Problems with Historical Aged Trial Balance Report

I want to use this report  in Reports>Sales>Trial Balance

After I configured it but there are some customer that appear with the data
in the wrong column (current/0-30 days) according their payment’s form.

Thank in advance,
Jose G.

Jose,

Could you provide more infomation? What data appears in the wrong column,
invoices? credit memos? Also, what payment methods are you referring to? How
are they setup?

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"jose garcia" wrote:

> I want to use this report  in Reports>Sales>Trial Balance
>
> After I configured it but there are some customer that appear with the data
> in the wrong column (current/0-30 days) according their payment’s form.
>

> Thank in advance,
> Jose G.
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/28/2008 7:56:47 PM
Jose,

Did you run the Aging routine prior to running the trial balance?  The
AR does not age automatically as does AP.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
0
fhamelly1 (1404)
7/28/2008 8:03:59 PM
To Frank's point, are you trying to run the Historical Aged Trial Balance or
the Aged Trial Balance with options?

Best regards,
--

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> Jose,
>
> Did you run the Aging routine prior to running the trial balance?  The
> AR does not age automatically as does AP.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/28/2008 8:33:35 PM
HI GUYS:

I need help on this as well.

I just started at this company, GP v9, and come to find last week,,, they
never run the Aging Routine - - - Tools > Routines > Sales > Aging.
They generate the Aged Trial Balance report and that's about it. At other
installations we ran the Aging Routine first, then ran the Aged Trial Balance.

I asked if they are running the Aged T/B or the Historical Aged T/B which
has an aging date and they pointed to the Aged T/B.

I need the straight scoop on this so I can knowledge transfer. Do you always
run the Aging routine first before the Aged or Historical Aged T/B?

Thanks Guys!!
--
Sandy
GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> To Frank's point, are you trying to run the Historical Aged Trial Balance or
> the Aged Trial Balance with options?
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:
>
> > Jose,
> >
> > Did you run the Aging routine prior to running the trial balance?  The
> > AR does not age automatically as does AP.
> >
> > Frank Hamelly
> > MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> > East Coast Dynamics
> > www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
GPGuyinAZ (79)
7/28/2008 9:31:22 PM
I always run the aging routine before running the Aged TB to ensure
the report reflects the correct aging of documents.

Maybe you want to assign running the aging routine to someone 1st
thing every morning.  Those more technically savvy than I am could
probably suggest a way to schedule the aging routine to run overnight.

Hope this helps,

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
0
fhamelly1 (1404)
7/28/2008 10:15:50 PM
The aged trial balance and aged trial balance with options reports look at
open documents. To move these documents into the proper aging bucket while
still open, it is necessary to run the aging process -- in reality this is
just an extra step since there is no Print/Age as Of option in this window
like exists in Payables.

The HATB, will automatically age the documents for you as it is a 'point in
time' report. It will use the Print/Age as of cut off date to print the
report.

Best regards,
--

"GP Guy in AZ" wrote:

> HI GUYS:
>
> I need help on this as well.
>
> I just started at this company, GP v9, and come to find last week,,, they
> never run the Aging Routine - - - Tools > Routines > Sales > Aging.
> They generate the Aged Trial Balance report and that's about it. At other
> installations we ran the Aging Routine first, then ran the Aged Trial Balance.
>
> I asked if they are running the Aged T/B or the Historical Aged T/B which
> has an aging date and they pointed to the Aged T/B.
>
> I need the straight scoop on this so I can knowledge transfer. Do you always
> run the Aging routine first before the Aged or Historical Aged T/B?
>
> Thanks Guys!!
> --
> Sandy
> GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > To Frank's point, are you trying to run the Historical Aged Trial Balance or
> > the Aged Trial Balance with options?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:
> >
> > > Jose,
> > >
> > > Did you run the Aging routine prior to running the trial balance?  The
> > > AR does not age automatically as does AP.
> > >
> > > Frank Hamelly
> > > MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> > > East Coast Dynamics
> > > www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/28/2008 10:16:35 PM
Thanks MG.
--

