upgrading to Snow Leopard that when I quit Word 2008 it takes a long time, as it always had, but now the Menu Bar changes so on the "left" end there is just the Apple icon and then a Script icon next to it (where the running application title is normally). Is this normal or should I go on a search for answers to this and perhaps other yet to see problems? Thanks for any tips. -- Norm Hi Norm: What that means is that Word is exiting and clearing its icons from the menu bar, then the system is cleaning up a bit later. The system owns t...

Project Server and DNS
Has anyone ever had a Project Server create an second DNS record for a different Computer name associated with the same IP address? I know this is a really strange question, but somehow it actually happened. I am not the Network admin and he swears he did not do it..... Any thoughts? Anyone? Thanks EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice C# Email With Attachment / Upload / Validation http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d5fd3a93-8c71-4811-94f2-59b545ced4fd/c--email-with-attachment.aspx Project Server gets blamed for a lot of things, but I suspect it's not...

Journals not showing up in HQ Manager
After issuing a 402 style sheet (in HQ manager) and making sure it was apporved for the store in question. I watched both the HQ Server and the HQ Client while the connection was made and every indication (on both sides) says that 45,000 journal records were uploaded to the HQ server. I have verified this is true by opening the journal table (on the HQ server) and I can see those new records. They don't show up at all in the HQ Manager (even after running a reindex and a check DB). This is on a store where the store was installed long before HQ was put in place. ...

Business Portal Order Management Item Categories Query how to chan
Hi , I am looking for some guidelines to how to change the query of the Item Categories web part on Orders page in Business Portal. This web part displays a list of Item Categories, defined in Catalogue Maintenance. by default it shows Category ID ( name of Categories ). my clients want to display the Description of category. is there a way to change the Query behind this web part ? please advise. Thanks Syed ...

Modifiable propagation time of Excel's functions?
Hello, Does Excel, by any chances, allow for determining the propagation time of its functions? I am doing a project in which I need the logical operators to return their values after a certain predetermined period of time (e.g. the AND operator to return the value it computes after e.g. 1 second). Thank you very much for your time. Student P.S. If the answer is in the negative, what is the way to achieve it indirectly? ...

What would be a good contact manager to use with Outlook?
Hi all, I'm looking for a good tool for personal relation management, combined with Outlook XP. I use OXP for my contacts and email, but I need more: 1. I want to be able to create notes on messages (f/e: I called them concerning this message, and then XYZ). 2. I want to see history, tasks related to messages or to contacts, in an easy way (the "flag"-functionality is nothing for me). 3. I want to see, again in an easy way, who did not respond to my mail within a certain (message-dependent) deadline. So, I've been looking around for some sort of personal CRM-application. ...

Why does picture manager sometimes not open?
For example I installed software for Finepix but it would not open - it stops with the little square picture manager icon in the middle and sometimes photos sent to me in emails get no further. Any suggestions on how to open it please? On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 12:36:02 -0800, Stillenthusiastic wrote: > For example I installed software for Finepix but it would not open - it stops > with the little square picture manager icon in the middle and sometimes > photos sent to me in emails get no further. Any suggestions on how to open it > please? You have posted this questio...

Calculate Accrued Leave Time
I need to be able to track accrued leave time, but have no idea how to set up the formula. Here are the particulars: Accrual rate = 4.62 hrs. of leave per month, # of months = 12 I occasionally use a few hours in a month. This year, I began employment in mid-April, so would you be so kind as to provide 2 different formulas? (1 for a regular year, Jan.- Dec., and another for this year mid-April - Dec.). Thanks, in advance, for help! Margaret -- MargaretA It's accurial world! In A1 enter 4/15/2008 In B1 enter 0 In A2 enter: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1)) and copy down I...

Project table schema changes in 9.0
I upgraded a server from GP 8.0 sp5 to GP 9.0 sp2 last weekend. All seems to work fine so far. I have some Crystal Reports that were in the process of being developed and I have questions about 3 Project tables. These tables each have had fields removed. My question is...Where has the data these fields represented been relocated? Has the upgrade taken data from these tables and moved it to other tables? PA10721 -> PA31101 -> PA31102 -> *** Lists the fields added and removed in Project tables *** C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP 9.0 SDK\Content\8.0to9.0\PaTableDetailed_...

Project Server 2007 access via PWA
Windows 2008 Server R2 Up to date SQL 2008 Regular - Patched and Up to date Project Server 2007 SP2 (Trial Version) ============================================== So I installed everything without any issues and have installed Sharepoint many times before. I have everything laid out just as directed to and came across a couple of odditites. 1 - I cannot access PWA via the internet. It logs me in and I get the famous Sharepoint "Error" page. 2. I can access PWA via drilling through the mgmt console and locally on the server. 3. When I look at the error logs, it is show...