Project Accounting Question

I created a new project (T&M), changed its status to open
from estimated. However, I am not seeing this project in
the lookup window for expense entry or purchasing.

What could be happening here?
0
anonymous (74722)

Have you entered Cost Categories under the BUDGET button for that project
which are of types Employee Expense or Purchases.

If the project doesnt have any COst Cats of the type related to the
transaction you want to post, it wont show in the list.

>I created a new project (T&M), changed its status to open
> from estimated. However, I am not seeing this project in
> the lookup window for expense entry or purchasing.
>
> What could be happening here?

0
mike
9/17/2004 10:30:45 AM
Yes, I have created cost categories of the appropriate
type including expense and purchasing.

0
anonymous (74722)
9/17/2004 3:06:04 PM
There are several reasons for the Project not to be seen in the Project
lookup when entering in a transaction entry.  The most common is this case
since the Project is already 'Open', the user might have marked "Do Not
Display' for the 'Contract Status' or the 'Project Status' in the "Project
Setup - Status Options" window. Another reason for the Expense Entry might be
that the Project selected was not given access to that Employee.  (Window
Employee Access List)

"anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:

> Yes, I have created cost categories of the appropriate
> type including expense and purchasing.

0
rchua1 (5)

Free tool for automatic email account configuration
Hey Just wanted to share news about a new free tool for automatic email configuration in Outlook, Outlook Express and other mail clients. http://outlook-center.com/How-to-configure-and-email-account-in-Microsoft-Outlook-Outlook-Express-Windows-Live-and-Windows-Mai/63/ -- ______________________________________ Posted from http://outlook-center.com Outlook forums, articles, tips. ...

2 Questions #3
1st Question Recently we placed 3 machines running Windows XP with Outlook 2002. When you compose an email from these machines it always gives a message of "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?". How do I stop this? No other PC on the floor does this and we are using exchange 2000. 2nd Question In outlook 2002 when you use the open others folders option it saves your last query of a mailbox in the drop down. How do you remove from that drop down list email accounts that dont exist anymore I am having t...

Chart of Accounts for Events Management
Dear All, - Can any body provide me with best practice structure for Chart of Accounts Events Management for Racing Circuit? And my concern the profit & loss account structure for cost & profit center. - Can I have my departments, events, etc. cost / profit center outside my chart of accounts? If yes where I will store those account since I want them mandatory if they are outside my chart of account. And what you suggest to keep them in my chart of accounts or outside it. Regards You can use any standard Chart of Accounts. The few accounts that are industry specific can b...

Kit Sales Distribution Accounts
Is there a way to use the Sales Account from the component items from a Kit as the posting accounts on an SOP Invoice? Not unless there is a 3rd party product that will do this. Basic GP will not. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "jgrebe" wrote: > Is there a way to use the Sales Account from the component items from a Kit > as the posting accounts on an SOP Invoice? ...

Opening file question
When opening a file direct from my documents excel opens but the sheet does not get displayed. Although if you then click print preview the content of the sheet is there. Tried opening excel and then opening file and this works fine. Not a major problem but annoying. Any one shed any light? Cheers, Ash. I think xl is trying to help you. Excel wants to keep the window settings the same way as they were previously. If you saved your workbook in less than a full window, then the next time you open it (via double clicking with no existing xl instance running), it will open it the same win...

Accounts Receivable statements
We are trying to generate an Account Receivable statement. We want to be able to print the statements for our customers. The method I am trying is "Journal -> Close Billing Cycle" . We select the first option: "Close billing cycle for all customers" and check the option "Print statements". After clicking "Generate", POS returns the message "No Customers with accounts were found." This occurs even though when we generate reports through 'Reports -> Customers -> Accounts Receivable: Detailed', there is a list of existing Acc...

Setting up an IMAP account 'Properly'in outlook XP
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this question's been asked before, but I really didn' find an answer, even after a two hour search. I have been using Outlook express up 'till now and I want to star using Outlook. Now then, I have an Imap mail account and in Outloo express I can set my account to automatically jump to my Imap inbo when I start the program and to automatically remove emails from th server when I delete them, now every mail that I delete is marked by line through the subject but they're not effectively removed, you kno what I mean. I can't seem to find those...

