Procedure to update Standard Costs

Ok

We have been running GP for years now and have added the Manufacturing
module and in doing that have broken our month cost update using integration
manager.

Fune...I will use table import.....although there is absolutely NO
documentation on this procedure what so ever.

Yes I have the SDK

Does someone a link or have documentation on say...how to use table import
to update Standard costs. ...or maybe How to use table import to import and
update data into your Great Plains install??

Tami

0
TamiFarrelly (100)

Tami,

You may need to check Mariano Gomez [MVP] post about this, it may be helpful

http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/10/often-overlooked-yet-powerful-table.html

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Tami Farrelly" wrote:

> Ok
>
> We have been running GP for years now and have added the Manufacturing
> module and in doing that have broken our month cost update using integration
> manager.
>
> Fune...I will use table import.....although there is absolutely NO
> documentation on this procedure what so ever.
>
> Yes I have the SDK
>
> Does someone a link or have documentation on say...how to use table import
> to update Standard costs. ...or maybe How to use table import to import and
> update data into your Great Plains install??
>
> Tami

Tami,

When using Mfg, standard costs should be calculated using the BOMs and
routers or variances will always occur.  There are procedures for this using
a manufacturing routine to rollup and then revalue standard costs.

If you have just installed mfg, there are two tables that need to be
populated.  As you enter new parts, the software will automatically update
these tables.  But, for an initial load you need to scripts.

Send your email address to rwhaley@accoladepublications.com and I will shoot
these two scripts back to you.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Tami Farrelly" wrote:

> Ok
>
> We have been running GP for years now and have added the Manufacturing
> module and in doing that have broken our month cost update using integration
> manager.
>
> Fune...I will use table import.....although there is absolutely NO
> documentation on this procedure what so ever.
>
> Yes I have the SDK
>
> Does someone a link or have documentation on say...how to use table import
> to update Standard costs. ...or maybe How to use table import to import and
> update data into your Great Plains install??
>
> Tami

0
info4071 (3005)

Total cost of employee to company
I'm new to Great Plains...all of accounting actually. I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out how to run a report that would tell me the total cost of an employee to the company. Wages, company paid taxes, Worker's Comp, company paid insurance, retirement contributions from the company etc. Any help would be appreciated by this newbie! Thanks in advance! There is not a report that has all of this information. It will have to be built. "Schana" <Schana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EE7F202-16C7-4827-B722-21009B4F7D73@microsoft.c...

Getting a number to update
I have a form with a button that when clicked I would like to have it go to a file, get the number there, add one to it, and then save it back in that file as well as display it in the field on the form. I created a table for this number, but don't know how to program the button to do what I want it to do. The users need a new number only some of the time, and would then click the button. The number needs to be incremental by one. Would a query work best or an update? I am at a loss, please help. Thanks, First BackUp your data I assume that this table has only one record whi...

Money 2004 Standard vs. Deluxe
I have been using the Deluxe Trial Version but want to purchase the Standard version. Are the versions compatible so I can import MYMONEY.MNY? deluxe has more features then standard....you might lose some data but should be ok. http://catalogs.google.com/microsoft.html search for money 2004 www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp >-----Original Message----- >I have been using the Deluxe Trial Version but want to >purchase the Standard version. Are the versions compatible >so I can import MYMONEY.MNY? >. > That's OK as long as the account registers are in tac...

Install these update
--adzagctkvwvmpwc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yymshbgidgckq"; type="multipart/alternative" --yymshbgidgckq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xbetqqjjn" --xbetqqjjn Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to ma...

Lost excel when updated
Hello! I updated this morning with the Office 2004 11.1.1 Update, but now I have no Excel file in my applications. I still have my OS X version, but the 2004 copy is gone. Any idea what happened? Thanks! In article <1110812445.635350.323280@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, tracyleemann@gmail.com wrote: > I updated this morning with the Office 2004 11.1.1 Update, but now I > have no Excel file in my applications. I still have my OS X version, > but the 2004 copy is gone. Any idea what happened? Thanks! How strange. Have you used Finder's Search function to look for it? O...

Upgrade from Money 2005 Standard edition to Money 2008 editions
I have Money 2005 standard edition and I would to upgrade to Money 2008. Can someone tell me which Money 2008 editions (essential, plus, deluxe) can accept Money 2005 standard edition files? For example, will I be able to upgrade/convert Money 2005 Standard edition files if I purchase Money 2008 Essential. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, nedcpa@yahoo.com wrote: >I have Money 2005 standard edition and I would to upgrade to Money >2008. Can someone tell me which Money 2008 editions (essential, plus, >deluxe) can accept Money 2005 standard edition files? You need Money Plus Deluxe ...

