POP- How to find out when an Invoice was matched against a Purchase Receipt

Hello Everyone,
I wonder where to look for the Invoices being matched against the Receipts
entered by the shipping. I see some data by POP Type in a Table POP30310,
but I am wondering if I can match Invoice Date column found in GP with a
column in Table POP30310 or any in PM20000 and so far I am not able to find.

The reason why I am doing all is; sometimes at the end of the month we have
Invoices before the Receipts, so the Invoice date is before the  Receipt
which will eventually upset the RNI report and it will be other way around
like Invoiced Not Received INR and here I need some justifications

Any help will be appreciated
Regards,

0
viol

How are they entering the invoice?  You can't post an invoice in
Purchasing Invoice Entry that isn't matched to a receipt.  Are they
using Payables Transaction Entry?  If so, your RNI will never be
correct.  Would you be able to implement a policyy whereby invoices
don't get entered unless the receipt is available to match it to?

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
6/16/2010 8:07:46 PM
Hi Franks,
The Receiving "Transaction Entry" is being used twice, once for shipment and
2ndly for Invoice by A/P and then A/P is Matching the Invoices with
Receivers to make the Payment.

A/P is taking the net 30 days from the date of the Invoice means FOB is
Origin even though I have changed the FOB as Destination.
What that means is even the shipment is here, it is not being entered in the
system and sitting in shipping area, so when it is entered/received the
system date is different while the date on the Invoice before that date and
is printed on invoice.

It is complicated.

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" <fhamelly@eastcoast-dynamics.com> wrote in
message
> How are they entering the invoice?  You can't post an invoice in
> Purchasing Invoice Entry that isn't matched to a receipt.  Are they
> using Payables Transaction Entry?  If so, your RNI will never be
> correct.  Would you be able to implement a policyy whereby invoices
> don't get entered unless the receipt is available to match it to?
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>
> get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
viol
6/16/2010 8:18:57 PM
I'm missing something here.  How are they entering the Receipt and the
Invoice in two separate Receiving Transaction Entrries?  The only
choices in this window are 'Shipment', 'Shipment/Invoice' and 'In-
Transit Inventory'.  Is the match you're referring to a manual match
of the hard documents?

Thx,

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
6/16/2010 10:01:34 PM
I am sorry, it was my mistake. There are 2 options in POP TRX

1. Receiving TRx Entry - Material is received by Receiving Dept here
2. Purchasing Invoice Entry - Invoice is matched here by A/P against the
Receiver

What I am trying to do is, find the Invoice # and date on the 2nd menu
option to match or justify against the Receiver date to further justify RNI
as INR means Invoice was received before the Receiver.

I agree with your point that Invoice cannot be entered before the receipt
but even after A/P will be entering original Invoice date which will create
an anomaly.

> I'm missing something here.  How are they entering the Receipt and the
> Invoice in two separate Receiving Transaction Entrries?  The only
> choices in this window are 'Shipment', 'Shipment/Invoice' and 'In-
> Transit Inventory'.  Is the match you're referring to a manual match
> of the hard documents?
>
> Thx,
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>
> get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Zee
6/17/2010 1:22:07 PM
I think you'll find what you're looking for in POP10500 - Purchasing
Receipt Line Quantities.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
6/17/2010 4:35:59 PM
Hi Frank
Thanks again,
What I am trying to find out is the Invoice Date being entered at
Enter/Match Invoices; Data Entry Screen by A/P . POP10500 does help a lot
but it has only one date which I think is the Material Receipt Date.

Regards,

> I think you'll find what you're looking for in POP10500 - Purchasing
> Receipt Line Quantities.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>
> get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
viol

Excel Invoice Template
I think I remember reading somewhere that there are Excel templates. I just need a simple one for billing time. Does anyone know where I would find one to modify. Thanks. Michael File>New>General Templates>Village Software. Could be one you like. Otherwise, more here. http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 17:08:14 -0800, "Michael" <mlkpied@aol.com> wrote: >I think I remember reading somewhere that there are Excel >templates. I just need a simple one for billing time. Does >anyone know where I wo...

