Project Accounting for Internal Projects

We use Project Accounting 7.5 from Workforce ROI for tracking our projects we
work on for customers and we utilize the invoicing and profit recognition
features to do this.  We would also like to use the Project Accounting module
for tracking internal projects; more as a way to track spending on CIP until
it's capitalized as opposed to billing it out.

Is this how other companies do this, or should we be tracking it in a
different way/with a different program?  What's the best way to get around
having to recognize profit?  Just delete the JE that's generated, or can we
tell it somehow that it's an internal project?

Thanks.
0
BAN (8)

Is it possible to 'un merge' accounts.
It seems I have lost one of my accounts when I merged. ...

Error while merging accounts
I get an error stating that I do not have enough permissions to merge accounts in CRM 3.0. I am able to merge contacts without any trouble. Also if I am the owner of the 2 accounts to be merged then I can merge them but if someone else is the owner then I get an error message. I have permission to assign accounts. Does anyone know what other permissions I need to be able to merge accounts?? Thank You in advance. ...

Forwarding Email to external accounts
I need to be able to set up someones Outlook 2000 so that when they are out of the office, any incoming mail is forwarded to a hotmail account or the like. I have set a rule up instructing it to do this activated out of office assistant etc. Is there something I need to do in Exchange as well to allow external mail forwarding? I am using Exchange 5.5 at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kingjizzo <Kingjizzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to be able to set up someones Outlook 2000 so that when they > are out of the office, any incoming mail is forw...

Change "Account" to "Company" in Navigation pane
Ok, what am I missing here. We don't want to call companies "Accounts". So I went and changed the "Account" Entity "Name" field to "Company" (and the corresponding plural name to "Companies". However, in the navigation pane, it still shows up as "Accounts". What am I doing wrong? Do I need to edit the site map for this? Thanks, Elie Wildman. After you changed the name of the entity to Company/Companies, did you publish the changes? After you publish, you might have to refresh the page to see the changes. I have been able...

Mail Flow Problem Between 2 Internal Exchange Servers
Recently I added a second Exchange server to the network. The 1st server is Exchange 2000 and the 2nd is Exchange 2003. Both are located in the same physical network site and subnet, exchange administrative group, and exchange routing group. I created one test user/mailbox on the 2nd server. I can sucessfully send mail to the 2nd exchange server's test mailbox from mailbox user on the 1st server but cannot send messages to the user/mailboxes on the 1st server from the test mailbox. In otherwords I can recieve email but cannot send from the test user/mailbox on the new server. Any ...

Project Tasks not displayed under My Tasks in PWA
my client was assigned to the default project manager group in project server 2007, he created a project assigned some tasks to himself, but these yasks do not dispaly at all in project server, he can't view them under My Tasks in PWA jummy -- In the future, please post your Project Server 2007 questions to the microsoft.public.project.server newsgroup, as this newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Project desktop application only. To answer your question, the most likely causes for the problem are: 1. The PM did not publish the project using File - Publish. Tasks...

Is MS Project 2007 CAC compatible?
Does anyone know if Project 2007 has the capablility to user authenticate using a CAC? Is there a way to use CAC with the Active Directory option? Any other add-On options available ? Thanks, nkbrgs It should probably be the same as implementing SharePoint with CAC - which looks like it is fairly well documented. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Does anyone know if Project 2007 has the capablility to user > authenticate > using a CAC? Is there a way to use CAC with the Active Directory > option? Any > other add-On options availa...

Trying to create a Sales Projection/Forecast/Estimate
I'm trying to create a estimated sales pace for the month at my restaurant from a chart that has our daily sales in it. The current chart has the following formula "=(C38/COUNT(C6:C36))*31" in cell C42. This formula takes cell C38 which is the TOTAL SALES for the month using the formula "=SUM(C6:C36)". This formula takes the DAILY SALES from C6 to C36 and obviously adds them up. Our daily sales vary greatly, as on the weekends we do double to triple our weekday business. Right now the formula is giving us the same number as our sales total for the month which ...

