Po / Receipt / Invoice data

I have data coming from various systems, that I'm trying to load into
great plains on a daily basis.
We don't necessarily have the invoice at the same time we perform the receipt.
It looks like from going thru the screens, that if you do a separate receipt
/ invoice transaction you need to create separate batches for each.
Does great plains, not do a 3-way match between po - receipt - and invoice?
(Before you would post the transaction to the ledger)
It looks like when you enter in separate invoice and receipt, that
you have a distinct Batch Type.
I'm hoping to Dump this data behind the scenes, and at the end of the
day... the user post the whole batch to the ledger.
Will he have to post 2 batches a day?
I'm a little confused on how the process should flow.
I'm used to a system, where you would dump all the appropriate
transactions into one batch... then process the batch so it can be posted
0
ScotS (31)

Scot,
As you know, If you have the invoice at the time of the receipt, you can
enter it directly saving a step.

Since you do not have the invoice, you would create a receipt, and then post
it - so that inventory and Accruals are updated.  Then when you do receive
the invoice, you match it to the receipt (and therefore the PO)

This invoice is in a separate batch because the receipt batch would have
been posted earlier.

HS

"Scot S" <ScotS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have data coming from various systems, that I'm trying to load into
> great plains on a daily basis.
> We don't necessarily have the invoice at the same time we perform the
> receipt.
> It looks like from going thru the screens, that if you do a separate
> receipt
> / invoice transaction you need to create separate batches for each.
> Does great plains, not do a 3-way match between po - receipt - and
> invoice?
> (Before you would post the transaction to the ledger)
> It looks like when you enter in separate invoice and receipt, that
> you have a distinct Batch Type.
> I'm hoping to Dump this data behind the scenes, and at the end of the
> day... the user post the whole batch to the ledger.
> Will he have to post 2 batches a day?
> I'm a little confused on how the process should flow.
> I'm used to a system, where you would dump all the appropriate
> transactions into one batch... then process the batch so it can be posted

0
HSalim (1270)

Display Text in the Data Area of a Pivot Table
I would like to simply display text in the data area of a pivot table without summarizing it. For example, take the following database: Date Time Instructor 8/9 8am Jones 8/9 9am Smith 8/10 8am Anderson 8/10 9am Doe ....etc and display it in a pivot table like so: | 8/9 | 8/10 --------------------------------- 8am | Jones | Anderson 9am | Smith | Doe thanks. ...

OB10 invoice files
Is anyone using OB10 to send invoices to customers? They need a "structured data file" for the invoice files we send and they say what we are sending changes each time ( the structure) using the standard GP print to file - whether it be - tab delimited, comma delimited or text file . Any help will be appreciated PB Saving the standard GP Invoice report will not do what you want. Although I have never done it, I suppose it might be possible to achieve what you want be modifying the standard report. However, I'd much rather create an XML file by some other means - there...

Highlight Data Points that change in Graph
Hi all Is it possible to highlight data points that change slope in Excel 2003 and if so how. Richard ...

Forms like the Invoice Template
I would like to design some of my own business forms similar to the Invoice template that comes with Excel 97. Can someone point me in the right direction to get started? Thanks, -- B Try: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5c619eb3-950b-4fc3- 8df4-88fb9ee83dc6&DisplayLang=en Watch word wrap here... HTH "Bradley M. Small" <BSmall@XNOSPAMXmjsi.com> wrote in message news:u1ZKd9YvDHA.4060@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I would like to design some of my own business forms similar to the Invoice > template that comes with Excel 97. Can someone point ...

Data Entry to a Cell Range
Can I set up a data entry form, so if every time I enter a value in a cell, it updates the next empty cell in a range? Thanks Lets assume that the form is used to update cell A1. We require that everytime A1 is updated the new value will be recorded in column B. Put the following event macro in the worksheet code area: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim A1 As Range, t As Range Set A1 = Range("A1") Set t = Target If Intersect(A1, t) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents = False n = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row...

Comparing data
There are 2 column in this query:- Column 1 Column 2 A A B C C E D D I want this 2 column to compare. If both A, display A, if different compare next 1...However, the result of the third column will give me all A,C,D without B and E included at the last row? Any idea to make them show all A,C,D,B,E? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Mon, 21 May 2007 02:19:56 GMT, "EMILYTAN via AccessMonster.com" <u33296@uwe> wrote: >There are 2 column in this query:- > >...

