Project Accounting Inventory Transfer

This is GP 10 PA. I inadvertently went past the project number field on the
Inventory Transfer screen and it let me do that. It even puts the word <NONE>
in that field. Why is that allowed and why would you do that? It appears that
with this all you a doing is a ledger entry. You appeat to be doing a
transfer but not transferring anything to any job.

Reported Positions don't match Money Account
I've been downloading my stock portfolio details for years with no problem. For some reason one of my brokerage accounts has gotten out of whack - Money is reporting "Positions reported....don't match those in your money account". If I don't update and manually compare the account summary with my online statement, every quantity for every symbol matches exactly. Yet for some reason, Money thinks it can only fix this problem by creating an empty symbol and inserting some shares. I think that somehow money is trying to map a few new transactions into the wrong ac...

Project manager can see all projects in project center .
I set these permission in My Projects Category. and want that every project manager can see his own project on project center. but one project manager can see all projects which is wrong according to these permissions. and other project managers are watching only their own projects. Only the projects indicated. The User is the Project Owner or the User is the Status Manager on assinments within that project. The User is on that project's Project Team. tell me solution as soon as possible. Hi Sam, It is likely that your PM is also a member of another group, eg Exec...

A temporary TEMP account is produced on occassion
Using XP Home SP3, fully patched and clean system (virus and 5 malware scanners used regularly and nothing found). I have noticed this problem happen 3 times so far (approx 2 months between occurrences on average). The problem is: A user on our PC logs into his/her account and a temporary account is generated on that occasion. I know about this problem as I have had to deal with someone else's PC where I had to port across all the files from their old account to a newly created account as a temporary profile had been produced. When I look in Documents And Settings when...

Non Inventory Item account not appear automatically !?
Hello In Posting account setting, I had entered a NON- Inventory Account , but the problem is: when inserting a non-Inventory Item in Sales transaction Entry window the account not appear automatically ! Any suggest please. By definition that is a cost account and it is not used for non IV items in SOP "Monzer Osama" wrote: > Hello > > In Posting account setting, I had entered a NON- Inventory Account , > but the problem is: > when inserting a non-Inventory Item in Sales transaction Entry window > the account not appear automatically ! > Any suggest please....

CRM 3.0 Mapping Account to Address
Trying to map the Freight Terms and it does not appear that I can map it. The Shipping Method is, however mapped. And suggestions? Thanks! Shauna Are you referring to the Address or Contact entity? "Shauna Koppang" wrote: > Trying to map the Freight Terms and it does not appear that I can map it. > The Shipping Method is, however mapped. And suggestions? > > Thanks! > Shauna Hi Chad, To the More Addresses, Address form. The Shipping Method seems to be mapped but not the Freight Terms. Any suggestions? Thanks! Shauna "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" wrote:...

Adding email accounts.
I want to change my default email processing to Outlook. My primary email address appears there, but to add my other addresses I'm asked for "server addresses." I don't know if these accounts (Yahoo! and MyWay in this case) are POP3 or whatever, or what the "send" and "receive" addresses are, or how to find out. Help? Outlook is for POP mail, not web mail. Use your browser instead. "Shneur" wrote: > I want to change my default email processing to Outlook. My primary email > address appears there, but to add my other addresses I&...

Change Mailbox Primary Account
Here is my case: One Windows 2003 Active Directory forest (domain.net) which has two subdomains: WEST and EAST. WEST.domain.net has Exchange 2003 installed and is providing mail service. EAST.domain.net is new created subdomain; domain AD scheme had been updated with Exchange extensions. User John Smith has account (jsmith@west.domain.net) and mailbox (jsmith@domain.net) in WEST.domain.net; John Smith also has account (jsmith@east.domain.net). My question is how to set jsmith@east.domain.net as primary account for mailbox (jsmith@domain.net). Thanks for your help. On Tue, 20 Mar 200...

Tricky Accounting query
Hi All, Sorry for the 'not so descriptive' subject - but there wasn't enough room to write "Need help with Financial data from multiple tables to follow where a transaction went". :-D I have 8 tables - all identical - for 8 different 'accounts' (not bank accounts, but accounting 'accounts'). I have been asked if I can pull data from the 8 to try and follow a 'transaction' through these accounts. I had thought a crosstab query might do the trick, but was having difficulties in putting it together. So I then started by creating a...

Small business Accounting 2006
Hello All - I have SMall Business Accounting 2006, evertying thing was installed and running fine then i added the system to a 2003 SBS Server and now i keep getting this error: "General network error encountered. Connection to DB has been either turned off or server is not reachable. Please shut down application and try to log on again." I have uninstalled and reinstalled SBA 2006 six as well as SQL Desktop and am still unable to acceess the accounting software. THe software opens fine then it cant find the data base (review the error above). I get the error with ...

Can't logon Outlook 2002 to Exchange with a good account
Can setup a good users account on an XP pro computer, but one one XP pro computer the account will not work. Message received: Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domai username, password and domain are ok and will work on other XP pro computers, but another, where it worked before. ??????????????? Are you logging in locally? Is name resolution working? What's the domain topology look like? Al "BDS" <bds@trl.com> wrote in message news:0c4d01c34613$dcd8e230$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can setup a good users account on an X...

Accounting for change in data over time
Please help, I'm having a brain freeze today, and I can't figure out what should be obvious. I have three tables: tblOrgs that holds information about an organization tblContacts that holds information about the peple that work at organizations tblMarketingRecords that hold marketing information about the organizations and the contacts that have been made. I need to account for two things that can change over time: the first is the person's title; the second is their association with the organizaion. In the first case, a person's title was Admin and is now Associate. ...

