PM Remaining Balance Does not Tally with Applied Documents

On few occassions, the PM Remaing Balance does not equal to Document Amount
less Total Applied Amount.

eg: PM INV amt $100, paid by 2 payment of $60 and $40.
the 2 payment became HIST yet the INV remains OPEN and current trx amt is
still $100.
what we normally do is to VOID the 2 payment, the INV current trx will then
become $200, then use SQL Analyzer to change to amount to $100, re-enter the
2 payment. These is kind of 'toublesome'...

does anyone has a script that will:
* list such trx where the remining balance <> applied amt
* in above example, to move the INV from OPEN to HIST (together with the
DISTRIBUTION)

or any other better practice/advice.

thks

0
HFLo (288)

Have you tried running a reconcile to fix this issue?

Richard L. Whaley
http://www.AccoladePublications.com
"Documentation for Software Users!"

"HFLo" wrote:

> On few occassions, the PM Remaing Balance does not equal to Document Amount
> less Total Applied Amount.
>
> eg: PM INV amt $100, paid by 2 payment of $60 and $40.
> the 2 payment became HIST yet the INV remains OPEN and current trx amt is
> still $100.
> what we normally do is to VOID the 2 payment, the INV current trx will then
> become $200, then use SQL Analyzer to change to amount to $100, re-enter the
> 2 payment. These is kind of 'toublesome'...
>
> does anyone has a script that will:
> * list such trx where the remining balance <> applied amt
> * in above example, to move the INV from OPEN to HIST (together with the
> DISTRIBUTION)
>
> or any other better practice/advice.
>
> thks

I did, but PM reconcile does not fix such issue.

"Richard L. Whaley" wrote:

> Have you tried running a reconcile to fix this issue?
>
> Richard L. Whaley
> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> "Documentation for Software Users!"
>

> "HFLo" wrote:
>
> > On few occassions, the PM Remaing Balance does not equal to Document Amount
> > less Total Applied Amount.
> >
> > eg: PM INV amt $100, paid by 2 payment of $60 and $40.
> > the 2 payment became HIST yet the INV remains OPEN and current trx amt is
> > still $100.
> > what we normally do is to VOID the 2 payment, the INV current trx will then
> > become $200, then use SQL Analyzer to change to amount to $100, re-enter the
> > 2 payment. These is kind of 'toublesome'...
> >
> > does anyone has a script that will:
> > * list such trx where the remining balance <> applied amt
> > * in above example, to move the INV from OPEN to HIST (together with the
> > DISTRIBUTION)
> >
> > or any other better practice/advice.
> >
> > thks

0
HFLo (288)

help! trying to paste in document in spanish, pub cant hyphenate t
hello! ive been trying and trying to paste in a document i wrote using word. the doc is in spanish, and pub keeps popping up a window every 2 SECONDS (which is really annoying) saying it can't hyphenate the text. im not very computer savvy so i dont even know what that means! is it like hy-phanate? i dotn even want it to do that! it says i need to download something from the disc, which of course i no longer have. why can i do it in english with no problem? im using pub 2000 by the way. PLEASE HELP!!!!!! thank you! What version of Publisher are you using as different versions have the Hyp...

Preview pdf document
When I receive a document with a pdf attachtment I would like to preview this attachment in the reading pane without opening it. Is this possible? Greetz, Maarten No. At some point in the future you will be able to with Outlook 2007 and the proper filters installed. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exch...

Valid formula remains in cell
I used the function arguments dialog to create and verify the function results in a cell. When I select the OK button, the cell content displays the formula not the results. I cannot seem to locate why. Can anyone tell me why? The cell is probably formatted as Text, format it as General then click in the formula in the formula bar and hit F2, Regards, Alan. "Wally" <Wally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074AA3FE-24A2-4440-86B5-8F3E2689B820@microsoft.com... >I used the function arguments dialog to create and verify the function > results in a cell....

Help: Can't display contents of Adobe Acrobat Document in Sheet
Hoping that someone can help with this. I'm trying to insert an Adobe Acrobat document into an Excel worksheet. I'd like to see the document contents, not an Icon. According to the Excel help files, it should be possible to display the file as it shows up in Acrobat but no matter what I do, I see only an Icon. I went through the procedure listed in the help files to convert the document (ensuring that "show as an Icon" is not checked) but nothing makes any difference! Any idea what I'm doing wrong? When I try this with other document types (eg AutoCad) everythi...