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> The aged trial balance and aged trial balance with options reports look at
> open documents. To move these documents into the proper aging bucket while
> still open, it is necessary to run the aging process -- in reality this is
> just an extra step since there is no Print/Age as Of option in this window
> like exists in Payables.
>
> The HATB, will automatically age the documents for you as it is a 'point in
> time' report. It will use the Print/Age as of cut off date to print the
> report.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "GP Guy in AZ" wrote:
>
> > HI GUYS:
> >
> > I need help on this as well.
> >
> > I just started at this company, GP v9, and come to find last week,,, they
> > never run the Aging Routine - - - Tools > Routines > Sales > Aging.
> > They generate the Aged Trial Balance report and that's about it. At other
> > installations we ran the Aging Routine first, then ran the Aged Trial Balance.
> >
> > I asked if they are running the Aged T/B or the Historical Aged T/B which
> > has an aging date and they pointed to the Aged T/B.
> >
> > I need the straight scoop on this so I can knowledge transfer. Do you always
> > run the Aging routine first before the Aged or Historical Aged T/B?
> >
> > Thanks Guys!!
> > --
> > Sandy
> > GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst

> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > To Frank's point, are you trying to run the Historical Aged Trial Balance or
> > > the Aged Trial Balance with options?
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

0
GPGuyinAZ (79)
7/28/2008 10:21:07 PM
Thanks Frank.

With all the good from Mario & Frank I can now validate what I told them
last week - run the aging routine first, then generate the reports.

Regards,
--
Sandy
GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> I always run the aging routine before running the Aged TB to ensure
> the report reflects the correct aging of documents.
>
> Maybe you want to assign running the aging routine to someone 1st
> thing every morning.  Those more technically savvy than I am could
> probably suggest a way to schedule the aging routine to run overnight.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
GPGuyinAZ (79)
7/28/2008 10:28:15 PM
My 2 cents:

What is the Aged T/B doing for you that the Historical Aged Trial Balance
(HATB) won't?  Isn't it easier to just run one report that will give you
everything?  On top of that, it doesn't require you to run the aging
routine....create a HATB with the aging date set to Current Date and just
run that as needed.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"GP Guy in AZ" <GPGuyinAZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI GUYS:
>
> I need help on this as well.
>
> I just started at this company, GP v9, and come to find last week,,, they
> never run the Aging Routine - - - Tools > Routines > Sales > Aging.
> They generate the Aged Trial Balance report and that's about it. At other
> installations we ran the Aging Routine first, then ran the Aged Trial
> Balance.
>
> I asked if they are running the Aged T/B or the Historical Aged T/B which
> has an aging date and they pointed to the Aged T/B.
>
> I need the straight scoop on this so I can knowledge transfer. Do you
> always
> run the Aging routine first before the Aged or Historical Aged T/B?
>
> Thanks Guys!!
> --
> Sandy
> GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst

> rights.
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
>> To Frank's point, are you trying to run the Historical Aged Trial Balance
>> or
>> the Aged Trial Balance with options?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> --
>> MG.-
>> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
>> Maximum Global Business, LLC
>> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>>

>> "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:
>>
>> > Jose,
>> >
>> > Did you run the Aging routine prior to running the trial balance?  The
>> > AR does not age automatically as does AP.
>> >
>> > Frank Hamelly
>> > MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
>> > East Coast Dynamics
>> > www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
victoria (3340)
7/29/2008 8:03:45 AM
Just my take is that HATB will never be 100% accurate as it is an emulation
of what the data was not the actually data.   If you print out the ATB for a
month end close and compare it to a HATB a few months down the road you will
find differences.   For audit purposes it is also better as a routine to
print off a ATB at each month end and keep it on file.

The HATB is more of a Reconicle process document as ATB is a receivables
operations document.

I know not everyone will agree but that is my experience.

Jim

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> My 2 cents:
>
> What is the Aged T/B doing for you that the Historical Aged Trial Balance
> (HATB) won't?  Isn't it easier to just run one report that will give you
> everything?  On top of that, it doesn't require you to run the aging
> routine....create a HATB with the aging date set to Current Date and just
> run that as needed.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
>

> "GP Guy in AZ" <GPGuyinAZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HI GUYS:
> >
> > I need help on this as well.
> >
> > I just started at this company, GP v9, and come to find last week,,, they
> > never run the Aging Routine - - - Tools > Routines > Sales > Aging.
> > They generate the Aged Trial Balance report and that's about it. At other
> > installations we ran the Aging Routine first, then ran the Aged Trial
> > Balance.
> >
> > I asked if they are running the Aged T/B or the Historical Aged T/B which
> > has an aging date and they pointed to the Aged T/B.
> >
> > I need the straight scoop on this so I can knowledge transfer. Do you
> > always
> > run the Aging routine first before the Aged or Historical Aged T/B?
> >
> > Thanks Guys!!
> > --
> > Sandy
> > GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst

> > rights.
> >

> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> >> To Frank's point, are you trying to run the Historical Aged Trial Balance
> >> or
> >> the Aged Trial Balance with options?
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> --
> >> MG.-
> >> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> >> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> >> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

0
JimHummer (81)
7/29/2008 3:36:04 PM
Jim,

I am not sure I agree.  If nothing has changed in the data, why would these
reports show different results?

