Print document (packing slip) for inventory transfer/adjustment

An option should be given to print a document (not only edit list) when a
transfer or an adjustment is done. This could be in the form of a packing
slip (not showing cost) or one showing the cost. This would be useful when
transfering between remote sites and a transfer document can accompany the
goods being transfered.

This will assist staff with verifying that what was electronically
transfered was what was physically transfered

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=177190c8-aa81-4301-8ae8-e8800814e494&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

I've handled this requirement two ways. One was to modify the Edit List to
look more like a packing slips. Two was to create a Crystal report that
looked like a packing list.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Kirk Richmond" wrote:

> An option should be given to print a document (not only edit list) when a
> transfer or an adjustment is done. This could be in the form of a packing
> slip (not showing cost) or one showing the cost. This would be useful when
> transfering between remote sites and a transfer document can accompany the
> goods being transfered.
>
> This will assist staff with verifying that what was electronically
> transfered was what was physically transfered
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=177190c8-aa81-4301-8ae8-e8800814e494&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
callen (2505)
11/28/2006 3:43:01 AM
Take a look at Inter-site transfers from Trinity:

http://www.trinitypartner.com/products_and_modules/inter_site_transfers.htm

Brenner

visit us at www.WilloWare.com

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> I've handled this requirement two ways. One was to modify the Edit List to
> look more like a packing slips. Two was to create a Crystal report that
> looked like a packing list.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Kirk Richmond" wrote:
>
> > An option should be given to print a document (not only edit list) when a
> > transfer or an adjustment is done. This could be in the form of a packing
> > slip (not showing cost) or one showing the cost. This would be useful when
> > transfering between remote sites and a transfer document can accompany the
> > goods being transfered.
> >
> > This will assist staff with verifying that what was electronically
> > transfered was what was physically transfered
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=177190c8-aa81-4301-8ae8-e8800814e494&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Linked graphics into a Publisher 2000 document
I have a 400KB document (withgout graphics). I insert two JPEG images each around 200KB into the document. I figure the resulting document should be around 700KB. Result? An 11MB file. I delete the images (document is now 400KB) and instead insert the images using the "Link to File" option. Graphics Manager confirms that the images are linbked into the file. The size should not be more than 500KB. Result? An 11MB file. Question is how can I insert images into a Publisher 2000 documentr without the file blowing up? And why does it blow up? Regards, Richard. Richard wrot...

Printing Newsletter in Publisher 2003

Print Report "Bold" Font Category Name Problems
When I print income/expense reports in MS Money 2006 the category names do not print in bold, making them very difficult to read since they end up as the same font as the sub categories. On the screen, category names are bolded. Does anyone know how to fix this print problem? ...

Creating a Microsoft Words document from an existing Excel spreads
Hi all, I need your kind guidance on how to create a new microsoft words document using an existing excel spreadsheet? At present, I have an excel spreadsheet, say "data.xls" containing data for example 6 fields such as COMPANY NAME, DATE, ITEM1, ITEM2, ITEM,3 & QUOTATION TOTAL. Under these 6 fields are some records of my customers. COMPANY NM DATE ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 QUOTATION TTL ---------------- ------- -------- ------- -------- ------------------- ABC Limited 3 Apr xxxxx xxxxx ...

Transferring e-mails with an ISP different at Outlook.
I have got two differents name's accounts with Yahoo, I would like to transfer part of the messages from one account to another, is nearly at 85% full. I have tried with Reply and Forward selecting several messages but it allows me only one by one. I have around 950 messages.What can I do.Thank you in advance! -- In news:B1CFBA36-83C4-4DBC-98FC-05E26881ACB4@microsoft.com, jessy <jessy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have got two differents name's accounts with Yahoo, You mean, you have two different Yahoo e-mail accounts, which you check in Outlook? > I wou...

Can't edit print styles in Outlook 2007

Cannot Print a selection of ToDo's
I have a user who is having an issue when attempting to print a selection of his Todo list. The print dialog will appear but as soon as he clicks either print or print preview the dialog dissapears and no jobs are sent to the print que. He is able to print other documents to this printer and the issue occurs with all other printers installed (including a PDF printer). Computer is running Vista business 32 bit w/ Vista SP2. Office 2007 Small Business with Office SP2. ...

CRMADDIN adjustments.
Is there a way to change where the CRM toolbar displays when a new message is located? I have checked for available COM Add-In Registry keys and can not find any that would allow us to right justify the tool bar. I would really like to move the toolbar off the left hand side of the window so that it is not located directly under the “Send” button in Outlook. -- Redadmin There is no control over this ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Redadmin" <Redadmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDE407...

Move pages from document to document?

How do I break a large word document into smaller components?
I have a very large Word document (over 40 MB) that I update several times a year. I would like to break it into smaller components so that only the affected component would have to be backed up online. However, I still wish to maintain the ability to create a table of contents and index for the whole document. Is this possible and if so, what is the process to do it. I am using MS Office 2010 beta running MS Windows 7 Home Premium on a 64 bit Dell desktop. Hi RoadRoy, You can simply make multiple copies and delete whatever you don't want from each copy. For the mul...

Changing default Print copies
Hi, I have a workbook that has a worksheet with default printing copies of 3. Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up the print dialog. I have also looked through the VBA editor at the worksheet for any oddities and have found none. Does anyone know how to change this permanently? Thanks in advance. Pach >Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to > print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up > the print dialog. Look at the defaults for you...

