project accounting

In Dynamics Project Accounting when making changes to CARDS in the
maintenance window the options are only SAVE and DELETE.
i.e. there is no escape if you have changed something in error and are not
sure what it was.
This applies to many windows in Projects.

In other modukles for instance Debtor Maintenance there is a CLEAR button.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8415df88-0e92-4e38-a03c-5877d1ffee6b&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

When you close the window (for example: Project Maintenance), there is also
no Discard button. Once you change anything, there isn't a way for you to go
back.

"Andy Campbell" wrote:

> In Dynamics Project Accounting when making changes to CARDS in the
> maintenance window the options are only SAVE and DELETE.
> i.e. there is no escape if you have changed something in error and are not
> sure what it was.
> This applies to many windows in Projects.
>
> In other modukles for instance Debtor Maintenance there is a CLEAR button.
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8415df88-0e92-4e38-a03c-5877d1ffee6b&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Nolasco (2)

How to Post Cost for Services to COGS Account
Each month, we bill our clients for several "services" we provide (i.e. web/e-mail hosting, spam filtering, remote monitoring) for which we do not stock inventory or need to track quantities on-hand. If you make the item a Sales Inventory item type, the accounts are posted correctly, but you also get negative on-hand values. Specific example: We resell e-mail spam filtering to our clients. We sell it for $x.xx per mailbox and it costs us $y.yy from our 3rd party provider. We have item "80001? setup for this service and assigned it a current cost of $y.yy. When we post a ...

Resolving emails to lead, contact, or account
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to effectively associate emails to Lead, Contact, and/or Account and track them? Out-of-the-box, a lead with an email address when converted to Account and Contact will assign that email to Account and Contact records. Now there are three records with the same email address and when an email is received or sent, the CRM does not know which entity to link the email to. (even though lead is qualified and is read only, CRM still does not know which entity record to assoicate the email) What are some of the best practices that people have been using to...

Thrift Savings - Federal Employee
Since 11/24/08 I cannot connect to my Thrift Savings account to download investment data. Verifying my username and password shows another field 'CustomID' which I do not use on the account's website. Called FedEE office and they said the password is formatted on their website but I cannot seem to match the sequence of numbers on MSMoney online account to get the right combination. If I leave 'customid' blank that doesn't work. Need assistance to establish this download automatically again. Vista sp1, MSMoney Plus Premium, broadband 5mbps the federal TSP does no...

Limit Accounts displayed to just customers while in Service Activi
What's the easiest way to limit the Accounts that are displayed in the Form Assistant to actual customers when I create a new Service Activity? I've set the "Relationship Type" within the Account record. I'm assuming I could do an OnLoad trick to filter the Account based on "Relationship Type = Customer" right? Any pointers?? ...

Can't Delete Investment Watch Accounts.
Have 10 old (five years since used) investment accounts (used as stock watch accounts) that I can't delete. I get the error message that states that: "This operation cannot be performed." Have tried running the Money File Repair tool to fix the problems to no avail. Tried re-opening these closed accounts and they still won't delete, same error message. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I might rid Money 2005 of these accounts? The details relating to this message are: ************************************************************************************************...

Moving accounts
Recently, my bank (Bank One) was bought out by another bank (Chase). I currenly have my Bank One accounts set up for online updates. I have a Chase credit card, which I also have set up for online updates. I'm trying to change the institution for my Bank One accounts to be Chase. I tried doing this in the "Change account settings" page by selecting Chase in the drop down box for "Financial institution". However, when I try that, I get the error message: "You cannot change the financial institution for this account because it is set up for online servic...

project topics
suggest some .NET project topics using C Sharp "Prajakta Nikam" <nikam.prajakta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3ce94751-ca3a-423f-b73b-0702b98d7b61@2g2000prl.googlegroups.com... > suggest some .NET project topics using C Sharp Enter a fun programming contest: http://www.azspcs.net/ ...

vba excel project
im not sure if this is possible in excel... but here's what my boss wants... one excel file (master file) contains 10 command buttons (sheet 1). when a user clicks on a button (button 1), an excel template file (template 1) is automatically opened... now this template file will be filled up by the user, and once she/he saves the template (template 1) with a new filename, the date and time (of saving) will be listed on the master file (sheet 2) together with the specified filename of the user. now if the user clicks on button 2, template 2 is opened. and then once saved, the date,time a...

