Populate Markdown field in Sales Transaction Entry with differenc.

When using Extended Pricing, we would like the system to automatically
populate the Markdown field on the line item with the difference between the
Item’s Net Price and promotion.  For example, if the Net Price of an Item is
$150 and the promotion is $10 off, we would like the Unit Price to be
populated with $150, the Markdown field to be populated with $10.00, and the
Extended Price to be populated with $140.

Not sure if you'll see this or not but I thought you (or someone) might like
to know that I have gotten this request a couple times and have written such
a product.  Email mbstools@microsoft.com for details.

patrick
mbs developer support

"Distribution support" <Distributionsupport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:54CCC64A-8B48-4084-AD98-32B4806B7CC1@microsoft.com...
> When using Extended Pricing, we would like the system to automatically
> populate the Markdown field on the line item with the difference between
the
> Item's Net Price and promotion.  For example, if the Net Price of an Item
is
> $150 and the promotion is $10 off, we would like the Unit Price to be
> populated with $150, the Markdown field to be populated with $10.00, and
the
> Extended Price to be populated with $140.

How to create a CustomerID field for custom entities
Hi, The customerid field is used in opportunity and case and it allows you to select an account or contact, Great. I want to create this field in a form for a new entity i have made, but i cant work out how. Please help. Hi Michael, Customer is special composite type which is not available for custom entities in CRM 3. You will need to add two separete lookup fields for account and contact. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan &...

Subform in Datasheet View
Is there a way to have the datasheet view of a subform *not* show the "button-like" row that shows the field names? -- Thanks, tbl No there isn't. If you create a continuous style form, you can eliminate the headings. You can modify a continuous form so that it looks like a 'datasheet'. -- Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP "tbl" <hateThatSpam@invalid.net> wrote in message news:4gqs13dds31nhu1bsmbrm5tt86adbfea1m@4ax.com... > Is there a way to have the datasheet view of a subform *not* > show the "button-like" row that shows the field n...

Suggestion field
Hello, does anyone know how they call the suggestion field that appears at the explorer bar when you type an address. Or appears when you double-click on a username field. I would like to create something like that; maybe someone knows how to do that. It's probably simple but because I don't know the exact English word for it, it's hard to find. Thanks. You might want to take a look at IAutoComplete. Here is an interesting article that talks about it a bit. Tom http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/0800/c/default.aspx "Woestenburg" <Woestenburg@discussions.micr...

Question On Fields
What is the (Microsoft desciption)difference between the SIC field and the Industry Code field? To me they seem like a duplication. Thanks! Shauna Hi, According to the Deployment Manager descriptions of attributes: SIC - Standard Industrial Classification code for the Account industrycode - the type of industry with which the account is associated... Hope this helps! "Shauna Koppang" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:034101c48af4$62524a70$a401280a@phx.gbl... > What is the (Microsoft desciption)difference between the > SIC field and the...

Sorting Alphanumeric values in a text field
I'm using Access 2003 for a database for my company. I have a field in a table that has both text and numbers. They are part numbers, for example 21BC124. I kept the field as text because of the text with in the numbers and didn't figure that a numeric field would alow the text. In my part numbers table it sorts correctly (first by number then by letter then by number again), but in my reports and queries there are a few number that sort in the wrong place. Like this... 20D10-3 21BC123 21BC128 22D10 25TD47 21FA101 21FA200 25FA203 38FA601 21FP604 38WS100 I can't quite f...

Transactional replication of VLDBs
Hi Folks, I am assigned to do a transactional replication of a large database of size more than 4 TB and As the snapshot cannot hold the large amount of data I am looking for better solution like initialize the database from the backup and then perform the replication.? Any suggestions,ideas or very good links to do this? SQL Hunter (u63807@uwe) writes: > I am assigned to do a transactional replication of a large database of > size more than 4 TB and As the snapshot cannot hold the large amount of > data I am looking for better solution like initialize the database fro...