--

"Jim Hummer" <JimHummer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just my take is that HATB will never be 100% accurate as it is an
> emulation
> of what the data was not the actually data.   If you print out the ATB for
> month end close and compare it to a HATB a few months down the road you
> will
> find differences.   For audit purposes it is also better as a routine to
> print off a ATB at each month end and keep it on file.
>
> The HATB is more of a Reconicle process document as ATB is a receivables
> operations document.
>
> I know not everyone will agree but that is my experience.
>
> Jim
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> My 2 cents:
>>
>> What is the Aged T/B doing for you that the Historical Aged Trial Balance
>> (HATB) won't?  Isn't it easier to just run one report that will give you
>> everything?  On top of that, it doesn't require you to run the aging
>> routine....create a HATB with the aging date set to Current Date and just
>> run that as needed.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
>> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
>>

>> "GP Guy in AZ" <GPGuyinAZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > HI GUYS:
>> >
>> > I need help on this as well.
>> >
>> > I just started at this company, GP v9, and come to find last week,,,
>> > they
>> > never run the Aging Routine - - - Tools > Routines > Sales > Aging.
>> > They generate the Aged Trial Balance report and that's about it. At
>> > other
>> > installations we ran the Aging Routine first, then ran the Aged Trial
>> > Balance.
>> >
>> > I asked if they are running the Aged T/B or the Historical Aged T/B
>> > which
>> > has an aging date and they pointed to the Aged T/B.
>> >
>> > I need the straight scoop on this so I can knowledge transfer. Do you
>> > always
>> > run the Aging routine first before the Aged or Historical Aged T/B?
>> >
>> > Thanks Guys!!
>> > --
>> > Sandy
>> > GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst

>> > rights.

0
victoria (3340)
7/29/2008 4:00:20 PM
ALL -

I'm glad we're having this discussion. This is exactly why I put my post out
there because in my expereinces there seems to be differences of opinion
between HATB and the Aging Routine,,, which one ages more accurately than the
other.

Thanks,
--

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Jim,
>
> I am not sure I agree.  If nothing has changed in the data, why would these
> reports show different results?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
>

> "Jim Hummer" <JimHummer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Just my take is that HATB will never be 100% accurate as it is an
> > emulation
> > of what the data was not the actually data.   If you print out the ATB for
> > month end close and compare it to a HATB a few months down the road you
> > will
> > find differences.   For audit purposes it is also better as a routine to
> > print off a ATB at each month end and keep it on file.
> >
> > The HATB is more of a Reconicle process document as ATB is a receivables
> > operations document.
> >
> > I know not everyone will agree but that is my experience.
> >
> > Jim
> >
> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> My 2 cents:
> >>
> >> What is the Aged T/B doing for you that the Historical Aged Trial Balance
> >> (HATB) won't?  Isn't it easier to just run one report that will give you
> >> everything?  On top of that, it doesn't require you to run the aging
> >> routine....create a HATB with the aging date set to Current Date and just
> >> run that as needed.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Victoria Yudin
> >> Dynamics GP MVP
> >> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> >> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> >>

> >> "GP Guy in AZ" <GPGuyinAZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
GPGuyinAZ (79)
7/29/2008 7:14:01 PM
Hi Mariano and all:

    First at all thank you for your collaboration. I 'm trying to generate a
Historical Aged Trial Balance Report in the Sales module (Reports>Sales>Trial
Balance).

    In the Receivables Trial Balance reports, I choose in the drop-down list
of reports the option "Historial Aged Trail Balance" and click in the modify
button to configure the report according to the accounting department.

   In the following window, Receivables Trial Balance reports Options,  I
select the option by "Document Date" in the drop-dow list "Sort Documents"
and uncheck "In Detail" and save the report to print.

   Now my problem starts when the real information for some costumers
doesn't show up in the right columm.

   I checked the report in differents workstations to verify if their report
was a local problem but the problem persisted in all the workstations.

   Do you have any idea to fix this problem I really appreciated.