How to find default property for particular object.
Hi, is there a way how to identify default property for given object. E.g., I know default property for range object is value. Where can I find the default property for other objects? Thanks Alojz Hi, AFAIK, the only default property for an Excel object is 'value'. If an object doesn't have a value property then it also doesn't have a default property. Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Alojz" wrote: > Hi, ...

Finding data in Excel
Lotus had a data find function where you indicated criteria(Same heading as the database - You could use more than one column) on another part of the worksheet to search for. You selected / data, find and Lotus highlithed the row that matches the criteria. Is there in Excel a simular function? Hi Riaan Cannot remember Lotus, but are you talking about <Ctrl> <F>? "Riaan" wrote: > Lotus had a data find function where you indicated criteria(Same heading as > the database - You could use more than one column) on another part of the > worksheet to search for...

Clip Gallery can't find files
I'd appreciate any help. I just installed Pub. 98 and it started indexing my existing clip gallery. Now, it can't find my old clip gallery files and wants me to update the location of them since they were moved. Any ideas? If they are on your system, open the gallery, click import clips, in the files of type, clip gallery catalogs, browse to the folder. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Cyndy b" <bunnfam@bbnp.com> wrote in message news:014c01c347e3$ea772150$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I'd appreciate any help. I just insta...

Can't find my financial institution
My financial institution, Hewitt Associates, says that they are supported by Microsoft Money 2004. They are even listed on the MSN Money website. However, they are not listed in my Money program and thus can't seem to take advantage of the online services provided. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. >Subject: Can't find my financial institution >From: "=?Utf-8?B?aGVyYg==?=" herb@discussions.microsoft.com >Date: 12/25/2004 10:03 AM Eastern Standard Time >Message-id: <616EC9C2-95B0-479B-BDC0-AAFF3957B0C9@microsoft.com> > >My financial insti...

Re: Massive "FIND" or " Compare cells " then , Delete....
Hello All, lets say I have in Column A, Dan, John, Bill, Angela, Fred ...many entries of the same names.... In Column B, I have Nancy, Dan, Steve, I want to delete all of the "Dans" in both columns ... Can I do something like: =compare( A1:B20 ) , delete,*.*)) I tried Subsitute, FIND, REPLACE.... Help! I am Confused!!!! :) Select A1:B100 (assuming that is your range), do Edit / Replace, replacing Dan with nothing, then with the range still selected do Edit / Go To / Special / Blanks, then Edit / Delete / Shift Cells UP. This assumes you want ...

Finding text using PowerPoint
Hello everybody! What is the easiest way to to find any piece of text in a PowerPoint Presentation? I would like to search for any text in all types of shapes (including smart art etc) as well as comments, notes etc. etc. etc. I have done some research but it seams that there is not a lot of information on PowerPoint. Hope to hear of someone soon!.. please! Jaco Pretorius IT Professional Home Tab > Editing > FIND? -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html ...

Finding the position of a certain picture on the screen
Hi everyone, I need to make a program in c# that will find a certain picture (not a big picture, few pixels in a certain formation, which is not necessarily a rectangle) on the computer screen. I haven't really done something like that before, so I'm not sure how to do it. what I had in mind was taking a screenshot (I found a tutorial that explains how) and then start checking every pixel in the screenshot until I find one that looks like one of the pixels in my picture, and then check if there are pixels next to him that are same to the ones in the picture, and in the same fo...

How to find which day of the week, this year, a birthday fall?
Hello: I have a database with employee birthdays. (I enter all the birthdays as mm/dd/1900 so no one knows how old anyone is.) I have a query I use to inform the managers what birthdays are upcoming in their department. It so happens that 2007 had the same calendar as 1900 so I didn't realize I wasn't pulling the day of the week the birthday falls for the current year. Is there an expression I need to build or a particular format I need to set? I was using the number format dddd, mm/dd. Thanks. Using DOB as the employee's birthday: Format(DateSerial(Year(Date),Month(DO...