2005/recurring trans/split transaction
I guess 2005 working the bugs out? In previous versions when you had a recurring transaction when you clicked on it, it the split was available. I have a recurring transfer for a deposit, which sometimes I want to get some cash. So the split allows me to write the check for a larger amt. and use the split to post it to cash, rather than writing another check or using the number twice. anyway to fix this? thanks Change to Advanced Register??? "Brucefl" <Thisisnotreal@no.com> wrote in message news:O9c%231YhAFHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I guess 2005 working the ...

Changing the Selection Fields in a Combo Box
Hi, I've created a Combo Box using the Controls Wizard. In creating the control, I specified that my unique value to be stored in the table is an ID. When the user views the selection options in the Combo Box, I'd like to have the ID field hidden and only see the text values, while still storing the ID in the appropriate column. This is probably a second question. Also, when the user views a form that has been populated, I'd like them to see the actual textual values on the form, as just the stored ID value. Is that possible to do with the one Combo Box or is that...

Formula for date field
1.I have simple dates in one column (say column A) . 2.In the next column(Column B) I would like the date five months after Column A to be displayed.Eg if Column A has an entry of 9th June 2007,Column B should display 8th November,2007. 3.A simple formula does not do the job as this does not take into account the different number of days in different months! regards S.Sanatani Your post is a bit ambiguous since you don't really say how the different number of days in months should be handled. One way: A1: <date> B1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+5,DAY(A1)-1) In articl...

Adding additional rows for data entry
I have a spreadsheet with five columns that I enter data to. I then have a blank row at the bottom of these columns. Below the blank row I have several formulas pertaining to each row. How do I add more data to the columns and have the formulas adjust for these new rows without highlighting rows and using the insert rows command to make room (empty rows) where I can then add the additional data to the columns. Is there a formula that would always leave one empty row even when new data is entered in the columns? Thanks Put the formulas at the top of the columns. You can even use a Freeze ...

OAB field size limitations
Hi, we've noticed several user display names getting cut off within the offline address book. There appears to be a limit of 64 characters. If I look at the corresponding user entry in the "live" address book it displays correctly. If I search for the user in my copy of the offline address book it is cut off at the 64 character mark. Does anyone know if this is indeed a limitation of the OAB? I can't seem to find much about this anywhere. OAB property filtering for Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 OAB Version 4 - http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/archive/2006/04/29/586827.asp...

How can I parse or Loop a list based on single field to Googlemaps
This is some code that will parse each sequential field [Point_#) into a list for googlemaps. [Form_Runs].WebRouteMap.navigate "http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=" & "from: " & Me.Point_1 & (" to: " + Me.Point_2) & (" to: " + Me.Point_3) The table/form is laid outlike this: [Route_No] [Point_1] [Point_2] [Point_2] 5 North St, N1 East St, N3 High Road, W6 And the code will give this style of parsed list: from: North St, N1 to: East St, N3 to: High Road, W6 That works just ...

Z Report Customer Count vs Hourly Sales
My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of 384. Why the difference? This happens all the time. Thanks Your glass is: Half-Empty : Do folks at register forget to ask "Is there anything else I can help you with?" Half-Full: Your impulse items at POS are working -- better late than never! sammy wrote: > My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of > 384. Why the difference? This happens all the time. > Thanks -- ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Locally-Owned B...

IMPORTING MONEY FILES DUP ENTRIES
I have been unable to run money98 files in money2003.Tried importing files but all tranfers between accounts are duplicated. Don't understand how to import all the accounts at once. I created new accounts in 2003 and imported one by one, but any transactions between accounts is duplicated. Follow the prompts on the import file dialog that tell you to select multiple files to import at the same time. There are other guidelines if investment accounts are involved. You might want to review postings on this subject in the group archives at http://groups.google.com. "JAYNE" &l...

Mail Merge with Word 2003
Please Help if you can. I have lost hours editing a Mail Merge Master document, only to find none of the changes are saved when you reopen. Here's what happened: I want to edit the fields in a mail merge document. I want to search for the {OLD-FIELD} and replace it with the {NEW FIELD}. Word does not seem to allow me to do this. First, it will not let me cut and paste the fields into the Search & Replace Box. Secondlly, after hours of laboriously replacing my Fields one at a time, and dutifully saving, NONE of the changes were saved. The changes are all shown in ...

sent and received fields
I've just switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000. In one of my folders, I have sent and received emails that I want to sort together based on the sent or received date, but all my sent emails sort together because the received field has no value. And the same for the received emails. Is there a way to combine these fields or tell Outlook to sort based on both of them? Do I need to write a VBA macro to accomplish this? Thanks, Michael ...