Regards,
Jose Garcia

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Jose,
>
> Could you provide more infomation? What data appears in the wrong column,
> invoices? credit memos? Also, what payment methods are you referring to? How
> are they setup?
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "jose garcia" wrote:
>
> > I want to use this report  in Reports>Sales>Trial Balance
> >
> > After I configured it but there are some customer that appear with the data
> > in the wrong column (current/0-30 days) according their payment’s form.
> >

> > Thank in advance,
> > Jose G.
The only time HATB and ATB will be different for past months is when:

1) after month-end, transactions continue to be posted to past periods and
the aging process is not re-run.

2) if paid transaction removal is ran before/after (depending on the
company's procedures) statements are processed.

This happens ALL the time, reason why I prefer to use the HATB report over
the ATB to obtain true receivables at previous period end. ATB only works for
open documents -- open meaning in the RM20101, this is, no paid transaction
removal has been ran.

Best regards,
--

"GP Guy in AZ" wrote:

> ALL -
>
> I'm glad we're having this discussion. This is exactly why I put my post out
> there because in my expereinces there seems to be differences of opinion
> between HATB and the Aging Routine,,, which one ages more accurately than the
> other.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Sandy
> GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Jim,
> >
> > I am not sure I agree.  If nothing has changed in the data, why would these
> > reports show different results?
> >
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > Dynamics GP MVP
> > Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> > http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> >

> > "Jim Hummer" <JimHummer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Just my take is that HATB will never be 100% accurate as it is an
> > > emulation
> > > of what the data was not the actually data.   If you print out the ATB for
> > > month end close and compare it to a HATB a few months down the road you
> > > will
> > > find differences.   For audit purposes it is also better as a routine to
> > > print off a ATB at each month end and keep it on file.
> > >
> > > The HATB is more of a Reconicle process document as ATB is a receivables
> > > operations document.
> > >
> > > I know not everyone will agree but that is my experience.
> > >
> > > Jim

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
8/1/2008 2:48:01 AM
Good thread, but I think one key piece is missing based on what I have seen.

Assume that you close periods and don't have any furhter transactions posted
in those periods, the HTAB can still be off because the application of Cash
Receipts against documents.  Granted, the total AR as of that date in
question will be accurate, the actual agining buckets may not be as you may
have Unapplied a Cash Receipt that had previously been applied.

My understanding is that while Dynamics stores everything about the
Receivable transaction in theRM20101 table (the invoices, cash receipts, etc)
it does not store the apply information - that is a separate table and if you
look in it any "unapply" of a payment actually results in that particular
record (of the apply) being deleted from the table.

"jose garcia" wrote:

> Hi Mariano and all:
>
>     First at all thank you for your collaboration. I 'm trying to generate a
> Historical Aged Trial Balance Report in the Sales module (Reports>Sales>Trial
> Balance).
>
>     In the Receivables Trial Balance reports, I choose in the drop-down list
> of reports the option "Historial Aged Trail Balance" and click in the modify
> button to configure the report according to the accounting department.
>
>    In the following window, Receivables Trial Balance reports Options,  I
> select the option by "Document Date" in the drop-dow list "Sort Documents"
> and uncheck "In Detail" and save the report to print.
>
>    Now my problem starts when the real information for some costumers
> doesn't show up in the right columm.
>

>    I checked the report in differents workstations to verify if their report
> was a local problem but the problem persisted in all the workstations.
>

>    Do you have any idea to fix this problem I really appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Jose Garcia
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Jose,
> >
> > Could you provide more infomation? What data appears in the wrong column,
> > invoices? credit memos? Also, what payment methods are you referring to? How
> > are they setup?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "jose garcia" wrote:
> >
> > > I want to use this report  in Reports>Sales>Trial Balance
> > >
> > > After I configured it but there are some customer that appear with the data
> > > in the wrong column (current/0-30 days) according their payment’s form.
> > >

> > > Thank in advance,
> > > Jose G.
0
TomA (18)
8/4/2008 10:00:01 PM
Tom,

Unless I am misunderstanding what you're saying, I have to respectfully
disagree.  If you enter and apply a cash receipt with a doc date, GL date
and apply date of 6/1/08 and run a HATB as of 5/31/08, the report will print
as if the cash receipt never happened.  The HATB looks at all the RM
transaction and apply tables and 'backs out' anything that happened after
your 'as of' date, whether it's a transaction or the apply portion.  This
also applies to voids and NSFs.  It sometimes gets complicated since you can
have different doc dates, GL dates and apply dates (which can also have a
different doc date and GL date), and because you can print the HATB using
the doc dates or the GL dates, but the report logic takes care of all of
this.