Increase data type size in GP table?
I don't know whether this is supported or not, but we're planning to roll out the HR module on GP9, and one of the fields that is missing for job applicants is an email address. We'd like to use an extra field to hold this data, but the field length is too short to adequately contain that information. I'm wondering if I can change the length defined in the SQL table structure for that particular column, or, if doing so will likely mess up something else (stored procedures, mappings, etc.). Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! Technically, yes. However, if you do that, you...

Error in Data Migration Framework (DMF)
Help..... I am trying to upload 14,000 Account records using the Data Migration Framework, along with 6,000 Contact records. It was easier to use the DMF rather than the bulk import especially with the relationships between the records. I first trialled the DMF migration of these records on the May VPC image supplied by MS and it all worked fine. However now that it is being run in a pre-production environment on full sized servers I am having problems. Approximately half of the account records, and all the contact records have been uploaded successfully. Half of the account recor...

Subreport Data Listing Twice for Each Report Record
On a report & subreport pair, the subreport data is listing out twice, and I can't seem to sort out why. Any suggestions appreciated. -- Thanks, tbl tbl wrote: >On a report & subreport pair, the subreport data is listing >out twice, and I can't seem to sort out why. Does the subreport diplay two records? If so, the problem is that your main report's record source query has a Join to the subreport's data source. -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] in article bq9q83pdvsepjusn44j91g84rpveu5a9bk@4ax.com, Marshall Barton at marshbarton@wowway.com wrote on 7/5/07 1:18 PM...

How can I get data from an entity via java script
How can I get data from an entity via java The problem: I have a new entity with alle zipcodes and cities/countries. I want it to be so that if a person enters data in the zip code on account or contact that city and state automatically is filled with corresponding data from the new zip code entity. How can I do this, java script ?` Any ideas appriciated ! Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 13991 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke de...

PO numbers in FRx?
Hello: Can FRx transaction detail reports in drill-down viewer for income statements display PO numbers from GP Purchase Order Processing, or does FRx not get that detailed? childofthe1980s FRx can bring in the originating master number of a transaction, however, I cannot think of a case where the PO number will be the originating master number, since the PO itself is not an accounting transaction. So I think you'll be able to see the receipt and/or vendor invoice numbers there, but not the PO number. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports htt...

Data format in pivot table
I am running a Pivot table on some swim data. Even though the data is formatted the same way "mm:ss.00", the fraction of the second is not showing up or is not part of the numbers in the Pivot table. Pivot table data Back 25 Breast 25 Fly 25 00:31.00 00:27.00 00:28.00 00:31.00 00:33.00 00:31.00 00:36.00 00:31.00 00:27.00 00:28.00 00:23.00 00:25.00 00:24.00 Data the Pivot table is based on 7 CMSA-SE 00:21.87 00:21.49 6 BMAC-SE 00:22.95 00:21.91 7 BMAC-SE 00:23.13 00:22.16 6 BMAC-SE 00:27.97 00:22.63 8 BMAC-SE 00:21.07 00:22.70 7 UN-SE 00:00.00 00:22.94 6 CMSA-SE 00:26.36 00...

Data type on import wizard not active
Hi there, Hopefully, someone can help me with this. I'm using the importing an excel 2003 into access 2003. Using the import wizard to import the excel 2003 spreadsheet. everything is fine until i get to the field options: dialog box. The Data type drop down isn't active. What can i do to make this drop down option active. Thanks for your help This is a known issue for ACCESS 2002 SP3. This issue is described in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875252 There is a Hotfix available for ACCESS 2002 from Microsoft Technical Support for this problem. Descr...

how can we transfer data from child dialog box to parent Dialog Box. #2
hi guys, i have created modalless child dialog box by parent dialogbox using UI Thread . now i want to do 2 things first i want to transfer CPoint variable from child to parent and second i want to call OnLButtonDown() function of parent DialogBox. i have hint but not proper please help me to complete this one. SendMessage(m_pParent, WM_LBUTTONDOWN, x,y); // from child side void CHRS_MoleDlg::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) //on parent dialog box first of all tell me is it possible if yes then what will be "x" and "y" so that they can convert into CPoint v...

Message-Data file not properly closed???
Upon boot of Outlook, EVERYTIME, I get this message--Data file did not close properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected by the check in progress. When I leave Outlook, I have made sure to close all files and exit properly. Is there some reason this happens? I even go back to my main screen now. Is there something more I should be doing. Did the file checking finish before you closed Outlook? If not, it will continue/restart the next time you start Outlook. If it still does this after the checking has completed, the...

