Posting Sales Batch Sending Itemized Transactions to GL

We are having an issue with one cash account where when posting a sales batch
sends itemized transaction totals to the GL instead of a total amount for the
batch.  It was working fine up until a few days ago and I'm not sure if
anything changed.  Everyone I ask says they didn't do anything.

Does anyone know how to make the transaction totals for the batch post as a
lump sum instead of itemized?

Thanks,
Eric
-1
esf1999 (30)

Eric:

That's a setting in Posting Setup.  Tools>Setup>Posting>Posting.
Create a Journal Entry per Transaction or Batch.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)

Select cheques
When you are building a batch of cheques for one creditor and you add to the batch several payments the payments print out on seperate remittances even though you have specified to print one cheque per creditor. You have to go to edit payments to put all the payments on the one remittance advice. Can this additional funtionality be added to this screen. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

OneNote IE8 send to button
I am running IE8 and do not have a OneNote button in either the toolbar of under the tools menu. rkalb wrote: >I am running IE8 and do not have a OneNote button in either the > toolbar of under the tools menu. Check the add-ons in IE (Tools | Add-ons ....) if "Send to OneNote" is activated. Rainald ...

Go To
In Excel, you can name ranges of cells and use Edit --> Go To to go directly to those ranges. However, after you've gone to Go To once and you go back to it, there are often random cells referenced there (with $ signs indicating an absolute reference). Does anyone know why this happens or whether there's any rhyme or reason to the cells that are displayed? The cell reference on the top is the last address that you have gone to. For example, if you are in cell A2 and go to cell C8. $c$2 will show on the tope of the list. When you jump from C8 to another location, $c$8 will s...

Historical customer item numbers?
I posted this an hour ago, but it disappeared(!).... We have customers that change their SKU numbers frequently. So, physical item #A might have SKU #1 today, but SKU #2 next month. We need to show the correct SKU on our invoices to them. We were going to use the Sales Item Cross Reference table (SOP60300), but we realized this is a "live" value - that is, if we reprint an invoice it will show the latest SKU number, not necessarily the one that was originally invoiced. Does anyone know how we could deal with this? Does version 10 have any new fields in the SOP Order line tab...

SEND AND RECEIVE ALERT
Hi I am using outlook 2002. I use MSN6 messanger for chatting. Before I have installed outlook 2002 in my computer MSN6 used to give me an alert when new mail arrived. But after installing athe OL2002 it does not do that anymore. I have checked the settings for the messanger and "Alert me when new message comes" box is checked. Can anyone help me out that I can use the feature again? Sincerely Arefin rifat83@msn.com ...

Please Help...I can not send/receive or delete email on outlook 2000
It gives an the following errors" Error has been detected in the file C:|Windoews\Outlook.pst. quit all mail applications and then use Inbox Repair tool." I spent hours tring to find a solution on the support section. Couldn't find it.. Thank you so much for help.. What size is yr *.pst? OL prior to 2003 can have problems when greater than 1.7gb The inbox repair tool is scanpst.exe If oversize; http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296088 David "Daniel" <dqiab@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:05a401c3676d$0ef74c50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > It gives an the follow...

Directly link item engineering data rev level to PO entry/update
Common industry standard is to note the revision level of the item ordered on the PO... this is required for ISO. There is no direct table link from item engineering data to the PO Entry/update regarding item's current revision level. -- Steve Laurenzano K-Rain Manufacturing ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based News...

Hooking up 2002 to old microsoft post office internal WGPO
I had Outlook 2002 using the old Post Office for internal mail and after I upgraded to win 2000 pro I can't remember how to make that happen. anyone? http://www.outlookfolders.de/english/FAQ/PostOfficeXP.htm Just follow the steps outlined and Microsoft Mail will be available. >-----Original Message----- >I had Outlook 2002 using the old Post Office for internal >mail and after I upgraded to win 2000 pro I can't remember >how to make that happen. anyone? >. > ...

BUG? HQ Items Reports returning duplicate items
The HQ Items Master Quantity List and Items Master Price List reports are returning incorrect results. If an item is included in an assembly, that item is listed twice. If an item is included in seven assemblies, that item is listed eight times. I presume that the report is listing the item once and then repeating the entry for each assembly the item is part of. Each entry counts the full inventory, so your totals for cost, etc. are way off. Ideally, assembly items would not appear at all in either of these reports. At worst, a line item for the assembly ILC might appear but with a...

Sales Serial Entry upon transferring order
Hi, We have a case where all items are tracked by Serial No, and when the user transferrs the Sales Order to Invoice (Allocation per line item), the Sales Serial Entry window opens asking for the Serial Nos. While Serial Nos are given in Sales Order Fulfillment window from the warehouse personnel, we need to stop the Sales Serial Entry window from opening upon transferring Sales Documents without denying the user from that window or show any warning or error message. PS: Allow invoicing of unfulfilled or partially fulfilled orders is checked. Any suggestion? Thanks. ...

Error sending emails from Access through Outlook
I am having the typical problem when sending an email from Access. I get that error saying that another application is trying to send an email on my behalf or whatever. I heard that it can be bypassed by using sendObject, is this true? If so, how would i modify my code to use this.Function Email()'Set reference to OutlookOn Error GoTo Errhandler'Dim strBCC As StringDim db As DAO.DatabaseDim rst As DAO.RecordsetDim objOutl As Outlook.Application'Dim objEml As Outlook.MailItemDim i As IntegerSet db = CurrentDbSet rst = db.OpenRecordset("qryEmailReminder", dbOpenSnapshot)...

