Printing the Note Field in Report Writer

I'm re-creating the Payables Transaction Edit List report in Report Writer to
include a number of fields not available of the original report.

I am trying to get the information placed in the Note field to print as part
of this new report.  However the only option, I see is the note index which
just gives the number.  I was able to get the note to print using Smartlist
Builder.  Is there a way to do the same using Report Rriter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
Alecia (12)

Alecia, this might help:
http://www.vaidy-dyngp.com/2009/04/displaying-note-text-on-gp-report.html.
It's not the specific report you're looking for, but a sample of how to do
this in general.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Alecia" <Alecia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm re-creating the Payables Transaction Edit List report in Report Writer
> include a number of fields not available of the original report.
>
> I am trying to get the information placed in the Note field to print as
> part
> of this new report.  However the only option, I see is the note index
> which
> just gives the number.  I was able to get the note to print using
> Smartlist
> Builder.  Is there a way to do the same using Report Rriter.

victoria (3340)
5/7/2009 4:24:21 PM
Victoria - YOU ROCK!

Thanks for your help

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Alecia, this might help:
> http://www.vaidy-dyngp.com/2009/04/displaying-note-text-on-gp-report.html.
> It's not the specific report you're looking for, but a sample of how to do
> this in general.
>

> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com
>

> "Alecia" <Alecia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm re-creating the Payables Transaction Edit List report in Report Writer
> > include a number of fields not available of the original report.
> >
> > I am trying to get the information placed in the Note field to print as
> > part
> > of this new report.  However the only option, I see is the note index
> > which
> > just gives the number.  I was able to get the note to print using
> > Smartlist
> > Builder.  Is there a way to do the same using Report Rriter.

Alecia (12)

report writer #3
I have installed project management and fixed asset modules along with the default modules of Great Plains version 8. The report writer option does not seem to be working after this I resinstalled the whole application today and found report writer working after creating a sample company. On installing project management, the problem continues to persist I am using windows 2000 server. I have also installed service pack 2 of version 8 GP Anybody else facing the same problem Dear Krishna, Can you Specify more details about what do you mean by report writer options does not seem to workin...

Printed Quote
Curious is anyone has any samples of a printed quote using SRS? What other options for printed quotes are there? Hi, Our Advanced quote and order processing module allows you to quickly and easily create and print quotes in Microsoft CRM. Regards, David Smooha 516 609-5010 http://www.dynamicscrmaddons.com/AdvancedQuotes.asp "dmn8" wrote: > Curious is anyone has any samples of a printed quote using SRS? > > What other options for printed quotes are there? ...

Memo line on printed checks
I'm wondering if it is possible to modify the placement of the memo line on printed checks. Moving the entire printed text using the existing check printing parameters within Money will not help as I only require the modification of the memo line. You see, I have pre-printed blank checks, but the memo line (when printed using Money) falls below the pre-printed line on the check. I searched for a possible check printing template, which I might modify directly, (using Notepad for example) in the Money file heirachy without success. I've even poked aroung the registry for any p...

Hiding fields and Serializing
I have a web service with a class. Here is an excerpt. Public Class User_Input Public Phone_AreaCode as String Public Phone_Exchange as String Public Phone_Num as String Friend Phone_Number as String End Class The calling client insists on formatting the phone number in three fields. My application requires the phone in one field. So that the client doesn't somehow set the phone_number, I used the Friend modifier. Works great on their end - they cannot see it through intellisense and cannot set a value into it. My web service then appends the three fields into phone_number. ...

Printing to different printers
I would like to have the sheets of my workbook print to differen printers, with out having to switch printers under file printer. I there a way for this to be done -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Record a macro when you do it manually one time. then when you need it again, run that macro. "pboost1 <" wrote: > > I would like to have the sheets of my workbook print to different > printers, with out having to switch printers under file printer. IS > there a way for this to be done? > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/...