OL2003 - Rules
I have three POP3 accounts setup in Outlook 2003 each from different providers. So, I created two rules to move the email based on specified account to other folders to separate the email based on account. So, my default account goes into the Inbox and the other accounts go into their own specific folders. When I setup the rules I choose "through the specified account" in the "condition" section then specify the account. Then choose "move it to the specified folder" in the "what to do with the message" section then specify the folder to move it to. ...

OL2003 with imap account stops responding
Hello All The OL2003 imap client (Also OL2000) seems to have a problem. When I use it (3 different machines installed separately (XP with win update, one home and two pro) at different times all up to date and on different connections... and also in safe mode and without the recycle switch... also towards different imap servers...) outlook seems to freeze for a looong time (See log in a moment). It also seems to block Explorer (not IE) or at least make it very unresponsive. For the log: IMAP: 07:57:10 [tx] 6goo STATUS "Sent Items" (UNSEEN) IMAP: 07:57:11 [db] OnNotify: asOld...

A diff question to normal
I have a template in excel and need to insert a new picture into a specfic area each time I use the template. i thought I would get by by insertig a text box and then inserting the picture into it, but that does not happen. Any ideas Anthony Ehmm, a PictureBox maybe? "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:0E504E4D-77E0-49E8-B996-AA57B879739E@microsoft.com... >I have a template in excel and need to insert a new picture into a specfic > area each time I use the template. i thought I would get by by insertig a > text box and then inse...

Public Folder DST Question
I did run msextmzcfg and got the mailboxes in the text file. I also copied the nonexistant users to the mailbox file so it should also update those mailboxes when I run the batch file. My question is about the calendars that we have in our public folders. How do we go about updating those? Thanks, James THere is a video about PF's here: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/02/21/435543.aspx "James" <acidflea@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OUMQ4o2VHHA.3948@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I did run msextmzcfg and got the mailboxes in the t...

Question about System.Enviroment.GetFolder()
So I'm trying to build a path variable that points to a longer path so I don't have to keep typing out the entire thing. I discovered the GetSpecialFolder() method and I'm trying to use it like this: Friend AppDataPath as String = System.Enviroment.GetFolderPath(Enviroment.GetSpecialFolder.ApplicationData()) & "\myAppName" My thought is, instead of typing the whole path to the users ApplicationData folder, I could simply substitute the AppDataPath variable there. However, the compiler is complaining that I can't convert an integer to a string or ...

dbx file naming question / problem
I just exited OE and was prompted to "compress files" I chose yes. I was curious how big the compressed folders in wastebasket were, so before shutting down, I then went to recycle bin and saw a lot of saw filenames like: 2006.dbx 2006 (1).dbx microsoftgroupname.dbx microsoftgroupname (1).dbx and wondered, why the ( ) dbx files created ? So I went back into OE to see what filename is it USING ? and if using 2006 (2).dbx, then I moved all of the "earlier versions" - 2006.dbx, 2006 (1).dbx - into a temp folder ( I thought I'd do them all but tested with...

Monthly Reports use closed accounts
I just upgraded to Money Plus Premium and was trying various things to make sure it all worked. I can set up most reports to include the Accounts and Investments I want but the Monthly Reports won't allow me to do that. When I run them that report includes accounts I have closed years ago and investments I have sold. The result is that the section that shows my best and worst investments for the month is pretty useless because it lists mostly things I have no interest in. In fact I suppost all the other information in the monthly report is equally useless since it is working on the ...

Questions RE: Intellegent Message Filtering
I've been working with IMF for about a week now and have it tweak fine for our organization. I do, however, have a couple of questions. During the past week I've had IMF set to Archive rejected email so I could review them and tweak my threshold as necessary. I'm now satisfied with what is being rejected and would like to know if I should change the action to Delete or Reject? Is it possible to change the NDR text? I'd rather it say something like "Recipient does not exist" instead of "message refused" If I set it to reject will the sender assume t...

Check Printing Question
I just opened my business account and ordered LaserPrinter checks compatible with Money from Harland. I purchased Money05 Small business because it has that function. I dowloaded all my bank info. But what I'm really trying to do is find a way to print checks. I followed the instructions per F1 Help; basically select a transactions, set number field to print check, then go to File/Print Checks, but then I get a ERROR message saying that there are no checks to be printed...I've tried EVERYTHING...and I'm pretty computer saavy...but no avail. Money05 Small business may ha...

