Project Accounting 9.0 Question

I have been getting familiar with the project accounting module.  I
understand how to set up contracts, projects and cost categories.

I need some clarification re: the assignment of costs to the projects.

If we purchase goods or services from a vendor for a project how are these
to be processed?  Do these have to be booked through the POP receivings
window to update project costing?  Is there a way to update a project
through payables transaction entry?

I see a window for setting up units of measure.  Can we set up the services
we purchase from a vendor independently of the inventory item maintenance
window?  We would want to pre-define the services we receive via the POP
receivings window.

Is it necessary to purchase inventory management in order to assign items to
a project?

Thanks.

0
news_jamrock (304)

Purchase Receivings must be used to update Project Accounting.

It is necessary to have Inventory to assign items to a project. The idea is
you will be doing transfer transactions to move inventory to the projects.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Jamrock" wrote:

> I have been getting familiar with the project accounting module.  I
> understand how to set up contracts, projects and cost categories.
>
> I need some clarification re: the assignment of costs to the projects.
>
> If we purchase goods or services from a vendor for a project how are these
> to be processed?  Do these have to be booked through the POP receivings
> window to update project costing?  Is there a way to update a project
> through payables transaction entry?
>
> I see a window for setting up units of measure.  Can we set up the services
> we purchase from a vendor independently of the inventory item maintenance
> window?  We would want to pre-define the services we receive via the POP
> receivings window.
>
> Is it necessary to purchase inventory management in order to assign items to
> a project?
>
> Thanks.

0
callen (2505)
9/7/2006 8:11:02 PM
Jamrock:

You can set up service items in the inventory Item Maintenance window.
Under the "Item Type", select Services.  This will allow you to select
the service from your vendor when in the Purchase Order entry screen
and you can assign it to an existing project.  When you do the
receiving transaction, the cost of the service will be charged to the
project.

Frank Hamelly
NOVA Solutions, LLC

0
fhamelly (399)

econnect 9.0 installation com+
I am installing eConnect 9 on a local machine with SQL Server Express and GP 9 installed. Running WinXP Pro sp2. When I get to the end of the installation process and need to enter the Domain/user and pass, I enter "eConnect" as the user I created in users and Groups. "eConnect" user is part of the admin group. I receive the following errors and installation fails. "The eConnect Incoming Service Returned the following error: Status Invalid Service Account" "The eConnect Outgoing Service Returned the following error: Status Invalid Service Account" ...

VBA Worksheet Event Change or Selection Question, please assist me
Two fantastic people were kind enough to provide me these two codes below, and now I'm trying to see if I can expand it to include other columns and data in a worksheet. Code 1: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myC As Range If Intersect(Target, Range("P:P")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents =3D False For Each myC In Intersect(Target, Range("P:P")) Range("Q" & myC.Row).Value =3D Date - Target.Value Next myC Application.EnableEvents =3D True End Sub Code 2: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Tar...

modify AD computer script to run from locally authenticated account on server
Hello, I have a script that I want to modify but am lost in applying the correct syntax to move a computer object in Active Directory. Based on what I have found in my searches I will need to bind directly to a DC with alternate credentials. I have tried multiple iterations but can't get it to work. Below is the original un-altered script that I am trying improve upon. ------begin paste----------- 'get computer name strComputer = "." Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root \cimv2") Set colItems = objWMI...

Difficult Excel Question
I am doing a VLOOKUP, but when you select the sheet you wish to look at, I would like the name to chance depending on a name supplied by a cell. If anyone can solve this, please e-mail me rthakrar49@hotmail.com =VLOOKUP(A1,INDIRECT("'"&A2&"'!A1:H100"),3,FALSE) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "rthakrar49@hotmail.com" <rthakrar49@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BDA5D08-0AD1-43D2-A572-58900081D412@microsoft.com... > I am doing a VLOOKUP, but when you select the sheet ...

Referencing .NET 2.0 but end result uses .NET 3.5
I'm using DevStudio 2005 and I have a project that references System.dll ver 2.0.50727 and I accidentally compiled code that used an overload that only exists in version 3.5 because my intellisense showed it. I tried to compile it on another machine that never had the .NET 3.5 install and it wouldn't compile and the intellisense had that version of the overload yet both references looked identical; looking at ver 2.0 of System.dll The method in question was WaitHandle.WaitOne. ..NET 2.0 WaitOne() WaitOne(Int32, Boolean) WaitOne(TimeSpan, Boolean) ..NET 3.5 WaitOne...

