Posted Batches are still available

Hi:

We are using GP 9 with SQL 2005. We have a situation, where we have posted
the batches but those are still available to post. Those are showing no. of
documents and their batch totals, but when we print edit list of those
batches, there is nothing.

What is causing this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Are those Sales transaction batches? If yes, they may be order or quote in
your batch.

"Naseer Ahmed Farooqi" wrote:

> Hi:
>
> We are using GP 9 with SQL 2005. We have a situation, where we have posted
> the batches but those are still available to post. Those are showing no. of
> documents and their batch totals, but when we print edit list of those
> batches, there is nothing.
>
> What is causing this situation?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Andre9488 (80)
9/21/2007 2:46:05 PM
Hi Andre:

Thanks for replying me so urgently. No these are not related to sop, or
order and quote. But related to Project Accounting. These are timesheet
batches.

Any how I checked it in other areas also, that batches are being left open
to post without having any data in it, but batch totals are there.

Thanks

"andre" wrote:

> Are those Sales transaction batches? If yes, they may be order or quote in
> your batch.
>
> "Naseer Ahmed Farooqi" wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> >
> > We are using GP 9 with SQL 2005. We have a situation, where we have posted
> > the batches but those are still available to post. Those are showing no. of
> > documents and their batch totals, but when we print edit list of those
> > batches, there is nothing.
> >
> > What is causing this situation?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

I would run the Check Links against the related series.

"Naseer Ahmed Farooqi" wrote:

> Hi:
>
> We are using GP 9 with SQL 2005. We have a situation, where we have posted
> the batches but those are still available to post. Those are showing no. of
> documents and their batch totals, but when we print edit list of those
> batches, there is nothing.
>
> What is causing this situation?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
ThongD (53)
9/24/2007 5:20:04 PM
Hi ThongD:

Thanks for the response. Checklinks might resolve the problem, but this is
not the permanent soltuion. My question and conern is, why it is happening?

Thanks

"ThongD" wrote:

> I would run the Check Links against the related series.
>
> "Naseer Ahmed Farooqi" wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> >
> > We are using GP 9 with SQL 2005. We have a situation, where we have posted
> > the batches but those are still available to post. Those are showing no. of
> > documents and their batch totals, but when we print edit list of those
> > batches, there is nothing.
> >
> > What is causing this situation?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

Hi,

We had the same problem but with inventory batches (recording production of
finished goods and usage of raw materials). We found hard that the error was
generated by an old router, at least after we change that all was OK. In fact
the transactions were posted (quantities updated) but the batch with
transactions associated was still in series post window.

Radu.

"Naseer Ahmed Farooqi" wrote:

> Hi ThongD:
>
> Thanks for the response. Checklinks might resolve the problem, but this is
> not the permanent soltuion. My question and conern is, why it is happening?
>
> Thanks
>

> "ThongD" wrote:
>
> > I would run the Check Links against the related series.
> >
> > "Naseer Ahmed Farooqi" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi:
> > >
> > > We are using GP 9 with SQL 2005. We have a situation, where we have posted
> > > the batches but those are still available to post. Those are showing no. of
> > > documents and their batch totals, but when we print edit list of those
> > > batches, there is nothing.
> > >
> > > What is causing this situation?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.

0
RaduLP (15)
9/26/2007 4:00:09 PM
Hi Radu LP,

How did you find out the router was the problem?

"Radu LP" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We had the same problem but with inventory batches (recording production of
> finished goods and usage of raw materials). We found hard that the error was
> generated by an old router, at least after we change that all was OK. In fact
> the transactions were posted (quantities updated) but the batch with
> transactions associated was still in series post window.
>
> Radu.
>
> "Naseer Ahmed Farooqi" wrote:
>
> > Hi ThongD:
> >
> > Thanks for the response. Checklinks might resolve the problem, but this is
> > not the permanent soltuion. My question and conern is, why it is happening?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > "ThongD" wrote:
> >
> > > I would run the Check Links against the related series.

