PO Historical Status

It would be great to have a PO Historical Status report kind of like the
inventory historical stock status.

POs are affected by cancellations, additions, receivings, etc. and there
isn't an easy way to tell when all those things happened to a PO.  If a PO is
used for funding which has been recognized as a common use for POP (think
Commitments) then a customer needs to be able to tell the open balance at a
specific point in time like end of fiscal year.  As it is right now, I have
to tell them to print and/or dump info in Excel right at year end; however,
they may have some legitimate prior year adjustments.

Related request is the ability to make cancellations to a PO through
transactions.  Not only could these transactions be dated, but a clear
explanation can be made as to why the amount is being canceled.

Additions to POs can be made as an additional line item so there is room for
an explanation on why but there is no date on that field.  You can go into
the item expansion and change the Required date (which drives commitment
entries) but you cannot use a required date in the past.  You have to change
the User Date first which I don't like to tell my customers to do and some
don't even have permission to do that.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=eb620b76-8817-42d2-9980-7794bbff81bb&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Stefanie1 (19)

Credit card swipe status
Is it possible to get a prompt to show the status of a credit card entry using code or triggers without getting into a complicated add-on? To clarify, this relates to my problem where some credit cards, even though swiped, get recorded as manually entered. Could this condition be reported in the HTML status window or as an alert in a popup if a card is reported as a manual entry. Any ideas? Marc Hey Marc I was wondering where you see if the card was swiped or manually entered? "Marc" wrote: > Is it possible to get a prompt to show the status of a credit card entry ...

Automating Status Update of a Task
How can I make the Status Update of a Task AUTOMATICALLY be sent to an individual without me having to send the update myself? ...

Opportunity "Status Reason" change
Using CRM 3.0 Does CRM change the Status Reason" automatically? We are experiencing Open Opportunities being changed from any other status to "NEW" and cannot figure out why this is happening. It was suggested that maybe if an Opportunity did not have any activities associated with it or went beyond the due date by a predetermined number of days, its Status reason was reset to NEW. Anyone have a clue? Thanks Jim There's no out-of-the-box functionality that will do this. Some one may have created a Workflow rule that might cause this behaviour. If there were oth...

finance.yahoo historical data
Hey, Is there someone who can help me get started with some code, ideas links (so vba code) how I can use a userform with a list from where I select a ticker symbol to extract historical data (where I can choose the range in time) into an excel-sheet (or databank access)? I searched the internet and only found one site (yahoo finance group) where there was a file, but the code is password protected ... . So I'm stuck for now, and have no idea how or where to start. thx in advance Dieter Furniere ...

Modify PO #
Can we restrict user to modify PO #? How to? Thanks, -- SmokyDuck Smoky: Use either field level security or use VBA and restrict by userid (not recommended - just saying possible).. "Smokyduck" wrote: > Can we restrict user to modify PO #? How to? > > Thanks, > > > -- > SmokyDuck Smoky: Field level security won't do it. You can't restrict access to a required field. I have a VBA package for 9.0 that does what you're looking for. I'd be happy to email it to you. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynami...

Historical Aged Trial Balance report sort by document number
Currently the Payables HATB report sorts by only two options, GL Posting Date or Document Date. It would be helpful to allow additional sorts or modifications to this report. At present the two sorts are hard coded and regardless of what we put for a custom sort in Report Writer the default report option will override the custom. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to...

Posting PO Shipment/Invoice
We have two types of POs - one for our Service Center and then our Corporate POs. Currently, our AP Clerks have to follow the process of Receipt of the item on the PO and then the Invoice. They have the ability to Post only the Receipt not the Invoice. With the Corporate POs, we want to be able to allow our AP clerks to enter a Receipt/Invoice for a PO and not be able to post from this screen but still allow them to Post the Receipt of the Service Center PO as a Shipment only. Within Advanced Security they only have PO Receiving Transaction Entry Posting access and not Purchasing-...

