PO Return processing

In our shop we often recieve goods that must be quality checked.  When items
are rejected by quality control we then process a return.
The rejected parts need to be re-ordered so a new PO needs to be created.
Is there any way for GP to automatically create a replacement PO?
0
TotalDoor (15)

Not automatically. You can copy a PO to a new one.

"TotalDoor" <TotalDoor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In our shop we often recieve goods that must be quality checked.  When
> items
> are rejected by quality control we then process a return.
> The rejected parts need to be re-ordered so a new PO needs to be created.
> Is there any way for GP to automatically create a replacement PO?

0
callen1071 (408)
10/6/2005 8:53:51 PM
Many of our suppliers will reship the corrected parts under the original PO
number.  Is it possible to re-open a PO after it has been received and
invoiced so we can apply the corrected parts to the original PO?

"Charles Allen [MVP]" wrote:

> Not automatically. You can copy a PO to a new one.
>
> "TotalDoor" <TotalDoor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In our shop we often recieve goods that must be quality checked.  When
> > items
> > are rejected by quality control we then process a return.
> > The rejected parts need to be re-ordered so a new PO needs to be created.
> > Is there any way for GP to automatically create a replacement PO?

0
TotalDoor (15)
10/7/2005 3:18:03 PM
You cannot modify a PO once it has been fully received and invoiced. The only
suggestion I can make is to enter a new PO with an appended character.

"TotalDoor" wrote:

> Many of our suppliers will reship the corrected parts under the original PO
> number.  Is it possible to re-open a PO after it has been received and
> invoiced so we can apply the corrected parts to the original PO?
>
> "Charles Allen [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Not automatically. You can copy a PO to a new one.
> >
> > "TotalDoor" <TotalDoor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > In our shop we often recieve goods that must be quality checked.  When
> > > items
> > > are rejected by quality control we then process a return.
> > > The rejected parts need to be re-ordered so a new PO needs to be created.
> > > Is there any way for GP to automatically create a replacement PO?

0
CharlesAllen (483)
10/7/2005 9:40:02 PM
Can you go to Transactions-Purchasing-Edit Purchase Orders, pull up the PO
and change the status to Change Order then pull it up to edit?

> Many of our suppliers will reship the corrected parts under the original
> PO
> number.  Is it possible to re-open a PO after it has been received and
> invoiced so we can apply the corrected parts to the original PO?
>
> "Charles Allen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Not automatically. You can copy a PO to a new one.
>>
>> "TotalDoor" <TotalDoor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > In our shop we often recieve goods that must be quality checked.  When
>> > items
>> > are rejected by quality control we then process a return.
>> > The rejected parts need to be re-ordered so a new PO needs to be
>> > created.
>> > Is there any way for GP to automatically create a replacement PO?

Workflow Process for Opportunities Open past Est Close Date
I have been trying to create a Workflow Process that checks the Opportunity Close Date and sends an email out to the User (or User Manager) when the Opportunities are past the due date. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? The problem is recognizing when it is past due. Thank you ahead of time. ...

Return of Capital for Stock Investments
I'm not sure if Microsoft looks at this bulletin board or not, but I think they should. They seem to have a few flaws in their software. I have a stock (BCE) that I bought and because of the Nortel split off, received a return of capital. Thus, to date, BCE is down about $400, but Money indicates $6000 down. I had this fixed in Money 2001 by re-entering all the transactions again. I shouldn't have to do this again, should I? Thanks On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:51:30 -0700, "Bill M." <cableguy1948@hotmail.com> wrote: >I'm not sure if Microsoft looks at th...

LOOKUP value in a table and return value in first column of same r
I am attempting to look up a particular value in a table and then identify the number in the first column of that table which corresponds to that row. For example: 111 678 666 475 987 232 565 687 4888 242 4543 123 3334 2727 590 From the above table, be able to enter a value in a formula within a cell which in turn, would return the value in the first column of the row which contains that value. For example, if I enter the value 687 in the cell against which the formula is applied, I wish the formula to provide the value "232" as the response. ...

Value Return with the offset(?) function
I have a spreadsheet that has (for example) the following values A5 = 5 A10 = 18 A15 = 7 A20 = 22 Basically these numbers are summing other parts in the spreadsheet (weekly numbers). They are every 5 rows. Each week I add a new row (this week the value will be placed in A25, the week after, a30 etc etc. I would like to have a referenced cell (say in B1) that will give me the bottom most value, this week it should return what's in cell A20, next week A25 and so on. I tried using the Offset function with Count, but for the life of me cannot do it - if it can be done at all >...