0
anijou (8)
10/18/2007 5:31:00 PM
We re-trained the user. The event occurred again. Then we re-installed the
Great Plains on that computer. The event occurred again. Then we changed the
router. The error never takes place. We were ready to change the computer and
the user too, but it was not necessarily.

"anijou" wrote:

> Hi Radu LP,
>
> How did you find out the router was the problem?
>
> "Radu LP" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We had the same problem but with inventory batches (recording production of
> > finished goods and usage of raw materials). We found hard that the error was
> > generated by an old router, at least after we change that all was OK. In fact
> > the transactions were posted (quantities updated) but the batch with
> > transactions associated was still in series post window.
> >
> > Radu.
> >
> > "Naseer Ahmed Farooqi" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi ThongD:
> > >
> > > Thanks for the response. Checklinks might resolve the problem, but this is
> > > not the permanent soltuion. My question and conern is, why it is happening?
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
RaduLP (15)

Export/Import Newsgroup Posts with OE6
Hello, I have *.dbx files for a single newsgroup on different Windows computers and the dates don't overlap. I would like to consolidate them into one *.dbx file to enable searching for key words on one computer only. There are a lot of great posts in this group, but I didn't see anything addressing this topic. Your help is greatly appreciated!! Firstly, OE only 'mirrors' what is on the server. Any message that was removed from the server is gone unless you saved it to a user created folder. The dbx files cannot be merged anyway. If they were for ...

When is Money 2005 Available
When is MS going to officially release 2005? It looks good to me and would be a nice upgrade. I understand that there are some prolems with integrating the new moneycentral portfolio and 2005. JCByte amazon.com says September 13. Time will tell. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:950801c48627$82f38360$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When is MS going to officially release 2005? It looks > good to me and would be a nice upgrade. I understand that > there are some prolems with integrating the new > moneycentral portfolio and 2005. > > JCByte I d...

Posting Fails / Restore DB-?
Hi, We have been using GP in production for 3 months now and NOW we are starting to see all the bugs that everyone had been posting here. So I have two questions. #1. Sometimes we experience error when posting Various transactions. Could be Project -> Billing entry. Sales -> Cash receipts or Purchasing -> Receiving Transaction entry. I am not saying they all fail at all times, but once in a blue moon one of the posting will fail with random error message. ie (string length error, Batch error. etc... ) Question: Whenever posting fails what is the normal proced...

The specified Microsoft CRM server is not availible
This happens when I'm trying to work with the Workflow manager, monitor import and export. the deployment manager works so does the CRM server interface as well. This message comes from the local box where the CRM server is running. any idea? I have heard/seen the following: name the iis site Microsoft CRM 1.2 (or v.1.2?) make sure its the default web site have it listening on ALL connections, not hardcoded When it comes up on some installations <localhost> will not work, and others it will. Try putting server.domain.com or server or <localhost> and see if you can atta...

PC Charge and batching out credit cards
When I settle or batch out credit cards at end of day, will this automatically settle the batch in PC Charge or do I need to settle both individually? Thanks I beleive you must do it in pc charge. to check open up PC charge and go to batch settle. and see if there is a balance. "Rob F." <RobF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12F12D09-5390-4BBE-8182-028A6A306516@microsoft.com... > When I settle or batch out credit cards at end of day, will this > automatically settle the batch in PC Charge or do I need to settle both > individually? > > Thanks ...

Error:The command or action 'SaveRecord' isn't available now
I converted Acc97 to Acc2003 and got this error when i tried to openone form"Add Info form", which has Save button.How can i resolve this error?Thanks....

Error When Posting GL Batch
I am getting an error when I tried to post a GL batch saying "The stored procedure glPostBatch returned the following results: DBMS :229, Great Plains: 0."; If I posted the transactions directly without assigning to batch it posts normally. Any suggestions about this issue. Mohammad, A DBMS error is a SQL error - when I look up error number 229 in SQL documentation, here is what it says: "This error occurs when a Microsoft� SQL ServerT user attempts an action, such as executing a stored procedure, or reading or modifying a table, for which the user does not have the ap...

