Post department hours to unit accounts in General Ledger

I would like to see the hours that are allocated to departments in Payroll,
also be posted to unit accounts in General Ledger.    Currently we have to do
this manually for doing analytical reporting on financial statements (Sales
per man hour or SPH) by taking numbers off the payroll posting journals and
then reentering them as a JE in General Ledger.

Thank you.
--
Douglas J Karel

Pax vobiscum

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9afc34c5-112c-4c68-b0dd-1c8562b21a08&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
DougKarel (5)

Explanation about Project Accounting Revenue Recognition
Hi, I am new to Dynamics Gp and have been trying to learn it by myself. Can someone hep explain the process of revenue recognition to me? Specifically what happens to the Overhead accounts and the contra accounts? Also how exactly the distributions take place. Hi Sibi-- I can send you a spreadsheet of T accounts that might help (I got from MS Support a few years ago). Just email me at christinap@theknastergroup.com. Take care, Christina ...

Unable to delete account
I closed my old loan account after refinancing, haven't created a new loan account yet, but my old mortgage payment is still showing up under the "Special","Debt" section on the budget main page, overstating my expense total. It is not listed on the Expenses page of the budget, and there doesn't seem to be any way to delete it from within the budget pages. I then tried to delete the closed loan account, but got an error, with a hyperlink taking me to a MS support web page that said to run the repair utility. I did, ran the standard version, checked the log...

User Account Control gets continually TURNED OFF?
I turn it on and at some point I see where it has been turned off. I have had to do this at least (3) times this week. Any help please as I would like to keep it on... Someone else using the computer? I keep mine turned off as it is one big PIA. "Artreid" <artreid@NOSPAMverizon.net> wrote in message news:uagThRh4KHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I turn it on and at some point I see where it has been turned off. I have > had to do this at least (3) times this week. > > Any help please as I would like to keep it on... > > WIFEY -- ...

Data visibility in shared accounts
Hi, all: Our business scenario is the following: - There are some accounts that must be visible for several business units. - These business units are all in the same hierarchy level, so there is not a business unit's hierarchy that can solve the visibility problem. - We're planning to have one main owner, who will share some accounts with a user belonging to another business unit. - The quotes and sales orders related to a shared account mustn't be shared. This means that, for a given quote belonging to a user A in the business unit A, a user B belongin...

Outlook 2000 User Accounts
Hi there, Could anyone please help me? I am trying to install multiple users on Outlook 2000 without having to log Windows users on and off. I would like a drop down list of users that can use Outlook. Is there a way of doing this without multiple user accounts in Windows? Please let me know. Regards, Michael. Tucks <longhop@yahoo.com> wrote: > Could anyone please help me? I am trying to install multiple users on > Outlook 2000 without having to log Windows users on and off. I would > like a drop down list of users that can use Outlook. Is there a way of > doing this w...

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...

General Ledger Mass Modify
In version 9.0 the GL Mass Modify option does not copy or move the GL account description from the source account. Instead it "builds" its own description from the account segment descriptions. GP end user (at least mine) do not fill in segment descriptions for the "main" segment and as a result Mass Modify creates inaccurate account descriptions. For example, in Fabrikam, attempt to copy the petty cash account 000-1130-00 to 300-1130-00. The description of 000-1130-00 is "Petty Cash". The description of account 300-1130-00 is "Administration- -"....

Hours Between Two Times
Is there a way to caluculate the hours between two dates and times while excluding weekends and holidys? Example: Start - 8/24/2007 12:00pm Stop - 8/27/2007 12:00pm Result = 24 hrs Thanks RN Hi RN, Assuming that your start date/time is in cell A2 and Stop date/time is in cell A3. I'll give you 2 nested formulas. One if you have the cell formatted for hrs and mins and one if you want the cell formatted as a standard number. Example 1:- Custom format the cell where you want the formula to [h] if you only want to see hours or [h]:mm if you want to see hours and minutes (The square...

