Problem Changing from Average Costing to FIFO Perpetual (Version 9

Our company changed our inventory valuation method from FIFO Perpetual to
Average Costing.  After two months we reverted back to FIFO Perpetual.

We now have a problem when we create a new SOP document.  The cost that the
system is retrieving on the document is the CURRCOST from IV00101, not the
STNDCOST as we would expect.  We have run the Change valuation method utility
and have checked links and reconciled, but this behaviour continues.  If we
create a new item that have not gone through this FIFO to AVG to FIFO chance
cycle it picks up the STNDCOST correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

For a FIFO perpetual I believe it's behaving as designed. The standard
cost is only used for periodic items.  The cost displayed on the
invoice doesn't mean anything anyway, the cost isn't really set until
the invoice is posted - then it goes and looks at the FIFO layer to
see how much should be charged to COGS.
0
leslievail1 (120)

Problems installingOutlook 2002 on new computer
I just got a new computer at work and I'm trying to install Outlook 2002 so I can "Active Sync" my Ipaq 3800 w/ this new computer. Outlook 2002 seemed to installed just fine but when I try to open it, it tells me I need to create a user profile. I have done this about 10 times now and the system doesn't recognize any profiles. It also give a 2nd error message that says that "the server is not available". I am not trying to hook up to a server so I'm wondering if there is a setting somewhere that is incorrect and Outlook is looking for a server. Can a...

Changing start date
Scenario: In OL 2003, I have an event that's two weeks long, starting June 1 and ending June 14. I want to change the start date to May 27 but leave the end date alone. If I change the start date, OL automatically changes the end date to preserve the two-week duration. Is there a way to change the start date without affecting the end date? Richard Evans <infodex@mindspring.com> wrote: > In OL 2003, I have an event that's two weeks long, starting June 1 and > ending June 14. I want to change the start date to May 27 but leave > the end date alone. If I change the s...

Open relay problem Exchange 2003
We encountered some big problems when first turning up a new SBS2003 Server. We still have a remaining issue that I can't seem to get an answer to. I recently installed SBS 2003 on a new server and Exchnge installed as an open relay by default. Within hours of being online thousands upon thousands of SPAM email was relaying (or trying to relay) through the server. In addition, one of the initial Windows update may have corrupted the registry hive. Ended up reloading this new machine twice with in a very short time and both times Exchange installed as an open relay. Once the fiasco...

GP 9.0 and Fabrikam
I want to provide access to this test company. I see the company in the list when I start up GP Utilities, but it shows a lock beside it. How would I access it. Also, there is no option to create or re-create Fabrikam. Any direction appreciated. Dave Dave, It seems the sample company failed to be created the first time around, which will force you to check a few things: 1) Verify whether the TWO database was created on SQL Server. Open SQL Server Management Studio or Enterprise Manager and check in your databases to see if it has been created. If the database is present, you w...

Worksheet Problem 01-04-10
So I have a couple of issues. I go to open up a file today and try to unhide two worksheets that were hidden, and they are gone. I can still see them in VBA, but cannot open them and they are not visible at all in excel. I also am having trouble inserting a new worksheet. All the options are they, but I am not able to select insert. Any help would be appreciated. CHeck to see if workbook protection is activated. That would prevent you from being able to add new sheets (or unhide). Also, in VBE, check to see if the missing sheets have a visible status of "xlSheetVe...

what version of capicom do i have installed and graceful failing of createobject
Set capicom = createObject("CAPICOM.Utilities.1") Running that produces the following error: Script: C:\path\to\capicom.vbs Line: 1 Char: 1 Error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'CAPICOM.Utilities.1' Code: 800A01AD Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error My question is two fold. First, why can't I create that object? <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa388182%28VS.85%29.aspx> states that CAPICOM.Utilities.1 requires you have CAPICOM v2.0 or later installed. How can I find out what version I have installed? ...