Address spoofing using SMTP commands in internal 5.5 server
We have an Internal Mail server running on the following platform NT4.0 SP6a Exchange 5.5/SP4. Norton Antivirus for mail and OS level protection. We have noticed that its possible to open a telnet session on SMTP port "25" and run SMTP commands like "MAIL FROM: xyz@hotmail.com" and submit messages to any internal address of the mail server. This has led to a lot of security concerns ,because any smart user can submit messages with a spoofed address. Please let us know if there is a way to prevent this on our exchange 5.5 Mail server? -SP Hi, What you pro...

Balance Account Issues...
I have Microsoft Money Plus and have been using the Money suite of applications for over 4 years. Today, when I went to go and balance my checking account via... * Common Tasks * Balance This Account * Clicked Next * Typed in the Statement Date and Ending Balance and Clicked Next * I checked all my "Cleared" transactions and clicked "Next" when my balance was "0". Nothing happened! I tried balancing my savings account and it works fine, but my checking account won't balance. Any ideas? Thanks On Nov 9, 3:48=A0pm, neal.m.s...@gmail.com wrote: > I ...

Single outlook account for each user?
How do I set up outlook to download each persons email into their own file. Right now everyone email is all together. Everyone can read everyon else's mail. Is everyone's email in one POP3 mailbox? If so, you can't do that easily with Outlook. It's much easier if each person has their own POP3 mailbox. "dmozny2" <dmozny2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F022FC28-1A14-47BC-A6ED-D28DDFA6A977@microsoft.com... > How do I set up outlook to download each persons email into their own > file. > Right now everyone email is all together. ...

Entering Employee Project Time in Business Portal
Can a manager create a project timesheet on behalf of an employee in Business Portal? I know managers can create payroll timecards, but what about project timesheets? And how? Hi-- Not in Business Portal. they can do a proxy timesheet however if they have access to Personal Data Keeper. Take care, Christina ...

Tracking Internal e-mail origin
Can I identify which client station is sending an internal e-mail? Some of the e-mails are to vaild users others are not. Thanks for any help C.R. On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:50:41 -0700, "crmcmurray" <crmcmurray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I identify which client station is sending an internal e-mail? Some of >the e-mails are to vaild users others are not. > >Thanks for any help >C.R. Message Tracking? Look at the Internet Headers? Check the received headers in the email. Typically the last received header contains the IP address of the machin...

SetCustomer internal command error for Custom POS Button
For the Custom POS button, I have one of the buttons to set my customer. I use the Internal Command for the style and my command is "SetCustomer". However, when I try it in my POS screen, I get this error message: "BridgeReceiptor::OnFireEvent An Error occured in the event 'SetCustomer'. Error 5: Invalid procedure call or argument" How can I fix this? Thanks for your help. Ari, If you wanted to select a customer and use the custom POS buttons, th command should be SelectCustomer and not SetCustomer : I want to put the customer's info in my work order....

Unable to create multiple accounts at same bank
I have several accounts with different numbers at the same bank. I can't find a way to have Money allow me to enter the other account numbers and electronically sync the accounts. It seems to do one or the other, but not more than one. Any help? Thanks MM In microsoft.public.money, mattm wrote: >I have several accounts with different numbers at the >same bank. > >I can't find a way to have Money allow me to enter the >other account numbers and electronically sync the >accounts. It seems to do one or the other, but not more >than one. If they are set...

Cannot remove module in project browser
Somehow a VBA module got created for one of my forms and is showing up in the VBA Project Browser (Form_Formname). When I right-click it, the "Remove Form_Formname" option is grayed out. I've deleted all the contents of the module, so it's just an empty name, basically. Also, I've checked the form and it's not getting called anywhere. What gives? See if a /decompile and then a Compact and Repair corrects the issue. http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/decompile.htm joeljkp wrote: >Somehow a VBA module got created for one of my forms and is showing up in the >V...