Can't find Australian Banks Online
On the list of financial institutions I can only find American banks. I also have Australian accounts that I would like to add. Could you please advise if this is possible? I am using Microsoft Money 2004. Thanks, Jason You can add foreign banks to money by selecting the not held at a financial instution option when setting up the accounts. The drawback to this is that you cannot link foreign banks to online services and you probably won't be able to download statements from their website because most foreign banks (with the exception of canada) don't support money. This ...

Using OWA how can I find out the size of my mailbox?
Hi I use OWA at University. How can I easily verify the size of my mailbox ? Thanks Jay ...

How do I find a copy of Publisher 2002?
Hi, I am looking to order a new copy of Publisher 2002. I have a new project that my client wants to do on Publisher. I have not yet upgraded to XP and am still on Windows 98, so Publisher 2003 won't work on my (yes I know) outdated computer. How can I find a new copy of Publisher 2002 which will work on 98? I'm uncomfortable ordering from some of the unknown sites that come up in a google search. Any suggestions? Ebay? Or you could try Sams Club, BJs, or Costco. They may have some older software. We have a buyout company called Ollies in this are. (Their motto is "G...

Finding the difference in days between two dates?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could let me know how I can find the difference in days between two date fields, would appreciate the help. Thanks Damon Damon; Just try this. Enter two dates ( 01/08/2003 and 21/08/2003 ) In another cell subtract the two dates, but format that cell as "General". If all is well, just must find a 20 in that cell. Or is it too simple and not what you want ? Mark Rosenkrantz. More Excel ? www.rosenkrantz.nl or info@rosenkrantz.nl ----------------------------------------------------------------- "Damon" <damon@nospam.co.uk...

POP Connector in SBS
Is it possible to install the pop connector shipped with sbs2003, in standard edition of exchange? i thin it worked well, and i don't like 3party software on my server. Martin wrote: > Is it possible to install the pop connector shipped with sbs2003, in > standard edition of exchange? No. > i thin it worked well, and i don't like > 3party software on my server. You can host your domain's mail yourself without the bother and extra stuff to go wrong... ...

find and replace or ?
Hi, I have a spreadsheet I've been updating which originally utilized a helper column with a date in it. Another column contained a rather long formula which referenced the cell in the helper column with a relative reference. I put the value that was in the helper column in a different location and wanted to update the formula to accommodate an absolute reference to the newly relocated value. Find and replace worked fine for the first instance of the formula, but I had to change the cell reference in the "find" box to update the formula in the next instance. I know I can ...

automating data copy from dynamic invoice to single spreadsheet
Hi - I am a newbie vis-a-vis VBA. I am trying to copy data off of an invoice (that keeps changing every day) to a single spreadsheet. So far, I have used the following code: Sub CopyCells() Dim rngData As Range, rngDest As Range Dim i, j As Integer Set rngData = Sheets("Invoice").Range("A16:g35") Set rngDest = Sheets("InvData").Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0) For i = 1 To rngData.Rows.Count If rngData.Cells(i, 1) <> "" Then rngDest.Offset(j, 0).Value = Sheets("Invoice")....

Finding the Value in the "last" cell?
I have an excel file that has a vba macro that grabs data from someplace else every few minutes and writes the data to the next empty line on a sheet "n". SInce the macro just appends the info to the sheet when event x is triggered I never know what the last line (row number) of the sheet will be. I need to have cell a1 (for example) give me the data is whatever is *currently* the most recent (or latest appended) data from column E. Thus, if the macro five minutes ago was on row 245 and E245 had the text, "FRED" and now event x triggers the macro so a new line of data is w...