Allow the user to void a PM Payment Schedule.
It would be convenient if I could void a PM Payment schedule. We set one up for a client and it turned out the payment amount was off by $0.10. The lender charged them a late fee. Now I've set up and NEW schedule, but I need to kill off the old one. I'll have to do that through SQL scripts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Micr...

discrepancy in starting balance
How do I verify a starting balance from my 7/21/03 statement? Everything had balanced to that point and I need to go back to verify it before I can move on. Thanks! ...

importing excel and word documents from pc to mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How can I import all files at one time without having to import files one at a time? On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:19:17 -0800, inc_brc@officeformac.com wrote: >Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How can I import all files at one time >without having to import files one at a time? If your machines aren't on the same LAN, copy the directory to a RAM drive, to your iPod, or to a network drive, and then copy them from there to your Mac. That's what I do. -- "In no part of th...

Apply that security package #2
--dqhaiqmyssxd Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="sfqycxwjzwdclpwr"; type="multipart/alternative" --sfqycxwjzwdclpwr Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="gnlusvhzdbgrdwls" --gnlusvhzdbgrdwls Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure. Th...

How to generate different series of document nos for different users..
We would like GP 8.0 to auto-generate different document numbers for each user. For example: User A will be assigned INV document numbers 1-100 and User B will assigned INV document numbers 101-200 and so on. Is that possible in GP 8.0? If so, how do I go about it? Any ideas? Thanks very much in advance for you help. -Surendra It would have to be a customized solution. VBA or Dexterity are your best bets, for now. With GP 9 you will be able to use Visual Studio 2005 to create customizations, too. "Surendra" wrote: > We would like GP 8.0 to auto-generate different do...

highlight changes in document approvals in hr self-service suite
Business Portal should highlight the changes that were made in employee self-service requests when displaying them to the approver. For instance, if an employee changes his or her address, highlight the new address so that the approver can easily verify its accuracy. I have delivered training on the HR Mgmt suite several times and that request has come up each and every time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If y...

ReadOnly Visio Document
Hi, I would like to lock a visio document so it can't be modified by th user. How can i write that in my Vb code? I've tried something like that : intRead = Visio.ActivePage.Document.ReadOnly intRead = True but it didn't work! pleaz help! thanx Avalon2 -- avalon2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- avalon27's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=18 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=69035 Visit - http://www.officehelp.in | http://www.officehelp.in/archive/index.php | http://www.officehelp.in/index...

Seperate document for Splitter views
Hi My app shows 2 graph views seperated by a splitter. The base graphview class is the same say CGraphView if i use splitter.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView)... splitter.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView)... they both use the same document class but i need them to show graphs frm different docs if i make 2 objects of the CGraphView how can i use the objects as CRuntimeClass*??? is there any other solution. rgds fordge fordge wrote: > Hi > My app shows 2 graph views seperated by a splitter. > > The base graphview class is the same say CGraphView > > if...

PM Manual Payment
I have been 'investigating' a very strange issue on PM Manual Payment and would like to invite those who are using PM Manual Payment to: 1) run the following script against your company database select POSTED,PM10200.VENDORID,APTODCNM,VCHRNMBR,PM10200.doCtype, APFRMAPLYAMT from pm10200 INNER JOIN PM00400 ON PM10200.VCHRNMBR=PM00400.CNTRLNUM AND PM10200.DOCTYPE=PM00400.DOCTYPE WHERE PM00400.DCSTATUS=1 and PM10200.POSTED=1 2) if above script returns ANY result, pls mail me (hoifook@pcs.com.my) your result set and I would like to share and invite you to 'investigate' togeth...

include credit notes in select cheques without applying
the ability to include a credit note in a select cheques run without having to apply it to any invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ee64b37f-41ab-4036-a...

Apply To All #2
where would i put this code -- chie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- chief's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=777 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26694 The code he shows would have to be added to every workbook, individually. As far as putting something in your Personal.xls file, see Chip Pearson's web site for information about implementing application-level events. www.cpearson.com On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 12:53:18 -0500, chief <chief.1dpv20@excelforum-nospam.com> wr...

How can do you FAX a Word document in Word 2007 64 bit mode?
Tried to send a Word document via Internet FAX service. Dialogue box pops up saying that option is not abvailable in 64 bit mode. Is there any way to FAX documents from Office 2007? Sage words appreciated. If you have a fax modem and install fax software compatible with your version of Windows (Windows XP and some versions of Vista include fax software that is not installed by default - others will need third party software) you can fax directly from the PC by 'printing' to the fax software driver - http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm -- <>>< ><...