Problem Entering Custom Fields in MS Project 2007 PLEASE HELP!!!
Hey everyone, I am working on a huge platform development project. We are dealing with a large amount of requests from various departments. I thought it would be useful to add a custom field named "Department" so that I could sort by this field and have a good view of what is needed by each department. I have gotten the field up and running so I can enter the text. The problem I am dealing with, is whatever I type in the custom text field I have added, is mirrored in the Priority field (in the main view, not the Gaant Chart view). Clearly this is a huge problem, because the pri...

Analytical Accounting should work with Allocation Accounts
Analytical Accouting should allow posting to Allocation Accounts and roll down the allocation dollars to the distribution accounts just as it rolls down general ledger dollars to the allocation distribution accounts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. htt...

send inbox back to old email account.
I hate Outlook and think I made a huge mistake. I was wondering if there is anyway I can send my inbox back to my yahoo account. Since I set this up yesterday it took all of my old inbox messages and deleted them from yahoo. Thanks Ammend the outlook mail settings to leave a copy on the server. Forward mail back to yourself "Angel" <Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:148E98FB-4E85-4F56-A0DF-8C73022AAAE8@microsoft.com... >I hate Outlook and think I made a huge mistake. I was wondering if there is > anyway I can send my inbox back to my yahoo accou...

Are you bombarded with Outlook asking to save pop account password?
Everything is fine with ultiple pop accounts and then one day it breaks and refuses to pop but can smtp. You have tried everything that MS and others suggest, but no avail...including article Q290684, SP2 and a wing and a prayer.... Well I seem in my case to have fixed the problem and can at least retrieve email but sometimes I need to still enter the password/hit ok... In the registry even after deleting the pop account from outlook 2003 it keeps some records on unread emails...I found this in the registry looking for the pop account as a key and thought that's strange given I have del...

Outlook 2003 hangs when creating new Exchange Account/Connection
Ok, well Im on the edge of giving up. Heres the Scenario I just got done installing my Exchange 2003 server on a windows 2003 server. Runs great. I went around and set up all the other computers in the office to connect to it and when i added them, they snapped to, i mean you go, control panel, email, new email, exchange account, and then put in your server name, and your user name, and you click check name, and it worked for everyone. Except my computer. My user name works on other computers. I was able to get one error to pop up saying it couldnt communicate with the server. But i c...

Viewing Escrow Account in the Account List Money 2007
I have 4 main account types in the Account List menu. They are Bank Accounts, Credit Accounts, Investment Accounts, and Other Accounts. Whenc setting up my escrow account in the setup wizard, I selected "Other accounts" / "Cash accounts." In the Account list menu, my escrow shows up in the Bank Accounts rather then Other Accounts. My Bank Accounts are my day to day savings and checking accounts. I like to monitor day to day totals of all the "Bank Accounts." I don't want my Escrow totals added here. Can I move the account to the "Other Ac...

Add related Case to Account/Contact URL

Project 2010, no WSS sites for projects
Hi, I see ther is no links to WSS sites when creating a project But the sites exist, if using the direct link. Is it a bug, or something new in comparison with Project Server 2007 It's a known issue. Check the 2010 forums for more info. You'll have more luck over there with 2010 questions. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/projectserver2010,projectprofessional2010 - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Hi, > I see ther is no links to WSS sites when creating a project > But the sites exist, if using the direct ...

No master account SID error for a deleted user
We deleted a user account from Active Diretory MMC long time ago, but we got a disabled user 'does not have a master account SID' once every day for that deleted user. We could not find that user's mailbox in all our exchange servers. Any ideas or suggestions welcome. Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9548 Date: 19/09/2006 Time: 12:36:19 AM User: N/A Computer: NM3KEX00 Description: Disabled user /O=Organization/OU=OrganizationUnit/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=Username does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to s...