Auto PO re-Order Help
Ok I use auto re-order to generate PO from lets say X Corp. Min. set @ 10 and Max set @ 40, so I generate Po which auto re-orders 30 Items from X Corp. Now 2 days later I need use auto re-order to create another PO from same vendor but not fpr the Items already on 1st Po/In transist but it does add these same Items if I have sold 3 it tries to order 3 even know I have seven in stock and 30 on the way? Is there a setting to make this program see that I already have 30 on order? -- Proink Have you pout the PO as "Order Placed"? as I know system counts qty on PO. "Proin...

Returning status/error codes as well as resultsets from stored procedure.
What's the best way to return error or status codes when you also return a resultset? Andy If you identify an error just use RETURN command with 1 or -1 to indicate the error, so no need to return result set, right? Otherwise SELECT 1 AS errorcode, <columns> FROM tbl WHERE............... "Andy B." <a_borka@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:ejFq5%23$yKHA.6140@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What's the best way to return error or status codes when you also return a > resultset? > If you have an error why return a result se...

Purchasing Error: You can't change the status of this line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it.
User is trying to close a PO. Goes into Edit PO Status window and searched on PO, and returns two line items (two different receipts). First item has status of Released. Tries to change to Closed, and gets error: You can't change the stauts of the line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it. Have searched through interface and SQL, and cannot locate any unposted receipts for this PO/item. Noticed that the qty on the original PO for this line item is 32 and qty on receipt is 31 (not sure if relevant or not). Have also Check Links on Purchasing module, but did not resolve. Any su...

Printing the Historical Inventory Trial Balance reprots
Ok, i know this sounds like a stupid question (at least to me it does), but where the heck to access and the print the HITB reports from in v10 Sp2? Thanks Chad Hi Chad I think you need to install the Feature Pack 1 also. ----- Patrick B. "Fliehigh" wrote: > Ok, i know this sounds like a stupid question (at least to me it does), but > where the heck to access and the print the HITB reports from in v10 Sp2? > > Thanks > > Chad I've been looking for that elusive report too Chad. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynami...

The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden
I am working on SBS 2003 with CRM 3.0 loaded using SQL 2000. While using CRM, I noticed that the reports were not working. I tried to do a repair on the CRM installation and received the error: Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server https:<servername>.<domainname>/ReportServer. Error: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden. I am fairly sure this is a setting in IIS, but have tinkered around inside of there and made numerous changes to no effect. Apparently this same issue is keeping me from making changes within System Settings in CR...

Status column in PurchaseOrderEntryDetail table
Hello, We're trying to populate the serial # into this table and run across the 'Status' column. What are the possible values for 'Status' column? Most of the time we see the value of '2', what does it mean? Please help. Many Thanks & Best Regard, Nikki ...

Can not display server and connector status
when I open the Tools\Monitoring and Status\status by Exchange System Manager, Generate a error: "an unknown error has occurred. ID no:c0040391 Exchange System Manager why and how to resolve it? ...

PO Receivings batch error
I recieved in about 20 PO's yesterday in a batch, and when I went to post the batch I got the following error: "The stored procedure glpBatchCleanup returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Great Plains: 20488. [More Info] "glpBatchCleanup. Error occurred attempting select from Batch_Headers" The batch also seems to be stuck in the Batch Recovery window, but I get the same error when I try to recover the. Anybody have a suggestion? Is there an error in the stored procedure I need to fix?? Thanks for your help! -Mike Chittick Checklinks cleaned up this same error ...

LOGO's for Different Companies PO's
Does anyone know of an easy way of having Great Plains pick the correct logo for a PO depending on the company that the person is logged in as? In other words, if I was logged into company B and went to print a logo specific report that it would know how to correctly pick the logo? Right now I am toying with the idea of creating a seperate reports dictionary for logo's for one company and another for the second company but I would rather not go that route if at all possible. Thanks! GP 7.5 SQL I have never done it but I've heard mention that you could place all pictures one ...

Enter Customer PO
Is there a specific line to enter custome PO? I would assume there is but I am not finding it. Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0699_01C6E8B0.79070870 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable G E, Most use the Comment line Ctrl+F10. =20 Now if you want to save the information in the database, you must turn = it on in Manager | File | Configuration | Options tab | POS options | = check record Item Comments Now if you want to print the comments on the receipt, you can download a = receipt te...

