Populate customer through web services

I am trying to import a customer record through dynamics web services and
have the following questions:

1. How do I get the customer class information to default for the customer.
I am passing in the customer class and the class field populates on the
customer but the class information does not default. There is a behaviour on
the create customer but it is of type internal. If I change the behaviour on
the policy, the customer does not import at all.

2. How do I get the address on the customer card to be imported. I can get
the customer addresses to be imported into Great Plains but none of them
default on the customer card. How can I populate the customer card with one
of existing addresses after importing the address.

0
jacktundra (359)

Jack,
The answer for question 1 is that you can change the create customer
policy's default class behavior using the Dynamics Security service's
management console using the Policy node

For question two, you need to add the address to the customer object's
address collection.  If you retrieve one from the database and then add it to
the customer's address collection, you'll have to call update on customer to
get this to populate.

"Jack Tundra" wrote:

> I am trying to import a customer record through dynamics web services and
> have the following questions:
>
> 1. How do I get the customer class information to default for the customer.
> I am passing in the customer class and the class field populates on the
> customer but the class information does not default. There is a behaviour on
> the create customer but it is of type internal. If I change the behaviour on
> the policy, the customer does not import at all.
>
> 2. How do I get the address on the customer card to be imported. I can get
> the customer addresses to be imported into Great Plains but none of them
> default on the customer card. How can I populate the customer card with one
> of existing addresses after importing the address.

0
chrishet (13)

custom entity + linking contact
Hi, I am new to the CRM product. And have a few questions...... I know that in 3.0 you can create custom entity, but can you link your custom entity to other entity such as contact/account? In defining the custom entity, there's a relationship field and mapping field. What are they exactly? When/How do you define a relationship/mapping? Thanks, Jane You can create relationships to other entities when you create a new custom entity in 3.0. I believe that you can also establish if the new custom entity maps up to an existing entity, or receives mapped info from an existing entity. -...

Update MSN Services with Money 2007
How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 Deluxe version ??? Thank you. Bye. Paolo B. Italy In microsoft.public.money, Paolo B. wrote: >How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 >Deluxe version ??? Transactions that you enter yourself into Microsoft Money 2007 would not be forwarded out to MSN Money. This keeps that info on your own computer. For institutions with their own OFX servers, you would have to set up those accounts to download into MSN Money also. Accounts where the data comes in via "third party" ...

Automating Auditing of Directory Service Objects
Hi. Is there a way to automate the deployment of Auditing settings to the OU's in AD? I only have a handful so it doesn't have to be TOO efficient. These have to be deployed automatically (via script, command line or whatever) if at all possible. Is this possible? If so, where can I start looking? Thanks! On Wed, 19 May 2010 06:42:49 -0700 (PDT), Neil <neilriches@googlemail.com> wrote: >Hi. Is there a way to automate the deployment of Auditing settings to >the OU's in AD? I only have a handful so it doesn't have to be TOO >efficient. These ...

need custom cut and paste functions
Hello, I once wrote here about a problem I had cutting and pasting where columns would turn to "REF!" after a cut and paste. I would work around it by copying, pasting and then manually deleting instead. I thought turning everything in the sheet to absolute references would solve the problem but it didn't so now I am thinking of a different solution. Could someone tell me what I need to do to write my own cut and paste functions which would basically copy the selection and then on a paste it would paste and then delete the original selection from where it was copied from...

Error 1606 Money Service Pack 2002
I have tried all of the suggested fixes that I've seen on these boards for the error 1606. I now have no money program, I can not reinstall the money program and the error still pops up in my Turbo Tax and it is driving me crazy! I can not delete the service pack from the add or remove programs applet. I would very much like to finish the taxes before the 15Th. Does someone know what is going on? I've deleted registry keys, done clean boots, tried to eliminate every vestige of the program that can be found yet, when I try to reinstall from the disk, I'm stymied by Error...

Custom Toolbar in Chart
How do you create a custom toolbar with a ComboBox that will be avaliable when a chart is active? I'd like to have a TOOLBAR where a ComboBox (or ListBox) is used to select a variable. This would then change the source data for the chart. I've got the code to change the chart, I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active. Tx, Randall I'm not sure what you mean by "I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active." If you mean it should be active only when a chart is... One 'tric...

email address on Service Call Entry window
Add an email address field to the Service Call Entry window for the customer contact on the service call. Even if it is not pulled from the email address of the address id on the service call, at least the dispatcher could enter an email address on the service call in order to communicate with the customer regarding the call. It is common to take email address as part of contact information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the m...

View as web page in OWA
in OWA 2002, i remember there is a feature "View as web page" on the right side of the email. in OWA 2003, after open the received email, such feature no longer there. Anyway to enable this feature? ...

Vendor/Customer Secondar Address
Hi I have written small program in C# by using Econnect 10 I updating Customer and Vendor it works fine but I cannot update the Secondary address for both Customer/Vendor can any body tell me which Econnect schema I have to use to update the Secondary address. Regards Thirumal ...

M2004 Won't Save Customized Toolbars / Home Page
Unable to find anything in archives or the UFAQ on this... My Money 2004 file recently stopped saving customized toolbars / home page. Any changes I make don't "stick". I've used super salvage, which supposedly found and corrected some errors, but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Try this (and it is in the UFAQ under a less specific topic at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=153). Stop Money Express. Change your toolbar stuff. Exit Money. Restart Money. Restart Money Express. "Sock" <sock@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:8205f05b.04101407...

building a custom calender control
I'm trying to build a calender control that will allow the user to select a month and display any appoitments / jobs due for that month. I want it to look like the calender in Outlook. i'm having trouble creating this in ACCESS 2007. Could anyone help please? This is a gigantic task. Is there some particular area where you are having a problem? Most people would opt for automation of outlook rather than trying to accomplish this... -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t wor...

