Print user class report in delimited form

Hi,

I would like to export the user access report in delimted format to be used
in excel, is there a way I can do it? The user class report has way too much
headers and sub headers.

Thanks in advanced.
0
Richard853 (481)

Sure,

Just modify the report using Report Writer.  Remove the page header section
and also any extra lines you don't want in the report header.  It's a pretty
simple report.

"Richard" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to export the user access report in delimted format to be used
> in excel, is there a way I can do it? The user class report has way too much
> headers and sub headers.
>
> Thanks in advanced.
0
LeslieVail (702)

Link between forms when the child field is part of the primary key causing crashes when creating new records in main form
This is access 2003. I'm making a form to create new records in a main table and simultaneously allow the user to create records linking them to data from a second. The link table data is shown as an embedded form within the main form. The link table has two columns to store foreign keys from the main table and a lookup table. I want it to have a compound primary key composed of the two foreign keys. The problem is that if I have the compoundPK set and then create a new record in the main form/table or have the secondary form set to link MainTablePK between the child and master forms ...

Links to external images and printing the images
I am in the very beginning stages of developing a database for someone in sort of an HR function in our organization. She needs to be able to keep track of various employment qualifications - certification dates, drivers license status, etc. The tricky request she has given me is that she wants to click on a button/record/somesuch for an employee, and have it bring up the appropriate scanned image, such as a scan of the drivers' license, and then print it. I was thinking of using the attachments feature in Access 2007 (which i will be developing in), but saw that the attachment total for t...

Route incoming email form a company
Hi, My questions is the following. Is there a way to route all emails coming from say Company A to a certain individual in the our company? Thanks "=?Utf-8?B?YXBlcmVpcmE=?=" <apereira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:953E87C9-8AE2-4FCB-B067-3607C27F6694@microsoft.com: > Is there a way to route all emails coming from say Company A to a > certain individual in the our company? You could probably do this with an event sink. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com ...

Pop up form closing
Hi All, I have a pop up form that loads from the afterupdate event of a combo box depending on the result. The information in the pop up form is held in the same table as the combo box that is updated (I'm not sure if this will affect the code I am after but i thought it should be mentioned and this cannot be changed due to the customers' requirements...unfortunately) I have so far coded so that when a field is set to visible it is required and if not entered a custom message box appears. The problem I am having is that when the error comes up lets say for the second ...

Form Help 04-15-10
Hi All, I have a combo box to choose the Project Number (these are text format since they alpha numeric) and I would like to automatically fill in the Project Name in for use in a print report. I am using Access 2007. Any help with an embedded macro would be great. Thanks, Brian, This is actually two questions... form vs report. And no need for any code. **Form: Just add the ProjectName column to your combo box in the second column. ProjectNumber ProjectName Bind the combo control to the ProjectNumber field (you probably already do t...

Change lblHeading.Caption of report based on which form's button clicked
I have 2 separate forms. Button on each form opens a report. One button on one form says "OPEN" and one button on the other form says "CLOSE" I do not want to create one report for each button on separate forms. I just want to use one report to serve both buttons on different forms On my report, I have lblHeading. If OPEN button is clicked from one form, I want to change lblHeading to something. If CLOSE button is clicked from another from, I want to change lblHeading as well. Thanks for helping. What version of Access? Starting in Access 2002 (I believe), t...

show criteria on a report used to generate the report
How do you show (print) on a report the criteria used to generate the report? Thank you. Debbie On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:54:16 -0800, Debbie S. wrote: > How do you show (print) on a report the criteria used to generate the report? > > Thank you. > > Debbie And what is the criteria on the report? Let's assume the report criteria is in the query date field like: Between [StartDate] and [EndDate] In an unbound control in your report header, write: = "For sales between " & [StartDate] & " and " & [EndDate] The text within the brackets mu...

excel 03 to 07 printing
running trial version. save 03 workbook as 07. 03 workbook came from new computer with 07 on it. saving 03 as 07 on computer that is running 07 trial. now either version will print nothing--page is blank. On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 15:22:36 -0800, harleyman <harleyman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >running trial version. >save 03 workbook as 07. >03 workbook came from new computer with 07 on it. >saving 03 as 07 on computer that is running 07 trial. >now either version will print nothing--page is blank. Please repost your question in an Excel newsgroup. The webpage can be c...

