Problem viewing customer transactions in SBF

User is receiving this error when he attempts to access customer quotes,
orders, invoices, or returns in Small Business Financials:

"You previous transaction-level posting session has not finished processing.
 Please allow time for it to finish.  If you believe it has failed, log out
of Small Business Financials and log back in to recover transactions."

Any idea how to fix this?
0
Cheek (1)

When a user starts in SOP, it creates a batch using the user name as the
batch name.  Sometimes when the system crashes, that batch is not deleted.
Then, it cannot be created again as the user is trying to re-enter the
application.

You will have to open/browse the tables SY00500 and SY00800 and look for
bach names matching the logon id of the user that is stuck as well as any
batches with a blank name.  Delete all of these records.

Richard L. Whaley
Author/Consultant

btw....you will find a considerable amount of information on these tables in
my book Infomation Flow and Posting available from
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Wade Cheek" wrote:

> User is receiving this error when he attempts to access customer quotes,
> orders, invoices, or returns in Small Business Financials:
>
> "You previous transaction-level posting session has not finished processing.
>  Please allow time for it to finish.  If you believe it has failed, log out
> of Small Business Financials and log back in to recover transactions."
>
> Any idea how to fix this?
Hmmm... we have no SY00500, and SY00800 is empty.  Could there be something
else?  I saw a while back several people posted with the same problem; wonder
if they got the problem fixed.

"Richard L. Whaley" wrote:

> When a user starts in SOP, it creates a batch using the user name as the
> batch name.  Sometimes when the system crashes, that batch is not deleted.
> Then, it cannot be created again as the user is trying to re-enter the
> application.
>
> You will have to open/browse the tables SY00500 and SY00800 and look for
> bach names matching the logon id of the user that is stuck as well as any
> batches with a blank name.  Delete all of these records.
>
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author/Consultant
>
> btw....you will find a considerable amount of information on these tables in
> my book Infomation Flow and Posting available from
> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Wade Cheek" wrote:
>
> > User is receiving this error when he attempts to access customer quotes,
> > orders, invoices, or returns in Small Business Financials:
> >
> > "You previous transaction-level posting session has not finished processing.
> >  Please allow time for it to finish.  If you believe it has failed, log out
> > of Small Business Financials and log back in to recover transactions."
> >
> > Any idea how to fix this?
0
WadeCheek (1)
5/10/2006 12:16:02 PM
I'm also getting the same error. Unable to access the sales transaction
screen. Have you got it resolved? Please post the solution.

Thanks.

"Wade Cheek" wrote:

> Hmmm... we have no SY00500, and SY00800 is empty.  Could there be something
> else?  I saw a while back several people posted with the same problem; wonder
> if they got the problem fixed.
>
> "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
>
> > When a user starts in SOP, it creates a batch using the user name as the
> > batch name.  Sometimes when the system crashes, that batch is not deleted.
> > Then, it cannot be created again as the user is trying to re-enter the
> > application.
> >
> > You will have to open/browse the tables SY00500 and SY00800 and look for
> > bach names matching the logon id of the user that is stuck as well as any
> > batches with a blank name.  Delete all of these records.
> >
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author/Consultant
> >
> > btw....you will find a considerable amount of information on these tables in
> > my book Infomation Flow and Posting available from
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "Wade Cheek" wrote:
> >
> > > User is receiving this error when he attempts to access customer quotes,
> > > orders, invoices, or returns in Small Business Financials:
> > >
> > > "You previous transaction-level posting session has not finished processing.
> > >  Please allow time for it to finish.  If you believe it has failed, log out
> > > of Small Business Financials and log back in to recover transactions."
> > >
> > > Any idea how to fix this?
0
ACEShankar (98)
7/12/2006 9:30:02 AM
SY00500 is in your company database and SY00800 is in your DYNAMICS
database.