Script to update email address and AD account
I x-posted this to exchange and AD groups because it kind of covers both. We are changing all of the user's login accounts to firstname.lastname and we're adding to everybody's email addresses a new SMTP for firstname.lastname@domain.com. Note I don't want to change everybody's email address from what it is today, we just want to add this new one and make it the default for each user. The big question is can this be scripted? thanks, Eric Hi Eric, For the SMTP portion simply add the desired secondary SMTP address to your recipient policies and it will allow for your...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 15/Jan/2006, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' GARAGE SALES, buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, -------------------------------------------------------- Abvent Artlantis v4.5 Mac 1CD Abvent.PhotoCAD.v1.0.MacOSX ACD.Systems.Canvas.X.0.2.925.MacOSX Adobe.Acrobat.7.0.Pro.for.Mac.OS 1CD Adobe Acrobat 6.0.0 Professional Mac OSX 1CD ...

ERROR windos update
hi sir/mam I use windos 7 ultimate, windos update encounter an error and the error code ic 646 pls show me the way to install this update ............... THANKS Hello 1 important update on install 1 important update on, Please use the Windows 7 answers forum instead of the Server newsgroup here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 Also see: http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&source=hp&q=code+646+windows+update+encountered+an+unknown+error&meta=&aq=1&oq=code+646+ Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is prov...

Stopping Browser choice in windows update?
hi Is it possible to stop "browser choice" (KB976002) from being installed via the windows update service?? we have a wsus server and we have declined the update here, but if users go to www.windowsupdate.com they will still be able to install it. any suggestions on how we can stop it? Thanks Damien "LithiumKid1976" <Damien.j.brennan@gmail.com> schrieb: > Is it possible to stop "browser choice" (KB976002) from being installed via > the windows update service?? No, but it's possible to hide the Browser Choice window: http:/...

loss of access to records after update
I found that particularly in relation to using an afterupdate event on a combo that was to select the records one by one. It would only select the record the first time after the form was activated(?) I am not sure but I think this behaviour is dependent on a version of Access 2000. When I used Access 2002 it might have been corrected. ...

When losing focus from dialog, window is not updated.
Hello, I have made a simple example to explain what my problem is. 1. Create a Dialog based application called 'Counter' with the appwizard. 2. Place a Static Text in your dialog. 3. Add a CString member variable 'm_strCounter' to the Static Text with the ClassWizard. 4. Add a button called 'Count' to the dialog. 5. Add an OnCount() function for the BN_CLICKED message (of the 'Count' button) with the ClassWizard. 6. Put the following code in the OnCount() function: void CCounterDlg::OnCount() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here BY...

pasted images appear as place holders in Outlook 2003 (since updating form IE6 to IE7)
Hi, Since we migrated our environment from IE6 to IE7, many users have complained about not being able to see the images they copy/paste between Outlook messages. Our environment: Win XP SP2 + Office 2003 SP2/SP3 Steps for reproducing the problem: -in Outlook 2003, double-clic a message containing an embedded image, right-click the image and select COPY -close the message,create a new message and paste in the body of the message: a place holder with a red cross is pasted instead of the image Problem does not appear if any of these conditions is met: -rollback to IE6 (we won't do th...

Employee maintenance should update workers comp in paycodes
A change in the workers comp code on the employees maintenence screen needs to update the code in the individule paycode sfor an employee reducing the time for file maintenence, or at least asking if you want to do that when changing the code ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Insert/Update tables in a database with relational data from an XML file
Hi, Could anybody just point me in a direction where I can find information on how the heck I can update a database with relational data from an XML file. I use stored procedures to insert the data. And I am NOT storing the xml in the database. I want to map the xml elements to the database columns. I am about to start peeling my skin off in frustration about this. There are loads of info how to update using SetParentRow with ONE parent row and ONE child row like this: Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet Dim conn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection("DataSource... ") conn.Open()...

How to update formfield on subform?
Here is the simplyfied scenario. I have one tabel tblMain with two fields: [id] and [amount] (long integer) Lets say the table is filled with 10 records. id amount ------------- 1 10 2 20 3 30 4 40 5 50 6 60 7 70 8 80 9 90 10 100 What I like is the follewing: On a form in datasheetview the user may select one record, say record 3. After this selection a Subform should be displayed and show the difference of the amounts for all records: id amount Diff ------------------ 1 10 -20 2 20 -10 3 30 ...