Changing IS Transaction Logs Location
I need to change the location of my Information Store Transaction Logs. Whoever set up my mail server put them on a 1GB drive which is filling up every 10 days. I have plenty of room on another drive. Can I simply use the Database Paths Tab and change the location there? Will the system transfer the old logs to that location? Are they any dangers in doing this? Thanks in advance. what version Exchange? for 5.5, use the Optimizer wizard to move your Transaction log files... "jim treitman" <dtc@softprowest.com> wrote in message news:18f1e01c44cae$5de4e940$a601280a@phx....

Option for fields to show up in datasheet view
Hello, Since most people are more familiar with excel then access, my users prefer to see it in datasheet view. However, since it could be too long, anyone can help me how to make an option to show up only field that we can chose in the form. I remember there is a sample of database that has that one, but I do not know where is it now. Please help. Thanks in advance, Frank -- Frank Situmorang Simplest solution might be to set the Visible property of the controls on the form, based on the fields the user wants to see. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, West...

Math Function from Field Before Update
Have any of you written a function that you would be willing to share that performs math on text entered into a field before it is stored in the table? For instance, it would be helpful for a user to enter quantities of inventory into a field like 45+56+48 or 14+2*15. Then the function would calculate the total to be returned to the field to be saved. I'm sure I could come up with something, but I'm equally sure that someone has already invented this "wheel" before. Thanks in advance. Doctor wrote: > Have any of you written a function that you would be...

Why does Letter Merge not work with custom fields in template ?
Hi , when I do a letter merge with my own template(which has its own fields), Letter Merge doesn't work properly. I did some investigation and found that I need to go to Data Fields and select the fields that I have added in my template (apart from the ones selected by default). If I do that it works properly. Ideally, when we share a template, it should work for others without having to select data fields. Users can't be expected to open the template everytime, see the fields there and select it in Data Fields. Can anyone tell me why it behaves like this? Is there an alternative? Th...

Events template not saving entries
I am attempting to build an events database using the Events template in Access 2007. I have made no modifications to the template. It is not saving the information I add into the Event List table. I first tried entering information directly into the table. Then I tried entering information using the New Event in the Link bar. I can find no way to get the entries to save. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix somewhere? Does anyone have anything to suggest? Thanks. -- M'Lou *:) On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 05:05:01 -0800, M''Lou Wilson <MLouWilson@discussions....

auto fill in data when changing fields
i new to crm 4 and i would like to; once i selected the account i need it to grab the main phone and put it in the phone field, and could you tell me where i need to do this, thanks -- j.hardy you can modify the mappings of the corresponding relationship "moon" wrote: > i new to crm 4 and i would like to; once i selected the account i need it to > grab the main phone and put it in the phone field, and could you tell me > where i need to do this, thanks > -- > j.hardy ...

How can I make data entry easier?
I am creating a catalogue of information resources and need to classify each according to the subject(s) it covers. I have created two tables, tblResources and tblSubjects, and a table that joins them. I can easily create a form for the resources with a subform to list the subjects with a drop-down box from which to pick. However, with a very long list of subjects, it's a bit unwieldy. I know that the people who will be undertaking the classification would love check boxes on a form they can tick. Is there a simple way of setting this up for them? Would I have to writ...

Transaction dates a day early
Hello, Using M06 with direct connect & bill pay to my bank, the downloaded transaction dates entered are a day early in Money. If I view my account through my bank's web interface, the date would show as I'd expect (e.g. 11/21) for a given transaction. But when viewing my account in M06 (again directly connected/downloaded from bank), that same transaction has a date of 11/20. All transactions from this bank seem to "post" a day early in Money. I do let Money change the transaction date from what I entered to what the bank says (that's the way I want it). I a...