Help with opening e mail account
Please Help! I am unable to open an e mail account on my new, unused microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail - Windows Mail. I have gone through the open new account many times and I just don't know what little thing or big thing I'm getting wrong. Please Help Me! You don't open a email account on a newsgroup. You need to enter the correct settings in Windows Mail to access your existing email account. If you tell us who provides your email account, then someone can probably assist. "john" <woremorse@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e...

Processing a loan against a 401(k) account
Does anyone know the best way to setup this up on Money 2007 Deluxe? My 401(k) administrator - JPM - will end up removing shares for the balance of the loan and then adding shares back as I pay it off each pay period. They do not allow me to download transactions, so all entries will be done manually. Should I setup a separate Loan account linked to thie 401(k), setup an "loan" investment, or just remove the shares / add shares as I repay. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Ben wrote: >Does anyone know the best way to setup this up on Money 2007 Deluxe? My >401(k) ad...

Merging Accounts limited to JUST ONE MONTH?
As requested - I changed my ONLINE account set-up for MONEY 2006 as per your online instructions - thank you. I turned OFF my account. Then re-setup and re-downloaded the current data. After doing this, without any warning, I learn mid merge that my re-downloaded account and my previous updated account will only be merged for the beginning of JULY. (the current month) YIKES! I had a years worth of data there. What do I do? Am I now to have 2 separate checking account records for this year, pre JULY and post JULY, or is there a way I can "import" my other data?. Thank y...

Ability to Change GL Account in Apply Sales Documents
I'd like the ability to change GL Accounts when applying sales documents. In particularly for the Writeoff GL. Currently our system takes the GL that is setup in the customer card for writeoffs, and we are unable to change this GL when applying. Thanks, Eleni ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then ...

How can I configure Outlook to properly bottom-post?
I have Outlook 2007 and cannot find the configuration option to allow posting the signature block at the end of the message I am replying to. I hate top-posting and it makes me look like an inconsiderate dolt. I have looked through all the multitude of options I can find, but this one must be tucked away fairly deep (which is weird, since it is such a common configuration issue). You'll need to create the signature as a Quick Part and insert it manually. -- Bill R "Douglas Palmer" <Douglas Palmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8922B6FB-7ACD-4A2F-B...

How to change "Opening Date" in Investment Accounts
Using Money 2005 Small Business Wanted to obtain year-end balances of accounts for: 12/31/2004 12/31/2003 12/31/2002 In doing so, I noticed that some accounts did not list in the reports for 12/31/2003 and 12/31/2002, even though there were balances. Investigating, I noted that the accounts which did not list had an "Opening date" of 1/1/2004. (Again, there are transactions in 2002 qnd 2003 in those accounts). I was able to get this information from the 12/31/2004 Account Balances Report by double-clicking on the account balance in the report on the screen; which causes a pop...

eConnect SOP Post Procedure
Hello! We are attempting to update the batch ID of an SOP order immediately after completing the integration of that order. The logic for this update is based on whether or not any process holds exist for the order. We would prefer to run this update as a post procedure in the process hold insert (taSopUpdateCreateProcessHold), but there is no post-procedure available for this node. When we attempted to include the logic as part of the header insert (taSopHdrIvcInsert), it did not pick up the process holds... we suspect the taSopUpdateCreateProcessHold node had not yet been run at t...

How to handle Contact customers vs. Account customers ?
Hello people, I wonder how consumers should be handled in Microsoft CRM. By "consumers" I mean customers that are individuals, "Contacts" in MS CRM. At first, it seems that this should be handled the same way standard Accounts should be handled: quotes, orders and invoices are available just like they are with Accounts. Then, however, I see contacts have no account number. I can, of course, easily create one on the Contact entity, but I am not sure this is a good idea. So, all experienced users out there: how should I do this ? Do you have any suggestions for a B2...

pop 3 account information changing
My incoming pop3 address appends to my account name and my pop3 address changes to localhost everytime I log on. That's usually caused by older versions of anti-virus software. What are you running? "jeff wolf" <jwolf@enlinkgeoenergy.com> wrote in message news:080801c3518a$059826a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My incoming pop3 address appends to my account name and > my pop3 address changes to localhost everytime I log on. ...