Small text in printed pages from Outlook
I have XP and Office 2007 installed, I use Outlook as my diary and print pages from this with clients information on and take them with me for appointments etc., the problem is, that when I print the pages [1 page per day] then the text on those pages is tiny - I've been looking for a cure for ages, anyone able to help???? On 11/17/2009 3:02 AM On a whim, Chris Jones pounded out on the keyboard > I have XP and Office 2007 installed, I use Outlook as my diary and print > pages from this with clients information on and take them with me for > appointments etc., the pr...

police reports
wednesday oct. 27 voreis was registered as a___offender 10:32 am 12/14/09 "jeramie francis" wrote: > > wednesday oct. 27 > > voreis was registered as a___offender 10:32 am > > 12/14/09 ...

dashed line printing problem
Hi, I am having problem in printing charts which has dashed lines. Whenever I make a graph which has dashed line instead of solid line, on the computer screen those lines appears to be dashed but when I print the graph those lines come to be solid. I believe it's bug in excel. I was reading and microsoft suggest installing service pack 3 for the office to get the problem rectified. I installed the service pack but the problem still persists. Can somebody help me if he know the work around with this problem. Prashant ...

RE: Limit records shown per report
Information per Karl Dewey's request Query for report is named Bart S1 report: SELECT [Customer Information].Customer_ID, [Customer Information].Customer, [Bart S1].Service_Address, [Bart S1].Employee, [Service Address].Manager, ServiceRequirements2.Type_of_System, ServiceRequirements2.Raw_Water, ServiceRequirements2.Treated_Water, ServiceRequirements2.Cycles, ServiceRequirements2.Inhibitor_Level, ServiceRequirements2.Range_1, ServiceRequirements2.Range_2, ServiceRequirements2.Range_3, ServiceRequirements2.Range_4, ServiceRequirements2.Range_5, 1 AS ZZZ FROM ServiceRequi...

Bound control to sum fields
Hello, I need to make a control that takes the sum of other text boxes on a form and enters it into a field in the database. I can make an unbound control that sums the fields (e.g. [field1]+[field2]+...) and displays it to the user, but I need the data to actually stay in the record. The problem here is that I put the sum formula in as the control source, which prevents me from having a field as the control source. How can I make a bound control that automatically takes the sum of other controls on the form? Thanks, Craig slythe39@gmail.com wrote: >I need to make a control that take...

PDF not an option in file type in reports
I have installed the full version of Acrobat 5. Even installed Acrobat PDFWriter Files. However, still the dropdown on file types in reports does not contain pdf. Please let me know what steps am I missing. ...

DPM 2007 SP1: Windows Server 2008 R2: Could not connect to SQL Server Reporting Server because of IIS Connectivity issues
Hi, I'm experiencing "Could not connect to SQL Server Reporting Server because of IIS Connectivity issues" and checked the wildcard script mappong permission for ISAPI Extentions in IIS 7: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb795696.aspx Actually in my Windows Server 2008 R2 this was already ok But still it does not work. Did anybody get this to run? Thanks, Adrian Adrian Miller ...

Record Fields Collection
I'm trying to set one of the fields in the current record, which I assume I can do if I have the right name for the collection. I thought it was "Fields", but either that's wrong or how I've used it here is wrong????? Me.Fields("SubCat" & level "ID") = lngNewID Where the current record contains fields of: SubCat1ID, SubCat2ID,,,,,,,,,SubCatxID. Bill Bill wrote: >I'm trying to set one of the fields in the current >record, which I assume I can do if I have the >right name for the collection. I thought it was >"Fields"...

Merging two reports
Hi, I have two reports based from the same query. In the first report, I filter a field called PING for fail. In the second report, I filter a field called UP for fail. What I would like to do is combine these reports so that in the fist section, the filter is set for the PING field. And in the second section, the filter is set for the UP field. Can these reports have independent sections based on one query, but different filters in each section? How do I achieve this? Any assistance is always greatly appreciated. Cheers, GLT. GLT, What do you mean by "...

field formula for newbie
I'm not well-versed in Access, and I'm hoping someone can give me a simple fix for my dilemma. I want to create a new field (NewID) in a table that looks up the data in a different field (CurrentID) in that same table and then drops the first character. So if the value in CurrentID is 012345, the value in New ID will be 12345 if the value in Current ID is 022345, the value in New ID will be 22345. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks, aj Alice I'll suggest that, rather than redundantly storing a fact you already have, consider using a query to r...

Retrieving Non-Delivery Reports?
Hi, I'm a Newbie to Exchange 2000. During test phase the System Mailbox became full of Non-Delivery reports which hasn't been configured yet. Is it possible for me to read and to delete these, perhaps from within System Manager? I can't find any e-mail in one of the vs1 sub folders... TIA, Axel Dahmen You really should leave the System mailbox alone. NDR's are not sent to the System Mailbox - perhaps you are referring to a different mailbox? The following article describes how to log on, but again, be careful. It recommends to only log on to that mailbox with the sup...