Excel document changes format
Hi, I have an Excel document that changes format unexpectedly. It seems to change the format of the document eventhough i saved it. I have to resize the windows of the bar graphs, etc. It just doesn't save it the way i want. I re-installed MSOffice and re-did the NT profile, but still persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Excel does seem to have problems if the screen zoom is anything othe than 100%. Usually changing to 100 and back resets he screen display -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Publisher #9
I have someone who translated their PUblisher 98 document into Latin. How do i get it back to english? I used the Language setting button and nothing happened. Please Help. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from VP <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I have someone who translated their PUblisher 98 document > into Latin. How do i get it back to english? I used the > Language setting button and nothing happened. There is no way to translate a document automatically. If the person did translate their document, the original text...

System restore problem
Windows XP Home SP3. I'm trying to do a system restore, by going to Start | Accessories | System Tools | System restore. I select a date, and click next, but nothing happens. I've tried several different dates with no luck. Am I screwed or is there a way to manually force a system restore without using this wizard? Thanks in advance for any help. Craig Try SR in Safe Mode. Why do you want to run SR? Are you having a problem? "Craig Schiller" <cschiller1@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:u9722H$sKHA.5276@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Win...

y-axis problems
Hello, When I create a bar chart (in powerpoint or excel) on my PC, the last letter on the X axis label gets cut off when I rotate the label to run sideways. It works fine on my laptop, but if I open the file on my PC and click on the chart area, the last letter disappears. This is a very common experience. Some uses add "hard-spaces" which is ANSI 0160 - hold ALT down and type 0160 on numeric pad Other add some nonsense text (three periods) and format it with a color and background to make invisible. Best wishes - Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS ...

VFW webcam
Hi, I'm using Video For Windows to capture images from creative webcam in my application. This is giving me image in size 640x480. However, i need image in landscape resolution where width is less than height. I tried to squeeze the captured image but its distorting it badly. Any ideas how can we capture images from webcam in desired resolution? Thanks, neo see the amcap sample in DirectShow SDK -- Regards Sheng Jiang Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Visual C++ http://www.jiangsheng.net http://blog.joycode.com/jiangsheng/ <dhapola@yahoo.com> ???? news:1160125564.284431....

[Bitmap] problem loading from array
Hello! I'm trying to load a bitmap from an array using the following code : CBitmap bmp1; bmp1.CreateBitmap(im_data.width,im_data.height,1,24,NULL); bmp1.SetBitmapBits(im_data.length,im_data.data_buf); CClientDC dc(this);//CPaintDC dc(this); CDC bmDC; bmDC.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc); CBitmap *pOldbmp = bmDC.SelectObject(&bmp1); dc.BitBlt(50,150,im_data.width,im_data.height,&bmDC,0,0,SRCCOPY); bmDC.SelectObject(pOldbmp); where im_data.width is the width of the image where im_data.height is the height of the image where im_data.length is the number of bytes in the image ...

Problem using a report from Access2003 to Access2007
I am trying to use a database created with Access 2003 in Access 2007 but have come up with a problem. The database contains a report which produces invoices for sales between two dates. When the report is run the user is asked to input sale date From and To (this is set up in the Invoice Query), Invoice Date and Invoice Start Number - these two are set up as text boxes on the report. Invoice Date conrol source has [Enter Invoice Date] and Invoice Start Number has [Page]+[Invoice Start Number]-1. This works fine in Access 2003 and the invoices come out correctly but in 2007 invoice ...

Getting Combo boxes to change options based on other Combo boxes.
Using Excel 2007. I am trying to create either Form Control Combo Boxes or ActiveX Combo Boxes that will change the selectable options based on selections made in previous combo boxes. I am having a hard time finding any information that will work for me. Can someone tell me how to make 5 combo boxes change available listed options when specific options are selected in another combo box? Please? I've been working on this for a very long time without success. I've tried using Data Validation, but my formulas are too long for all the different possible combinations. You are...

Downgrade version of Money 2008
I have purchased Money 2008 Plus Home & Buisness and I no longer need the buisness portion of the application. Is there any way that I could downgrade to the Home Deluxe edition with out being charged? Nope. Unless you bought the package in the last 30 days you will just have to carry on using it but ignore the Business features. If in the future you buy a non-Business version you will get nags about losing functionality but you can just ignore them. If you did buy in the last 30 days you can return for a refund but you will then have to buy Deluxe. IMHO not worth the hassle. -- ...