Money 2004 req Passport for Background Updates?
Personally, I find the requirement to use Passport for background account updates to be inexcusable and infuriating. I will not create a Passport acocunt to manage my finances. Passport has a poor track record, and there is just no logic in requiring a shared web account to manage one's financial profile privately on their PC. Does Money 2004 have this requirement too for background updates? Or, has anyone successfully downgraded from 2004 back to 2003? If I try 2004 and find they still require Passport, I'm not going to upgrade. I would like to be able to downgrade though. Mone...

Cost of setting up exchange server
Hi, 1. We are having a IT service provider migrate our company (of about 25 people) from the existing email solution (3rd party IMAP) to an in-house exhange server. Their proposal states that this will take 32 man hours (28 regular + 4 "project management"). The server is already installed and so is the OS. The hour estemiate sounds pretty steep to me, but then I don't know what is involved. Can you please comment on whther or not we are getting a reasonable estimate. 2. We would also like to have an on-site mirrored back up exchange server, and we are being quoted 24 hours fo...

Auto update a date field when a checkbox is ticked
Hi All Does anyone know how I can automatically populate a data/time field when a check box is ticked? This needs to be at record level. thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Get Identity Values of Multi-row insert by using OUTPUT Clause http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/03c8104d-7deb-425e-beb5-dd4f996da99f/get-identity-values-of-mu.aspx If you mean when the check box receives a check (rather than when it is cleared), in the check box After Update event: If Me.CheckBoxName = True Then Me.SomeField = Now() End If If you want th...

Exchange 2003 and SBS 2003 to 2003 Standard
I would like to explain my current situation and make sure I do this the right way. I've recently had a major issue come up with my SBS 2003 server where first there was no remote RPC access, then OWA went down, and finally Exchange took a dump and wouldn't even function locally. After about a sleepless night I was able to get local Exchange access restored and for no known reason, I was able to get RPC and OWA to start functioning again. Enough said, I don't like the SBS configuarion or the server it sits on. Having e-mail problems like these is not good! I have a brand new 2003...

Windows 7 & SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition data Connectivity Iss
Hi , I installed Windows 7 & SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition. RMS i am using Ver 2.0 SP3 When i try to connect my databse server through Store Operation Administrator Application shows the following error Mesaage " To connect this server you must use SQL Server Management Studio Or SQL Server Management Objects (SMO) " Please Help me to solve this issue . Regards, Vijay Hi Vijay - You will need the SQL Server 2005 Backward Compatibility Components. The download can be found in the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Feature Pack, August 2008 http://www.microsoft.com/downl...

Cost on Sales Order Report
I am trying to print the current cost in the SOP Order report. I understand that what I print may not be the cost that is finally assigned to the item, since that is only determined at the time of posting the invoice (I am not talking about drop-ship items). Can anyone guide me on what field to use to modify the report using Report Writer? Also if there is any good article that talks about using calculated fields and formats in report Writer. Thanks -- Patti The Report Writer manual is a good place to start in terms of how to create calculated fields and use formats. You can p...

copying - linking
I am using excel 2000 and I want to copy parts of a sheet out of one workbook to another sheet in another workbook including all Conditional formatting, formulas and all cell formatting i.e. colours of cells etc. I want both sheets to link together automatically so no matter which on I update they will sync together and automatically update each other. Is there an easy and quick way to do this?? If so could you please tell me step by step so it is easy to follow. No, there isn't an easy way to do this. Excel pulls data from different cells very easily. But it doesn...

How do I automatically update chart source data links for moved fi
Am i able to autoupdate chart source data links, after moving the original source file, from one folder to another. Example Original destination G:\Customer\Data1 New destination G:\Customer\Data2 The link still looks to 'Data1', but the file no longer exists in there. I have many links and don't wish to update manually, if there is an easier way. With the later versions of XL, you can select Edit | Links... and in the resulting dialog box update an old link to point to a new source. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutor...

Excel problem turned into Update problem
Ok I'll try to explain this to you guys. First one user here was using office 2000 so I upgraded him to office XP. One thing he has to do is copy photo's that are in excel sheets into adobe photoshop. It used to work fine with office 2000 but now with switching to office XP when he copies the picture out of excel and puts it into adobe the picture looks terible all blury and just doesn't look nice. So i thought i'll go get all of the updates for office XP. So I put SP1 on and tried it and it did the same thing. Second I put SP2 on and now he can't open anything ...