CBitmap class question
I use CBitmap::CreateBitmap create a CBitmap object, and sets the bit datas by CBitmap::SetBitmapBits, but I can not display it on the screen(ie. use CDC::BitBlt), which step do I miss? Thanks for any idea. My codes like: CBitmap bmp; bmp.CreateBitmap(50,50,1,24,NULL); //24 bit colors bmp.SetBitmapBits(bufLen, pBuf); //pBuf points to valid data CDC dcMem; dcMem.CreateCompatibleDC(pDC); dcMem.SelectObject(&bmp); pDC->BitBlt(0,0,50,50,&dcMem,0,0,SRCCOPY); // fault! can not display the map. This is what you need:- http://support.microsoft.com/default.a...

Account name not mapped with security id
Hi, After installing CRM, i have noticed in the event viewer on the server that CRM generates an errorin the form of something like Error: Account names not mapped with domain users security IDs. How do i solve this? ...

Blank Project on MS Project Pro 2007 startup
Does anyone have a code snippet for closing the blank project that is opened when opening project? Or is there a checkbox I have missed that will do this. Hello WJM, You can set Project to open the last file on startup in Tools > Options, General tab. However, I believe there is currently an error in Project 2007 where opening the last file on startup causes an incorrect error message. When you open an existing project plan the Project1 file is closed for you. I guess I'm not sure that a clicking a button to run a macro is any better than using the built in close ...

Deferred Compensation Accounts
Quicken let me identify accounts that had taxable distribution, i.e. tranfers from accounts could be identified as taxable. Is there any of doing this in Money 2004 Deluxe? ...

wireless router question from a dummy
Have high speed internet. Have a 3gbsdram. And I have a router that is a g. Would I benefit as far as computer speed on the net with a router that is an n router. Also even though the computer says 802.11 a/g/n wireless I still would have to buy the the adapter that goes into the notebook? I know nothing about routers and the fact we have a g router it doesn't have an adapter needed for the computer to work. Was wondering if that is the same case with a wireless n router? thanks How do you connect to the net? Do you have more than one PC? "iluv my kitties and family&...

Quick E2K3 CAL Question
Does an Exchange 2003 email enabled Custom Contact need a CAL? We have several users who do not actually have user accounts but simply have forwarding contact objects. Thanks, Fred In news:uBJaj0yeFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Fred Yarbrough <fcyarbrough@yahoo.com> typed: > Does an Exchange 2003 email enabled Custom Contact need a CAL? We > have several users who do not actually have user accounts but simply > have forwarding contact objects. > > Thanks, > Fred Nope. I'd check with the Microsoft Licensing for an accurate answer. I don't believe s...

MX question on Exchange 2003
When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu the mail can not be delivered because there first MX record that points to 132.239.95.98 doesn't have port 25 open for mail. So my server tries only that server for tree days then it gives up. First of all, why doesn't my server try any other server with lover priority? And what is the reason to stop port 25 on their first MX server? I have an Exchange 2003 server with sp1 running on a windows 2003 server RO wrote: > When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu > the mail can not b...

thinking about exchange server
Hi I work for a small company (15-20 employees), we currently run windows xp and have an old server. What we want to do is setup shared calendars and contacts so the entire office can access them. This is in Outlook. what I need to know before i go and spend $$ on a new server is, how can this be done? Do I need Microsofts exchange server to accomplish this? Does exchange server run on its own or do i need to setup server 2003 and then put exchange server on it as well? Can this be done without a server (shared contacts and calendar) What is exchange server exactly? is it just an adva...

Account Unknown
Throughout our Exchange 2003 organisation, the security pages show two "Account unknowns" as well as the expected accounts. These unknown accounts cannot be removed as they are inherited from parent objects. In the Exchange System Manager, properties of the top-level object also show these two "account unknown" on the security tab and again they cannot be removed as they are inherited from its parent. Should these unknown accounts be removed and if so how? Where are they being inherited from? "Mark Goodspeed" <MarkGoodspeed@discussions.microsoft.com>...

2 Questions about Exchange 2003.
These are quesions from a practice test. I know nothing of Exchange servers. 1)I created a user 2 months ago and he did not need to have an email address. He has recently taken a job that required me to give an email address. Ho would I do that without deleting and recreating his account?(the mail server used is Exchange 2003) 2)My company is merging with another company and I need to configure my Exchange 2003 server to now accept email from the domain newdomain.com. Please list the steps that needs to be done to ensure that exchange will recieve email for that domain. Thanks for the...

upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 (error)
I am trying to upgrade CRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 to CRM 4.0 on SQL 2008 and getting this error. (I know CRM 3.0 doesnt support SQL 2008, so a '1' step upgrade might have its risks). "Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccessAction failed. The DEFAULT_SCHEMA clause cannot be used with a windows group or with principals mapped to certificates or asymmetric keys". I'm trying this in a virtual environment first. Any comments on this? Thanx Glen Hi Glen, Upgrade CRM 3.0 to SQL Server 2005 Evaluation . then upgrade to CRM 4.0 on SQL Server 2005. Take ...