FYI: postings not appearing in MS Discussion Groups again
Messages posted using Google Groups and the MSNews server (msnews.microsoft.com) are not appearing in MS Discussion Groups again. This instance of the problem began some time between 1:19am and 10:12am on Dec 7, 2009 -- "a date which will live in infamy" ;-). Messages posted using the MSDG web interface continue to appear in GG and the MSNews server. If we want to respond to someone who posted using the MSDG interface, we will have to use the MSDG interface ourselves :-( until the problem is fixed. PS: After the problem was fixed the last time, MSDG did catch u...

Unapplying a posted retainer
Is there anyway to unapply a retainer in billing after it has been posted? ...

Select a query showing only selective post codes relating a relevant postal area
Hi please could you help as i would like to run a query only selecting relevant post codes from my database. The post codes i would like to select are from ST1 to ST4, ST6 to ST7. Thank you spending time to help this issue Chedd -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200912/1 I assume that those are the starting three characters of the post code and that the next character is a space. You could try a query using the criteria Between "ST1" and "ST4 zzzzzz" OR Between "ST6" and ...

Still searching for an answer to bibliography problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I saw an earlier post about a user seeing Uxbek characters &quot;&amp;#1081;&amp;#1080;&amp;#1083;&quot; in their Word bibliography. I didn't see an appropriate solution posted and the thread is no longer active, so I'm trying it again... <br><br>I use the Word bibliography feature to insert the references I make to various documents in academic papers (APA style). I frequently collaborate with fellow students, sharing Word files and merging them to produce a group project...

Duplicate payees still in Money 2007?
Here is the scenario - husband and wife, have their own checking account, plus a joint mastercard account with the same bank. So it takes two accounts in Money to download the info. On one of the two accounts, the mastercard account is selected not to download. Yet, the info still downloads, and you get duplicate payee names periodically (not always). The bug exists at least back to Money 2004. Is this fixed in Money 2007? I'm not sure I understand the issue, Don: you have three accounts with the same bank. What do you mean by it taking "two accounts in Money" -- two s...

SMTP from Desktop still goes through Exchange Queue...?
This is inline with a previous issue below (Cannot send to Hotmail or MSN)...we smtp and pop from the desktop (outlook 2003) and all sent messages go through the Exchange (2003) servers SMTP queue...therefor it is stamped with our internal domain and this may be causing the issue with other domains that look for the reverse DNS...when this is done the mail message has our Exchange DNS instead of our ISP's DNS. The question...when I send from the desktop can I take my Exchange server out of the 'loop'? As a note...we run Server 2003 and have our internal DNS and our ISP has ...

Still event 9665 after applying /3GB switch and the USERVA setting in the Boot.ini file
We got Exchange Server 2003 with 2,5 Gb RAM. When rebooting Exchange Sever, I still have Event 9665 Warning (memory settings are not optimal). Anyone got a solution to this problem ? I followed Q815372 - How to Optimize Memory Usage in Exchange Server 2003.This is what I did: 1) Registry change - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager HeapDeCommitFreeBlockThreshold = REG_DWORD 0x00040000 2) Boot.ini change - /3GB switch and the USERVA setting added Thanks Jesper ...

Merchant service batch error
I'm having this problem, maybe Antonio can help. I tested my Citi merchant service account by settling a transaction, and everything worked correctly, so the next day I decided to clear all of the transactions out of the database so we could have a fresh start for the live system. I rung up a costumer who paid by credit card and settled the edc batch. Everything seemed ok. No errors. I waited and waited, but we never received the money, so I called Citi. Aparently, I messed up by deleting the transactions in the database after I had already started a history with Citi. They said tha...

which entity/activity instances are available during a workflow
i dont understand which entity/activity instance the check condition would be applied to when we write a workflow rule .. the instance the workflow rule would run on. .. all instances of that type for example account .. all instances of all types. like account,oppurtunity,contact. ...