--

"Tom A" <TomA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good thread, but I think one key piece is missing based on what I have
> seen.
>
> Assume that you close periods and don't have any furhter transactions
> posted
> in those periods, the HTAB can still be off because the application of
> Cash
> Receipts against documents.  Granted, the total AR as of that date in
> question will be accurate, the actual agining buckets may not be as you
> may
> have Unapplied a Cash Receipt that had previously been applied.
>
> My understanding is that while Dynamics stores everything about the
> Receivable transaction in theRM20101 table (the invoices, cash receipts,
> etc)
> it does not store the apply information - that is a separate table and if
> you
> look in it any "unapply" of a payment actually results in that particular
> record (of the apply) being deleted from the table.
>

> "jose garcia" wrote:
>

>> Hi Mariano and all:
>>
>>     First at all thank you for your collaboration. I 'm trying to
>> generate a
>> Historical Aged Trial Balance Report in the Sales module
>> (Reports>Sales>Trial
>> Balance).
>>
>>     In the Receivables Trial Balance reports, I choose in the drop-down
>> list
>> of reports the option "Historial Aged Trail Balance" and click in the
>> modify
>> button to configure the report according to the accounting department.
>>
>>    In the following window, Receivables Trial Balance reports Options,  I
>> select the option by "Document Date" in the drop-dow list "Sort
>> Documents"
>> and uncheck "In Detail" and save the report to print.
>>
>>    Now my problem starts when the real information for some costumers
>> doesn't show up in the right columm.
>>

>>    I checked the report in differents workstations to verify if their
>> report
>> was a local problem but the problem persisted in all the workstations.
>>

>>    Do you have any idea to fix this problem I really appreciated.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jose Garcia
>>

>> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>>
>> > Jose,
>> >
>> > Could you provide more infomation? What data appears in the wrong
>> > column,
>> > invoices? credit memos? Also, what payment methods are you referring
>> > to? How
>> > are they setup?
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > --
>> > MG.-
>> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
>> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
>> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

0
victoria (3340)
8/5/2008 11:49:12 AM
I think there is a misunderstanding.  I agree that any doc with a 6/1
docdate, GL date and apply date will not show up on a 5/31 HATB.

What I am proffering is the following:

Assume you have a single Invoice for a customer in the amount of $100 dated
Jan 15.

Enter a Cash Receipt for $50 and apply with docdate, GL date and apply date
of 5/31.    That leaves a balance of $50 on the invoice.

On June 30 if you run a HATB as of May 31 and you get exactly what you think
- $50 in the 120 - 180 agining bucket (or whatever bucket you have that
covers that # of days).  All is well.

Then "unapply" the cash receipt, leaving an open invoice for $100 and an
unapplied cash receipt of $50.

Run the HATB report again for the same May 31 date and it will show the full
$100 as being in the 120-180 day bucket and a Current period open balance of
($50) for the unapplied cash receipt (assuming that you have not selected
"Age Unapplied Credits" in Receivables Setup).

I agree that the total balance will always be correct in HTAB.  However, in
this instance the individual Aging Period amounts are not necessarly correct
as of the date in question, but rather reflect how each cash receipt is
currently "applied" .

The apply table is not kept in perpetuity but rather a record is deleted
from the table when you unapply.  Therefore, I know of no way to go back to
the correct aging periods as of a certain date.

the impact is not overwhelming, however it can cause problems in a
collections department as they try to address moving amounts between
statements (that are in a customer's hand) and actual remaining balances as
of the time of a call after mis-applied payments are sent out.

Also, I believe it does present some issue with regard to accurate reporting
to auditors in that you can't show a Agining (by bucket) as of a certain date
without printing a reports and storing that.

I hope I am wrong in what I write above, but have not figured out anything
to the contrary that can provide such a report and is accurate by agining
period.

Sorry for the long winded and rambling reply.

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> >>
> >>     In the Receivables Trial Balance reports, I choose in the drop-down
> >> list
> >> of reports the option "Historial Aged Trail Balance" and click in the
> >> modify
> >> button to configure the report according to the accounting department.
> >>
> >>    In the following window, Receivables Trial Balance reports Options,  I
> >> select the option by "Document Date" in the drop-dow list "Sort
> >> Documents"
> >> and uncheck "In Detail" and save the report to print.
> >>
> >>    Now my problem starts when the real information for some costumers
> >> doesn't show up in the right columm.
> >>

> >>    I checked the report in differents workstations to verify if their
> >> report
> >> was a local problem but the problem persisted in all the workstations.
> >>

> >>    Do you have any idea to fix this problem I really appreciated.