Sales tax tracking for AP
We need to track Sales tax for our AP expenses such that the expense (purchases) includes the Sales tax. If we use the GP Tax engine and enter the sales tax in the tax field of the invoice, it puts the sales tax in a separate Tax accrual account. We don't want the tax to be posted to a separate tax account but want to include it in our expense account. But we also want the ability to track the sales tax for each invoice/vendor & review it thru reports or smartlist Is there a way to do this? Thanks There should be a couple options for you. 1) Remove the separate tax account in t...

Downloading Sales Literature
I have 1 sales rep who cannot download our sales literature in the correct format? If it's a PDF, DOC, PPT, etc when he does a right click and save target as the format is always HTML? This is not happening to any other users. I had him try from his laptop and then one of my Windows 2000 Terminal servers with the same results. I am running 1.2. Any ideas? I initially thought it was his toolbar add-ons for google, but disabling did not do the trick, and that was confirmed when he had the same problem on the terminal server. ...

cannot post to m.p.w.v.g on msnews.microsoft.com
I cannot post to the group with the same name, when it is on msnews.microsoft.com "charles cashion" <cmcnuz@dunjas.com> wrote in message news:hp09ql$fd7$2@news.eternal-september.org... > I cannot post to the group with the same name, > when it is on msnews.microsoft.com That's a serious Vista problem. Take 2 aspirins and call the Pope. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." charles cashion wrote: > I cannot post to the group with the same name, > when it is on msnew...

write items in a list box
I wrote a code in VC to write items in a list box .But the code was not working.. I cannot type anything to the listbox.... What is the pblem???? void ClistboxegDlg::OnBnClickedButton2() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here UpdateData(); CString strText; strText = lb1; UpdateData(FALSE); lbc1.AddString(strText); //This is where the actual data is added } Hi Meenu, what is your problem? Is it, that you cannot write data from your program into the listbox or ist it, that when the listbox is shown, you cannot *type* data with the keyboard ...

Restricting Inventory Item Adds
I would like to restrict access to the ADD item under the Options drop down in Sales Transaction Entry window to just a select few. What is the best way to accomplish this? I thought I read some place that there existed a chunk file that could be installed per computer that would restrict inventory items from being added. Is anyone familiar with that? You should be able to accomplish that using field level security. If so, then you can restrict it by user rather than by computer. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com How about simply restricting acc...

Items won't delete
Hi, I'm tell Outlook to delete the e-mail that I have read, but the e-mail will not go away. Am I missing a command somewhere? Thanks for your time! Help Please <lmann3@aol.com> wrote: > I'm tell Outlook to delete the e-mail that I have read, > but the e-mail will not go away. What happens when you try? Do you get any notices? What version of Outlook? What type of account? -- Brian Tillman ...

Auto number items
I am looking to put a number in a all of the different types of boxes on my diagram. I have been creating a text box with a number and dragging it to the box. I was in hopes that there might be an automated process. Thanks Chip Asmus Have you tried Tools/Addons/Visio Extras/Number Shapes... "Chip Asmus" <Chip@lawlershallmark.com> wrote in message news:eaZ0rwfYHHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am looking to put a number in a all of the different types of boxes on my >diagram. I have been creating a text box with a number and dragging it to >the box. I ...

On-Sale Items report
Does anyone have a report that will show me all products that are on sale? I would like one that would shows me items on sale, when the sale expires, gross markup for the sale, and # of sold on sale. If anyone could write that for me I would be willing to pay I'm not schooled enough to do it. If not I would settle for one that just shows me active sale items. You can get most of this information except for # of sold on sale by filtering the Item Value List Report for Sale Start Date is less than or equal to today period and the Sale End Date is equal or greater than today. &quo...

Invalid Item ID 04-07-04

Red "O" next to Component Item on Assembly Entry
We are having an issue where we post an Assmebly and it shows updated qty for the FG and the components, but the Assembly Entry remains. The odd thing about it is that one of the components now had a red 'O' at the far right of the component item field. I can't find any info on this 'O', though. So, my guess is this posting issue (which has happened on two assmeblies in the last two days) is somehow related to this 'O' character. Also, when we posted the trx again (when it happened the first time) the assembly entry went away, btu everything posted again. ...

payables ck batch missing in series post
We have a check batch (GP ver 9) where the post option is gray - and when we go to series post the batch doesn't show up. This batch was previously stuck and we set the batch status back to zero. Now we can't post it. Check batch recovery and see if it's there Patti. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com It is not in batch recovery. "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote: > Check batch recovery and see if it's there Patti. > > Frank Hamelly > MCP-GP, MCT, MVP > East Coas...

Posting to Previously Closed Period
I did the year-end closing for 2004 but had to reopen December to post audit adjustments. I have not yet done another year-end closing for 2004. GP added entries to my entry. For example, my entry was Debit Expenses Account 1000 Credit Prepaid Expenses 1000 GP added the following: Debit Retained Earnings 1000 Credit Prepaid Expenses 1000 It appears the latter entries were made to change the opening balances in 2005. However, my ending Retained Earnings account in 2004 does not reflect the adjusting entries made to Income Statement accounts. My questions are...

Filing away posting Journals
I am wondering according to which number i should file away my posting journals in GL,PM,RM,BM I need a consistent filing system for my client,since he doesn't like the fact that GP has no auto batch number. another question: how can i trace a paybles transaction from payables to GL in Payables Management (in other words i want to see the gl transaction from payables) Thanks ...

Transaction General Entry
Hi, I want to ask about the Transaction Grid, can I change the backcolor of any particular field e.g. Account Number? In continuation to above, I am opening a vbmodal form through a button from Transaction General Entry Screen. Can it be possible that on closing that modal form I can change the color of any particular field (e.g. Account Number) of the Transaction Grid. Any work around will help me a lot. Thanks There is nothing in VBA to change the backcolor of the field, the only way to change the backcolor is using dexterity or modifier. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, M...