Outlook Accounts or Servcies
Each time i've installed outlook i have set up mail accounts which have been called Accounts. On this occasion i've installed outlook and have set up mail services. What is teh difference between mail accounts and mail services? I want each email collection to have accounts as when you send an email you can go into options and say "send using.." this is not an option when each mail collection item is listed as a service. How can i get back to Accounts and not services? Help Alan You chose the Corporate/Workgroup option at installation when you meant to choose Internet ...

Trouble updating account
I have MS Money Plus Deluxe running in XP Pro SP2. I have this one bank account that has always given me trouble updating (error code -2000). It would only update after going into MSN Money and re-keyeing the password. After retrying several times it would eventually work. Now, I cannot get this account to update anymore. I don't know if it's related or not but I did install MS Money update. I keep getting error code -2000 and the account is never updated. One possible solution, abeit temporary, is to set up the account again. I have done this a couple of times in the past and ...

Outlook 2002 and Mail Accounts
Hi, I have a DSL service and my mail accounts with GoDaddy.com. I was able to set up my mail accounts but when I go to make a new message and pick from which account I want to the mail to go through nothing shows up except my default mail. Can anyone help. I am at my wits end. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Office. Thanks There are two things you may want to try: First recommendation: ---------------------------------------- 1. On the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive Settings, and then click Define Send/Receive Groups. 2. Click All Accounts, and then click Edit...

Split paycheck to multiple bank accounts...
So I have like 3 different checking accounts and since each require at least a $25 monthly direct deposit to remain free, I have to throw a little money from every paycheck to each account. How can I set up my paycheck to deposit $25 to account X, $25 to account Y and the remainder to account Z? Thanks in advance! (Please don't tell me that I am just going to have to do 3 separate net paychecks, because that doesn't help me track taxes) Deposit the net of the transaction, i.e., enter the transaction in, Account Z. On the After Tax tab, include Transfer:X $25, and Transfer:Y $2...

How to migrate all account settings?
Hello - I bought myself a new computer and want to migrate Outlook from one to the other. The "content" (i.e. contacts, calendar, etc.) I was able to transfer by copying over the Outlook.pst file. But how can I migrate all the account settings? I found no "export" functionality. Do I REALLY have to define all that stuff anew??? Or is there a file or a registry subtree that contains all these settings so that I can transfer them all in a single swoop? Michael Recreate your accounts manually. You won't be happy with any of the transfer Wizards. They don't wo...

Multiple Accounts held at the SAME Institution with DIFFERENT logons
I am trying to sync Money 2006 to my Banc of America Investment Services accounts. I have two accounts with two DIFFERENT logons, an IRA and a regular brokerage. Money will sync fine to one or the other, but I can't set it up to sync to both because when I click on Online Services it is already setup so I can't add a different login, etc. -- Daniel Blackmon Project Lead - Software Engineer Worldwide Environmental Products Inc. In microsoft.public.money, Daniel wrote: >I am trying to sync Money 2006 to my Banc of America Investment Services >accounts. I have two accounts w...

Mortgage Account setup wrongly
I have a Mortgage account with a wrong opening balance, and wrong first payment transaction. My payment schedules are correct. I would like to correct each entry of this account. Would this mess out my account, payment schedules and historical reconciled payments? Most likely if you try to make changes to previous transactions, something will get messed up. How you deal with this all depends upon how badly you want to keep the transactions linked between the accounts. Personally, I don't like any linked transactions if I can avoid it, so I would either just make an adjustment to th...

two PC's connecting to a single email account on Exchange 2003
I have setup a user with a office and a home PC. When the home PC's Outlook was configured it received the email from the Exchange server, but now the old email messages don't show up in Outlook on the office PC. I don't think this is normal and it seems like it is probably an easy fix, but I am not sure where to look. Any suggestions will help. Thanks, Giff it was most likely downloaded to a personal folder. How is the person accessing the mailbox from home? pop3? that is the problem. You'd be better off with a VPN setup...that way, all the mail can stay in the E...