How do I use Access 2007 VBA to print external pdf files?
Ideally, I'd like to use an Access form to open the pdfs, print them and then close Adobe Reader or whatever program is used to do the print job. On Fri, 28 May 2010 09:43:20 -0700, "LA Lawyer" <hkapp@kapplaw.com> wrote: You can use the ShellExecute API with the Print verb (the lpOperation argument). That's what Windows uses when you drop a PDF document on a Printer. Check out this article: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Ideally, I'd like to use an Access form to open the pdfs, print them and >...

printing rdlc reports programmatically
Hi, I need to print a series of reports programmatically from a windows forms application using vb.net 2008. I attempted the walthrough "Printing a Local Report without Preview" (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms252091.aspx) but was unsuccessful. I get the error: "A generic error occurred in GDI+." I added a call to the Print procedure to the Run procedure, on the line after Export (report), but I get an error: "A generic error occurred in GDI+." This error occurs on the PrintPage event handler, on the line: "Dim PageImage...

Exchange usage report
Hello, I have a client that is having trouble keeping track of her users internet mail usage. I don't have an Exchange server to look up the reporting capabilities of Exchange (2003) to help her. Can someone point me to an article or documentation on how to generate an internet usage report? Something like From:, To:, Subject: Thanks, Brian Quest Software has a tool. Promodag has a tool. Microsoft Operations Manager is a tool. "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32B97FAA-EA86-4D19-B9B7-FA12F2E5E53F@microsoft.com... > Hello, > &g...

Parameters ad reports
I've heard that parameters are supported in CRM 1.2 and Crystal 9. Anyone have sample code to run a report with a specified parameter? Thanks. Sebastiano + Alex ...

How to add a leading space to an existing text field?
I have 2 columns of data that I want to concatenate, however, I need a space to separate the second column for readability. Example: column 1 (100) column 2 (n. baker st.) - result: 100 n. baker st. Excel 2007 =a1&" "&b1 If you ever decide you want to format the number (like a date or money or time): ="Your payment is due on: " & text(a1,"mmmm dd, yyyy") & ". Please include: " & text(b1,"$#,##0.00") & " payable to the IRS." richprince wrote: > > I have 2 columns of data that I wan...

Report Printing 12-07-07
Hi Allen, I have a database name Transfer Deed & I have a form in which I’ve to give data for fields. Deed No. Shares Distinctive No. From Shares Distinctive No. To No. of Shares (Difference of above) I’ve a report also on before open the report a popup form occurs & ask for Deed No & Lot which represent data above what I want know that before open the report it open with lot of nos. provided for example. Distinctive No from is = 500 Distinctive No to is = 1000 No. of shares is = 500 And lot provided on popup form is 100 then 5 pages report of 100 each...

Print Presets in 10.4.x
I've found an interesting issue that only affects MS Word in Office 2004 with the lastest update of 11.2. 1. Open a Word Document 2. Create a few Presets - mine are Letterhead and Plain Paper 3. Goto File->Print 4. In the Copies field type 5 - don't tab out of the field 5. Now change to another Preset 6. Notice that the Copies field still has 5 in it? 7. Now hit the tab button which should tab you out of the Copies field. Notice it NOW changes to 1 Anyone found a workaround or know how to fix this issue?? This bug happens on 4 Mac OS X 10.4.2 computers printing to 2 diffe...

Report Writer and Calculated Fields
I'm modifying a report on Great Plains (I'm new to it!!). I need to add new fields to the report footer. These fields should refer to other existing fields in the report footer. The fields that I need to refer are related to total amounts. The total amount is the sum (Field Type = 'Sum') of the field values. Now, for the new field I am adding I need to refer the total amount displayed in the amount field. For some reason it is not calculating it right. To put an example: In the report footer I have a field named 'Amount1' and its value should be the total amount ...

Changing the fields to a different color
Hi, I have a field in access called "Draft Proposal Released" and depending on what letter "D", "P", or "R" is entered into the field I would like the field to change to a different color. As an example if the letter "D" was entered all the text in that row would turn Red or if "P" was entered all the text in that row would turn Blue and if "R" was entered all the text in that row would remain the normal Black text with a white back ground. is this possible to do? It would be nice if I could just pick one row as...