Excel for Customer History Records
Hello, can anyone direct me to an existing template that can be used to track customer enquiries and feedback. It needs an efficient way of recording follow up & response conversations. In a standard workbook layout if you type loads of text into a column (say 'follow up' for instance), it pushes all the rows so far down the spreadsheet it quickly becomes unwieldy. If anyone can help I could e mail an example of what we're using now (awful) and after having a chuckle at our expense maybe you can suggest something more appropriate. We're running 2003. Many thanks --...

ComboBox with AutoCompleteMode = SuggestAppend and custom search (Contains)?
Hi, I have a class FlightStation with a Search property that combines two attributes. I like to search not only for matching strings from the beginning, but rather from any where in the string. (With the Contains method or the string class) What is the best and quickest solution to implement such a search when using a combobox and not a TextBox for the input? I know about implementing a derived class like this: class FlightStationBindingList : BindingList<FlightStation> { // ... } But is there a more quick and dirty solution ?! - Sorry :-) My solution with the Tex...

Get firefox- The fastest web browser in the world!
FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web browser in whole world download now from site: http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ joke-master wrote: > FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web > browser in whole world > download now from site: > http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ > If you don't mind it's memory leaks. If you re-boot each day it may not be a problem for you. Al ...

Save custom formats independantly of workbooks?
Hi, Is there a way to save several custom formats (say, numbers in $000's, in $ millions, etc) which I would use for a variety of workbooks (including workbooks where those formats do not exist yet), with a name, and make them accessible from the toolbars? Earlier today someone kindly suggested to assign a name to the format using Format -> Style, but the formats I had saved have disappeared from the style menu once I closed a spreadhseet and used a different one. Any suggestion? Many thanks, Joss Delage ...

Web Interface
Hello I have installed CRM 3.0 and am trying to log into the web interface however all I get is service unavailable. Everything is running that I can tell is there anywhere in the logs I should be looking for errors? When I try and open Work flow I got this error: "The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRm server. Or you are not a valid user" I understand I need to log into crm via the WEB however when I go to the default site (http://dino:5555) all I get is service unavailable. We have ...

Saving as web page
When publishing spreadsheets as web pages I would like to set the page to fit within a full screen view. I have some that fit and some that don't and I've worked with the formats in Excel to fit everything within the screen on all of them, but that doesn't seem to help. Can I set the format to do this? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Jeff ...

Customer Messages
I know that you can link a pop-up message to an item that will display on the POS when an item is scanned. Can you do something like this for when a customer is selected? We have a membership program that has an expiration date and requires reapplying, we would like to know how close to the expiration when a customer is entered. Thank you for you help Not out of the box. Maybe someone will reply with a custom add-on. Are you tracking the expiration date using one of the custom date fields in the customer record? If you are not using the custom number fields, if one is avai...

Customizing a CFontDialog
In my program the user has to choose several fonts. I've put a button on MyOptionsDialog that right now just runs a CFontDialog with its DoModal() member function. But the caption on the dialog is simply "FONT". Is there any (easy) way to customize this to remind the user of which font he's choosing? TIA Norm "Ken Lee" <DoNotSendMeMail@Junk.com> wrote in message news:058001c3606e$fdbfcb60$a601280a@phx.gbl... > > >-----Original Message----- > >In my program the user has to choose several fonts. I've > put a button on &g...

Customer Relationship not shared
I have an issue with the following CRM 3.0 scenario: User A is member of the top level business unit User B is member of a business unit which is child of the top level business unit User B is member of Team X. Contact 1 and Contact 2 are owned by user A, and both are shared to Team X with read, write and append privilege. Between Contact 1 and Contact 2, a customer relationship is created by User B. Both the contacts are accessible by User B, however the customer relationship is not visible to User B. Does anyone know if this is by design? And has anyone a suggestion for ...

Adding GAL users into a custom form
Hi, I have created a custom form, and am required to add a series of approvers. What I am trying to achieve is: * Add users from my GAL into a text field, so that when the form is sent, they do not get initially CC'ed the form. Is this achievable, and if so, how do I do it (if you could help by including any appropriate code, that would be great). Regards, Rick ...

Populate cell with a value if another cell has a certain value
All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street. Is there a simple way of doin this? EXCEL 2007 Try:- =IF((F4="Bond Street"),"CX/025966","") If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "B2ORL" wrote: > All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value > CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street. > > Is there a simple way of doin this? Use IF() =IF(F4="Bond Street","CX/02...

Publish A Workbook Onto The Web, Then Access Using My Web Browser.
How do I access my spreadsheet, or workbook, on the web once I've saved it as a webpage from the file menu? I've found that even though I've save my workbook as a webpage, it does not have an http:// address which I can type in my web browser to access the workbook from my home computer or from a remote computer. Should I have to sign up with an http:// service provider or can this all be done from using Microsoft Office XP without going through a third-party? -- sigmad You have to have a website first of all, otherwise, where do you want to host this page? "sigmad&q...

Sales for Outlook Web Site question
Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it supposed to copy files to \inetpub\wwwroot\ or repoint the Default Web Site to another directory? I am getting errors clicking on the Activities, Accounts, etc. and the "Promote E-mail to CRM Activity" button... Yes, it uses Cassini on port 2525. No, files don't need to be copied to inetpub. Mike "Jim Scavuzzo" <NOSPAM-scavuzzoj@ecg-inc.com> wrote in message news:eTbk8jW9DHA.2044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it > suppose...