Excel formula; all negative values return with 0

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error-if the problem persists, restart Outlook
Hi - I am running Outlook 2002, SP-2, under Windows XP Home edition, SP-1. I use MS Word as my message editor. For the past few months, I get the following error message in a dialog from Outlook: 'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error-if the problem persists, restart Outlook' This occurs when I either create a new message or note or edit an existing message or note and then leave it open for more than just a minute or two, rather than closing or saving and closing it. I have run the "Detect and Repair" menu option in Outlook several times, but that has n...

Returned Mail for messages not sent
I'm getting lots of spam, and some of these seem to be sending acknowledgements to the originator. I get about 20 daily "Mail Returned" messages from the Mail Delivery Subsystem (about 10% of the spam volume), where the e-mail mailbox is closed. I'm downloading message headers and deleting the obvious spam, yet these apparently outgoing messages persist. Any ideas? Thanks. It is someone who has swen who also has your address. Just filter on common words such as virus, inet, ms, corporation, etc. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ke...

Find and Return the Non-Blank entry
_________A 1_________ 2_________ 3_______Hello 4_________ 5_______Hello I have a single column range (A1:A4). One and only one of the cells contains a text entry (cell A3 in this example). I want to enter a formula into A5 that will return this text entry. Thanks, Art Try this... Assumes no cells contain formulas that return formula blanks (which are TEXT strings): =LOOKUP("zzzzzz",A1:A4) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FCDB2AF-ADA4-4F22-BC7A-38D2B1C1A813@microsoft.com... ...

Return string between two spaces
I have a string like this in a cell: AAAA T52650 BBBB. Need a function to return T52650. AAAA, T52650 and BBBB can be of variable length, but there will always be a space between the three. Anyone??? Does this help? Sub betweenspaces() With ActiveCell p1 = InStr(.Value, " ") 'MsgBox p1 p2 = InStrRev(.Value, " ") 'MsgBox p2 MsgBox Mid(.Value, p1, p2 - p1) End With End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Knut" <nomail@please> wrote in message news:%23t9J0RTBJHA.528@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >...

Parsing an XML file, ERROR: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required. HELP!
I'm getting the above error thrown somewhere in the code: XPathDocument xPathDocument = new XPathDocument(FileLocation); XPathNavigator xPathNavigator = xPathDocument.CreateNavigator(); XPathNodeIterator nodeIterator = xPathNavigator.Select("/plist/dict"); nodeIterator.MoveNext(); nodeIterator = nodeIterator.Current.SelectChildren(XPathNodeType.All); where FileLocation contains the full path of a local XML file. Why is this trying to access the file via the proxy ? What can I do to fix this ? JezB wrote: > I'm getting the above error thrown somewhere in the code:...

Manipulating footer to return page number.
With assistance from Graham & Gerry I now have the correct fonts in my footers. Next (and last) problem is to append the page number to a string being inserted in the footer, the page number to be preferably to be formatted as "01","02" .."99". Will never be more than 99 pages in a section. One way which almost meets the requirement is to append a PageNum field to the string, but as I am manipulating the footer using the code below, I do not know how this can be done. Again any help much appreciated. Portion of Code below. ~~~~~~~~~ sStamp = ...

Duplicate return address w/mail merge...
When executing this macro, the envelopes are generated as expected with the exception that the return address is duplicated. I deleted the info from option/user info thinking that I was picking up the address twice. No help. If I change 'omitreturnaddress' to true, no return address is generated. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Sub Xmas01() ' ' Xmas01 Macro ' Macro recorded 12/21/2006 by Donald ...initial step in setting up Xmas cards... ' ActiveDocument.MailMerge.MainDocumentType = wdEnvelopes ActiveDocument.MailMerge.OpenDataSource Name:="C...

Automatic underlining with return
I have been getting a double thick underlining when I hit the return key, especially after cutting/copying and pasting text. Did I mistakenly make a template or something so that this happens. I can't just get rid of it by backspacing, highlighting and deleting or any other normal way of doing it. It also may go away by one of those methods but when I hit the tab key it shows up again, sometimes in the same place and sometimes one line below. I am not very computer savvy so I would appreciate any help you can give me. Also, please make it simple. A lot of the terms that learn...