Units of Measure
Hello all - I am new to Publisher 2007 and to this group. I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered. I have Publisher 2007 running on Vista Business. All Control Panel Regional Settings are set to Canada. Two Questions First - I set the Units of Measure to Inches in Tools|Options but the setting only holds for the session. When I open Publisher for another publication, the Units of Measure default back to Centimeters. Can I make it stick to Inches? Second - All the Blank Page Sizes are in centimeters. Again, can I get Inches offered as measurements? Thanks -- And...

POST multipart form data always fails
Hi, I've been trying to POST a file to a server using the CHttpFile object without success. I'm trying to narrow down where my errors are and discovered that I am not able to even send a normal form text value to a server. I can do it with a URL string but not a "multipart/form- data" content type. Can anyone please tell me where I'm going wrong: Server Code (default.asp): ------------ <% Response.Write("Hello from Server") Response.Write(Request.Form("username")) %> Client Code ------------ CInternetSession session; CHttpConnection* pCon; CS...

Accounts in/ out of budget
Perhaps someone can help me think this through. I just purchased Money Plus to upgrade my Money 2006 -- I like the budgeting component of + so much better and want to utilize it and get rid of our cumbersome Excel spreadsheet. We have two primary checking accounts (check1 and check2) that our paychecks are deposited into, and two savings accounts (sav1 and sav2)that "hold" funds until they are needed -- property taxes, water bill, emeregency fund, annual insurance premiums. When our paycheck is deposited, I've got $xx going direct debit from check1 to sav1. I think in t...

Account Customization
We are looking to Customise the Account so that there are additional button on the Nav bar. Are there any examples of use of the template.css for This sort of customization ? The example in the SDK, is for the top level Nav bar, I want the tabs accros the top etc... Many Thanks Keith I am a bit confused... Using ISV.Config you can easily add "Left Nav Items" to the "Left Navigation Bar" of an Account. You can also add new menus to the "Menu Bar" as well as "buttons" to the "Tool Bar" (Just below the top menu bar). If you want to...

Disabled accounts and mail forwarding
Ok, I have a Exchange 2k3 here... I've disabled an employee's account (laid off) and have set up email forwarding from her account to mine, in case there are customer inquiries... How do I set it up such that when anybody emails her, it would say "cannot find such recipient" or some such notice telling customers not to send to that email again? It apparently doesn't do that as it's able to find a recipient - me. Thanks in advance. R Green Workaround: - Enable account - Set up an Out-of-Office message Downside: This only sends a message once to every recipient....

Free/busy resource and space usage? (EX 5.5/NT4) (RE-POST)
Our desktop group wants to change the default free/busy publish limit from 2 months to 12 months. We will be upgrading our servers Q3/Q4 this year, but until then we have limited space/resources on our old NT4/EX5.5 servers. I can't seem to find anything regarding space or resource usage in terms of the free/busy data. I know that it is stored on the first server in the site. I checked the properties of the schedule+ free busy folder, but didn't find anything in there. Can anyone tell me where I can find how much space the free/busy data is currently using? Also, on an already over-bu...

How do I limit the emails I receive from my other email accounts?
I am trying to import my Yahoo! email account to my Outlook program, and it's downloading ALL the emails I've been sent for the past 8 years. Can I limit how many email messages I receive on my computer? Not that I know of. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Emma Lang asked: | I am trying to import my Yahoo! email account to my Outlook program, | and it's downloading ALL the emails I've been se...

Can an Excel Invoice link to an Excel Accounts Receivable Report?
I'm useing the newest version of Microsoft Office (2003??), and I want to do my invoices in Excel and I would like to if and how to have the invoices tracked in the Excel Accounts Receivable Report. ...