Ta,
M. E. Houston

"Wade Cheek" <WadeCheek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hmmm... we have no SY00500, and SY00800 is empty.  Could there be
> something
> else?  I saw a while back several people posted with the same problem;
> wonder
> if they got the problem fixed.
>
> "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
>
>> When a user starts in SOP, it creates a batch using the user name as the
>> batch name.  Sometimes when the system crashes, that batch is not
>> deleted.
>> Then, it cannot be created again as the user is trying to re-enter the
>> application.
>>
>> You will have to open/browse the tables SY00500 and SY00800 and look for
>> bach names matching the logon id of the user that is stuck as well as any
>> batches with a blank name.  Delete all of these records.
>>
>> Richard L. Whaley
>> Author/Consultant
>>
>> btw....you will find a considerable amount of information on these tables
>> in
>> my book Infomation Flow and Posting available from
>> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>>

>> "Wade Cheek" wrote:
>>
>> > User is receiving this error when he attempts to access customer
>> > quotes,
>> > orders, invoices, or returns in Small Business Financials:
>> >
>> > "You previous transaction-level posting session has not finished
>> > processing.
>> >  Please allow time for it to finish.  If you believe it has failed, log
>> > out
>> > of Small Business Financials and log back in to recover transactions."
>> >
>> > Any idea how to fix this?

I cleared the SY00500 table and tried it. For every time I post an invoice,
it gets posted correctly but when I close the sales transaction screen and
open it again or when I re-enter GP, the same error occurs again.

And if I delete the row from SY00500, it works correctly but gets locked
each time I post an invoice.

This is happening only for 2 user id's, for the id's to which the error
occurred earlier.

And one the GP login id is "SA". Can any one of you give your suggestions to
correct this?

Thanks in advance.

"M. E. Houston" wrote:

> SY00500 is in your company database and SY00800 is in your DYNAMICS
> database.
>
> Ta,
> M. E. Houston
>
> "Wade Cheek" <WadeCheek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hmmm... we have no SY00500, and SY00800 is empty.  Could there be
> > something
> > else?  I saw a while back several people posted with the same problem;
> > wonder
> > if they got the problem fixed.
> >
> > "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
> >
> >> When a user starts in SOP, it creates a batch using the user name as the
> >> batch name.  Sometimes when the system crashes, that batch is not
> >> deleted.
> >> Then, it cannot be created again as the user is trying to re-enter the
> >> application.
> >>
> >> You will have to open/browse the tables SY00500 and SY00800 and look for
> >> bach names matching the logon id of the user that is stuck as well as any
> >> batches with a blank name.  Delete all of these records.
> >>
> >> Richard L. Whaley
> >> Author/Consultant
> >>
> >> btw....you will find a considerable amount of information on these tables
> >> in
> >> my book Infomation Flow and Posting available from
> >> http://www.AccoladePublications.com

0
ACEShankar (98)

Unable to open customizations dictionary
Keep getting "Unable to open customizations dictionary." when importing package file in GP9. Already try the article ID 919440, didn't solve it...any idea? What is in the package file? Modified Forms, Reports or VBA or all? If it's forms and/or Reports, have you tried copying the .dics to a local workstation, modifying the .set file, point to the local copy and then try the import at the local wkstn? Once the import is successful you can copy the files back to the shared location. "TKT" wrote: > Keep getting "Unable to open customizations dictiona...

Dialog Focus problem
Hello everyone, I am implementing a Popup window (like Outlook's new message or messenger's someone-signed-in window) based on a CDialog derived window. In order not to interfere with the user's experience, I don't want my dialog window to capture the focus when it shows, so I return FALSE in OnInitDialog. This is working well, until I click a button on the popup window that, in turn, closes the window. The next time the popup window appears after this, it is capturing the focus. I already tried to send a window message to another window when the user clicks the button, an...

Big problem with OAL
Hi After I have installed SP1 on my Exchange server 2003 I get an error when it trays to generate the Offline address list I get at event error 9333 and 9335 I have tried to rebuild of the offline address books, and the problem persisted Can any one help me how to solve my problem? -Anders The 9333 OALGen encountered error 80004005 while opening the base offline address list public folder. Please make sure that a public folder replica exists. - /o=XXX/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List And The 9335 OALGen encountered error 8004010f while cleaning the offline addre...

Custom Reports
Anybody know of a good source for Customized Reports for Great Plains 7.5? I'd like to find a couple good ones pertaining to the payroll. ...