Inquiry-determine cheque credit applied voucher on
Hi, Our client has run a cheque run which included a large credit note applied automatically. They would like tobe able to doan inquiry on an invoice and tell the vendor what cheque the invoice was paid on. An A/P inquiry links to the credit note, but not the cheque. I had to run a trial balance to find the cheque which the credit note was used on. Is this info able to be found through an inquiry window? thx, Doug -- Doug Wilson Great Plains Consultant MCS Canada ...

Excel 2002
Hello, I've got a problem with formatting changes not updating in linked document... Simply put, if you have a document that has a linked cell to another worksheet, the formatting ie...COLORS doesn't change when you change the source document with the linked document??? Yes, for instance text will be updated... but again, not formatting like making it BOLD or changing the colors of the text! Any ideas... I did see a KB article 1009182 regarding a problem linking WORD with Excel... but not Excel with Excel and the formatting not holding... it possibly is the case with Excel to Excel ...

Clear XP recent documents programatically
Is there a way to programatically clear XP recently opened documents list? "gargoyle60" <gargoyle60@example.invalid> wrote in message news:njbi161rgepkrghm57ekfu91cukj2c64di@4ax.com... > Is there a way to programatically clear XP recently opened documents list? If not, you can set Recent Documents not to display on Start Menu and delete from desktops any shortcut to this record. TweakUI may be the simplest method. -- Don Phillipson Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada) Simply delete the shortcuts in the Recent Documents folder. A bat file running in the ...

word document date
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm trying to create an invoice for last month + I cannot stop word from automatically inserting today's date. This occurs in a template I downloaded from microsoft. Go to Insert menu choose Date and time choose desired format and make sure that automatically update is unchecked. > Go to Insert menu choose Date and time choose desired format and make sure that automatically update is unchecked. <br><br>Thank you. ...

Inserting Acrobat file in my Word document only inserts the first
In Word 2007, I clicked Insert Object, selected Adobe Acrobat Document, browsed for the document, clicked save, and noticed that only the first page of the Acrobat document gets pasted into my Word file. How can I get all 15 pages in my Word file? Thanks, Rhodesmk In Acrobat, you would separate the pdf into 15 separate files, and in Word you would Insert each one separately. On Dec 4, 11:43=A0am, rhode...@swbell.net <rhodesmkswbell...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Word 2007, I clicked Insert Object, selected Adobe Acrobat Document, > browsed for the d...

Need query to apply schedule to a category
I have created a sale schedule from 6pm-9pm Wed, Thr & Fri - named it NightSale. In RMS you must open each item - go to properties box - pricing tab - select schedule button & then the schedule name -- item by item. I want to apply this "sale schedule" to a CATEGORY using a query and a query to remove the sale schedule from the same category after the sale is over. My "NightSale" is schedule ID 9 - if that helps. Example: This week - apply "NightSale" schedule to all items in Category 1 & Category 2 End of week - remove "NightSale" sch...

Payables invoice with $0 balance but nothing applied
We've got a payables invoice that was entered for an amount and now shows the amount remaining as $0, however nothing shows as being applied against it. Has anyone seen this before on GP9, SP2? Any idea how it could happen? -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_541F5D58 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jim. Thank you for using Newsgroups. Can you give me some more information on this invoice? 1. Can you give me the name of the specific window or report you are seeing this invoice in? 2. What is the status of the invoice? Is it still open or has it...

Cash Balances recalculating in Deluxe online portfolio
I have an annoying problem with MSN Money online deluxe portfolio. I use it to track all my ISA and broker accounts and whenever I receive interest on a cash balance or a debit charge on one of those accounts I go into portfolio Manager and adjust the cash balance. When I edit the Current Balance in nthe Account settings the figure re-calculates as if the value is being translated into a different currency. e.g Current Balance shows: £4108.15; I edit this because of new cash to a value of £5000 but the value then re-calculates automatically to show £6,728.84. My settings are s...

Place word document content that is outside of print area
When I place some Word document content into publisher, the content that is outside of the print area is not placed. Perhaps I could fool my computerinto thinking that I have a printer that prints right to the edges. But perhaps there is some setting that says "place whole object not just that part of the object that would be printed" Tim By the way, I will be sending my stuff to a publisher that will be using a "tonbo" in Japanese ( I don't know how to say it in English) which is a spare area of page around my manuscript that is cut off afterwards. Thus he can...