Infos on MS Money 2004 International Version
Hi All, Like others, I've been trying to track down information on where I can get the international version of MSM2004. Here's what I've found so far: The International version (as opposed to US or UK versions) is primarily sold in Australia/New Zealand/etc., but is also available in Europe (specifically in Switzerland). The Microsoft Part-No. is 105-00462, which can be googled easily. I have an order outstanding for this product and will feed back as soon as I've received it. Another thing: there seems only to be a 'standard' version for international users. "...

change font size of first character
I have a template that allows users to print business cards. It displays a form where they enter their name and three other lines of text. I would like to increase the font size of the first character in each word if the user enters the text in upper case. The code I'm using to capture the text from the form is: With ActiveDocument For intLoop1 = 1 To 10 .Bookmarks("Name" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2)).Range.InsertBefore txtName .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "a").Range.InsertBef...

Need help with cursor spacing problem
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3173510125_666133 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello: I�m trying to fill in a form that�s MS Word based. I�m using MS Office X on a Mac G4 with system 10.3.4. When I type, the cursor seems to have an extra space between the last letter and the place where I want to put a new one. In other words, I�m unable to align the cursor exactly where I want it to go. It makes typing almost imposs...

change the color of non-printing characters in this version of Word?

How do I change the inverse colour in an Excel chart?
I want to have blue bars when the values are positive and yellow when they are negative. I have checked the box for "invert if negative" when choosing the colour in Format Data Series, but I still get blue for both. David, The concept described here should work: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/conditional_column_chart/ ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "david_hutton.NO_SPAM" wrote: > I want to have blue bars when the values are positive and yellow when they > are negative. I have checked the box for "invert if negative" wh...

Exch 2003/Outlook 2003 inbox sync problem
Greetings, After several hardware problems on a SBS Server 2003 I can no longer sync my inbox with Outlook 2003? All other folders sync just fine. After a manual sync the properties of the inbox show 147 items on the server and 0 items in the off-line folder. I have deleted the .ost file and had outlook recreate it -- no change. I updated to sp1 -- no change. I logged in on a different box with OL2003sp1 -- no change. ANY help or pointers are appreciated. -Steve S. ...

Forms problem #2
Hi all, I've designed a form in MSO 2003 with a picture for a background and the bcc field having a default value. The problem is that when I send attachments through this form sometimes the recipient gets the attachment as a .dat file! I like the functionality of the form that I've created but the problem with the attachments is a big one! Any suggestions? -pnp Do not use Outlook Rich Text as the form message format. Use Plain Text or HTML instead. The winmail.dat is caused by clients that cannot understand RTF (all except Outlook/Eudora) wrapping the formatting in the .da...

how do you chang language in excel
I have a swedish version of office 2003 it is in swedish but i speak english, can anyone tell me how to change it to english, other than having to go out and buy the english version. "peter curran" <petercurran17@eircom.net> wrote >I have a swedish version of office 2003 it is in swedish but i speak > english, can anyone tell me how to change it to english, other than having > to go out and buy the english version. That's a good way. In fact, it's the only way. -- Bob http://www.kanyak.com ...

Lists
I have a user who is importing an excel spreadsheet into a Sharepoint List, but some of the column types that SP is selecting is incorrect. I can't find any place to change the type of these columns (like from text to text with link, etc). Is this possible? Yes, you can change the column type after importing. Just go to the list settings page and choose the column you would like to update. The very first section of the column settings page will be for the data type of the column. -RH "J. Belcher" wrote: > I have a user who is importing an excel sprea...

Problems with CRM 3.0 Reports
Hi, I am having problems opening reports from the web client direct from the CRM server. When i ckick reports either in My Workplace the following message occurs: Reports.config has invalid schema, and could not be loaded. Any ideas what might be the problem? Note: I have not implemented Microsoft CRM myself, but one of our partners, so I know little about the install process. Hi, If you are running sqlserver 2005, the following could help: - log on to your server - start - all programs - microsoft sql server 2005 - configuration tools - reporting services configuration - connect to...