Keep getting task pop 3 Send /Recieve Error 0x800 40 900
Outlook 2003 when I hit send /recieve to get mail the above notification appears, does this mean I have messages but unable to access them due to the error or could there be another explanation. Cheers Neil Is this a newly set up account? Did it ever work before? Have you checked with your ISP to verify your account settings? Check their website for the server details. Make sure you have spelled everything correctly in the account details - this is in the Control Panel mail applet. "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8D1CE45-5CE2-4651-850F-DA514...

Purchasing used RMS licenses
Hello, We're looking at buying RMS and a local business that went out of business is trying to sell their lanes to us w/ Dongle for Store Operations. We're also going to be buying probably 6 more lanes in addition to those from this business and the HQ Portion as well. Is there a problem with acquiring a used license, can we buy the support and maintenance for this license after the fact now? Thanks, Scott Scott, MS seems to be changing the rules every now and then, so I would ask MS for the answer and get it in writing! http://tinyurl.com/9qyvx -- * "ScottFC"...

Can an invoice contain 2 site IDs
We have a situation where users are billing items on one invoice with more than one location, these parrticular docments intermittenlty come up with wrong tax calculations. Question-is it practical to change location ids and why would we have wrong tax calculation? I have not had any issues with multi-site invoices. Tax calculations may appear to be incorrect if you have the wrong tax schedule ID assigned to the site (if using item-based tax calculation) or wrong tax schedule ID assigned to the customer ship to address at the line item level (if using customer-based tax calculation). ...

Turn off Clipboard pop up window
How do I turn off the Excel pop up window for the clipboard? I found the instructions for the Office Clipboard in xl's help by searching for Clipboard, then I could see this topic: Turn Office Clipboard command options on or off ==== Edit|Office clipboard There's an options button at the bottom. susan_baldwin@ghrsystems.com wrote: > > How do I turn off the Excel pop up window for the > clipboard? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

2008 money invoice designer completely broken for me
Specs: Vista Ultimate Money 2k8 Home and Biz Trial Both updated I just downloaded the trial version of Money. I plan(ned?) on buying it and using it for my business. The first thing I did after installing, was open the Invoice Designer and try to create an invoice... I say try because it doesn't work -- at all. First, I tried to add my company logo but the logo box becomes attached to my mouse pointer and I cannot resize the logo. I have to hit ESC for the logo box to detach. No matter what I click on in the designer -- label, textbox, logo -- it becomes attached to my mouse...

Purchase Order Reconcile Reopened PO's
When the Purchase Order Reconcile utility was run, the PO Status and PO Line Status was changed from Closed to New, Released or Change Order on thousands on PO's. What would cause this? Hi Elaine: From the GP Help files - "Reconciling purchase orders Use the Reconcile Purchasing Documents window to reconcile your purchasing records. You can reconcile all records or a selected range of records. When you reconcile purchase orders, the following information will be recalculated and adjusted, if needed: Document quantity canceled Quantities linked to sales line ite...

I have question.. I have problem with Cells.find
I have two file (p1.xls , p2,.xls). When I work in file (p2.xls) i need to find something in second file(p1.xls). Then write value from Cecha in the ActiveCell of p2.xls, provided that Cecha is found I have button and code: but this code does not work how I want !! because search in file p2.... (it work on inversely) What I should modify ?? that it search in p1.xls ??? Sub CommandButton3_Click() '------>in file p2.xls Dim szukana As Range Dim Cecha as String Cecha = InputBox("Enter the name", "Enter value") If Cecha = "" Then Exit Sub Workbooks.O...

GP 10
During testing of Manufacturing in GP10 a user processed a MO Receipt Entry for 15000, then they processed a MO Receipt Entry for 10000 and reversed it (using the shiny new Reverse MO Receipt function) and then they processed another MO Receipt Entry for 10000 and reversed it. Looking at the Manufacturing Item Transaction Inquiry screen for the MO the Received Quantity is 35000, seemingly ignoring the reversals. I have been looking around in the KB's and this Newsgroup to see if anyone else has noticed. Has anyone noticed? Is this a "feature" or something else. -- Tim ...