Money 2002 problems
Last week, I was editing an entry, and the program crashed. Since that time, I can not open the program. I have tried everyway I can think of, but nothing happens. My operating system is Windows 98. I could reload the progam, but if I do, will I lose my current data. If that is the case, I do have a relatively current backup. Thanks for you help. Dennis H What error do you see? Reinstalling shouldn't affect your data, but I would take a backup copy of your MNY file for safety anyway. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sci...

Customize the Home Page
Is it possible to add a column to the home page which shows Activities Due. I would like to see the contact name or Account Name. Also can you modify the History Windows when you are in an opportunity, I want to easily see when the activity was closed. ...

How can I access a public calendar from a custom form
I am trying to create a custom form that would allow a employee to request a vactation time frame. This form would then be mailed to a supervisor who could approve or disapprove the request. I am having difficulty getting the response posted to a public calendar vs. the managers private calendar. Help! -Jeff ...

Weird scrolling problem with folders
I am having a really weird problem with my storage folders and scrolling to the bottom folder in the list. At the bottom of my email account list ( I have 15 email accounts, mostly imap), I have Outbox and underneath it Storage folders. I have a dozen or so folders in storage folders. When I expand storage folders and try to scroll down to the last item and click on it, the list will jump up , it will frequently jump back up a couple of items, and I can't see the bottom of the list. Does anyone have a bunch of folders in Storage folders, and does this happen to you? YOu have ...

customization of reports in crm Options
While I add some customization to sale pipeline report for example when I add a new combobox named "Owner" into sale pipeline report I also have to do some customization to sale pipeline Sub-Report My question is if these customization is supported by microsoft? Hi, If you just want to modify the exsiting MS CRM SRS Reports than it is perfectly supported customization. There is no such restriction from Microsoft. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "va...

Problems with calendar in 2003
Until a few days ago, when I chose the Calendar button at the bottom of my navigation pane, my calendar used to appear. Now I only get a list of all the appointments etc I have put in my calendar with headings such as Subject, Location, Start, End, Recurrence Pattern. what have I done wrong and how do I get my calendar to again appear when I click on the Calendar button? TIA Liz J <thejordanschangethistoanatsignclara.net> wrote: > Until a few days ago, when I chose the Calendar button at the bottom > of my navigation pane, my calendar used to appear. Now I only get a &g...

Problem With Front End Server Exchange 2003
i m running exchange 2003 Stan on server 2003. i got Error message on my screen There is no RPC-HTTP Front-end in your exchange Organization. There Must be at Lease on RPC-HTTP Front-end Server in the organization before the RPC-HTTp back and serve. so how can i configuration RPCHTTP Front End www.microsoft.com/exchange On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:11:04 -0800, dua <dua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i m running exchange 2003 Stan on server 2003. >i got Error message on my screen >There is no RPC-HTTP Front-end in your exchange Organization. There Must be >at Lease on R...

'problem starting the Office Assistant'
Hello, I know this is slightly off-topic but... I'm using Excel from Office 2000 and am getting an error on startup which I'd really like to get rid of: - There was a problem starting the Office Assistant. Would you like to try installing it? I did try to re-install it but it didn't help. Any tips on how to get rid of this would be welcome! Thanks! >From Excel, along the menu at top, click Help and de-select "Show the Office Assistant". I'm biting my tongue, trying to resist the urge to editorialize about THAT particular piece of code. On 21 Nov 2005 18:...

hide hidden text from viewing
This is very confusing! Where is the option to turn off the viewing of hidden text in the document? I selected a number of hidden text and now I cannot turn it off so that others do not see it. I would recommend that your new version of Word includes something useful and easy to find in this regard! Thanks. There are (at least) two ways to unHide the Hidden Text: (1) with the Show Non-Printing Characters command (Ctrl-Shift-8, or the paragraph- symbol button on your toolbar or ribbon) and (2) a check-box in the View Options. If (2) is on, (1) won't override it. On ...

Problems saving excel file from outlook
I have an EU that whenever he saves an excel file from outlook, it will rename the file (by adding the number "2" at the end of the file "file2.xls") and it also changes all the embedding links in the document. (The embedding link of F:\users\file.xls changes to c:\documents and settings\file.xls) Are you setting a Hyperlink base for your links? See Menu > File > Property > Summary tab. Put the original folder location there and when you move or save the file the links will not be renamed. Also assigning a letter to the drive can cause problems (not ...