0
TomA (18)
8/5/2008 1:28:01 PM
Tom,

I see what you're saying now.  I think the original discussion I was
answering was whether the ATB is ever better at anything than the HATB, so
that's kind of what I had in mind when I was answering your post.  Now that
you've explained in more detail, I still maintain that the ATB will not do
anything better than the HATB.

However, I do want to address what you're saying.  There is really no way to
programmatically keep track of all the unapply/re-apply details without some
kind of GP customization and a lot of custom reporting.  In all the years I
have been working with GP this has only been an issue for one customer and
that's because they decided (for valid business reasons) to unapply payments
that were more than 3 years old.

In the scenario you're describing, my recommendation would always be to age
the unapplied credits, in fact, that's what I typically recommend when
asked.  What would be the justification not to?  This would al least show
the totals consistently in the right aging buckets, no matter whether things
were unapplied afterwards or not.  Also, if having the information show the
same as what the customer statement had is this critical, then unapplying
past transactions should either be done extremely carefully, or not allowed.
By not allowed I mean move the fully applied sales transactions to history
when the statements are printed, that way no one can unapply anything.  Then
buy the RM Unapply Tool for the times when this is really needed and only
give it to 1 or 2 users who will need a justification before unapplying.

--

> [...]
>> > in those periods, the HTAB can still be off because the application of
>> > Cash
>> > Receipts against documents.  Granted, the total AR as of that date in
>> > question will be accurate, the actual agining buckets may not be as you
>> > may
>> > have Unapplied a Cash Receipt that had previously been applied.
>> >
>> > My understanding is that while Dynamics stores everything about the
>> > Receivable transaction in theRM20101 table (the invoices, cash
>> > receipts,
>> > etc)
>> > it does not store the apply information - that is a separate table and
>> > if
>> > you
>> > look in it any "unapply" of a payment actually results in that
>> > particular
>> > record (of the apply) being deleted from the table.

0
victoria (3340)

Need an Through/End date for the Historical Stock Status Report
Our customer wants to print a report for a prior month that shows the beginning quantity on hand for an item, all transactions for the month and the ending QTY balance. Put another way, the customer says "I want to know what inventory I started the month with, what happenned to it, and what I ended with." This could be accomplished by adding an end date option to the Historical Stock Status Report so we could run the As Of Date for the beginning of a prior month and the end date as the end of the prior month. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micro...

StretchDIBits shrink image problem
hi all, When I use StretchDIBits to shrink image from 352*288 to 176*144, it shows the image with red lines, dots. Is there any way that I can do to show a good image after shrinking? >From myphone, it uses StretchBlts and it shows good picture. But when I use StretchBlts, it doens't show any picture at all. Please advise. regards, peggy On 9 Apr 2007 00:28:18 -0700, "peggy83" <teopeggy@gmail.com> wrote: >Is there any way that I can do to show a good image after shrinking? >>From myphone, it uses StretchBlts and it shows good picture. But when >I use Str...

Outlook 2003 HTML formatting problem
After upgrading clients to Outlook 2003 we've started to experience a strange problem with emails formatted in HTML. The scenario goes like this. 1. A local user creates an HTML formatted email and sends it to an external recipient. 2. The external recipient replies to the original message. 3. Originator replies to the reply 4. The external recipient receives the HTML formatted email with portions of the text grossly enlarged. 5. Upon review, it would appear that the external HTML client dropped a (.) changing the font size from 10.0 to 100 causing the enlarged text. Editing the HT...

Formating in a Report, the highest 3 records
How do i can format the hightes 3 records on an Access Report? Unfortunately the Access doesn't have the Excel have the function "Large"... Can you help me? Look in Access Help for "TOP". HTH -- -Larry- -- "Luis Marques" <Luis Marques@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F467B234-EA95-4F79-91B0-EDC12E61FD00@microsoft.com... > How do i can format the hightes 3 records on an Access Report? > > Unfortunately the Access doesn't have the Excel have the function "Large"... > > Can you help me? Try writing your ...

Lebans Report to PDF for Multiple Reports
Hi: I'm using Mr. Leban's Report to PDF utility with great results, however, I need help taking it one step farther... I have several different reports open at once. Each contains different info, but they are all needed to satisfy a reporting requirement. Workflow had been to print each report to an individual PDF file, then get an admin person with a full version of Acrobat to combine the individual file into one file for document retention. I'd like to be able to cut out the admin person step and use the Leban's utility to print all open reports to a single file. Any su...