Mailbox Management Process #2
What is the purpose of enabling the Mailbox Management Process on the Properties of the Mail Server? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319188/en-us Nue "Jeff Shaw" <JeffShaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E06CE14-04D2-4DE0-BC02-1F2BF9148892@microsoft.com... > What is the purpose of enabling the Mailbox Management Process on the > Properties of the Mail Server? Thank You. "Nuevo" wrote: > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319188/en-us > > Nue > "Jeff Shaw" <JeffShaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

How do I return to 1st slide when not in use?
I'm makeing a touch screen ppt and I want the ppt to return to the homepage after 5 min of non use. Can I do that? On 12/8/09 1:55 PM, in article 1DEBBFEC-0713-4A6E-90F5-8138A0BC3C2B@microsoft.com, "mpmb" <mpmb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm makeing a touch screen ppt and I want the ppt to return to the homepage > after 5 min of non use. Can I do that? Kiosk mode (Slide Show > Set Up Show > Browsed at a Kiosk) includes this functionality, but it has only worked sporadically in some versions. Which version of PowerPoint are you using? ...

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value

Add Item button on Transfer out / in and PO
Hi All On V2.0.0105 I cannot get the above screen to display. I click on the button but nothing happens - is this a know problem and is there a hotfix? Many thanks Martin Is no one else having this problem? Happens on different PCs so I have no explanation! Please help! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_04B7_01C77B74.1597A130 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Martin, Its been discussed here a couple of times, either update to 2.0.0107 or = turn off the Always display Find button. --=...

Vlookup returns "0"

dcom server process launcher
I just started having this problem after my monitor freaked out on me day before yesterday. Now, everytime my PC is restarted, it shows this error window: "This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown initiated by NT Authority\System." and also says below: "Windows must now restart because the DCOM Server Process Launcher Service terminated unexpectedly." Then the PC restarts itself and brings up same window. I have AVG which has found nothing. I've done all kinds of check...

Array not working correctly Returns FALSE on second part
The below array I am working on is having a problem with the scond part. The cell is returning false. The first part works correctly when "All" is selected in my list box which triggers the first part, but when I select a specific region, the cells returns FALSE. Usually the array just doesn't work if there is a problem so I am not sure how to interpret this. I have checked the standard items that can cause problems with arrays. Specifically, name range size are equal. Thanks =IF('Dashboard-Sales'!$A$6="ALL",SUM(IF($AM3&Key!$B$2&Lists!$I$3...

Problem re-loading Office 2003
I have a fully certified copy of Office 2003 which was working fine and no problems at all - but after the hard-drive failed on my Vaio pc - I had to use the emergency disc to recover the XP system after a new hard-drive was installed. All my old programmes loaded like a dream - except Office 2003 that started the set up and then an error message came up - Waiting for cabinets to be cached - then missing file L2561412 and set up failed. I trawled through the web to try and find a solution and someone suggested that this was because 2003 was not locating the CD drive to locate...

Account Returns
Hi all, i have a small query with V1.2; If you do a return against a customer account, and don't enter a price in the account tender type box it does not show up on the customer account, but if you put a price in it does. Is this normal behaviour, or is there a hot fix for this? Cheers That's normal. You have the option of how you are going to issue the refund - it doesn't have to be credited back to the account. For instance, you might give cash back, or you might issue a gift certificate. Why you would want to do that I'm not sure - you might want to enter a pro...

Server unwilling to process your request
Hi, When I try to change the parent BU for some child BU's, I get the following error "Server unwilling to process your request". There is no obvious reason why this is happening, and it seems that this is not a common error either. However, I would really apprecaite if someone could somehow help me here... Thanks in advance, Nidal this may indicate an issue with your domain controllers. Have your administrators check the event logs on your domain controllers when you try this change again. Are you seeing any other issues? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http:...

Sumproduct is returning irregular values
Hi there I am developing a skookum s/s where I am returning values based on various criteria and am using sumproduct. The issue seems to be with the format of a cell. Here is one of my calculations. =SUMPRODUCT((Actuals!$A$2:$A$7500<"Q4")*(Actuals!$D$2:$D$7500="40TKB")*(Actuals!$B$2:$B$7500=50)*Actuals!$J$2:$J$7500) It is returning zero. However, if I put the 50 in quotes, it will return the correct value. My issue tho is that some of the calculations don't need quotes and some do. Eg, if I put "6531" in the following equation it will ...