Summary Report 11-17-09
I have a summary report full of unbound text boxes pulling multiple types of information from a single query (using DCount for the most part). As long as I leave the query as it is, the report works fine and pulls the correct information from all of the records in my query. My problem is, I need to count records from the query based on a date range, and when I add Between [Start Date] And [End Date] to the criteria line for one of the fields in my query, every field on my summary report changes to #Error. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Your DCounts need the same criteria. ...

Printing error message
I have an excel spreadsheet which when I attempt to print it I get the following message on my screen: "Print titles must be contiguous and complete rows or columns". Can anyone explain to me what this actually means and how I can prevent it from happening? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Duncan Penman Computer Technician Heriot-Watt University I'm not sure how you did it, but it sounds like: File|Page Setup|Sheet Tab|Rows to repeat at top (or columns to repeat at left) got mixed up. I'd go in there and see what it looked like (and change it if necessary)...

2003 Server Performance Reports Quit ...
Scheduled for 4:30 daily, on one of my SBS 2003 servers, they ceased getting emailed about two weeks ago. The report still comes up in the SBS Console window, but is never received. SMTP sent via localhost does get out. I've re-run 'set up monitoring reports and alerts' 'change server status report settings' and 'change alert notifications' from the console Monitoring and Reporting menu. What shall I try next? Steve <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Scheduled for 4:30 daily, on one of my SBS 2003 servers, they ceased > getting e...

Activating SQL Server Reporting Services Failed
When installing CRM 3.0 y get this error: Activating SQL Server Reporting Services Failed. Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server https://publishing.Secintcon.local/reportServer. Error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Any help would be appreciated. R.P. Try browsing to the URL outside of the installation, to make sure you have the URL correct... Boolean1 "Richard P" <RichardP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:009EE8BD-B590-4C9D-8A5E-EDACAF71CB02@microsoft.com... > When installing CRM 3.0 y get this...

Managing Users by User Other Than SA
Is there any tricky way to allow a user other than sa to make changes to the User Setup? Use DYNSA -- Charles Allen, MVP "Cindy Mikeworth" wrote: > Is there any tricky way to allow a user other than sa to make changes to the > User Setup? > > Charles Allen wrote: > Use DYNSA > -- > Charles Allen, MVP > > > > "Cindy Mikeworth" wrote: > > > Is there any tricky way to allow a user other than sa to make changes to the > > User Setup? > > > > If you are on GP10 grant the user the IT Manager role and add...

Printing of Drafts / Editing of Messages
a) I found that Outlook Express does not let me print a draft before I send it. Does anyone has an answer to that problem? b) When a message is received, it is sometimes necessary to delete older messages at the bottom of the page before printing. However, Outlook Express does not let me "edit" the received message. How can this be removed? Thank you. ...

SBS Exchange 2003: Create new user in AD but no exchange mailbox #2
I'm using SBS Exchange Server 2003 SP2. When I create a new user using Active Directory, it doesn't create the Exchange Mailbox. I can right-click and use Exchange Tasks to Recreate/Delete the mailbox and everything says it's "Ok", yet there is no mailbox found in the store. I get this even when I reboot the server and send an email to the new address. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Forward 123@xyz.com to 5 users ???
Hi everyone For the last 3 days I'm trying to configure Exchange on my SBS2003. For every message arriving to 123@xyz.com to be forwarded (copied) to another 5 accounts. 3 internal and 2 external (Black Berry). I know how to forward incoming message to another address by creating a contact, but I need the same message to be forwarded to another 3 users and 3 external email accounts. Someone has mentioned about Distribution Groups, but can't find out how and where to create them. Cam someone please guide me step by step? Thank you Artur Create distribution group called 123 in...