Unable to add documents to My Recent Documents
Hello, Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied" message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab. Are you Right-Clicking on the Start Button and then selecting Properties from the list? If you select Properties then You need to select Customize from Start Menu Tab. Then from Advanced Tab you should ensure there is a TICK next to "List my Most Recently Opened Documents". hth Gary V wrote: > > Hello, &g...

printer not printing in black or red
I have an Epsom sx200 printer, I have recently changed the red and the black ink and now it will not print in these colours. I can not open the ink unit to check it is replaced correctly, the ink that I have used is different to the normal Epsom ink that I have been using in the past (more ink for less money). please could someone help? Thanks Andy Not in a Word forum! It's not impossible that Epson will claim you voided your warranty by using alien inks. On May 23, 7:30=A0am, Andy Banks <Andy Ba...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an Epsom sx200 pri...

comparing numerically two documents
Hi all, I need to compare the text of document A with the text of document B with some Word functionality, plugin or tool that tells me how much the text in the two docs is different. Some kind of reporting feature that tells you something like "The text of document B is X % (percent) different from the text of document A" Is anythig like this available? thanks ...

How do I transfer mail over network to other computer?
I have Outlook Express 6 on my laptop and Outlook 2000 as well ast Outlook Express 6 on my home computer. They are networked using a hub and I want to back up my mail on the home computer but I can't seem to figure out the import/export functions. Bill <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Outlook Express 6 on my laptop and Outlook 2000 as > well ast Outlook Express 6 on my home computer. They are > networked using a hub and I want to back up my mail on the > home computer but I can't seem to figure out the > import/export functions. Create...

11x17 Printing
I am having problems with printing a 11x17 document to a Konica Minolta C-350 purchased in May of 2005. I am on a time cruch and would appreciate any help. Are you the same person who posted the same question earlier this week? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mulkey" <Mulkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F57FAAC5-C73A-4C07-B1D1-7E32E3481B3E@microsoft.com... >I am having problems with printing a 11x17 document to a Konica Minolta >C-350 > purchased in May of 2005. I am on a time cruch and would appreciate any > help. I may...

Mail Merge with Word 2003
Please Help if you can. I have lost hours editing a Mail Merge Master document, only to find none of the changes are saved when you reopen. Here's what happened: I want to edit the fields in a mail merge document. I want to search for the {OLD-FIELD} and replace it with the {NEW FIELD}. Word does not seem to allow me to do this. First, it will not let me cut and paste the fields into the Search & Replace Box. Secondlly, after hours of laboriously replacing my Fields one at a time, and dutifully saving, NONE of the changes were saved. The changes are all shown in ...

Halfway through my publisher document the text starts scrambling
I am in the middle of a Publisher document that I have to get out ASAP and the words are scrmbling all of a sudden; for instance instead of the it prints out eht. HELP!! Might try an updated printer driver. What version Publisher are you using? What printer? What version Windows? Canon has issues with Publisher 98 and Windows 98 How to troubleshoot text printing (inkjet printers) in Publisher 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198258&Product=pub PUB2000: Troubleshooting Text Printing (Laser Printers) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198...

how to format and print labels from an excel file
I have an excel list of people with 12 cells of information. I want to format and print "name tags" (labels?) using only the information in four cells. How can I do this? You can print labels in Excel but formatting can be a problem. Best to use Word for the mailmerge operation and select the 4 labels to print during the setup in Word. For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm And a t...

Making a template that puts the current date in the document so that does NOT change
I'd like to make a template that sets up some standard headers and formatting for new Word documents for a night school course I'm enrolled in. Among other requirements for all papers is to put the date the paper was created at the top. I'd furthermore like it so that if I need to reopen the document after creating it to say print another copy, the date written at the top will not change. In other words, when I create a new document using the template the current date is put near the top, but when I subsequently open the file for editing or reprinting it does NOT automat...

Mailing Label printing
I have created several mailing labels using SQL Reporting services and am attempting to print them with a Intermec pd-41 label printer. Every time a report is Printed the size settings for the job changes to 1.5w 4h instead of the setting within Windosw of 1.5h 4w. I have changed and saved the settings on the printer in the printer settings via Windows. The end users for this product cannot be bothered to click properties every time they are printing a label. Has anybody else experienced this or know of a way to correct this. Within Visual Studio, look at the report properties w...

Printing in a Citrix Environment
Hi, We have just implemented GP 8.0 for a customer with branches scattered around the country. Users access Great Plains server through Citrix. 1. Users have complained that printing reports is extremely slow. E.g. 70 page Trial Balance report takes 2 hours to process and printout. Is there a way to speed up the printing? We have already installed all drivers on the Citrix server. 2. In this situation, how do I implement Named Printers (Users want to default report printing to a HP laserjet and check printing to a dedicated dot matrix Epson printer)? 3.One user complains that on printin...

Service Packs & Updates
I have used the trial software from Microsofts site of SBS 2008 which is SP1 I have done all updates but it hasnt gone to SP2 should I do this manually?? Also as its a trial I was just going to purchase Lic and add key is this OK or should I pruchase Media and resetup again? Any Advice would be appreciated Thanks - Mark I've had problems installing SP2 in the past too. You've really got to do all the Updates and restart and then check again ......and again.. It'll only offer SP2 when *all* the other Updates have been installed. Have you switched to get...

Check printing in GP 7.0