SOP Invoice with Item's image
Hello, I have a request to print item's image at each item line on the SOP Blank Invoice. The image can be either stored on the Item Master's Note (as attachmenet) or on the Internet information - image. Anyone can advice me whether this is possible to be done in Report Writer? If cannot, what are the possible solution? Thanks May Unfortunately this cannot be done in report writer due to dexterity limitation, you will need to use Crystal Report for such operation. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohd...

Grouping & Moving Data
I have a spreadsheet with data in the following format on sheet1: Col A col B 1 pos 2 pos 3 pos 4 neg 5 pos 6 neg 7 pos 8 neg 9 pos etc etc - possibly upto 1000+ rows Each group of 3 are results of different tests on the same sample. (In reality there are currently12 different results for each sample) I need to convert this on to sheet 2 to read as follows: A B C D etc 1 pos pos pos 2 neg pos neg 3 pos neg pos etc etc Any ideas how to do this ? Thanks Joh -- Message posted from http://www.Ex...

form: data input locking up
Hello all... I have a form which was working fine until a few hours ago. The form has several sub forms. However, those are working fine. I am unable to edit/add/delete records on the main form. This is a front end database, with the main data storage on a network. I moved the data starage DB onto my local drive, reset the links and experienced the same problem. The form is not based on a query and writes directly into a data table. The form is normally called up (filtered) through code. however, I experience the same problem when I open it up directly (without filtering the re...

SQL Query to transform/group data by Date
Hi, I have a large Access table with data organised as follows: Field1: Code Field2: Date Field3: Value1 Field4: Value2 There are seveal different codes and therefore duplicate dates. I'd like to run a query to bring back each code grouped by date and so put the codes along the top as feilds. For example the query below brings back the following data for two codes. SELECT field2, field1, field3 FROM Data WHERE field1 In ('LLOY','RSA'); 21/01/05, LLOY, 12454 22/01/05, LLOY, 31541 21/01/05, RSA, 21241 22/01/05, RSA, 12414 Instead I want the data to look like this: ...

GetPivot Data
Hi All, In a spreadsheet i am using the getpivotdata formula, and the pivot valuesare stored in separate files. Eg: GETPIVOTDATA("Sum of Total$",[wk21sd.xls]Pivot!$A$3,"Name",$A7) Now my problem is the file name changes every week i.e. wk21sd will become wk22sd. i am unable to change the week name in the formula. i tried using offset which gives me the desired week name but the getpivotdata still does not give any value in result. Please help. Thanks, Navin Why can't you change the week name in the formula? navin wrote: > Hi All, > > In a spreadsheet ...

Refresh data in the quick journal transaction grid
Hi, I have a requirement to allow user to enter and save amounts in the quick journal setup screen. This is also required to update the amounts as soon as the user selects quick journal setup in the quick journal transaction screen. I have successfully updated the amounts in the database as soon as the user select the quick journal. But the transaction grid is not refreshing automatically. It refresh (get the updated amount from the database) only when I click any row in the grid. Can any body tell me how can I automatically refresh the grid as soon as I updates the amounts in the database. ...

Bar Chart for Text Data
I am trying to construct a bar chart showing students on the x axis and letter grades on the y axis. The data won't graph unless I make another column assiging a numerical value to the letter grade and plot the number. Any ideas? I am using Excel2000. Thanks Why don't you assign numerical descriptions for the letter grades 0 = E/F 1 = D 2 = C 3 = B 4 = A You can create a bar chart using the numerical info. You can then use Ron Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to relable the Y axis. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Check out Jon Peltier's info on a Vertical...

Analysing data from several excel workbooks
Hi, I'm totally new to excel and i need to analyse the changes in a funding position across several years in a seperate excel sheet. As in, submissions are made year on year showing the amount of revenue spent on several different services. I need to be able to compare how those have moved over the last 5 years in a single spreadsheet. I appreciate any help. Thanks To give a clear answer we would need a bit more detail of the data layout Give us a simplified version of what the data looks like Your 'subject' talks about different workBOOKS but the text of the ...

Conditional Formatting
I have a row of cells that calculate the totals for their columns but I force to be blank via IF statements until certain conditions are met. Once these conditions are met, the total appears. I'd like to also highlight these total cells via conditional formatting. My conditional formatting input is simply "If Cell is Greater than 0, format". For some reason all the cells format as though they are all > 0 yet they don't display anything. Are there some internal rules that specifiy when a cell is really 0? Is there another way to do this that won't care what the for...

One Line of Data Per Page of Report
When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 page report with 1 entry per page. Is there an easy way to solve this probelm? We are not very familar with access and need this problem solved. Thanks! On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:07:03 -0800, Coutu <Coutu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data >per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 >page report with 1 entry per pag...