CRM Outlook Client installed on Citrix Question w/Flex Profiles
We have begun deploying CRM Dynamics 3.0 in our environment. All of our clients launch Outlook through Citrix MetaFrame XPe FR3 servers. The CRM Outlook client installs correctly the first time and everything works correctly. However, the next time Outlook is launched the CRM toolbar icons and the CRM menu items do not respond. We are using flex profiles with ops files capturing the HKCU settings for CRM. Here is a copy of our ini file: # REMOVE unused sections! [Header] Version = 11.0 Product = Microsoft Office 11.0 # ***************************** Registry Sections *********...

Setting up account for outlook
I am trying to set up my outlook on my computer using Windows Mail. I get to the part where it asks me about my provider/server information and I am lost. I do not know what kind of server my incoming or outgoing mail is nor do I know how to find it. I get this error: The host 'HTML' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'test', Account: 'SMTP', Server: 'HTML', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D -- Anthony Outlook or Outlook Express...

Open Mailbox after Disabling user account
Is there a way to Open a users mailbox after the AD user account has been disabled? Or then reenabled? I tried both and it just states that it cannot expand the folders. I'm trying to add the mailbox to another users Outlook 2003 Client (using Exchange Server) and selecting the previously disabled account in the "Open these additional mailboxes" listbox. What is the best procedure should you want to disable the account, and still have access to the old mail messages? Any help is appreciated. Hi, If you add the associated external account permission to the disabled users ...

Send as a different email account
Hey, I have forward@domain.com - people send email to there, it gets forwarded to real@domain.com When I am replying to an email sent to forward@domain.com, I want to *automatically* have the 'From' bit reading forward@domain.com - Not as real@domain.com How can I achieve this? Outlook wont use the reply address as what is given in the 'To' of the email. Thanks, Andrew Outlook version? Account is POP3/IMAP4 or Exchange?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outl...

Update from subproject to master project
Hello, Project Server 2007 SP2 + dec CU: I have several subprojects (work packages) grouped into one master project. I need that the updates of work-packages are made only by the work-package managers. So if the program manager opens the master project, he is not able to modify any work-package. How is it possible to set this security requirement? Thanks for your help Robert: Unless you make the projects read-only for that user, you cannot do this, as the ability to open and edit in Project is simply that. You get access to everything. There is no way to secure parts...

Query Criteria question
In a query; the fields are: CustomerID, Customer, NotPaid, Overdue, Outstanding. Where Notpaid is under 10 days, overdue is over 10 days, outstanding is over 30 days. I need to see NotPaid and Overdue only. If I type True in both Criterias, it shows nothing. I can only go with one True. How can I do it so I can see both but no other data which would be irrelevant? I know I can do one form NotPaid, the other Overdue, then show both pages. I am trying to avoid that. You need an Or statement. In the query design view put the True for the two fields on different lines on the Criteria. -- ...

List Box Question #2
I have two list boxes, one in column I31 and the other in column E42. They both have different data in them. I want the list box in column E42 to show a specific value based on the data chosen in list box I31. If listbox in I31 shows A, then show C in listbox E42 If listbox in I31 shows F, then show G in listbox E42 If listbox in I31 shows Z, then show R in listbox E42. I need to do this for about 7 Ifs. Thanks! Hi, Here are the steps for creating a dynamic data validation list: 1. Create three or more list in the spreadsheet. For example: A B C New Yo...

WLM 2001
Just downloaded Windows Live Mail 2011 beta, my current version now is Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810) This is a German version and i upgraded it from WLM. First impression is quite ok - the import of all eMail accounts and store folders worked. As it seems the Alt+M shortcut no longer works, this displayed a familiar drop-down menu style, does anyone know if there is still a way to do this? Next, if i understood correctly, the calendar still has no reminders, unless you are logged into some live account. Am i right or have i missed several things? greetings Ro...

Setting up associated cash accounts & the role of "contributions"
I used to consider myself reasonably software savvy before this came up. I bought MS Money 2006, made online connections to several investment accounts, downloaded or imported transactions, and am reasonably happy with that in that all the transactions are there and I don't have to manually enter them and the online updates pick up new ones. What I don't seem to understand on some basic level is the associated cash accounts. I believe I understand what it's supposed to do, I'm just not sure how to set it up. For Fidelity, as an example, there's a money market fund, ...