Problems and Problems. Eperts please help

We are running GPS version 9.5 . I think its not supported by support any
more so
I amnot sure anyone can help me with this. We were running this of a Novell
File
server. It had Novell 5.0, GPS directory and Pervasive sql 2000i our server
crashed.

I build a new server and installed novell/ Perasvive sql 2000 and all the
clients on the clients machine. Copied the GPS directory and made sure the
clients path were pointing correctly to the GPS path.

Now every client gets an error. Run betrieve first
Nothing has changed the configration is the same and I have installed the
betrieve client what do I do.  One of them gets trouble reading screen image.

Please advice or call me on 360-909-9945 . Help needed !
0
Jazzman (35)

Jazzman, I still have the books from when we were on GPS 9.5.  From the manual:

"Betrieve is a record manager.  It is used to control the writing and
reading of accounting information to and from the hard disk.  Btrieve must be
in the memory of the computer whenever the Great Plains accounting system is
being used and the file GPS.BAT has to be located in the same subdirectory.
When the accounting system is started by typing GPS, Btrieve is loaded
automatically into memory."

I hope this helps.

Elisabeth

"Jazzman" wrote:

> We are running GPS version 9.5 . I think its not supported by support any
> more so
> I amnot sure anyone can help me with this. We were running this of a Novell
> File
> server. It had Novell 5.0, GPS directory and Pervasive sql 2000i our server
> crashed.
>
> I build a new server and installed novell/ Perasvive sql 2000 and all the
> clients on the clients machine. Copied the GPS directory and made sure the
> clients path were pointing correctly to the GPS path.
>
> Now every client gets an error. Run betrieve first
> Nothing has changed the configration is the same and I have installed the
> betrieve client what do I do.  One of them gets trouble reading screen image.
>
> Please advice or call me on 360-909-9945 . Help needed !
0
Elisabeth (60)
11/23/2004 6:05:04 PM
Elisabeth,

I don't know whats wrong. It works from dos prompt.
Like if I go to the path of the directory and execute the batch file
from there. I have treid recreating the shortcut and still have the same
problem.

Please advice.

"Elisabeth" wrote:

> Jazzman, I still have the books from when we were on GPS 9.5.  From the manual:
>
> "Betrieve is a record manager.  It is used to control the writing and
> reading of accounting information to and from the hard disk.  Btrieve must be
> in the memory of the computer whenever the Great Plains accounting system is
> being used and the file GPS.BAT has to be located in the same subdirectory.
> When the accounting system is started by typing GPS, Btrieve is loaded
> automatically into memory."
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Elisabeth
>
> "Jazzman" wrote:
>
> > We are running GPS version 9.5 . I think its not supported by support any
> > more so
> > I amnot sure anyone can help me with this. We were running this of a Novell
> > File
> > server. It had Novell 5.0, GPS directory and Pervasive sql 2000i our server
> > crashed.
> >
> > I build a new server and installed novell/ Perasvive sql 2000 and all the
> > clients on the clients machine. Copied the GPS directory and made sure the
> > clients path were pointing correctly to the GPS path.
> >
> > Now every client gets an error. Run betrieve first
> > Nothing has changed the configration is the same and I have installed the
> > betrieve client what do I do.  One of them gets trouble reading screen image.
> >
> > Please advice or call me on 360-909-9945 . Help needed !
0
Jazzman (35)
11/23/2004 7:21:03 PM
Jazzman,

You might be able to download a whitepaper from here:
ftp://ftp.greatplains.com/GPATECH/White%20Papers/WordDocs/PSQLGpad_nlm2000.doc

This document is titled "Using Great Plains Accounting for DOS with Novell
NetWare Servers and Pervasive.SQL 2000". I believe it has everything you'll
need. If you don't have access to this, please let me know.

"Jazzman" wrote:

> Elisabeth,
>
> I don't know whats wrong. It works from dos prompt.
> Like if I go to the path of the directory and execute the batch file
> from there. I have treid recreating the shortcut and still have the same
> problem.
>
> Please advice.
>
> "Elisabeth" wrote:
>
> > Jazzman, I still have the books from when we were on GPS 9.5.  From the manual:
> >
> > "Betrieve is a record manager.  It is used to control the writing and
> > reading of accounting information to and from the hard disk.  Btrieve must be
> > in the memory of the computer whenever the Great Plains accounting system is
> > being used and the file GPS.BAT has to be located in the same subdirectory.
> > When the accounting system is started by typing GPS, Btrieve is loaded
> > automatically into memory."
> >
> > I hope this helps.
> >
> > Elisabeth
> >
> > "Jazzman" wrote:
> >
> > > We are running GPS version 9.5 . I think its not supported by support any
> > > more so
> > > I amnot sure anyone can help me with this. We were running this of a Novell
> > > File
> > > server. It had Novell 5.0, GPS directory and Pervasive sql 2000i our server
> > > crashed.
> > >
> > > I build a new server and installed novell/ Perasvive sql 2000 and all the
> > > clients on the clients machine. Copied the GPS directory and made sure the
> > > clients path were pointing correctly to the GPS path.
> > >
> > > Now every client gets an error. Run betrieve first
> > > Nothing has changed the configration is the same and I have installed the
> > > betrieve client what do I do.  One of them gets trouble reading screen image.
> > >
> > > Please advice or call me on 360-909-9945 . Help needed !
0
jbergh (5)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

Problems migrating users from E2K to E2K03
Having problems when I try to move a mailbox over to Exchange 2003 server from a Exchange 2000 SP3 everything seems to go fine other than the fact that now when sending e-mail I receive "The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address." I have no problems when I create a mailbox for a user on the E2k03 box, but when it comes up to moving a maibox it does not seem to go as smooth. Stumped Al Hi Al, It sounds like some of the attributes for the user...

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Excel and some disappeared sheets

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

request to solve my problem #5

Help With Margin Formula

GETPIVOTDATA data_field help

Help!!!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 sp6a. Norton Anti- virus deleted my edb.log file. I have done an on-line restore with Arcserve 2000 and now my directory service won't start. getting 1166 internal processing error. I have been to support and could find anything that helped. Thanks in advance You may want to run eseutil /mh <drive and path to your dir.edb and include the dir.edb > c:\edb.dmp. Find this file and see if your dir is also inconsistent. If so you will need to restore your dir. -- Nan Bennett (MSFT) Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Bank One Download is not working

help #2

Printing problem in booklet format

problem opening up program/file

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...

Credit Card Downloading HELP!
I had 2005 and this worked ok but not on 2006. I download my 20 credit card transactions in QIF format. Money says it has 20 to review so I click that and they simply do not appear in the register! The the heck?!? I've tried quite a few things already to no avail. Deleted history and temp, deleted the statement and previous transactions/statements, repaired my money file a few times, tried to import in a different file but it just doesn't show up. Suggestions please...tia In microsoft.public.money, lucas.allen@gmail.com wrote: >I had 2005 and this worked ok but not on 2006....