Closing An Account?
Hi,, What does closing an account do (other than grey it out in the account List). I can still open it from the list and i can still enter Transactions in it? All i am trying to do is Close the account,,, but still be able to view it but NOT be able to make any changes ,,,, ive selected Close Account AND ,,, SHOW in List THanks Glyn glyn3@bigpond.com Closing really just hides the account, although it does in addition remove it from the budget and the life time planner. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh...

Suggestion: Allow for the Project Number to be Changed on PO Line
When entering purchase order line items in GP 9, the user should be able to select a new project without deleting the record and entering a new record. -- Charles Allen, MVP ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/C...

Deleted transfers showing up in budget planner (M04)
In M04's budget planner under 'tranfers out of budget accounts' I have two transfers appearing from my checking to a cc account that I recently paid off. The bills (transfers) no longer exist and they doen't appear in bills and deposits. I am unable to edit them from within the budget planner - nothing happens when I click on the edit button for either of them (I have two other transfers out of budget accounts that I can click edit for to view/change txn details). I have tried closing the cc account that the transfers go (went) to (nothing changes). Also have tried ma...

MS Duet work with MS Project
I understand the collaboration of SharePoint and SAP “Duet” will be integrated with 2010 office suite. Does this include MS Project? Will Duet work with MS Project? I doubt that Reuter, but you may want to have a look at a product from TPG. (The Project Group). they specilise in the integration between Project Server and SAP Hope this helps -- Marc Soester [MVP] http://www.i-pmo.com.au "Reuter" wrote: > I understand the collaboration of SharePoint and SAP “Duet” will be > integrated with 2010 office suite. Does this include MS Project? Will Duet >...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK #2

Renaming a user account
I have a user account (Joe) that no longer works here. I disabled his account. A new worker is taking his place (Fred). I want to rename Joe's account to Fred in active directory. If I do this, does Joe's email account automatically turn into Fred'? And will Fred be able to see all of Joe's past email in his inbox? If there is a KB on how to do this, can someone let me know? Thanks in Advance, Jim a better way to do this might be to delete Joe's mailbox (IF, and ONLY IF, you have mailbox retention set), then run the mailbox cleanup agent, and when Joe's ma...

Change of Account Manager should not change other records.
When changing the Account Manager on an Account, CRM currently changes the ownership of the different types of records attached to that Account to the same value as the Account Manager. CRM needs to be changed to where the Account Manager field can be changed for the Account, but the ownership of the other record types remain independent of the Account. In most cases we do not want this ownership to change. For example, quite often and in most cases the owner of an Opportunity will not be the same as the Account that owns the Opportunity. Also, on Opportunities that have been closed...

MS Money Does not Recognize Account
I have an ING IRA account that will not automatically download or update at all. I have to update it manually. I added two IRA accounts at the same time and one updated automatically and the other does not. I have added additional ING accounts since then and they were recognized automatically as well. But this one, I cannot get automatic update to work no matter what. I have deleted it and try to get Money to find this account automatically and still nothing. It is driving me nuts. All my other accounts work, why not this one. Please advise. HERE ARE MY STEPS - and Still Will not re...

How to Add Columns to "Blank" MS Project?
Is there a way to add columns to "Blank" project that comes up when I click on File/New? I want to always have Text1, Text2, etc with the names Renamed on every Project file I open. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01CAC558.64747C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi TKGerdie, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) The best way is to set up a project as you want it and then save it as a = template. Please see FAQ Item: 8. New Project Template. ...

Project Accounting #5
Can anyone suggest a good "Getting Started" guide or "How To" book for Dynamics GP Project Accounting. -- Dave Hoisch dhoisch@gmail.com There are training manuals you can get through your partner. There might be an eCourse for Project Accounting, too. Other than those options, the user guides that ship with GP are the only PA books I know exist. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Dave" wrote: > Can anyone suggest a good "Getting Started" guide or "How To" book for > Dynamics GP Project Accounting. > -- > Dave Hoisch > dhoisc...

Ref Transfering Info from a table
I don't know if I'm asking the impossible here but I'll give it a try. I have a excel program which I am trying to set up a function whereby it will create a work rota based on a shift pattern. It currently will create a table with staff names on it and there shift pattern for a given week. What I am trying to do is let the user select shift pattern 1 for example and have excel transfer this onto the rota but place the name instead of shift in the appropriate shift. ie If I select shift 1 it will place name A onto the early shift and place A on the Day off line whi...

Updating Accounts
About a month ago I opened my Money program and saw that it had deleted the sign-on info I had saved for Home Depot and MBNA. Since then, it has not allowed me to set up online updates. I keep getting "Account Updates Not Available, Please Try Again Later". These accounts had been updating fine before this. I have called support, talked to support online, they closed the session every time as unresolved. WHAT'S THE DEAL? I am seriously looking into trashing Money and using Quicken! ...

Physical inventory question #3
I have a customer that is looking at an inventory last month and in the Summary box it shows what quantities and values were expected, however, when I click Print and export the data to CSV, the expected totals do not match what is in the summary box. Any ideas? Is there a way to subtotal the Active report when printed to screen? Thanks in advance. Phil Try the 2nd icon "select columns to group" on the top of the report. You can subtotal them by what column you choose to group them by. "Phil V" wrote: > I have a customer that is looking at an inventory last...

Fixed Asset Projection or Depreciation
We're trying to do a Fixed Asset Projection but it doesn't appear to do anything. It goes through the process and says it's completed but when we print the report - nothing. We've even tried Depreciating and but it's not depreciating. We've got the Fiscal Year and Quarters built. Things have been depreciated through year-end but won't depreciation or project for the new year. What are we missing? Elaine - Did you ever get an answer on this one...? Thanks, Moreen "Elaine" wrote: > We're trying to do a Fixed Asset Projection but it doesn&...