Project Budgeting in Forecaster

I would like to suggest that Microsoft add in the ability to budget for
Projects (Project Accounting Module Projects) in FRx Forecaster and have the
Projects roll up to an account number.  In addition, as Projects are costed
against you would be able to use FRx to see actual vs budget; thus allowing
you to see which Project is causing a GL Budget variance.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=68b8733f-7efc-4d18-b2ea-856cf4b37313&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
TinaBex (2)

Hi Tina,

There is straightforward way to manage the roll-up of projects to
Forecaster.  Create a smartlist that summarizes project budgets by account
number (I can provide you with an example if you like), export the account
budget amounts to excel and import into Forecaster.  A similar smartlist can
be used for budget vs actual roll-ups from PA.

Hope this helps.

"Tina Bex" wrote:

> I would like to suggest that Microsoft add in the ability to budget for
> Projects (Project Accounting Module Projects) in FRx Forecaster and have the
> Projects roll up to an account number.  In addition, as Projects are costed
> against you would be able to use FRx to see actual vs budget; thus allowing
> you to see which Project is causing a GL Budget variance.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=68b8733f-7efc-4d18-b2ea-856cf4b37313&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Duncan (39)
4/16/2006 2:27:02 AM
Yes, please give an example of the smartlist.
-
staceyleelee@hotmail.com

"Duncan" wrote:

> Hi Tina,
>
> There is straightforward way to manage the roll-up of projects to
> Forecaster.  Create a smartlist that summarizes project budgets by account
> number (I can provide you with an example if you like), export the account
> budget amounts to excel and import into Forecaster.  A similar smartlist can
> be used for budget vs actual roll-ups from PA.
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> "Tina Bex" wrote:
>
> > I would like to suggest that Microsoft add in the ability to budget for
> > Projects (Project Accounting Module Projects) in FRx Forecaster and have the
> > Projects roll up to an account number.  In addition, as Projects are costed
> > against you would be able to use FRx to see actual vs budget; thus allowing
> > you to see which Project is causing a GL Budget variance.
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=68b8733f-7efc-4d18-b2ea-856cf4b37313&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Stacey (160)

Debt category in M04 budget reports
Noticed something odd when looking at my annual budget report in M04... In my budget set-up, the 'debt' category includes two things: debt reduction planner's pmt and my student loan pmt. When I view my annual budget report for the YTD however, the debt line not only includes these two txns, but also whatever cc pmts (transfers) I've made for the month/year, AND any returns that I've made to my cc. (When I log returns, I categorize them as credits to whatever expense category they were originally marked as. They look like they're showing up correctly as credi...

Job Cost or Project Acctg for SBM
I'm looking for a Job Cost or Project Acctg solution for Small Business Manager. Does anyone know of such a thing? Leslie Can Small Business Manager use Multi-Dimensioinal Analysis Codes in the GL? Can't recall if that feature has been removed from the regular Great Plains GL for SBM. If it does use that feature, then it's an easy and simple cost accounting solution. "Leslie Vail" wrote: > I'm looking for a Job Cost or Project Acctg solution for Small Business > Manager. Does anyone know of such a thing? > > Leslie Nope, no MDA in SBM. :...

Budget in Money 2005
I am using Microsoft Money 2005 Deluxe. I have created a budget, but I am having several problems with it, and I cannot figure out how to fix it. 1) It says that I have $0.00 in day-to-day accounts, such as checking, savings, and credit card accounts to use for savings goals. I have 2 checking, 1 savings, and 1 credit card, and they all have available funds. This doesn't make any sense. 2) I have set a budget savings goal to $3500 by a certain date, but it tells me that my goal is unattainable. Instead, it tells me that I will only be able to save $6000+ dollars of my goal, b...

Project Return should allow for use of originating currency
Transactions | Project | Returns from Project Entry should allow for use of an originating currency in multicurrency environments, rather than assuming the functional currency for all transactions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.c...

Money 2004 Budget issues
I tried to set up a budget in Money 2004. Right after doing that, my program has gone haywire. Everytime I try to enter a transaction or anything it says "Cannot complete the operation." If you click on more info it tells you there's an error with the mnyob99.dll v.12 file. Can anyone help? I would try a repair on the file (on the File-> menu) -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wis...

Help with CRM integration with Project, Business Portal etc
Hi, I'm trying to get my head around how we can use MS CRM with other technologies. Ideally I want one portal which contains CRM information and project related information, from MS CRM and MS Project Server. I see there's a Business Portal that comes with GP etc, but how can I realistically achieve what I want? Thanks in advance. You might look into using SharePoint to create a portal page that pulls data from both CRM and Project. Integrating Project Server with SharePoint: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms454209.aspx CRM list webpart for SharePoint: http://www....