Custom Fields on CRM based reports
We have customised our copy of CRM and need to get the custom fields (CFSTestField for example) onto our Crystal Reports, but when using the CRM connection, it only seems to return the standard fields. Has anyone managed to get custom fields added to crystal reports without going to the database directly? In order for the custom fields to appear, you will need to verify the database from within Crystal Reports. After opening the report use the Verify Database option on the Database menu Good luck. ...

Lock a form
I'm currently using Access 2007 and I would like to lock down controls in a form with a button, but AFTER it has been edited by the user. In this forum, I read about some pretty clever coding for locking bound controls, but it doesn't quite fit my needs. The new forms usually open in a locked state (which bothers me a bit since data will be added regularly), while some blank textboxes, that the user has to fill by himself, are not locked at all. I would like the form to open unlocked by default (or at least apply no locks on a newly created form), so that the user can ma...

Failure to create mailboxes for new users
Would IISlockdown/URLScan interfere with the process of adding mailboxes to new users? New users created from AD do not have a mailbox created even though the 'Create an Exchange Mailbox' is checked. The emaill address in the 'Genera;' tab isleft blank. I am using W2K server and Exchange 2000 ...

How to set up a spesific tablefield in the toptekst in a report
I trying to set up in the toptekst of a report the value that is in one spesific field in one of the tables in the database. Is that possible? Anybody got a hint? Yes, if you have a way of indentifying the record that the field is in. Put a text box in the Report's Header (is that what you meant by Top Text?) and in it type =DLookup("[FieldThatContainsValue]", "TableOrQueryThatContainsTheData","[IdentifyingField]=2") That's the rough idea. Of course, you will replace FieldThatContainsValue etc with the real name of your field. The formula I gave y...

Excel Intermittent print crashing
A client of ours is using our excel software and is having vaguely random (but frequent) crashes during print. I believe that the problem is related to corrupt or erroneous metafile data. 1) Problem occurs at print time (we've tracked the crashing down to the actual print command) 2) Stepping through the code makes the problem not happen 3) Inserting "Do Events" immediately before and after the error does NOT fix the problem 4) The problem is isolated to specific users who always have access to a weird printer. The problem persists even when they don't use said printer 5) T...

Building Columns in a Report
I'm using AC2003. I have a database containing inventory numbers. Is there a way to generate a report with 3 or 4 columns on one page of those inventory numbers? for example 123 456 789 012 345 678 901 234 567 890 123 456 789 012 345 678 Any help is appreciated! PeterM wrote: >I'm using AC2003. I have a database containing inventory numbers. Is there >a way to generate a report with 3 or 4 columns on one page of those inventory >numbers? > >for example > >123 456 789 012 >345 678 901 234 >...

quote number on sales order and sales invoice report
How can I print the originating quote number (the quote that was transferred to the sales order) on sales order and sales invoice reports? Check out the originating document number. I havent checked out how long this holds the original quote number, it may be that when you convert the order to the invoice you will have to chase through the chain of documents in the history table (using the master number and searching for the oldest date with a view of some sort) to get the original quote number. You could also put that number in the PO number field on the original document or create a...

numerical summation to passed from sub to main form
I have a subform that tracks payments. I have a text box in the form footer that calculates total payments. I need that total amount of payment passed to the main form, so that I can then calculate a "balance due" from Total Owed - Total Paid [which I do know how to do]. Thanks Set the controlsource of a text box on the main form to: Me.NameOfSubformControl.Form.NameOfTextbox sunstituting appropriate names. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "Keri in Vermont" <KeriinVermont@d...

Trial Balance prints no details when I limit it to 1 account
Just upgraded to GP80 from 7.5 Pervasive on 1 of the companies the trial balance prints blank when I limit it to just 1 account, if I limit it to 2 accounts it works fine. I've tried the automated solution to fix the gl00105 and it didn't make a difference. any ideas where to look next? checked links on all the financial series too, We've experienced this problem with some clients. The problem we found was in the GL00105 table. The ACTNUMST field was not the proper concatenation of the ACTNUMBR fields from importing the chart of accounts using Table Import. "Ian D...