Problem after e-mail server re-start
Hi, I have the prblem for OWA users to access the Exchange server every times re-started the server, and Outlook users using IMAP connection also experience delays or hangs. The following is found in the event log Source: W3SVC Event ID: 101 The server was unable to add the virtual root '/Exchange' for the directory 'M:\speedsourcing.com\MBX' due to the following error: The system cannot find the path specified. The data is the error code. From the Internet Services Manager, paths for Exchange, ExchWeb & Exadmin are all unavailable. The first two can be manually r...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Area graph problem.
Hello, I have two columns of data, one for Chainage, and one for Elevation. Basically, it's the data of a track; the chainage is the total distance of a particular track point from the starting, and the elevation is the elevation of that particular track point. Anyhow, when I plot an Area graph with the elevation being the Y-axis, and the Chainage being the X-axis, the Chainage doesn't seem to maintain a constant interval. For example, the total chainage is from 0 to 115 km, and total elevation difference is from 2000m to 4000m. In the Y-axis, the elevation has an interval of 25 m...

i have problem with password to email server
i just got on the sight. How do i go about finding out the password to outlook express to the email server. I have to set up a internal email system. and everytime i get to log on outlook express it pops up with a window to enter a user and password. but i dont know it. How do i get my password back. can i get in touch with isp and get it. ...

Large Transaction Logs
I have several CRM SQL transaction logs that are very large (CRM db, Integration db, BizTalk db, etc.). Is there a way to reduce the size of these logs (.ldf files)? -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com Hi Brandon, you can reduce the size of the log files by setting the recovery model of the database to simple and shrink the logfile afterwards. However, I guess thats not the way Microsoft recommends. The prefered approach is to create a backup of the database and the logfile. That action should reduce the s...

subform problems 06-12-07
Does anyone know how to make a button on the mainform delete the records showing on its subform which is in datasheet view? Thanks for the help! -- Michael Create a query based on the table or query that is the rowsource of the subform. The query should include the Linkchild field of the subform. Set the criteria of that field to: Forms!NameOfMainForm!NameOfLinkMasterfieldOfSubform Change the query to a delete query. Create a button on the main form and in the On Click event open the query. PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications res...

Custom Report in Project 2007
I would like to create a custom resource report for a specific timeframe. How do I do that with user input? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Generic Feed Parsers Redux http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/42a9b6e2-809e-4ca7-b3f6-acd41f462063/generic-feed-parsers-redu.aspx Are you looking for predicted work in a graph, list of assignments, or what? What kind of user input are you expecting? - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I would like to create a custom resource report for a specific > timefram...

Send to Remote user problem
Using Exchange 5.5 on a Win 2k server All users in the office work fine. New employee works exclusively on the road, never coming to the office. I set up the account so that the office people could email through Outlook ( obviously wrong ) to the employee's internet email account. Exchange converts the email address to the local email mail box name and nothing is sent. I know this is my error, but I need help fixing it. The SMTP addresses are User@MyDomain.com the in office mailbox and User1@msn.com the internet address I want everything sent...

Accelerator key problem on custom button
Hi! I added custom menu button with unique accelerator key on it (Map&e). But, accelerator key do not work on it. Is it possible to enable it? Office 2003 (11.8010.6568) If it doesn't work, the most likely explanation is that there is another = visible command with the same accelerator.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Tom...

Strange Print Problem
My forms have a print button which prints a report displaying the same information shown on the form. So far, so good. I found that a few users were using Ctrl P to print and therefore printing the form instead of the report. I have fixed this problem by calling the print button code when the user presses Ctrl P. This works great except for one form where it ignores the keydown code, UNLESS I press the print button first. If the print button has been pressed previously then Ctrl P works just the way I want it to. But if you press Ctrl P before the print button is pressed the standard p...

toolbars and customs view
I have created a simple program in Excel. I want to give this program to some firends. However, I don't want them to be able to open the macro files How do I do that Then when they open the program, I want the view to remove all columns, rows, formula bar and even the toolbar and display on the top of the window my customized toolbar How do I do all these. Thanks for your help. Roy, The macros are stored in the workbook file. If you want them to run, but not be visible, the macros can be secured (to the extent that Excel can secure anything, and it isn't much) with Tools - VBA Pr...