Money does not let downloaded dividend payments be assigned to cash portion of Investment account
I am using Money 2004 Small Business. I download transactions from Ameritrade for my Investment account that has stocks and some cash accumulated mainly from dividend payments. This version of Money does not let me assign the dividend payment dollars to the cash portion of the account, it insists on using the dividend dollars to buy the stock of dividend payer, for example GM paid $100 as dividend, it is downloaded as such but I cannot assign/accept these dollars as cash, Money forces me to buy GM stock with it. Anu advice how to tame Money to make it accept dividend dollars as cash into th...

Project Gallery contents missing
The Project Gallery on my iMac has lost almost everything that was in it. It displays only Blank Documents, My Templates (a folder I created for templates; but now is entirely empty), and Based On Recent; all the rest is gone. All of these templates/wizards are on the hard drive in the right place (Applications/Microsoft Office X/Templates). So why doesn't Project Gallery see them? How can I get them back In Word, go to Word -> Preferences, and then click "File Locations" in the left pane. Then, in the right pane, select "User Templates," and then click the &q...

How do I login to my exchange server e-mail account from home
We are new on Exchange Server. Have always had an outside E-Mail server. I need to know how to login or retrieve my e-mail when I am out of the office. Is there a way to do this via the internet like we used to do? Appreciate any help Thanks "DV in Texas" <DVinTexas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87D3AEBF-1F96-4778-80CC-A5304F75FAEA@microsoft.com... > We are new on Exchange Server. Have always had an outside E-Mail server. > I > need to know how to login or retrieve my e-mail when I am out of the > office. > Is there a way to do this vi...

What is 'crashing' the project and its effect?
What is 'crashing' the project and its effect? Johnny -- Crashing the project schedule is the process of shortening the remaining project schedule in an attempt to finish the project on time or early. One of the common techniques is to add resources as helpers on Effort Driven tasks to shorten the Duration of these tasks and to shorten the remaining schedule as a consequence. Why do you ask, out of curiosity? -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We write the...

Outlook 2002
I have 2 POP/SMTP accounts. They each require different logon and passwords. When I send email, Outlook tries to use both SMTP servers and I recieve an error message from my second SMTP server account that my email was not sent? My ISP does not allow the use of other SMTP servers on their network. Is there a way to tell Outlook not to use the second SMTP server? It will not let me leave that field empty. Or do I have to organize the accounts differently? Thanks in advance. ...

Eliminated errors sending from wrong POP3 email account
I have Outlook 2002 and have a few different POP3 email accounts set up. These accounts are very different in nature and I want to make sure I don't accidentally send an email from the "wrong" account. I've already accidentally sent emails from the default account that should not have been sent from that account. Is there any way to help make sure I don't make future mistakes sending from the wrong account? Possibly setting up a confirmation asking me to verify which account to send the email from before sending. Or any other suggestions to help not make future m...

Issue with one account's password...
I've been beating my head against the wall on this one for awhile now... I have one user who's password will not work. I've tried resetting it numerous times, and it will still not allow her or myself to log in. What could I be missing here? Keep in mind that I'm pretty new to this Exchange Server stuff in any replies you may have. Thanks so much for any help you can throw my way! By the way, the password is very simple, so it's not an issue of mis-typing. Also, I've given it plenty of time to update the AD listing, so that shouldn't be an issue, right?...

Repeating Project Tasks
I am relatively new to project and perhaps starting out with a complicated scenario. I am getting ready to start fixing up a 50 unit apartment complex with the residents still living there. Due to this, my scheduling has to go down to the hour of each of 2 or 3 days that we move the residents out. I want to know the best way of managing this relatively simple task and multiplying it by 50 (once for each unit) I started out by having each task as a sub task of the day of work and the 2 days of work as subtasks for the apartment unit that I am working on at that specific time. The ...

Analytical Accounting Dimension ID for Bank Transaction
Hi. can any one help me out in finding TABLES of AA from which i can link dimensions assigned in the Bank Transaction. I need create a crystal report for it. Thanks in advance!! ...