View Z reports prior to batching to QB
Anyone have an idea on how to see what information is going over to QB prior to batching over. I would like to get a good idea of what is sent prior to batching over. Thought there was a way of viewing in word or notepad or something? Or even a report? Thanks! I think there is a report out on customersource that you can download that will do this for you. "JT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6a3701c52582$59787590$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone have an idea on how to see what information is > going over to QB prior to batching over. I ...

Post Double Mortgage payment
Hey all, I found that on my mortgage if I send the same payment twice a month rather than once I will pay off my mortgage 5 years quicker on a 30 yr mortgage. IE $1000 monthly payment send 500 2x at the 1st and 15th. Can anyone tell me how to set this up in Money? Specifially, I created the account as a loan account where the principal and interest are calculated on every payment. If you want a calculator to show the difference in double payments go to: http://www.dinkytown.net/java/Biweekly.html Thanks Eric Wild I have not tried this, but I would think you would enter the second $500 a...

Post Callout upgrade to 3.0
Q: What do I need to do to make my 1.2 post-callout work? I already copied my dll to \Program Files\Microsoft CRM\server\bin\assembly\ And made an callout.config.xml that looks like this: <callout.config version="3.0" xmlns=" http://schemas.microsoft.com/crm/2006/callout/"> <callout entity="account" event="PostCreate"> <subscription assembly="CRMPostCallout.dll" class="CRMCaller.PostCreate" onerror="abort"> <postvalue>@all</postvalue> </subscrip...

Batch file for starting/stopping all exchange services
I was wondering if anyone has written a batch file for starting/stopping all exchange services. I specifically am referring to Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition. I am unsure of what order to stop the services in and what order to restart them. Stop the System Attendant, and it will still stop all the other Exchange services for you. In terms of starting the services, you have to make sure that the System Attendant is started before the others, but I don't know of a absolute recommended order for starting the others. Can I inquire as to why you want to batch script a process to sto...

POST using SSL in MFC
I have the need to "use an object such as Microsoft's WinHTTP or XMLHTTP to emulate an HTML Form POST using SSL." I have examples for doing this in C# and .NET. Can anyone point me in the right direction for accomplishing this on the desktop using VC++ with or without MFC? Thanks! -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "Jonathan Wood" <jwood@softcircuits.com> wrote in message news:eqA16Xh2HHA.5796@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have the need to "use an object such as Microsoft's WinHTTP or XMLHTTP to >emulate an...

print packing slip for a posted sales invoice
hello, how do I print a packing slip for a posted sales invoice. thanks, Scott Hello, You will not be able to print a picking ticket or packing slip from a posted sales invoice. This is only allowed when the transactions are in the work table. Thanks, Melissa This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Scott" wrote: > hello, > > how do I print a packing slip for a posted sales invoice. > > thanks, > Scott > ...

GP 2010
Hi, I need help with editing "Comments" field which is under blue arrow on invoice line. After posting invoice this field (as others) becomes grey - non editable. Any ideas how to change its value ??? ...

Mass Update to make items available on website
Is there a way to do a mass update to change item properties to enable the "item is available on website" box? I'd rather not go through 1000+ items manually to do this. I am using RMS and Nitrosell. Thanks! Hi Julie - you could run an update query using SO administrator. I am not familar with the Nitrosell application, you may want to consult with the company that sold you this solution. Usually not all your inventory items will be available for sale on your web site, but I'm not sure how Nitrosell interacts with the web item flag... Anyway if your partner approve...

Errors posting PA Receivings and Invoice Matches
Running PA 8 build 60 (Sp#3) and now receive errors everytime we post: Cannot insert value null into column 'PAPostedQty' table PA01301, table PA01304, table PA01221 and table PA00511. I have dropped and recreated all auto procs for these tables, ran the PA utils. On previous build of PA, we were receiving Smart Heap errors, which had to do with Extender. Once Extender was upgraded to build 12, those errors disappeared and now we receive these null errors. ...