SQL Reporting Services and GP Users
I need to create a subscription-based report using SQL reporting services that will notify a select group via e-mail whenever one of our GP users doesn't logout by a given time each day. With that in mind, does anyone know exactly which tables I need to set as my data sources? The obvious answer would be the ACTIVITY table in DYNAMICS but logins can get stranded there if an abnormal client machine shutdown occurs. You might try sysprocesses in master. Ta, M. "cgbama91" <cgbama91@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B65BD9F5-6126-4B91-924D-A0F4FC97C70F...

Balances in Investment Account Don't Match Reality
Folks, How to change the account details in an investment account (IRA) where the some of the quantities of shares don't match the account? I don't see easy way to "correct", vs. Add Shares, Transfer, etc. I don't want to delete the account (to avoid having history disappear), Well, the first thing to do is probably to figure out where the difference came from. Is downloaded data involved? Also, what's wrong with Add/Remove Shares? "Rob Schneider" <rmschne@removetheones_b1e1e1b.net.net> wrote in message news:uBGVjgu$FHA.2996@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx...

Crosstab Report 02-25-10
Thank you for taking the time to look into this problem. Using Access2007, How can I create a report that looks like this?: ‘ ColumnHead (AuditorID) ‘ Satisfactory Unsatisfactory RowHead1(FloorProgName) RowHead2(FloorProgCriteriaShortDetails) 0 1 RowHead2(FloorProgCriteriaShortDetails) 1 0 RowHead2(FloorProgCriteriaShortDetails) 2 0 RowHead2(FloorProgCriteriaShortDetails) ...

How stop duplicate fields when creating a Report in Access?
no metter what method I use to create the report - it throws double fields into the report. You manually delete one of each and proceed and it continues to add double fields. We did not have this issue in 2003 version. WHat is the problem and how do we fix it? Are you talking about the record source (a query) for the report listing fields twice? If so, check the underlying query and see if it has an asterisk (return all fields) in SELECT clause of the query. It is a property of queries in design view (Output all fields). Set this to No to eliminate the fields showing ...

Exchange 2003 Load balance and cluster
We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? Oh yah. I guess my question is that if it is possible to run the laod balance and the cluster on the same two servers "Ashu" wrote: > We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for > exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? No,does not support NLB and cluster on same machine! You should rub cluster with your exchange 2003! -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Ashu" &l...

Mouse select problem
I keep running into this problem from time to time. My mouse will act as if the shift key is pressed and selects everything between the current cursor position and the click. This manifests in VBA, in fields on the Property window and in query designer. If I restart Access the problem goes away. Sticky keys are off. Access 2003, XP Pro If I remember correctly this also happened in previous versions of Access This happens when you keep the shift key pressed for too long at a time. There is a solution to undo it that I forgot. You could search for it. My solution -- get out of the ...

problem with fonts using Word as editor #3
All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check mark and go into default, but new msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What is one to do? Leo Leo Kerner <l.kerner@sympatico.ca> wrote ... > All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check > mark and go into default, but new msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What > is one to do? Since you keep asking, I'll reply with my first reaction to all word-as-email-editor problems: don't use Word as your email editor. It's a simple and 100% effective solution to this and a whole host of ot...

XMLSerializer problem, class inside class
Hi, I'm having a problem with XMLSerializer, I have classes like the following: [Serializable] public abstract class EulerObject { private Rectangle rect; private string guid = ""; public virtual Rectangle Rect { get { return rect; } set{ rect = value; } } public string GUID { get { return guid; } set { guid = value; } } public abstract void Draw(Graphics g); public abstract EulerObject MakeCopy(bool sameGuid); } [Serializable]...

Installation Problem for Outlook Sales for CRM 1.2
I installed the Outlook Sales for CRM 1.2, however I cannot see the details of accounts, orders and etc. When I debug, I found the problem is that there is only one file(dmUpdate.xml) in folder of "\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client\res\Web\_xslfiles". All the files such as 1_Update.xsl and so on were not copied. When I copied them from CRM Server, everything works fine. Is it a bug in the Outlook sales installation package ? Thanks Drew ...

exception report saves money
my old software had a really important report that rms does not. it created a recieving report that showed items for which the current recieving cost is different from the previous recieving cost. then i could highlight that item for an 18 month history. this report showed,recieving date, po#, ilc,description,qty recieved,cost, previous cost,cost differance +/-, retail price, margin, previous margin, margin differance +/- i could query by date range,po number,or supplier this is a very important tool as it identifies items that may have bad discounts,input error etc that will cost you ...