VC++6.0 + CComboBoxEx + Win2000 = problem
Hello I have a problem wit the MFC class CComboboxEx and VC++6.0 under Windows 2000. The combobox is a "drop list" (Style CBS_DROPDOWNLIST) Basically everything work as it should be, the icons will be displayed in my combobox, the items are there, basically fine. But now my problem: 1)First the behaviour of the CComboBox class to explain my problem more exact (maybe I do not expect the correct behaviour in CComboBoxEx?): -For opening the dropdown list click the left mouse button -If I click the left mouse button again the dropdown list will be closed. 2)Now the CComboBoxEx c...

vanishing buttons / follow-on question
That was nicely resolved as noted, but: Example, one of my macros starts like this: =========================== Sub MainLogFindLastEntry() ' ' MainLogFindLastEntry Macro ' Macro recorded 29 05 2006 by Consultant ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+L ' Sheets("Log").Select =========================== now that this macro is called by a button, I have discovered the following: 1. if no worksheets are open the macro button will find a and open the correct workbook and sheet [brilliant!] 2. if other sheet(s), workbook(s) are open but not the correct workbook, t...

Version 9
Can you remove the option to add metrics through security, but leave the other home page options? Thanks I don't think you can do it in regular security, you'd need modifier to disable the 'Metrics' checkbox so it couldn't be selected. Field level security would work. ...

Cancelling my account
I am trying to cancel my old account and it keeps telling me "To close your Windows Live Hotmail account, you must first cancel your billing service. Go to Microsoft Account and Billing Services at https://billing.microsoft.com. I have clicked on the link and it says that I do not have a billing relationship and I cant close the account or get anyone to help me. PLEASE HELP ME Is your account a sub-account of another paying account or was it previously created by a parent or provided by an MSN Partner account ? - these are at least two reasons that might cause the billing...

Looking for FAX software FREE TRIAL
Hi... This is slightly off the NEWS topic, but I have spent 4 days searching this. I desperately need to fax something and have no options. I had fax stuff on my PC, but that PC is gone. I have an iMAC OS 9.2.2 and a good Epson scanner... but no fax software for this computer. is there any FREE TRIAL software for my system that is FULLY FUNCTIONAL TO TRY ? Please help as soon as you can... Thanks in advance, Kimi You'd be best off searching the web via google or somesuch, though someone may come along with a suggestion. Try different combinations of varying phrases, here's ...

Why is line number and position = 0 when validating against a xsd schema?
Why is line number and position = 0 in the code below? Valiation errors are found but not their position. cheers, mortb public static void Main() { XmlDocument xml = new XmlDocument(); xml.Schemas.Add(null, @"Schema.xsd"); xml.Load(@"Document.xml"); StringBuilder validationErrors = new StringBuilder(); xml.Validate(delegate(object errorSender, System.Xml.Schema.ValidationEventArgs eventArgs) { validationErrors.AppendFormat("{0} Line {1}, Pos {2}", eventArgs.Exception.Message, eventArgs.Exception.Line...

Never ending Updating your accounts
Hi, I upgraded my money to Plus Home and Business (v17). Since then I can not use the software because it always "updating your accounts" I already done couple repairs of the money file, removed all items from home page. I do not really want to delete all my bills. Is there anything I can do else to stop this. This is some kind of bug that money folks should repair ASAP. Are you getting a message that money is updating accounts? I am having a problem when inputing a deposit or payment scheduled for about a month in advance. When the entry is made money freezes and I have ...

eCommerce / RMS Integration Project
We are a retailer with 4 stores running RMS and a website running php/mysql. We were considering re-doing our website with storefront.net since our current system isn't as reliable as we'd like it to be and storefront has some nice additional features. Mainly we want our web to look and act more like our stores. We want to manage inventory from RMS rather than a proprietary web interface. It would be nice to have our customer's in RMS as well. The Newestech integrator should be more than adequate. I would like to hear some feedback on Storefront.Net. I've heard some ba...

General Question on Structure
I'm converting a very large VB6 MDI application to C# that creates one "informational display" child form and then a varying number of other child forms all of the same type. The application will make socket connections to a couple of different servers, do serial port communication, some radio communication, play audio, and a number of other things. In the VB app, most of this work was done in the "information display" form. I keep running into cross threading issues when trying to reference items created in other threads (I thought I knew what a thread was, b...