Can you import PO's
Does anyone imort Purchase Orders directly from NAV or any other system and if so how are you doing it? Thanks Gaz wrote: > Does anyone imort Purchase Orders directly from NAV or any other system and > if so how are you doing it? > Thanks You can import from NAV through SQL or C/ODBC driver (if you use navision databases).. or using tool how ls retail data director.. cod Gaz, We have a utility to import to a blank PO from CSV file. If you can extract from your other system. May be a solution. http://www.retail-pos.com/addons/csv.html "Gaz" <Gaz@discussions.micr...

Remaining PO subtotal should be renamed
Blanket PO - The first line item has 700 units (cost is at $1/unit). This was over received by 149.60 units. This line now has a status of Closed. The PO's second line item is for 300 units (cost is at $1/unit) for 39.39 units have been received for this line. The PO entry window shows a PO Subtotal of $1000.00. Expecting that the Remaining PO subtotal is only $111.01 instead of $260.61. I was reminded that the Remaining PO Subtotal is really only what is left remaining for the Open line. This is deceiving as the end user is expecting to see the remaining PO Subtotal = PO Subtot...

Unit cost recorded incorrectly when over receiving PO
Have a situation where the system recorded a unit price at 1/3 the actual unit cost. The PO had 1 unit. There also was a second PO with the same unit where 5 were ordered. On the first PO 3 were received. The system is recording a recieved value as the PO 1 unit cost divided by the Received three units. I thought no matter what it would record the receipt as 3 units each at the cost on the PO. In this case 565.34 was received at 188.45. It should have received them all at 1696.02. In this case the warehouse screwed up but the system does not need to make it worse. help? Is is possible...

Tax status questions
We are using "tax by customer" so that when we ship product out of state tax is calculated correctly, but in this scheme we are only able to mark items taxable or non-taxable. But we need to be able to make items exempt from either state tax or federal tax individually. Secondly, I am not clear on how RMS determine who is in the "Walk-in Customers" tax group. Is this just customers who don't match any of the matching criteria? Thanks, -- Dan Rishworth Enduro Sport, Inc. mailto:dan@endurosport.com http://www.endurosport.com/ You can enable or disable individual...

Order status never changes !!!!
If we "fulfill" a sales order, then "create invoice", I would have thought that we could then define a view which would show all orders with a status of "invoiced". But for some reason CRM keeps the order status as "active" regardless of whether or not it has been invoiced. The status options include invoiced, etc but this doesnt work! Help!! Not sure if this would work but you could try and create a workflow around create invoice and see if you are able to set the status of orders as Invoiced that way.... -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA ...

Incorrect Invoices on the Payables Historical TB
TK 873948 explains how to correct the problem when apply documents have not been properly written to the Apply table. Check links of course does not make the documents open and allow the documents to be re-applied. These transactions go back to 2002. Has anyone come up with a more automated solution to this problem. ...

Quick Campaign emails remain in draft status after Rollup 2-Correc
Our emails in quick campaign remain in draft status and are NOTautomatically sent. We have installed rollup 2 and changs per 911520 - any suggestions? Your help is greatly appreciated. 911520 E-mail activities are not automatically sent to the recipients when you distribute e-mail activities for a campaign in Microsoft Dynamics CRM After you install this update rollup, create a registry entry on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server that is named CampaignSendEmail. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK. 2. In Registry Editor, locate th...

Inventory Stock Status Report
In GP 8.0 >> Reports >> Inventory >> Activity >> select “Stock Status” from drop down list and run the report. For some items, the quantity on hand is zero but the inventory value is not zero. Do you know how to solve this problem? The inventory value is calculated by (Qty on Hand x Current Cost) or from database? If it is from database, would you please tell me it is in which table which field? Thank you very much. Stien Are you using the standard report or was it modified? (check Customizations). What is the inventory valuation method you are using (P...