Having some problems saving excel files
I had a Excel file that was worked on using a Office XP machine, and know it is back on my Mac. Know everytime I save I keep on getting this message everytime using Office 98 for Mac. "This file was created using a later version of Microsoft Excel. If you save this file using Microsoft excel 98, information created with features in the later version may be lost." I have tried the following. 1) Saving as a new file and renaming it 2) Saving as Excel 5.x, and then back to Excel 98 3) deleting the Cell comments that I created in Excel XP, and redoing them in Excel 98 Thank...

Installing Project Trial On Top Of Office Enterprise
I've previously purchased and installed MS Office Enterprise 2007 on my computer with its own 25 character product key. I'm attempting to download and install a trial version of MS Project Standard 2007 and was given a different 25 char key for that. The trial literature refers to the trial as "MS Office" and I'm concerned about overlaying my current Office installation or having it compromised as a result of installing this Project trial. Any comments about how MS manages this? -- Thank you, Bill S Bill S wrote: >I've previously purchased...

Problem with Executable File generated using Debug Build
Hi All, I am facing a really wierd problem. I am working on a project in which I have implemeted a GUI for controlling laser microscopes. Everything was going fine till I added support for Filter Wheels. The program compiles perfectly fine. Runs perfectly fine if I run it using Microsoft Visual Studios. But When I try to run the program by double clicking on its icon in the debug folder, the program shows that main frame and then hangs. The problem was not there before I added the code for filter wheels. I am placed all the DLL files in the debug folder. Could any body help me out. Regard...

software update problem in $2007 H&B
I've installed Money 2007 H&B and my location is China.Then every time I launched the program,it says something like "To operate correctly,click 'ok' to let Money download the software update." But if I click 'OK',after it download autoupdate.dll(.cab) and autoupdate.xml,it alarms "A software update is already in progress.Please try again when the update is complete." How can I solve the problem ? By the way , can i download the software update manually? I'm having the same problem, and i cannot find the update on microsoft's website...

Formatting a date in client report
How do I format a date field in a client side Microsoft report (rdlc)? I'm using VS2008, 9.0.30729.1 sp Windows forms project. Unformatted, the dates in my report are displayed like this: 11/19/09 00:00:00 I want to display just the date, not the zeroes. If I enter an expression in the value property for the report textbox like this: =Format(Fields!StartDate.Value, "D") (as shown in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms251668.aspx) the report will display "D" instead of the formatted date. The same thing happens with other format string...

How to make the report previewed in the right paper size ?
Dear all, I have a report which should be previewed in Letter format. I have installed this application in several computers. When I opened the report in a computer with A4 as default paper size, the report will be previewed using A4 size. I want the report always be previewed in Letter format ignoring the default paper size of the computers. How to make like that ? Thanks. Chlaris With your report open in design view, select file - page setup. Make the changes to select letter type and any other printer settings you wish. When you then save your report, these setti...

Sales Report?
I'd like to be able to report revenue by sales stage - for a services-based business so that I can better estimate/forecast revenue. I can't seem to find a report that can provide this information - specific data such as Opportunity, estimated revenue (or if its sold, contracted revenue), invoiced revenue - for those contracted opportunites, etc Does this exist or do i need to create it? ...

Unusual Printing problem
We have an MFC application that prints two different ways. One is the traditional document/view architecture provided by CView. The other way is using CPrintDialog, then a CDC that attaches to the chosen printer. Our application is being used on well over a thousand computers with no printing problems, but now we've encountered a bizarre situation. One user has a heavily permissioned Windows network with each user having as little privileges as possible, and our software is run through a Citrix server. When they try to print using either of the above methods, they get the printer selectio...

USB Mouse Problems
The USB IBM laser Mouse on my XP machine is locked up when the computer is turned on. If I unplug it from the USB port and plug it back in, it works. This just started a couple of days ago and I can't figure out how to fix it. I've tried reloading drivers but that doesn't work. I used a different USB port and that didn't help. I checked for malware and the computer seems to be clean. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks. PS: I've also tried another USB mouse and get the same results. "Mike950" <Mike950@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Create a report on a form to reflect manufacture price
Hello I have a form and sub-form that calulates by query the wholesale value of an order. On the form is a command button to run the wholesale report. I wish to run the same report however change prices contained in the same query (manufacture prices) on the report without altering the orginal form and sub-form. Thanks Hello Peter, In your query you must have the following fields: ManufacturePrice WholesaleDiscount WholesalePrice You apparently calculate the WholesalePrice. In the recordsource of the report you must then have a field, ItemPrice, that gets its value, Wh...