Project Server
Hi, I am having trouble with the backup of Project server using DPM. DPM eseems to work well when it comes to the sharepoint content. But i dont seem to be able to backup any of the shared services specific to Project(EPM). I have enables SPprotection. The only way I can backup EPm is via sql backups. I then the an issue on restoration to an alternate DR site. Hope someone can help or has had simillar experiances ...

addendum to 'Monthly Budget 2006 Retail', Post
MS MONEY 2006 - RETAIL Every step of the way - an adventure !! Under the ACTUAL TOTAL INCOME figure of the "Monthly Budget Report", there is a greyed out figure of $500 which does not figure in to the Grand Totals of the Budget Report. I found out the source but I don't understand why, or how to get rid of that "ghostly" figure. These are the actual entries I made: ACCOUNTS - CHECKING OTHER INCOME - Credit $527. Tax Refund OTHER INCOME - Debit 500. To Savings Balance in OTHER INCOME ...

Error when print project accounting invoices
When I print a project accounting invoice from the billing entry window, I receice the following err 'An open operation on table IV_Invoice_Format_Tax_Document_Temp failed because the path does not exist. If I reboot my PC, I can then print it. We are using a MS SQL database. What do I need to do to correct this error? I am the only workstation that gets this error. Thank you, Amy ...

Planning a Building budget
My husband and I are getting ready to build a new home. We have a bugdet broken down by category i.e. Framing, Painting, Appliances etc and an assigned budget amount per category. What is the best was to set this up in Money 2006 Home and Business? I want to be able to track how much we are spending per category and how much we have left in each category. Thanks, JMP ...

Microsoft Project Gateway in Portfolio Server 2007
Hello I have installed Project Server 2007 SP2 with Language Packages SP2, Portfolio Server 2007 with SP2, SQL Server 2005 with SP3. All in one server I have configured the Project Server Gateway with an attribute mapping template. The customs fields that are text and number can sincrhonize OK with Project Server. But the custom fileds that are lookup tables in Project Server can not syncronize with custom fields that are list type in Portfolio Server. I have created simple custom fields with an lookup table but I can´t syncrhonize I dont get any error in event view...

Forecasting value of an used car in Excel
Hello, What do you think is the best formula to calculate in Excel an extimated value in january 1st 2008 of the used car bought new in july 1st 2004, only having the following data of it? (today value - new: $9900) today's value - used car bought new in july 1st 2004: $6200 today's value - used car bought new in january 1st 2004: $5700 today's value - used car bought new in july 1st 2003: $5200 I would like to find a formula that doesn't return a negative value if I use it for example on an extimation on 1/1/2100 instead of 1/1/2008, like the standard forecast formula ...

Transfer Out/In Budget
Hi all! Can anyone help me??? My doubts are ... 1) How to plan an amount for saving or maybe for retirement if it is not possible to budget "transfers in/out"? 2) I have created a new budget for 2007 but when I try to report it using an "annual budget view" Money shows me a version from 1/1/2006 to 31/12/2006. Interesting because when Money shows me the "monthly budget view" it does right. What does it happen??? 3) Does anyone know if the Money 2007 has solved a problem to create a new budget group? Just for information I am using a Money 2006. Thanks in ad...

Changing Forecast Data to Actual
I'm attempting to create a spreadsheet in Excel 2002 that records forecast and actual data. What I want to do is have forecast data for the period April to March in Row 1 and in another row (i.e. Row 5) record at the end of each month the actual data for that month. Once the actual data for a month has been recorded I want excel to turn the corresponding forecast figure for that particular month to �0.00. I've tried using conditional formatting but am unsure if this is possible. Can anyone help? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/20...

Looking for Microsoft (freelance) engineers for project work
Hello Google-Microsoft engineers, we would like to invite you to join us at www.globalnettechs.com. We are currently building a worldwide network of hardware, software, and IT services suppliers. Customers post their requirements in our forum, and companies or individuals such as yourself can start bidding. Of the total fee, we deduct 5% for hardware and software purchases, and 15% for services. The issues can vary from hardware to software to network design or onsite support requests. The forum is currently divided by manufacturer, you can simply sign up and click on 'Watch this forum f...

Team Members can't access Project Center
Excuse me for this question but I am new to Project Server. I am trying to do the following: 1)Allow all of my Team Members to view every project I add to Project Center. 2) Allow all of my Team Members to access project workspaces for every project that I have in Project Center. Can someone help me do that? I have tried adding users to specific workspaces and that doesn't seem to work. I also added My Organization category to my Team Members group and that did not help either. The only thing my Team Members seem to be able to do is log in and view tasks under "My ...

Budget and Account Transfers
Alright, I've been using Money 2003 for some time mainly as an electronic checkbook as it helps me balance easily from my bank. Well, I'm moving up to Money 2006, and trying to take advantage of some more of the features. I have a checking, savings, retirement, and home equity loan account. I want the home equity loan and retirement to show up as budgeted items, but they do not. I have read elsewhere that if you do not include those accounts in the budget then they will show up under "Transfers out of budget accounts". Well, I do that and they do not. I understand th...

New Project, Different Problem: AutoFilter?
I'm creating a database of outside trainers. Each trainer can handle multiple categories of training. It is essential that the training manager be able to create lists for specific categories as the need arises, as well as being able to do more standard sorts such as Name. Rather than making multiple entries for each Trainer (one for each category, which may reach 10+), I'd like to allow multiple entries in the Category column utilizing a key for each category. It seems that AutoFilter would be the ideal method for creating this db. Well, actually Advanced AutoFilter, since...

Budgeting Maint. Items
My questions is, how do you budget for things such as "car repair" or other items that you are not sure of when you will need to spend the money or how much will need to be spent; however, you are interested in keeping track of how much money has accrued. For example, I budget $100.00/month on Car Repair. This money may not be used for several months; however, I need to know how much I have saved for car repair when a problem does occurr. In six months, I should be able to see that $600.00 in my savings account is dedicated to Car Repair. I haven't found a way to do this ...

urgent requirement for project leader/apm required
hi, we are having urgent requirement for one of our client cmmi level5 company in hyd and chennai. if u r intrested send me ur updated resume gangadhar.sadhu@optionsindia.com Skill Microsoft Technologies Job Description Project Leader / APM required: Minimum 6 years experience out of which 2/3 years as PL / APM Education MCA / BE / Computer Science Graduates Technology - Microsoft VB / ASP .Net exposure - RDBMS - Oracle / SQL Server Experience in development & implementation in following Domains: Financial Costing Purchase & Inventory Sales Automation Payroll HR ...

Best practices on staffing CRM projects post implementation
I am looking for best practices and industry standards for staffing a CRM project post initial implementation. What is needed to be successful, not only from an IT standpoint, but from the business and training sides as well? What would the recommendation be (as far as staffing) needed to successfully support and further develop a CRM solution for a company with 1,500 plus employees, 500 plus CRM users. You might be able to find information through this link http://www.microsoft.com/midsizebusiness/products/business-management-solutions/microsoft-dynamics-crm-40.aspx#overview "Miche...

Preprocessor definitions for x64 projects
Hello, I'm migrating an existing MFC project to 64 bits, and I'm wondering if i had to change the WIN32 define to WIN64 in the project "Preprocessor definitions". Thanks >I'm migrating an existing MFC project to 64 bits, and I'm wondering if i had >to change the WIN32 define to WIN64 in the project "Preprocessor definitions". Leave the _WIN32 definition, and add _WIN64. See "Predefined Macros" topic in MSDN. Dave "David Lowndes" wrote: > >I'm migrating an existing MFC project to 64 bits, and I'm wondering if ...

Money 2005
Hi, I am having a problem whereby, whenever I goto the Budget tab, Money freezes/hangs and takes up 100% of one of my CPU's. I have been able to get it over the a basic budget, by removing all my accounts one at a time from tools -> settings -> budget settings -> budget accounts. then changing to basic. However if I have multiple accounts it freezes whenver I try to do anything with the budget. Many thanks Altonius "Altonius" <Altonius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4B8AF1A-4B19-4F25-BE2E-2DA0951B5235@microsoft.com... > I am having ...

budget #4
i am using money 2004:when i try to edit my budget the amount of the particular transaction gets doubled i.e for example i put in 500$ for rent ,the next time i edit that rent from 500$ to 600$ and when i take the printout under rent category i get ,1100$it adds up dont know what to do ...

find the beginning and end days of a project
I have a project log that has project names, dates it was worked on, hours projects are worked on. eg. 3/1/2008,project a,task 1,2 hours 3/1/2008,project b,task 2,3 hours .... 4/7/2008,project a,task 1,3 hours .... I'd like to find the dates project a is worked on so to put the beginning and ending of project a. If it's not possible, it would be nice to show only project a and hide all others so I can find the info visually. Thanks for any advice. liu Try these... Dates in column A Project name in column B Earliest date for project A (start of project): =INDEX(A1:A100,MATCH(&qu...